Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,752 members, 7,820,590 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

"Self Defence Is Your Right" - Pastor Paul Enenche (Video) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Self Defence Is Your Right" - Pastor Paul Enenche (Video) (20898 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo: "Self Defence Is Entrenched In The Constitution" / I Want To Leave My Father's Deeper Life Church. Is It Right? - Pastor's Daughter / God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Self Defence Is Your Right" - Pastor Paul Enenche (Video) by porka: 11:51pm On Jan 16, 2018
thesicilian:

There's no point for this rigmarole. Jesus expressly spoke against vengeance and self defense in Matthew 5:38 - 40 [
For Christians, the word of the Lord supercedes every other law.

Luke 11:21-22

21 “When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own mansion, his property is safe.”

22 But when someone stronger attacks and overpowers him, he takes away the armor in which the man trusted and divides up his plunder.

Luke 22: 35-38

35 Then Jesus asked them, “When I sent you without purse, bag or sandals, did you lack anything?”

“Nothing,” they answered.

36 He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.

37 It is written: ‘And he was numbered with the transgressors’; and I tell you that this must be fulfilled in me. Yes, what is written about me is reaching its fulfillment.”

38 The disciples said, “See, Lord, here are two swords.”

“That’s enough!” he replied.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Self Defence Is Your Right" - Pastor Paul Enenche (Video) by thesicilian: 11:51pm On Jan 16, 2018
Dfire:
So when he whipped those men in the synagogue it's called what?
Pursuing marketers out of your father's house is not the same as self defense.
Re: "Self Defence Is Your Right" - Pastor Paul Enenche (Video) by thesicilian: 11:52pm On Jan 16, 2018
kokosin:
wait first...wetin u mean?....so make we stand make dem kill us abi?....even d Israelites hold arrow for hand dey build Jerusalem fence in case yawa wan gass....
Lol. You are funny. The life of a Christian is hid in Christ.
Re: "Self Defence Is Your Right" - Pastor Paul Enenche (Video) by thesicilian: 11:53pm On Jan 16, 2018
imstrong1:
but there is no any other cheek to turn to.. remember the same christ destroyed the temple when it was use wrongly.. If all Christians are killed God forbid, who will serve God?
God protects His own. Most people die due to ignorance. Be that as it may, the righteous among them will find themselves in eternal bliss.
Re: "Self Defence Is Your Right" - Pastor Paul Enenche (Video) by porka: 11:54pm On Jan 16, 2018
thesicilian:

I'm not interested in the Constitution or penal code.
Show me where self defense is preached in the Bible by Jesus Christ

21 “When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own mansion, his property is safe.”

22 "But when someone stronger attacks and overpowers him, he takes away the armor in which the man trusted and divides up his plunder."

35 Then Jesus asked them, “When I sent you without purse, bag or sandals, did you lack anything?”

36 He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.

37 It is written: ‘And he was numbered with the transgressors’; and I tell you that this must be fulfilled in me. Yes, what is written about me is reaching its fulfillment.”

2 Likes

Re: "Self Defence Is Your Right" - Pastor Paul Enenche (Video) by thesicilian: 11:54pm On Jan 16, 2018
McINoWell:

where did your brain go to??
abi you wrote that becus it was the shortest statement for you to write in other to be the first to comment.
My brain is where it is supposed to be. Only children engage in the FTC nonsense.
Re: "Self Defence Is Your Right" - Pastor Paul Enenche (Video) by thesicilian: 11:55pm On Jan 16, 2018
teamsynergy:

clap for your self.. when next you see armed Fulani or boko boys running toward you, please stay calm.....
I'm always calm.
Re: "Self Defence Is Your Right" - Pastor Paul Enenche (Video) by thesicilian: 11:56pm On Jan 16, 2018
Pascal181:

I pray u be d next to be visited by buhari herdsmen then u will get some sense
I'd rather use my time to pray for more productive things.
Re: "Self Defence Is Your Right" - Pastor Paul Enenche (Video) by thesicilian: 11:59pm On Jan 16, 2018
porka:

22 "But when someone stronger attacks and overpowers him, he takes away the armor in which the man trusted and divides up his plunder."

