Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:11 AM

Why We Rejected Grazing Colonies - Ohanaeze - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Rejected Grazing Colonies - Ohanaeze (15216 Views)

Miyetti Allah Bans Night Grazing Nationwide / Shehu Sani: Why We Rejected Buhari’s $30bn Loan Request / Ruga Settlements: FG To Woo Colonies With N2.26bn Grazing Reserve Budget (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Rejected Grazing Colonies - Ohanaeze by dynicks(m): 1:42pm On Jan 17, 2018
sarrki:

When i say am a patriot I mean it

I supported Gej till late 2013

Iant good of my country
m beginning to like u u know;....that doesn't mean I ain't gonno poke u whenever I feel uv talked shit!!

2 Likes

Re: Why We Rejected Grazing Colonies - Ohanaeze by Stethaine: 1:42pm On Jan 17, 2018
I think what the Oha neze should be doing now is to find a way to defend themself against the herdsmen. The herdsman never sleep. They always on the plan to attack. Be wise now.

3 Likes

Re: Why We Rejected Grazing Colonies - Ohanaeze by Stethaine: 1:45pm On Jan 17, 2018
sharpden:

Oga I thought you have been supporting this government even when they act before thinking, why the sudden change of mind?
he has a brain damage.

3 Likes

Re: Why We Rejected Grazing Colonies - Ohanaeze by kingandamy4life(m): 1:52pm On Jan 17, 2018
They are bent is achieving sharia through any means because they have promised some foreign countries secretly that they will islamise Nigeria
We know all there agenda and game...they traveled to turkey and Saudi to reach the agreement.
Nigerians open your eyes and see clearly and while you pray you also watch
Dont go to bed without praying for this country because if God reveals to you what this heartless souls are planning
They want to take over Lagos but the children of God are praying and all their evil will never come to pass

3 Likes

Re: Why We Rejected Grazing Colonies - Ohanaeze by greatermax77(m): 1:52pm On Jan 17, 2018
[quote author=sarrki post=64276373]
You are so biased
So full of bigotry
I doubt if you are a lady
You preach hatred and religious intolerance
People like you make me go haywire some months back[/qu
ote]

Just look at human being

2 Likes

Re: Why We Rejected Grazing Colonies - Ohanaeze by nnokwa042(m): 1:57pm On Jan 17, 2018
The cows in Argentina and Brazil 're more than 200 million how many people did u hear thier herdsmen murdered in those countries ? How can the whole Nigerians surrender thier lands for fulani cows?how many northerners surrendered their land for free for igbo spare parts dealer's? They said bornu state is bigger than entire southeast let them use all bornu state as colony ,we don't 've any thing in common with fulani people they can go to southwest 45percent of yorubas 're Muslim they will wellcome the fulanis like they did in ilorin back then igbo land is no go area for fulanis

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Rejected Grazing Colonies - Ohanaeze by Obi1kenobi(m): 1:58pm On Jan 17, 2018
edoman2016:
Cattle colony is a good idea by federal government that will boost the dairy industry in Nigeria. It is adopted in African countries such as Kenya and Uganda. And those two countries are leading in dairy farming and milk production in Africa.

The peculiarities of Nigeria politics is the reason why application of cattle colony will be difficult in Nigeria. Ethnicity in Nigeria do not simply trust the Fulanis on their ancestral lands.

Then these colonies can be established in the territories the Fulanis occupy in the North. The experiences of the neighbours of the Fulanis all across the North in Benue, Kogi, Plateau, Taraba, Adamawa, Kaduna and even in the South in Edo, Enugu, Ekiti etc would make it very foolish to accept the imposition of such colonies/grazing reserves on anyone's ancestral lands. I'm no tribalist, but there's a disturbing death cult that trails the Fulanis wherever they go.

