Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,741 members, 7,827,737 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

Stick Only To Your Religious Calling, Presidency Tells CAN Scribe, Musa Asake - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stick Only To Your Religious Calling, Presidency Tells CAN Scribe, Musa Asake (18140 Views)

Disregard Northern Group’s Threat On Ruga, Presidency Tells Nigerians / Be Happy You’re Not Yet In Jail – Presidency Tells Atiku / 800m Trek: Buhari Physically Fit For Second Term – Presidency Tells Tambuwal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stick Only To Your Religious Calling, Presidency Tells CAN Scribe, Musa Asake by Topestbilly(m): 8:55am On Jan 17, 2018
Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Stick Only To Your Religious Calling, Presidency Tells CAN Scribe, Musa Asake by Dee60: 8:56am On Jan 17, 2018
The Presidency of Nigeria is getting more and more irrelevant by the day!

The CAN scribe is a Nigerian and guaranteed by the Constitution to vote and be voted for. It is part of his calling as a human being to express his opinion.

There is no religious calling that forbids men from speaking truth to power.

John the Baptist spoke against a corrupt regime.

Moses the Prophet spoke the truth to Pharaoh.

The CAN scribe must speak against unjust and brutal killing of Christians.

The Benue massacre is the turning point. Nigerians can no longer wait till the whole land is ravaged and sentenced by a group that is as brutal as BH.

Does 'Presidency' still have a conscience?

The people have issued many yellow cards to no avail, now it is red card.

If you cannot protect lives and properties in an unbiased fashion, why dont you vacate? There is so much fear in the land. Even in Edo, when people see a few cattle and some small boys tending them they start to run. They feel no one is protecting them.

This statement from the presidency is uncalled for, it is illiterate.

3 Likes

Re: Stick Only To Your Religious Calling, Presidency Tells CAN Scribe, Musa Asake by pejuakinab: 8:56am On Jan 17, 2018
Buhari deserves this RED

2 Likes

Re: Stick Only To Your Religious Calling, Presidency Tells CAN Scribe, Musa Asake by Badonasty(m): 8:57am On Jan 17, 2018

4 Likes

Re: Stick Only To Your Religious Calling, Presidency Tells CAN Scribe, Musa Asake by vislabraye(m): 9:00am On Jan 17, 2018
sarrki:
I think I totally agreed with presidency on this

Most of our so called religious leaders have turned the pulpit to a campaign and ethnic ground

They are more with the corrupt politician than the masses

The same president went to Redeem Church before election. Why the double standard?

2 Likes

Re: Stick Only To Your Religious Calling, Presidency Tells CAN Scribe, Musa Asake by Agentwatts(m): 9:01am On Jan 17, 2018
sarrki:

Most of our so called religious leaders have turned the pulpit to a campaign and ethnic ground

so that you people can continue the killing of xtains.
have never heard of all case in which heardmen attack any Muslim dominated state. God will judge you.

2 Likes

Re: Stick Only To Your Religious Calling, Presidency Tells CAN Scribe, Musa Asake by Nobody: 9:01am On Jan 17, 2018

2 Likes

Re: Stick Only To Your Religious Calling, Presidency Tells CAN Scribe, Musa Asake by JustMercy: 9:02am On Jan 17, 2018
sarrki:

Sorry. Your agreement means nothing.

CAN is actually the political arm of the church. The body is responsible to defend the right of Christian. She is the only body that represents Christian on matter rated to government.

So the president spoke's man did not understand the position of can in d country and it is a serious omition for such person in presidency.

CAN is not a church.

6 Likes

Re: Stick Only To Your Religious Calling, Presidency Tells CAN Scribe, Musa Asake by sunnyeinstein(m): 9:03am On Jan 17, 2018
sarrki:

But when APC and it's candidates were getting endorsed in these same churches you lot did not see them as promoting corrupt politicians abi? It is well

3 Likes

Re: Stick Only To Your Religious Calling, Presidency Tells CAN Scribe, Musa Asake by Nobody: 9:04am On Jan 17, 2018
sarrki:

you must be a fooolish human being to not know that it is actually part of the work of the clergy to speakup against the government when they are erring. if we are to preach the gospel to all men, does that exempt the government especially in cases where they are not on the right path? Paul, John, Timothy, Daniel, all men of God in the bible spoke up against the government when they did wrong. infact its part of the calling. dumbo

5 Likes

Re: Stick Only To Your Religious Calling, Presidency Tells CAN Scribe, Musa Asake by arrestdarrester: 9:05am On Jan 17, 2018
sarrki:

You seem yo have forgotten so soon that the Muslim religious leaders are also their ethnic leaders. On the other hand, the Christian religious leaders are different from their ethnic leaders.