What did they do with the swords? You forgot to mention that He specifically prevented them from using it for self defense (Matthew 26: 51-52)

1 Like

Re: "Self Defence Is Your Right" - Pastor Paul Enenche (Video) by LGDON: 12:00am On Jan 17, 2018
I stop watching the video when i heard his assertions about Ghadafi

This pastor is so ignorant
Re: "Self Defence Is Your Right" - Pastor Paul Enenche (Video) by thesicilian: 12:00am On Jan 17, 2018
daveP:
the two swords that He told the disciples to carry in case the arrest contingent drew blood in the garden of Gethsemane? How about that?
They were not used for fighting.

1 Like

Re: "Self Defence Is Your Right" - Pastor Paul Enenche (Video) by thesicilian: 12:01am On Jan 17, 2018
mrsaintman:
.....i pray that this fulanie helds men visit you....olodo
Jesus does not answer prayers not in accordance with His will.
Re: "Self Defence Is Your Right" - Pastor Paul Enenche (Video) by ArinzeAnthony03: 12:04am On Jan 17, 2018
Benue guys...make una defend una self oooo...leave all these nairaland talkative...whether e day bible or not, defend your self first...God go forgive you later...

1 Like

Re: "Self Defence Is Your Right" - Pastor Paul Enenche (Video) by thesicilian: 12:06am On Jan 17, 2018
smileyoo:
must jesus tell a grown-up man like you, the first law of life which is self-preservation. some knowledge ought not to be taught for you to know it, because its natural for you to acquire it, once you attain the age of reasoning. the bible says the goods of a strongman is safe until a stronger man over powered him, then the goods can be plundered. is that not an act of warfare? or do you prefer your goods to be plundered, or your life wasted if you can stop it? indeed some christains 're really confused? for me i 'll prefer to fight to defend my life and my belief.
The first and greatest law is Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind Matthew 22: 37
I'll prefer to have the Lord fight for me.
Re: "Self Defence Is Your Right" - Pastor Paul Enenche (Video) by LZAA: 12:09am On Jan 17, 2018
thesicilian:

so jesus must preach it before u defend ursef against ppl who wan harm u
smhundecided

1 Like

Re: "Self Defence Is Your Right" - Pastor Paul Enenche (Video) by KratosCorp: 12:10am On Jan 17, 2018
Luke 22:36

BBE And he said to them, But now, he who has a money-bag, or a bag for food, let him take it: and he who has not, let him give his coat for money and get a sword.

EasyEnglish ‘Now it is different’, he said. ‘If you have a purse or bag, take it with you. If you do not have a long sharp knife, sell your coat. Use the money to buy a knife.

ISV Then he told them, “But now whoever has a wallet must take it along, and his traveling bag, too. And the one who has no sword must sell his coat and buy one.

KJVLite Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

NET He said to them, “But now, the one who has a money bag must take it, and likewise a traveler’s bag too. And the one who has no sword must sell his cloak and buy one.

NHEB Then he said to them, “But now, whoever has a money bag must i take it, and likewise a pack. Whoever has none, must sell his cloak, and buy a sword.

WEB Then he said to them, “But now, whoever has a purse, let him take it, and likewise a wallet. Whoever has none, let him sell his cloak, and buy a sword

thesicilian:

And shortly after when one of the disciples used that sword for the so called self defense what did Jesus say?

He cautioned the disciple to put the sword back in it's shealth, for all who live by the sword must die by the sword (Matthew 26:51-52).

It is always better to read in context and not just pick up verses in isolation.

You are the one reading the bible out of context.

For starters, I think Jesus teaches to turn the cheek when you are being confronted by an adversary that is obviously stronger than you. Yielding to such an adversary would minimize his aggression on you. That's common sense. And it agrees to his principle of making plans and prior consultations to determine if it would be more shrewd to wage war against your adversary or sue for peace and treaty. See Luk 14:31. Nowhere did Jesus teach that you should sit idly and watch cold blooded murderers wipe you and your kinds out.

Go and read the book of revelations and pay attention to the ministry of the Two Prophets of the end time. That's the saints in prophecy.

By the way, you should be aware that the Jesus of the Gospels to the Jews (That's Mathew, Mark and to some extent Luke) was the meek Sacrificial Lamb, whilst the Jesus of the Gospel to the Church (the epistles) is a devouring Lion and a bold reigning King.

One person, but two unique personas for two unique dispensations. Go figure.

Finally, I think the reason Jesus restrained Peter was because:

1. The dude Peter struck was not a soldier but a mere domestic servant who was not even armed.

2. The actual armed men who came to arrest Jesus did not use force even though they were armed. In fact John said that they all failed down flat the moment Jesus introduced himself.

