Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,722 members, 7,831,297 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:43 PM

Oby Ezekwesili's Red Card Movement Gains Grounds On Social Media - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oby Ezekwesili's Red Card Movement Gains Grounds On Social Media (25967 Views)

Oby Ezekwesili & Her Predictions About The Nigeria Air Few Months Ago / Green Card Movement Vs Red Card Movement: Buhari's Supporters Counter Ezekwesili / Opinion On Ezekwesili's Red Card Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oby Ezekwesili's Red Card Movement Gains Grounds On Social Media by kings09(m): 9:05am On Jan 15, 2018
Revolution should start
Re: Oby Ezekwesili's Red Card Movement Gains Grounds On Social Media by Kingspin(m): 9:06am On Jan 15, 2018
Somebody, somewhere have to say meaningful something to Nigerians. Get it start..
Re: Oby Ezekwesili's Red Card Movement Gains Grounds On Social Media by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 9:08am On Jan 15, 2018
When she was in power on the PDP ticket she had no need for any red card. Since she fell out of favor she has been disturbing us daily.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili's Red Card Movement Gains Grounds On Social Media by Boyooosa(m): 9:08am On Jan 15, 2018
Thalidomide in Patrick's voice.
Good intention anyway but short term plan
Re: Oby Ezekwesili's Red Card Movement Gains Grounds On Social Media by jerflakes(m): 9:10am On Jan 15, 2018
aolawale025:
So doing they would pave the way for a third force. A new party to knock out PDP and finish APC

What else is new?

The new party will still comprise of APC and PDP members

Who else?

3 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili's Red Card Movement Gains Grounds On Social Media by Menzy86(m): 9:13am On Jan 15, 2018
omohayek:
I have to wonder about those of you who insist on dismissing her eminently sensible program by insinuating she's doing this to support one of the two parties she says she wants kicked out of power: are you simply parroting whatever your APC or PDP handlers have ordered you to say, or do you truly believe the nonsense you've written? I have to ask because I can't see how any sane person would want Nigeria to experience more of the same old government by the same old failures and thieves, unless the person stands massively to gain from the status quo.

Oby Ezekweselli is right: it's time the Nigerian masses said "enough is enough", and sent the current career criminals in Abuja and 36 state-houses packing. Let's stop pretending that the only "choice" we have is between the APC and the PDP, both of which are so interchangeable and ideology-free that their members freely jump from one party to the other as it suits them.
I was beginning to get really irritated by the comments I was seeing until I saw yours. Nigerians indeed stand for NOTHING and the lack of self belief is the reason why the hopeless youths dont know that their destinies are in their hands and NOONE will fight for them. And not everything is a joke!

2 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili's Red Card Movement Gains Grounds On Social Media by kuntash: 9:15am On Jan 15, 2018
velai:
Red card movement, is she done with Chibok girls?

you mean you didnt understand what they wrote or what ?

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili's Red Card Movement Gains Grounds On Social Media by AnotherZik: 9:18am On Jan 15, 2018
LRNZH:
On Jan 4th at the turn of the year, Oby Ezekwesili, a chartered accountant, co-founder of Transparency International, who served as Federal Minister of Solid Minerals and as Federal Minister of Education during under former president Olusegun Obasanjo, tweeted the following:

She wants Nigerians to kick both APC and PDP politicians out of power in 2019.

The so called Red Card Movement is gaining grounds on social media. Her comment has been retweeted over 3,000 times and liked for over 3,600 times as at when this post was made.

Do you think this movement will be successful?

Source: Oby Ezekwesili's Twitter page (@obyezeks):
http://twitter.com/obyezeks?s=09

Bakare demands democratic revolution, says it’s time to reclaim Nigeria

Senior Pastor of the Latter Rain Assembly, Tunde Bakare, on Sunday declared that registering to vote by obtaining a permanent voter card has become a national priority, stressing that the time has come to reclaim Nigeria from persons in position of authority who are opposed to restructuring.

Bakare categorically called out President Muhammadu Buhari, with whom he ran to be vice president in 2011, for rejecting the calls for Nigeria’s restructuring, which he said was the only solution for the discontent in the country.

Read more: https://newsworth.ng/bakare-demands-democratic-revolution-says-time-reclaim-nigeria/
Re: Oby Ezekwesili's Red Card Movement Gains Grounds On Social Media by Maser: 9:24am On Jan 15, 2018
velai:
Red card movement, is she done with Chibok girls?
Shut it already!

It's because of silly people like you that Nigeria is a shit hole. You won't do something and when someone with capacity and intention comes up to do something, you start castigating. Just shut that shit hole of a mouth. Seriousness is required now and every enlightened Nigerian should support this political revolution. Time to surprise these politicians and tell them we can create options.

3 Likes

Re: Oby Ezekwesili's Red Card Movement Gains Grounds On Social Media by Amhappy(f): 9:33am On Jan 15, 2018
They take us for granted because we don't know our worth. We have the power. Votes count. Its time we stop complaining and take action. Get your PVC. And come 16th Feb vote out the wicked. I support the red card movement.

