Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,315 members, 7,822,544 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

How Do I Tell My Gf That I Don’t Like Her Cooking? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Tell My Gf That I Don’t Like Her Cooking? (2089 Views)

A Question For Men: Would You Rather Have A Gf Who Is A Lesbian Or A Gf That..?? / I Like Her But I'm Shy To Woo Her / I Need A Seriously Gf That Loves Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Tell My Gf That I Don’t Like Her Cooking? by greatdylan10(m): 1:06am On Jan 16, 2018
Don’t judge me on this, guys but yes, my girlfriend’s cooking is horrible. Don’t get me wrong though, I love how hard she tries and I appreciate her efforts, but dang, I can’t seem to hide it any longer. I need to get this off my chest because I’m going to be visiting her for the 3rd time in her hometown in Colombia and I don’t want to go through another homemade dinner with her.
I want our relationship to have complete honesty and a sense of comfortability which is why I think I’ll start it off with this. I met her through a romance tour a few months back and boy, was I in for a treat in the kitchen. The first time she brought me home and cooked for me, I almost choked (literally.) The second time, I had hoped her cooking skills would improve but was I dead wrong.
Now, I want to break the news to her but I don’t know how to start the conversation. Should I play it safe and tell her through chat or in person? If I do it online, she might not respond me for who knows how long but if I do it in person, she might get mad at me and kick me out.
I know how important cooking skills are for women and I don’t want to hurt her feelings but I gotta do this. Help me out here, guys. I need to break the ice!
Re: How Do I Tell My Gf That I Don’t Like Her Cooking? by Elparaiso(m): 1:11am On Jan 16, 2018
Invite her friends to dinner. Then tell her to cook.

She will sign up for cooking classes the next day.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Gf That I Don’t Like Her Cooking? by makydebbie(f): 1:12am On Jan 16, 2018
No need to tell her!

Can you cook? When she's in the kitchen, join and save your stomach from hardship.
Re: How Do I Tell My Gf That I Don’t Like Her Cooking? by donstan18: 1:13am On Jan 16, 2018
You dare not tell a woman straight that she can't cook, it's kinda rude, imagine a woman telling you "you can't fvck", how do you see that?, dame embarrassing, I guess.

What am I tryna imply?, i'm in a way trying to let you know that there are ways it should be done,and mind you, you don't conclude a woman being a bad cook, because how you see her food might be way different from how others sees it, it depends on how the different family run delicacies. If you really don't enjoy her food, start getting close to her in the kitchen to help her out, if you can cook, but if you can't, start getting use to her food for the moment, indirectly add cooking topics while discussing or gisting with her, pretend by getting some food manuals for yourself, watch food programs and channels with her, you can aswell tell your sisters, you know, for them to get close to her and indirectly help her out.
Re: How Do I Tell My Gf That I Don’t Like Her Cooking? by makydebbie(f): 1:16am On Jan 16, 2018
Elparaiso:
Invite her friends to dinner. Then tell her to cook.

She will sign up for cooking classes the next day.
And if they're used to her bad food already?

When people dey talk about cooking abilities sef, I no suppose chook mouth. lipsrsealed
Re: How Do I Tell My Gf That I Don’t Like Her Cooking? by xreal: 1:17am On Jan 16, 2018
Colombia?

My advice wouldn't work in Colombia.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Gf That I Don’t Like Her Cooking? by Richnero(m): 1:27am On Jan 16, 2018
xreal:
Colombia?

My advice wouldn't work in Colombia.
grin

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Gf That I Don’t Like Her Cooking? by richythePH(f): 1:28am On Jan 16, 2018
i believe telling her literally would cause a stir in your relationship so i suggest you tell her indirectly

eg take a couple of cooking books and manuals with you on your next visit and make sure you dont conceal them so she can see them and then...........(you can take it from there) lipsrsealed
Re: How Do I Tell My Gf That I Don’t Like Her Cooking? by LessNoise: 2:02am On Jan 16, 2018
TELL HER JUST THE WAY YOU'RE TELLING US