3. Jesus willingly submitted himself to be slaughtered according to the will of the Father. Remember, Jesus had previously rebuked Peter (and called him Satan) for suggesting that he (Peter) could prevent Jesus from getting killed.

4. The only reason Jesus COMMANDED them to sell their coats and buy swords was to make it clear to you and I that self-defence is sacrosanct. "I am sending you like a sheep in the midst of wolves." So it's your job to "be gentle like a dove, but shrewd like a snake".

Nof said.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Self Defence Is Your Right" - Pastor Paul Enenche (Video) by laudate: 12:12am On Jan 17, 2018
PROPHETmichael:

Why did he tell them to sell their stuffs and buy sword?

Luke 22:36
Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

Is that not self defense?
Thank you!
Re: "Self Defence Is Your Right" - Pastor Paul Enenche (Video) by daramolaj1: 12:12am On Jan 17, 2018
thesicilian:

Ode oshi. when they come allow them kill you now, when peter pulled sword and jesus stopped him not to worry or when peter cut off the right ear, what do you call that? abi was peter using the sword to eat roated yam ni? iif you dont have knowledge learn it or you shutup and read well ....

2 Likes

Re: "Self Defence Is Your Right" - Pastor Paul Enenche (Video) by LZAA: 12:13am On Jan 17, 2018
laudate:
Thank you!
sai baaaabaaaaagrin grin
Re: "Self Defence Is Your Right" - Pastor Paul Enenche (Video) by laudate: 12:13am On Jan 17, 2018
thesicilian:

I live in Lagos. What will I be looking for in benue?
That is why you are talking this wubbish! angry

1 Like

Re: "Self Defence Is Your Right" - Pastor Paul Enenche (Video) by proprince(m): 12:14am On Jan 17, 2018
Well said pastor Enenche
Re: "Self Defence Is Your Right" - Pastor Paul Enenche (Video) by laudate: 12:15am On Jan 17, 2018
porka:

22 But when someone stronger attacks and overpowers him, he takes away the armor in which the man trusted and divides up his plunder.

May God increase the wisdom He has deposited in your life! sad

1 Like

Re: "Self Defence Is Your Right" - Pastor Paul Enenche (Video) by porka: 12:17am On Jan 17, 2018
thesicilian:

What did they do with the swords? You forgot to mention that He specifically prevented them from using it for self defense (Matthew 26: 51-52)

He didn't prevent them.

One of them actually used his.

You don't prevent what already happened.

He allowed himself to be arrested to fulfill the prophecy.

Otherwise, he would have invited the angels to do the rest.

Matthew 26: 51-56

51 And, behold, one of them which were with Jesus stretched out his hand, and drew his sword, and struck a servant of the high priest's, and smote off his ear.

52 Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword.

53 Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels?

54 But how then shall the scriptures be fulfilled, that thus it must be?

55 In that same hour said Jesus to the multitudes, Are ye come out as against a thief with swords and staves for to take me? I sat daily with you teaching in the temple, and ye laid no hold on me.

56 But all this was done, that the scriptures of the prophets might be fulfilled. Then all the disciples forsook him, and fled

2 Likes

Re: "Self Defence Is Your Right" - Pastor Paul Enenche (Video) by smileyoo: 12:21am On Jan 17, 2018
thesicilian:

The first and greatest law is Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind Matthew 22: 37
I'll prefer to have the Lord fight for me.
don't you think that God can fight for you, through your efforts, as he has been doing to the nation of isreal. even christ came from one of tribes of isreal, but that didn't stop them from fighting for survival.
Re: "Self Defence Is Your Right" - Pastor Paul Enenche (Video) by daveP(m): 12:26am On Jan 17, 2018
thesicilian:

They were not used for fighting.
Mr, read your bible again and then get back to me. That act alone verifies the fact that Christ wants believers to prepare in self defence despite the fact that angels could be summoned in seconds. Two Swords were enough for self defense, and you know that Peter used one to sliced off that overzealous servant's ear.

During a naming ceremony, prayers are made like "This child would make you enjoy your old age so well...." , only to see that very child lying in a casket after being killed in a massacre by some bloodthirsty herdsmen. Pls reason

We all know it about love and all, but self defense is biblical.