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili's Red Card Movement Gains Grounds On Social Media by Fellywood(m): 9:33am On Jan 15, 2018
That woman is just a witch. She knows that bubu will be KICKED out by 2019 & so like a fowl wants to scatter it...ITS NEITHER YOU NOR ME attitude. Like someone said up there, Nigerians will never be deceived anymore. And to know that that woman is a pastor in RCCG....SHAME
Re: Oby Ezekwesili's Red Card Movement Gains Grounds On Social Media by EarthXmetahuman: 9:35am On Jan 15, 2018
I'm down for any party that doesn't allow cross overs from pdp and apc.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili's Red Card Movement Gains Grounds On Social Media by Sammiejokes(m): 9:38am On Jan 15, 2018
Madam Oby, elections are not won on Twitter for naija. 99% of those re-twitting are either without a PVC or have relocated from their registered polling unit.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili's Red Card Movement Gains Grounds On Social Media by Charly68: 9:46am On Jan 15, 2018
Here we come,red card movement... I love this ,never dignity failure nor celebrate mediocrity ..Go for excellence in all that you do in life ..no room for rhetorics in our polity again..

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili's Red Card Movement Gains Grounds On Social Media by b5ive(m): 9:46am On Jan 15, 2018
Funny enough, she made a point. Although I wouldn't totally support her "red card" movement, but on the other hand the prior motive of the movement is to properly flush out the old set of people ruling us for as long as we can remember. The same corrupt leaders from past administrations are now decamping into the party of the interim govt, you would agree with me that they just want to keep being relevant and too important in our political system. I'll prefer a new polical party comprising of youths with vast and eloquent agendas to help salvage our already crumbling nation. Our mumu don do. God bless Nigeria
Re: Oby Ezekwesili's Red Card Movement Gains Grounds On Social Media by LZAA: 9:48am On Jan 15, 2018
omohayek:
I have to wonder about those of you who insist on dismissing her eminently sensible program by insinuating she's doing this to support one of the two parties she says she wants kicked out of power: are you simply parroting whatever your APC or PDP handlers have ordered you to say, or do you truly believe the nonsense you've written? I have to ask because I can't see how any sane person would want Nigeria to experience more of the same old government by the same old failures and thieves, unless the person stands massively to gain from the status quo.

Oby Ezekweselli is right: it's time the Nigerian masses said "enough is enough", and sent the current career criminals in Abuja and 36 state-houses packing. Let's stop pretending that the only "choice" we have is between the APC and the PDP, both of which are so interchangeable and ideology-free that their members freely jump from one party to the other as it suits them.
wonder ke?
bro na hia dm dy use chop na
dia head is the SA new media
they hate hearing facts but love dishing out lies
smh

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili's Red Card Movement Gains Grounds On Social Media by maasoap(m): 9:50am On Jan 15, 2018
LRNZH:
On Jan 4th at the turn of the year, Oby Ezekwesili, a chartered accountant, co-founder of Transparency International, who served as Federal Minister of Solid Minerals and as Federal Minister of Education during under former president Olusegun Obasanjo, tweeted the following:

The so called Red Card Movement is gaining grounds on social media. Her comment has been retweeted over 3,000 times and liked for over 3,600 times as at when this post was made.

Guess who her major followers will be? Those who called her many unprintable names for leading "Bring Back Our Girls" campaign. Nigerians are funny sets of people.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili's Red Card Movement Gains Grounds On Social Media by Bluffly: 9:51am On Jan 15, 2018
It is pertinent to sound that in the bid of the movement, no existing and well known individuals in PDP or APC, should be admitted to the party as members, else her movement becomes infected.

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili's Red Card Movement Gains Grounds On Social Media by Pesuzok(m): 9:57am On Jan 15, 2018
SMH for some comments, we are all complaining and somebody is bringing out a movement to change things for once in this country and you see people kicking against it.

But sincerely, this movement is missing something. You vote out APC and PDP for which party.

It is better the youth know for a new party and come together under to support that party.

A party that would give us the opportunity to vile for any position we want.

It is still possible, the youth have 13 months to do this,

Let us come together and pick just one political party to support in 2019.

We can do it.

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili's Red Card Movement Gains Grounds On Social Media by TheKingIsHere: 9:57am On Jan 15, 2018
From the comments here it is obvious that so many Nigerians are just foolish.

See how they have attacked her without giving her a chance or waiting to know what the red card movement is all about.

Nigeria needs to be delivered from the clutches of Buhari the dullard and atiku the crook.