4 Likes

Re: Why We Rejected Grazing Colonies - Ohanaeze by Iamzik: 2:06pm On Jan 17, 2018
edoman2016:
Cattle colony is a good idea by federal government that will boost the dairy industry in Nigeria. It is adopted in African countries such as Kenya and Uganda. And those two countries are leading in dairy farming and milk production in Africa.

The peculiarities of Nigeria politics is the reason why application of cattle colony will be difficult in Nigeria. Ethnicity in Nigeria do not simply trust the Fulanis on their ancestral lands.

This is not Kenya or Uganda. This is Nigeria.

It worked in those countries because the people supported it and their government does not act with impunity as ours.

Tyranny is when a government policy is conceived and implemented without regards to opinion of citizens.

Cattle rearing is private business.
Those interested should buy lands and build a ranch.

Enough said already

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Rejected Grazing Colonies - Ohanaeze by Franking: 2:15pm On Jan 17, 2018
sarrki:
Life t every state make there own law on the grazing issue

If I don't have land to give you

You can't force me

It's a lie! Someone has hacked Sarrki's account o.

1 Like

Re: Why We Rejected Grazing Colonies - Ohanaeze by Franking: 2:17pm On Jan 17, 2018
sarrki:

Iant good of my country

U are not a patriot but a hate monger.

1 Like

Re: Why We Rejected Grazing Colonies - Ohanaeze by Yeeyo: 2:17pm On Jan 17, 2018
Better to reject grassing colony is just like a saying creating sambisa control by shakau in each state of the federation, stupit people

2 Likes

Re: Why We Rejected Grazing Colonies - Ohanaeze by yewawa: 2:18pm On Jan 17, 2018
Yoruba Ronu oooo......no grazing colony o....ooo.the New Are Ona kakanfo....chief Gani Adams e ma sun o......

1 Like

Re: Why We Rejected Grazing Colonies - Ohanaeze by LadyExcellency: 2:24pm On Jan 17, 2018
sarrki:

Iant good of my country

This one can lie for Africa.

Non of your previous monikers can attest to this.

Please tell us when you supported GEJ and which moniker can we reference to verify your claims.

3 Likes

Re: Why We Rejected Grazing Colonies - Ohanaeze by sarrki(m): 2:31pm On Jan 17, 2018
LadyExcellency:

This one can lie for Africa.

Non of your previous monikers can attest to this.

Please tell us when you supported GEJ and which moniker can we reference to verify your claims.

Uncle , I have never and will never have two monikers on Nairaland

The truth is I did

Before he derailed

I have been a visit guest nairalander for years but decides to join fully in 2015
Re: Why We Rejected Grazing Colonies - Ohanaeze by knowledgeable: 2:31pm On Jan 17, 2018
edoman2016:

Idiot, your focus should be on why Hausa/fulani in Nigeria are deploying violence and killing of other Nigerians with impunity in matters that should have been settled in a civilized ways, be it cattle colony or otherwise.

These impunity of killings you will agree with me, is not limited to fulani headsmen issues alone, but in other aspects of Nigerian society, be it in Religious issues (bokoharam), land grabbing, corruption in billions, their backwardness, holding down other regions development, extreme nepotism in their approach to dealing with other Nigerian cultures.

Again, you are an idiot if your focus is not on restructuring and true federalism but on how other countries like Kenya have accepted cattle colonies.

3 Likes

Re: Why We Rejected Grazing Colonies - Ohanaeze by LadyExcellency: 2:35pm On Jan 17, 2018
sarrki:

Uncle , I have never and will never have two monikers on Nairaland

The truth is I did

Before he derailed

I have been a visit guest nairalander for years but decides to join fully in 2015

Point of correction, Aunty not Uncle.