The Fulani Herdsmen issue is both a religious and an ethnic issue. So, if your Muslim leaders have a right to talk on this matter, so do the Christian and ethnic leaders affected.

People are no longer stupid like you want them to be.

5 Likes

Re: Stick Only To Your Religious Calling, Presidency Tells CAN Scribe, Musa Asake by dynicks(m): 9:05am On Jan 17, 2018
Germandude:
The church has always being a mediator,so?.shithole co3
when next u refer to this country as a shit hole again, ama whip ur ass.....most of our leaders r the ones who r bunches of shit holes nd not our beloveth country....take time!!

1 Like

Re: Stick Only To Your Religious Calling, Presidency Tells CAN Scribe, Musa Asake by TourismMan(m): 9:08am On Jan 17, 2018
ouzo1:

Call this country shithole one more time again

The country is nothing than a Shithole. I would call it million times as long as I have the energy to do so.

1 Like

Re: Stick Only To Your Religious Calling, Presidency Tells CAN Scribe, Musa Asake by fuckingAyaya(m): 9:08am On Jan 17, 2018
Why didn't you tell that to REV Mbaka during2015 election

3 Likes

Re: Stick Only To Your Religious Calling, Presidency Tells CAN Scribe, Musa Asake by Regiikem: 9:10am On Jan 17, 2018
sarrki:

shut up idiot

5 Likes

Re: Stick Only To Your Religious Calling, Presidency Tells CAN Scribe, Musa Asake by ouzo1(m): 9:16am On Jan 17, 2018
TourismMan:

The country is nothing than a Shithole. I would call it million times as long as I have the energy to do so.

Baba na joke I dey o... Haba

1 Like

Re: Stick Only To Your Religious Calling, Presidency Tells CAN Scribe, Musa Asake by Timiblanko(m): 9:17am On Jan 17, 2018
We have right so don't tell us what to do. awon Omo ale jatijati. buhari government is a scam. Christian should do what pleases them and not vote una again

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stick Only To Your Religious Calling, Presidency Tells CAN Scribe, Musa Asake by Festy4u(m): 9:48am On Jan 17, 2018
sarrki:

I guess the same way your Benefactor-in-Chief should have stuck to his cattle business and turn sambisa forest into a colony rather than asking Governors to create colonies for the cattle of his kinsmen! undecided

4 Likes

Re: Stick Only To Your Religious Calling, Presidency Tells CAN Scribe, Musa Asake by godquality: 9:50am On Jan 17, 2018
Why is it that the govt never issues statements when the "so called" religious leader praises them? Only when criticised will they come out... Nonsense bunch..

3 Likes

Re: Stick Only To Your Religious Calling, Presidency Tells CAN Scribe, Musa Asake by Jaykolo10(m): 9:58am On Jan 17, 2018
Seriously this is getting too much and I think violent retaliation is d best answer here... becos even in the Bible we read that the church of God suffered violence and the violent took it by force... in this regime of innocent blood flowing.. God please and please make the blood of the wicked flow and make us the innocent be strong and vampire hearted so we'll be able to suck the blood of this demons in human form!...

God please I ask of this publicly to empower me and those ready to make the blood of the wicked flow Amen

4 Likes

Re: Stick Only To Your Religious Calling, Presidency Tells CAN Scribe, Musa Asake by Amarisa(f): 10:01am On Jan 17, 2018
The presidency doesn't have the right to issue such a statement, why are they so scared of the truth?? You want him to face his calling and watch you people massacre Nigerians right? You are not the owners of Nigeria...God will judge you all...Amen..

