Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,824 members, 7,810,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:21 PM

NAIRALAND Poll: Buhari Vs Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NAIRALAND Poll: Buhari Vs Jonathan (1151 Views)

Presidential Poll: Buhari Asks Tribunal To Grant Access To Inspect Materials / Nigerian Youths: President Buhari's Speech Vs Jonathan's Speech / Poll: Buhari, Atiku, Donald Duke, Fayose, Who Would You Likely Vote For In 2019? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NAIRALAND Poll: Buhari Vs Jonathan by naijapips04: 8:07pm On Jan 14, 2018
Let's settle this once and for all.

Of these two leaders , who do you think have handled Nigeria's security challenges better.

Like = Buhari
Share = GEJ

7 Likes 76 Shares

Re: NAIRALAND Poll: Buhari Vs Jonathan by will2lead(m): 8:12pm On Jan 14, 2018
Re: NAIRALAND Poll: Buhari Vs Jonathan by yarimo(m): 8:12pm On Jan 14, 2018
BUHARI
BUHARI
BUHARI / OSIBANJO till 2023

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NAIRALAND Poll: Buhari Vs Jonathan by iamJ(m): 8:14pm On Jan 14, 2018
yarimo:
BUHARI
BUHARI
amen, buhari forever
Re: NAIRALAND Poll: Buhari Vs Jonathan by Built2last: 8:15pm On Jan 14, 2018
People who support Buhari re delusional.

It usual comes from Religious prisms.

My heart is still with Benue people.

When I hear my Benue brothers particularly the Tiv elites talking about the Tiv youths misbehaviour against the fulanis, I laugh. I know that they do not understand what the real issue is all about. The Tiv people say that ‘Agbo ka awa tso inya ipav’ The approximate meaning is that ‘when the coco yam increases in size, the soil gives way.’ That’s what the fulanis are doing. But they can only do that technically with an excuse. In Agatu which is the latest case, they accuse Agatu people of killing their 10,000 cows which is a complete lie. They molest, intimidate, harass and excite tension amongst the people by wilful destruction of crops of local farmers. This is done with out the world knowing. Any little reaction by even one person among the lot whose crops are eaten up or destroyed is enough reason for a massive attack with heavy weapons of mass destruction. It is a well planned project heavily backed with financial muscle made possible by Mayeti Allah. Any fertile land in West African subregion is to be taken over if possible.

In Nigeria, there is even the urgency to settle down in the captured lands before the 2017 Census. According to their plan, once they are captured by the Census, in ten years to come, they shall become proper citizens of such areas. As citizens particularly in Tiv land, they will no longer be denied their right to have chiefs of their own, a request that have been turned down by the UTER-the second class chiefs of Tivland. It shall be recalled that the fulanis in Tiv land had requested the appointment of an ARDO (Chief) in each of the 14 local governments in the past. To my knowledge, only one local government did so. The rest saw danger in such an exercise. They have been proved right. The one that did so has since withdrawn from it.

I started this write up by addressing the Benue people to understand that what the fulanis are doing is not just the usual skirmishes between neighbouring tribes. The fulanis are not our neighbours and there is absolutely no way there will be a clash between us over land. It is a war of conquest. It’s their game plan that cut across West African countries. The Nigerian High Commission in Ghana has just reported the death of seven Nigerian fulanis involved in this sort of war. They died during a war waged against a Ghanain community. They were terribly unlucky.

My mission is to let the fulanis know that we know their game plan irrespective of the many excuses they use as their reasons for attacking us. As brothers, it’s expedient to educate them to understand that the time for wars of conquest are over. Even the most mobile tribes of Africa got settled down before the turn of the 19th century. This is the 21st century and I am convinced that with modern government, even the most brazen and terrifying jihad like that of Usman Danfodio can not move beyond Boko Haram.