No you have been on Nairaland.com before 2014

Fact

1 Like

Re: Why We Rejected Grazing Colonies - Ohanaeze by Fellywood(m): 3:04pm On Jan 17, 2018
Franking:

U are not a patriot but a hate monger.
Sarrki used to be a hate monger...but now has repented , so he says & I trust him & very happy for him. Lets continue to encourage him because the support team of which he was a member has helped fuel the ungodly acts of this govt. Come along Sarrk, you can do it....not aftet all the deaths you witnessed in Benue. You can be an example to the other guys you left behind.
Re: Why We Rejected Grazing Colonies - Ohanaeze by DMathematical: 3:09pm On Jan 17, 2018
What stops a group of herdsmen from buying land for their business in any state of the federation?

edoman2016:

Re: Why We Rejected Grazing Colonies - Ohanaeze by Ken4Christ: 3:20pm On Jan 17, 2018
Why will the federal government single our only one business out of many to give free land? It is simply an Islamic agenda. When they get the land, one man will marry four wives, have several concubines. Before you know it, they have outgrown the population of the owners of land. They will launch a jihad and take over the land. We are not idiots. Enough is enough. We should go beyond defending ourselves and plan how to chase them out of Nigeria back to the deserts where they belong.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Rejected Grazing Colonies - Ohanaeze by Okoroawusa: 3:23pm On Jan 17, 2018
jerseyboy:
Efulefus. Nigeria need Nnamdi Kanu more now than ever.
Nnamdi kanu??

God forbid bad thing!

1 Like

Re: Why We Rejected Grazing Colonies - Ohanaeze by 2RUTHHURTS(m): 3:33pm On Jan 17, 2018
edoman2016:

LIKEWISE PIG COLONIES
Re: Why We Rejected Grazing Colonies - Ohanaeze by Twoclans(f): 3:38pm On Jan 17, 2018
Grazing colonies is a no go area for this country .

Its even most painful because most of the people that own this cows are very rich Nigerians that can actually afford to buy land and practise ranching.

There are farmers who don't own the land they farm on,they pay a lease fee for the lands and farm on them.Is the federal government also willing to create farm colonies. undecided

1 Like

Re: Why We Rejected Grazing Colonies - Ohanaeze by VeriteMFBank: 3:47pm On Jan 17, 2018
Collective (Group, Co-operative or Association ) Loans gets speedy attention
with very low interest rate....
Start calling in now...

Re: Why We Rejected Grazing Colonies - Ohanaeze by Kolping: 3:48pm On Jan 17, 2018
What is cattle colony?
By Luke Onyekakeyah
16 January 2018 | 3:55 am

https://guardian.ng/opinion/what-is-cattle-colony/

At a time when Nigerians are aggrieved with apprehension that the worsening massacres of innocent farmers in parts of the country by suspected Fulani herdsmen may be getting out of control, the Federal Government may be stoking more fire by proposing to establish what it calls cattle colonies in different parts of the country.

Cattle colony is not a strategy for grazing cattle but a centre for cattle and beef product sales. Besides, there is only one cattle colony in the whole world found in Pakistan. It is therefore, worrisome what the Federal Government intends to achieve by establishing cattle colonies across Nigeria.

Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Chief Audu Ogbeh had disclosed in Abuja at a stakeholders meeting that the Federal Government is putting everything in place to establish cattle colonies that would solve the continued herdsmen/farmers conflict in parts of the country.

According to him, the cattle colony project will start immediately following the offer of five hectares of land by 16 states in the country, adding that President Muhammadu Buhari has promised to help the ministry with money for the project.

While Ogbeh did not disclose the 16 states that have donated hectares of land for the project, he said facilities will be provided to take care of the herdsmen and their cattle, which they (herdsmen) have said if water and grass were provided, they would not be moving with their cattle.

Certainly, what Ogbeh is describing is ranching, which he is confusing with cattle colony. Whereas, a ranch is an area of land with facilities and structures set up for raising grazing livestock such as cattle, for meat or wool, cattle colony is totally different both in terms of purpose and structure

According to Wikipedia, “Cattle colony is one of the neighbourhoods of Bin Qasim Town in Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan. This neighbourhood of Karachi is the centre of cattle and meat trade in Karachi. The cattle colony is the dairy products shopping and supply centre of Karachi. There are also many abattoirs and meat warehouses located in the cattle colony.”