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell My Gf That I Don’t Like Her Cooking? by Mariangeles(f): 2:14am On Jan 16, 2018
greatdylan10:
Don’t judge me on this, guys but yes, my girlfriend’s cooking is horrible. Don’t get me wrong though, I love how hard she tries and I appreciate her efforts, but dang, I can’t seem to hide it any longer. I need to get this off my chest because I’m going to be visiting her for the 3rd time in her hometown in Colombia and I don’t want to go through another homemade dinner with her.
I want our relationship to have complete honesty and a sense of comfortability which is why I think I’ll start it off with this. I met her through a romance tour a few months back and boy, was I in for a treat in the kitchen. The first time she brought me home and cooked for me, I almost choked (literally.) The second time, I had hoped her cooking skills would improve but was I dead wrong.
Now, I want to break the news to her but I don’t know how to start the conversation. Should I play it safe and tell her through chat or in person? If I do it online, she might not respond me for who knows how long but if I do it in person, she might get mad at me and kick me out.
I know how important cooking skills are for women and I don’t want to hurt her feelings but I gotta do this. Help me out here, guys. I need to break the ice!
Just tell her she needs cooking lessons... chances are, she knows damn well that she can't cook...heck, even terrible cooks know what tasty foods taste like...so, she knows.
She might be embarrassed though, but common, how much more can you take?
Re: How Do I Tell My Gf That I Don’t Like Her Cooking? by Mariangeles(f): 2:22am On Jan 16, 2018
richythePH:
i believe telling her literally would cause a stir in your relationship so i suggest you tell her indirectly

eg take a couple of cooking books and manuals with you on your next visit and make sure you dont conceal them so she can see them and then...........(you can take it from there) lipsrsealed
Not all girls are dramatic... He should just tell her in a polite manner if he's really into her, then she could start learning with the simple meals first...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Tell My Gf That I Don’t Like Her Cooking? by Elparaiso(m): 2:29am On Jan 16, 2018
makydebbie:
And if they're used to her bad food already?

When people dey talk about cooking abilities sef, I no suppose chook mouth. lipsrsealed

Nah, I believe women have the most refined taste buds available to humans. At least one of her friends would tell her that's she's prepared nonsense.

You no sabi cook? shocked shocked
Re: How Do I Tell My Gf That I Don’t Like Her Cooking? by makydebbie(f): 6:14am On Jan 16, 2018
Elparaiso:

Nah, I believe women have the most refined taste buds available to humans. At least one of her friends would tell her that's she's prepared nonsense.

You no sabi cook? shocked shocked
Lol true.

I no sabi like that jare.
Re: How Do I Tell My Gf That I Don’t Like Her Cooking? by SirMichael1: 6:21am On Jan 16, 2018
donstan18:
You dare not tell a woman straight that she can't cook, it's kinda rude, imagine a woman telling you "you can't fvck", how do you see that?, dame embarrassing, I guess.

What am I tryna imply?, i'm in a way trying to let you know that there are ways it should be done,and mind you, you don't conclude a woman being a bad cook, because how you see her food might be way different from how others sees it, it depends on how the different family run delicacies. If you really don't enjoy her food, start getting close to her in the kitchen to help her out, if you can cook, but if you can't, start getting use to her food for the moment, indirectly add cooking topics while discussing or gisting with her, pretend by getting some food manuals for yourself, watch food programs and channels with her, you can aswell tell your sisters, you know, for them to get close to her and indirectly help her out.

The topic was pretty concise but you chose to go lengthy with your comment.

You could help him out with direct answers not maneuvering through series of channels
Re: How Do I Tell My Gf That I Don’t Like Her Cooking? by Lifeofpolice1(m): 6:33am On Jan 16, 2018
makydebbie:
No need to tell her!

Can you cook? When she's in the kitchen, join and save your stomach from hardship.
if she can't cook
Let him direct her to amani63 simple as that
Re: How Do I Tell My Gf That I Don’t Like Her Cooking? by Papanwamaikpe: 6:39am On Jan 16, 2018
Very simple, by dumping her sorry ass
Re: How Do I Tell My Gf That I Don’t Like Her Cooking? by donstan18: 6:57am On Jan 16, 2018
SirMichael1:

[b]The topic was pretty concise but you chose to go lengthy with your comment.