Let me conclude by calling on our fulani brothers to forget their unattainable mission of capturing the Tiv. We have come a long way. We had a robust relationship whereby the fulanis came to Tivland after harvest and left as soon as the wet season started to allow us farm. In this way, we enjoyed each other. There were few unnoticeable feuds. They accepted their status as visitors and not joint owners of community lands. This relationship has lasted from 16th century to date. An attempt by the Usman Danfodio ‘ Jihad to capture Tivland and change the course of history was unsuccessful and disastrous on the part of the jihadis. Their desire for a return match now is highly uncivilised, crude, unexpected and really really in bad taste. This must not be allowed to continue.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NAIRALAND Poll: Buhari Vs Jonathan by naijapips04: 8:24pm On Jan 14, 2018
danAlmajir:

Why can't you go to xvideos and enjoy your mstbtion there

Thanks for offering, Almajiri. I'm fine though.

Lalasticlala, mynd44 this deserve to be on the front-page. Compared to twitter, NAIRALAND is more of a neutral ground to conduct these kind of polls..
Re: NAIRALAND Poll: Buhari Vs Jonathan by tribalistseun: 8:29pm On Jan 14, 2018
yarimo:
BUHARI
BUHARI
your brain is paining you abi

1 Like

Re: NAIRALAND Poll: Buhari Vs Jonathan by DLondonboiy: 8:52pm On Jan 14, 2018
Why are you foolish votes comparing Buhari and Jonathan? What do you stand to gain by such comparison? Buhari is a complete failure...so what? Everybody knows that..So? He would still win 2019 cos alot of you fools don't have voters card. While those that have voters card can sell their votes for as low as 5k..
So stop this useless comparison and do something productive with your lives.

Wait, why ain't you niggas comparing Buhari and OBJ? Leave Jonathan alone!

1 Like

Re: NAIRALAND Poll: Buhari Vs Jonathan by naijapips04: 9:05pm On Jan 14, 2018
DLondonboiy:
Why are you foolish votes comparing Buhari and Jonathan? What do you stand to gain by such comparison? Buhari is a complete failure...so what? Everybody knows that..So? He would still win 2019 cos alot of you fools don't have voters card. While those that have voters card can sell their votes for as low as 5k..
So stop this useless comparison and do something productive with your lives.

Wait, why ain't you niggas comparing Buhari and OBJ? Leave Jonathan alone!

this is referencing the thread by your colleague and patriot, Ngeneukwenu.

1 Like

Re: NAIRALAND Poll: Buhari Vs Jonathan by SalamRushdie: 9:52pm On Jan 14, 2018
NgeneUkwenu:

Mynd44 rule 2

where is the insult or abuse na grin grin grin
Re: NAIRALAND Poll: Buhari Vs Jonathan by EarthXmetahuman: 10:11pm On Jan 14, 2018
its high time mods started closing all these useless polls.

mynd44, lala somthing etc

1 Like

Re: NAIRALAND Poll: Buhari Vs Jonathan by yk2018: 10:23pm On Jan 14, 2018
BMC should try Buhari popularity here on Nairaland. Buhari Supporters should create a post to vote like and share between Buhari and a stone and see who will win. Omojuwa live Twitter come to Nairaland and create a post for Buhari since his mumu never do.
Re: NAIRALAND Poll: Buhari Vs Jonathan by aford006(m): 11:04pm On Jan 14, 2018
Job Vacancy
click here to apply for companies
with job vacancies on facebook:https:///vYZ2m4
Re: NAIRALAND Poll: Buhari Vs Jonathan by Oblang(m): 11:12pm On Jan 14, 2018
yk2018:
BMC should try Buhari popularity here on Nairaland. Buhari Supporters should create a post to vote like and share between Buhari and a stone and see who will win. Omojuwa live Twitter come to Nairaland and create a post for Buhari since his mumu never do.

I can keep winning on NL. Dont worry u will convert the likes to votes in 2019...
Re: NAIRALAND Poll: Buhari Vs Jonathan by nnachukz(m): 11:36pm On Jan 14, 2018
ngeleukwuelu come here and cast your vote where human beings are participating, not the useless thing you screenshot from your family members voting.
Mod move it to front page let's have wider coverage.
Re: NAIRALAND Poll: Buhari Vs Jonathan by anibirelawal(m): 12:00am On Jan 15, 2018
NON have done better...but BUHARI can still make the difference, because he is still the President!
Re: NAIRALAND Poll: Buhari Vs Jonathan by Ten06(m): 12:59am On Jan 15, 2018
naijapips04:
Let's settle this once and for all.