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili's Red Card Movement Gains Grounds On Social Media by edibobo: 10:13am On Jan 15, 2018
In as much as I support this struggle, I wish to quickly remind Oby that this mess we are in is one of the products she sold to us Nigerian. Oby, Soyinka, Bakare, etc should beg Nigerian for forgiveness because they told us that certificateless or NEPA Bill will bail Nigeria out but unfortunately that ended us in recession and grave hardship
Re: Oby Ezekwesili's Red Card Movement Gains Grounds On Social Media by tete7000(m): 10:18am On Jan 15, 2018
What alternative plan does she have. The problem with us is that we talk of an end, without discussing the means to that end. She was part of those who sold Buhari, buying into all apc vague and bogus promises, while convincing Nigerians to do the same. The red flags on Buhari were all there for discerning minds to see but clouded by emotion, people like her went headlong into the apc project. Her judgement was shown to be poor from the outcome now. If she has been shown to be someone driven by mere emotion with poor judgement, why should she be taken serious again? How can anyone be sure she is not leading the people on another rollercoaster again?
Re: Oby Ezekwesili's Red Card Movement Gains Grounds On Social Media by ogianyo(m): 10:27am On Jan 15, 2018
I shake my head when I read some co
mments here. I see the suffering of Nigerian youths has not taught them anything. If at this stage you still don't realise that we must get rid of these two parties if we can even attempt to start rebuilding this country, you are either a beneficiary or inherently stupid.
Pls get registered and get your pvc.In the coming months things are going to get clearer and we can make informed choices. But know this , we must do something different next year. Not this bunch again.Enough is enough. Oby is right.

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili's Red Card Movement Gains Grounds On Social Media by Bimpe29: 10:30am On Jan 15, 2018
We really need to do away with APC/PDP, they are not different at all. APC has been tested and disappointed vast majority of us. It's a case of changing the bottle by returning APC come 2019, but the content remains.

Both parties are anti people, self centered and criminals.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oby Ezekwesili's Red Card Movement Gains Grounds On Social Media by Okoroawusa: 10:45am On Jan 15, 2018
Na by red card?
Re: Oby Ezekwesili's Red Card Movement Gains Grounds On Social Media by harmbhrosz(m): 11:29am On Jan 15, 2018
IllegalMoney:

Don't mind the useless transgender zombie called Oby EzekweSILLY, She and her fellow zombies are trying to campaign again for Buhari through the back door

We can't be fooled again
all you keep saying is she's doing a backdoor campaign for APC, read out her agenda don't they make sense to you? Don't you sincerely want other part rather having the same old PDP/APC?

If at this point you don't think APC and PDP has nothing to offer, you are either a toddler or an unreasonable adult

You don't have to be biased at everything, be reasonable sometimes please

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili's Red Card Movement Gains Grounds On Social Media by wengerman: 11:53am On Jan 15, 2018
I support the red card movement though I voted for buari but he has disappointed me though I am not regretting voting him because PDP has to be voted out but like dele momodu wrote we have come full circle,we have tested devil and saint and have seen that they are all the same .who do PDP and APC have to offer,buari,dankwabo,el Rufai,tanbuwal,atiku,Fayose,kwankwaso e.t.c, who among them can we vote for to really move Nigeria forward.they are all professional politicians that have nothing to offer.which business have they ran successfully before. we need to provide technocrats like tony elumelu,Jim ovia,fola adeola,aliko dangote and many more like them, who have ideas and visions to lead Nigeria platform to contest and win election.RED CARD TO BOTH APC AND PDP

1 Like

Re: Oby Ezekwesili's Red Card Movement Gains Grounds On Social Media by Okoroawusa: 12:41pm On Jan 15, 2018
maasoap:

Guess who her major followers will be? Those who called her many unprintable names for leading "Bring Back Our Girls" campaign. Nigerians are funny sets of people.
The same ppl that don't believe in her BBOG n call her "Fulani stooge".
The fact is that for now Nigeria has two main parties:APC n PDP.Anybody that wants to make any political headway must belong to either
Na by red card?
Re: Oby Ezekwesili's Red Card Movement Gains Grounds On Social Media by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jan 15, 2018
LRNZH:

Dream on.
Re: Oby Ezekwesili's Red Card Movement Gains Grounds On Social Media by Basiljoe: 2:43pm On Jan 15, 2018
Re: Oby Ezekwesili's Red Card Movement Gains Grounds On Social Media by laudate: 2:53pm On Jan 15, 2018
b5ive:
Funny enough, she made a point. Although I wouldn't totally support her "red card" movement, but on the other hand the prior motive of the movement is to properly flush out the old set of people ruling us for as long as we can remember. The same corrupt leaders from past administrations are now decamping into the party of the interim govt, you would agree with me that they just want to keep being relevant and too important in our political system. I'll prefer a new polical party comprising of youths with vast and eloquent agendas to help salvage our already crumbling nation. Our mumu don do. God bless Nigeria
As we speak today, there are over 50 other different political parties in Nigeria. It is not enough to refuse voting for PDP or APC.

What are the other credible alternatives that exist??! .

Ezekwesili has not offered us any answers in this regard, and neither are the other unknown political parties cashing in on this movement, to unveil their candidates, their manifestoes and their programs to get Nigeria back on a strong footing!
Re: Oby Ezekwesili's Red Card Movement Gains Grounds On Social Media by remmy0912: 3:16pm On Jan 15, 2018
How many of una get Voters card?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Presidency: Northern Youths Declare War On Cabal / Ex-Governor Mahmuda Shinkafi Joins APC / Water Returns To Kwara State, 48 Hours After Governor Abdulrazaq Visit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.