[s] You could help him out with direct answers not maneuvering through series of channels [/s]

donstan18:

Re: How Do I Tell My Gf That I Don’t Like Her Cooking? by makydebbie(f): 7:06am On Jan 16, 2018
Lifeofpolice1:
if she can't cook
Let him direct her to amani63 simple as that
Na true sef. grin
Re: How Do I Tell My Gf That I Don’t Like Her Cooking? by SirMichael1: 7:13am On Jan 16, 2018
donstan18:

Direct answers son, not maneuvering through channels.

English isn't that hard, why make it hard?
Re: How Do I Tell My Gf That I Don’t Like Her Cooking? by donstan18: 7:17am On Jan 16, 2018
SirMichael1:

Direct answers son , not maneuvering through channels.
English isn't that hard, why make it hard?
Okay, Grandpa!

Re: How Do I Tell My Gf That I Don’t Like Her Cooking? by Lifeofpolice1(m): 8:24am On Jan 16, 2018
makydebbie:
Na true sef. grin
lol
I think by now amani63 will feel like super human
Lolz
Re: How Do I Tell My Gf That I Don’t Like Her Cooking? by Nobody: 8:36am On Jan 16, 2018
Lifeofpolice1:
lol
I think by now amani63 will feel like super human
Lolz
lifeofpolice1 mind how you quote which super human
For cooking,you must be dreaming

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Gf That I Don’t Like Her Cooking? by Elparaiso(m): 11:01am On Jan 16, 2018
makydebbie:
Lol true.

Try learn o, make your husband no use you do shakara.
Just invite your friends over for dinner. That's a good place to start.
Re: How Do I Tell My Gf That I Don’t Like Her Cooking? by makydebbie(f): 5:51pm On Jan 16, 2018
Elparaiso:

Try learn o, make your husband no use you do shakara.
Just invite your friends over for dinner. That's a good place to start.
No thanks. grin

Husband koh, that one will know how will I even hide it? I'll tell him I can't cook jare.
Re: How Do I Tell My Gf That I Don’t Like Her Cooking? by Elparaiso(m): 6:02pm On Jan 16, 2018
makydebbie:
No thanks. grin

Husband koh, that one will know how will I even hide it? I'll tell him I can't cook jare.

My point exactly, he's gonna flaunt his cooking skills. Besides , why don't you want to learn?
Re: How Do I Tell My Gf That I Don’t Like Her Cooking? by makydebbie(f): 6:12pm On Jan 16, 2018
Elparaiso:

My point exactly, he's gonna flaunt his cooking skills. Besides , why don't you want to learn?
I'll learn when I'm ready. And I'm not that bad tbh, I'm not just half as good as mum.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell My Gf That I Don’t Like Her Cooking? by donstan18: 6:27pm On Jan 16, 2018
makydebbie:
Lol true.

Re: How Do I Tell My Gf That I Don’t Like Her Cooking? by makydebbie(f): 6:47pm On Jan 16, 2018
donstan18:

Lmao. grin

Leave me alone abeg, I said I'll learn. grin
Re: How Do I Tell My Gf That I Don’t Like Her Cooking? by donstan18: 6:59pm On Jan 16, 2018
makydebbie:
Lmao. grin
Leave me alone abeg, I said I'll learn. grin
Let me just believe you cheesy cheesy

Re: How Do I Tell My Gf That I Don’t Like Her Cooking? by makydebbie(f): 7:04pm On Jan 16, 2018
donstan18:

Let me just believe you cheesy cheesy
You know I'm 90% wife material na. kiss
Re: How Do I Tell My Gf That I Don’t Like Her Cooking? by datfreshdoc(m): 7:10pm On Jan 16, 2018
Papanwamaikpe:
Very simple, by dumping her sorry ass
Preachhh!!!
Re: How Do I Tell My Gf That I Don’t Like Her Cooking? by donstan18: 7:16pm On Jan 16, 2018
makydebbie:
You know I'm 90% wife material na. kiss

I trust u grin

when ur wedding de hold nh grin

Mk I kum chop banku

(1) (2) (Reply)

When Should Parents Be Involved In Their Children's Relationship? / How Do I Track Down One Chance Thief With His Phone Number? / Which Business Can I Start In Uyo, Akwa Ibom State With N3m.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.