Of these two leaders , who do you think have handled Nigeria's security challenges better.

Like = Buhari
Share = GEJ

The 2 failures
Re: NAIRALAND Poll: Buhari Vs Jonathan by Obudupikin: 1:24am On Jan 15, 2018
Built2last:
People who support Buhari re delusional.

It usual comes from Religious prisms.

My heart is still with Benue people.

When I hear my Benue brothers particularly the Tiv elites talking about the Tiv youths misbehaviour against the fulanis, I laugh. I know that they do not understand what the real issue is all about. The Tiv people say that ‘Agbo ka awa tso inya ipav’ The approximate meaning is that ‘when the coco yam increases in size, the soil gives way.’ That’s what the fulanis are doing. But they can only do that technically with an excuse. In Agatu which is the latest case, they accuse Agatu people of killing their 10,000 cows which is a complete lie. They molest, intimidate, harass and excite tension amongst the people by wilful destruction of crops of local farmers. This is done with out the world knowing. Any little reaction by even one person among the lot whose crops are eaten up or destroyed is enough reason for a massive attack with heavy weapons of mass destruction. It is a well planned project heavily backed with financial muscle made possible by Mayeti Allah. Any fertile land in West African subregion is to be taken over if possible.

In Nigeria, there is even the urgency to settle down in the captured lands before the 2017 Census. According to their plan, once they are captured by the Census, in ten years to come, they shall become proper citizens of such areas. As citizens particularly in Tiv land, they will no longer be denied their right to have chiefs of their own, a request that have been turned down by the UTER-the second class chiefs of Tivland. It shall be recalled that the fulanis in Tiv land had requested the appointment of an ARDO (Chief) in each of the 14 local governments in the past. To my knowledge, only one local government did so. The rest saw danger in such an exercise. They have been proved right. The one that did so has since withdrawn from it.

I started this write up by addressing the Benue people to understand that what the fulanis are doing is not just the usual skirmishes between neighbouring tribes. The fulanis are not our neighbours and there is absolutely no way there will be a clash between us over land. It is a war of conquest. It’s their game plan that cut across West African countries. The Nigerian High Commission in Ghana has just reported the death of seven Nigerian fulanis involved in this sort of war. They died during a war waged against a Ghanain community. They were terribly unlucky.

My mission is to let the fulanis know that we know their game plan irrespective of the many excuses they use as their reasons for attacking us. As brothers, it’s expedient to educate them to understand that the time for wars of conquest are over. Even the most mobile tribes of Africa got settled down before the turn of the 19th century. This is the 21st century and I am convinced that with modern government, even the most brazen and terrifying jihad like that of Usman Danfodio can not move beyond Boko Haram.

Let me conclude by calling on our fulani brothers to forget their unattainable mission of capturing the Tiv. We have come a long way. We had a robust relationship whereby the fulanis came to Tivland after harvest and left as soon as the wet season started to allow us farm. In this way, we enjoyed each other. There were few unnoticeable feuds. They accepted their status as visitors and not joint owners of community lands. This relationship has lasted from 16th century to date. An attempt by the Usman Danfodio ‘ Jihad to capture Tivland and change the course of history was unsuccessful and disastrous on the part of the jihadis. Their desire for a return match now is highly uncivilised, crude, unexpected and really really in bad taste. This must not be allowed to continue.

What a write up.
Re: NAIRALAND Poll: Buhari Vs Jonathan by futurerex: 1:49am On Jan 15, 2018
yarimo:
BUHARI
BUHARI

Buhari till fowl grow teeth

Re: NAIRALAND Poll: Buhari Vs Jonathan by naijapips04: 7:07am On Jan 15, 2018
Ten06:

The 2 failures

Yes. But one is better at failing than anything else.

(1) (Reply)

Still On Joe Achuzie / SW Of Nigeria's Achievements In Education. / Rome Was Not Destroyed In A Day - Simon Kolawole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.