5 Likes

Re: Stick Only To Your Religious Calling, Presidency Tells CAN Scribe, Musa Asake by COCKCROW: 10:38am On Jan 17, 2018
sarrki:

MR MAN OR WOMAN, YOU LACK KNOWLEDGE. CAN PRESIDENT OR SULTAN OF SOKOTO IS RELIGIOUS OR POLITICAL? CAN LEADERS, IN THAT CAPACITY, ARE CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS LEADERS REPRESENTING CHRISTIANS' GENERAL INTERESTS WHICH COVER POLITICAL, ECONOMIC, SOCIAL AND RELIGIOUS. HOWEVER UNDER THEIR VARIOUS DENOMINATIONS THAT IS WHERE THEIR RELIGIOUS RESPONSIBILITIES STARTS. AS LONG AS THEY ARE EXPECTED TO VOTE AND BE VOTED FOR(THAT IS POLITICAL), THEY HAVE THE RIGHT TO GIVE HIS PERSONAL AND CAN VIEW ON EVERY ISSUES IN THE NATION THAT RUNS AGAINST THE CONSTITUTION. THEREFORE CAN SECRETARY HAS THE PERSONAL, CONSTITUTIONAL AND CAN LEADERSHIP RESPONSIBILITIES TO AIR HIS VIEW ON WHAT IS HAPPENING IN NIGERIA

3 Likes

Re: Stick Only To Your Religious Calling, Presidency Tells CAN Scribe, Musa Asake by kernel505: 10:50am On Jan 17, 2018
sarrki:

You see why your fther is a big fuul?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stick Only To Your Religious Calling, Presidency Tells CAN Scribe, Musa Asake by albacete(m): 11:01am On Jan 17, 2018
So only politicians are allowed to speak out? This is an attack on the CAN's person. So if a medical doctor speaks out too, he will be asked to mind his patients? A teacher to mind his students, a lawyer to mind his clients, a banker to mind his customers.

Can't people reason before spitting out rubbish?

4 Likes

Re: Stick Only To Your Religious Calling, Presidency Tells CAN Scribe, Musa Asake by Promzyunique(m): 11:30am On Jan 17, 2018
sarrki:

I wonder d way most of u reason most times....how many times have they told dia sultans n emirs to concentrate on dia traditional.... bizness dan delving into...politics...y d christian body in order to shut d church up.....my dear dz dia strategy won't work

3 Likes

Re: Stick Only To Your Religious Calling, Presidency Tells CAN Scribe, Musa Asake by kernel505: 11:31am On Jan 17, 2018
sarrki:

You are a patriot
Rather he calls our politician a shithole
Buhari! And your fther.

1 Like

Re: Stick Only To Your Religious Calling, Presidency Tells CAN Scribe, Musa Asake by Nobody: 11:46am On Jan 17, 2018
Never said that to Fr Mbaka though undecided

1 Like

Re: Stick Only To Your Religious Calling, Presidency Tells CAN Scribe, Musa Asake by bimbim75: 11:55am On Jan 17, 2018
Desyner:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/01/stick-religious-calling-presidency-tells-can-scribe-musa-asake/
We need prayer and fasting.Pls stop be sentimental and avoid religious crises.Both Christian and Muslim are of God.
Re: Stick Only To Your Religious Calling, Presidency Tells CAN Scribe, Musa Asake by luvalltime: 12:06pm On Jan 17, 2018
Democracy is government of all and every citizen can contributes his/her part either clergy or not. But we should be mindful of our words so that it won't fuel the problem.
Re: Stick Only To Your Religious Calling, Presidency Tells CAN Scribe, Musa Asake by yavo2: 12:22pm On Jan 17, 2018
But before election, you visit these religious leaders to campaign for votes. Now you are messing up, you want them to keep quite?

1 Like

Re: Stick Only To Your Religious Calling, Presidency Tells CAN Scribe, Musa Asake by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jan 17, 2018
tell that to OSIBANDE! bunch of shameless hypocrites!
these same fooools run to churches to seek for votes!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

'Step Down For Omo-Agege To Emerge Deputy Senate President' - Urhobo Beg Kalu / Police Orders Investigation Into Reported Extortion Of ₦22m Worth Of Bitcoin / Abba Kyari: Court Extends Detention Order On Detained DCP By 14 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.