"isn't it hard for one to kick against the stones?" Meaning? Those kicking must know that they are kicking stones and not bread or puff puff. paraphrasing the Saul to Damascus Encounter.

1 Like

Re: "Self Defence Is Your Right" - Pastor Paul Enenche (Video) by porka: 12:27am On Jan 17, 2018
laudate:

May God increase the wisdom He has deposited in your life! sad

Amen sir.

May GOD protect Nigerians from Fulani terrorists.

Amen.

2 Likes

Re: "Self Defence Is Your Right" - Pastor Paul Enenche (Video) by oglalasioux(m): 12:37am On Jan 17, 2018
Whatever happened to the other cheek.

Religious people and double speak.

1 Like

Re: "Self Defence Is Your Right" - Pastor Paul Enenche (Video) by daveP(m): 12:41am On Jan 17, 2018
They equally know the bible verse that allegedly says Christians should not retaliate. And its used well against us. The devil knows well that many sitting in comfy zones would never accept defense. You Are in Lagos and yarning dust and baking powder?? He who wears the shoes knows how and where it hurts.

Imagine you can't sleep in the night cos these guys can just swamp up a Lil community in mins. Every loud suspicious bang inspires adrenal rage and fear. The right accorded you as a citizen is never active. Will you wait dumbly expecting it to turn out well?? You stone a cow to leave your farm, gunshots you get in return. wayshaishashai!!!! Keep talking from Comfort zone Mr Sicilian. You never expeeeerience an iota of what insecurity and insurgence is.

2 Likes

Re: "Self Defence Is Your Right" - Pastor Paul Enenche (Video) by Nobody: 12:46am On Jan 17, 2018
thesicilian:
Jesus did not preach self defense.

You are right Jesus died to bring salvation to the world
But do u want your wife to be raped and the throat of your wife to be slit to bring 'happiness' to peaceful children of islam?
Enough gentle behaviour
My namesake isright self defence all d way
Enough is enough angry

1 Like

Re: "Self Defence Is Your Right" - Pastor Paul Enenche (Video) by Nobody: 1:44am On Jan 17, 2018
obailala:
Only a fool will stand, fold his arms, and have himself and his family being slaughtered by animals.

Jesus Christ never asked Christians to be fools...

I taya oo

1 Like

Re: "Self Defence Is Your Right" - Pastor Paul Enenche (Video) by Nobody: 1:48am On Jan 17, 2018
thesicilian:

Pursuing marketers out of your father's house is not the same as self defense.

Don't worry. Just be smiling while one idiot is slicing your throat and also raping your wife.

2 Likes

Re: "Self Defence Is Your Right" - Pastor Paul Enenche (Video) by freeze001(f): 1:50am On Jan 17, 2018
tartar9:
Yes it's everyone's right,but when xtians talk of self defense they mean a different thing.It isn't the usual fending off an attack but rather,out of sheer cowardice,cowing in the face of an attack.Where their "self defense" comes in is where those who could escape the attack or the injured or the deceased kindred launching an attack based on a "guilt by association",were hinged on ethnicity or religion,or whatever link however remote to their attacker,innocent people,most preferably defenceless children,the aged and women are gruesomely massacred by them,with cheers from their fellow xtians here on nairaland.
Meanwhile,their real attackers are currently safe somewhere else preparing for a second foray.And then the cycle repeats itself.

This sort of "guilt by association" is something ubiquitous and has been impacted to them from their bible to the point of genocides.In fact their entire religion is founded upon this most evil concept where the entirety of humanity is equally responsible for the sin of one man.You also keep hearing of things like generational curses and their daddy g.o's pronouncing curses on yet unborn children.Notice again how they celebrated buhari's son misfortune.

In summary,xtians have a very grotesque concept of what justice is.When they talk of self-defense,the above is what they just mean.

Why should there be an attack in the first place that they can 'remotely' refer to and launch their brand of self defence according to you? Why are ur islamic brethren versed in vicious attacks and bloodshed? Why give Christians a reason to exercise their supposed grotesque concept of justice?

Since rotten marauders keep getting away with evil and even security agencies are seemingly handicapped, it is time to address that injustice by every available means.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Northern Christians To Pastor Bakare: Timothy II 2:24 / Don Moen: Enugu Is Nice, Calm And Peaceful / Suleman's Invitation By DSS: Some Nigerians Storm Unity Foundation In Solidarity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.