It is very clear from the foregoing that cattle colony is entirely a Pakistani idea for its local cattle and beef market economy.

The cattle colony is one and exists only in the neighbourhood of Bin Qasim Town in Karachi. It is not in any other place in the entire Pakistan or elsewhere in the world. No other country in Africa, Asia, Europe, Americas or Australia has cattle colony. Thus, there is only one cattle colony in the world. Talking about cattle colonies in Nigeria, as Ogbeh is contemplating, is a misnomer.

Moreover, since cattle colony is essentially devoted to the sale of cattle and beef products, it is, therefore, not one of the modern methods for raising cattle or other livestock. At best, it is an innovation for efficient cattle sales along with its beef products.

Nigeria’s problem with cattle borders on grazing and watering of the animals. This is best done in a ranch, as in other parts of the world. Ignoring ranching, which is the globally accepted modern method of cattle farming and instead presenting cattle colony suggests something is fishy.

It is baffling that the minister is introducing something that is alien to the world of cattle/livestock industry. Ranching remains the modern and most widely used method of raising cattle. To avoid confusing Nigerians, it is appropriate to understand what cattle colonies are as against cattle ranching.

Cattle colony is like a shopping complex where cattle and meat trade are carried out. The colony has nothing to do with rearing/grazing cattle and other livestock. It is out of place for the minister to be talking of establishing facilities to take care of the herdsmen and their cattle in a cattle colony. This can only be done in a ranch. Any herdsman or cattle in a cattle colony is there for trading and slaughtering of the cattle and not for grazing.

The string of abattoirs and warehouses that are established in Pakistan’s cattle colony show that it is entirely a market for beef cattle. Could the minister now see that the cattle colony is a place for slaughtering the animals and not for grazing? Can we call a spade a spade and save this country from avoidable crisis?

If the Pakistanis who introduced cattle colony in their cattle economy established just one colony, why then is the minister talking about establishing cattle colonies all over Nigeria? And, if no other country has adopted the concept of cattle colony, why is Nigeria toying with it? Why are our leaders so obdurate and unwilling to do the right thing in the national interest?

The insinuation that the cattle colonies proposal is intended to be used to Islamize Nigeria is gaining traction. Consequently, some governors in the Middle Belt and Southern Nigeria have rejected the idea. Where do we go from here?

It is not that Nigeria is among the largest cattle/beef producers in the world. Nigeria is nowhere to be found among the world’s largest beef producers.

Available information shows that the United States is the leading world beef producer (20%), followed by Brazil (15.4%), European Union (13%), China (11.4%) and India (7%). Out of the 53 largest beef producers ranked in the world, only two African countries are included namely South Africa at 13th position producing 1.44% of world beef and Gabon at the 53rd position with negligible per cent.

In all of these countries, ranching is the accepted method of cattle farming. My study shows that Gabon has most of its cattle in ranches. Countries like New Zealand, whose livestock population is more than the human population, have their livestock in ranches. The argument that the Fulani’s traditional nomadic lifestyle has to continue cannot survive the test of time in the 21st Century as humanity passes into post modernisation digital economy.

There has to be a deliberate attempt to get the herdsmen to adopt ranching in this modern era. There are few indigenous cultures around the world that are still stuck in the primitive wandering lifestyle. The Maasai of Kenya and Tanzania that rear livestock in semi nomadic fashion are even being tamed to be sedentary.

The Tanzania and Kenya governments have instituted programmes to encourage the Maasai to abandon their traditional semi-nomadic lifestyle. While it may not be easy to change them, a concerted effort in that direction will definitely bring change. Nigerian authorities should do likewise except there is something else.
Re: Why We Rejected Grazing Colonies - Ohanaeze by Kingspin(m): 4:02pm On Jan 17, 2018
Even the prophet no get sense..
Re: Why We Rejected Grazing Colonies - Ohanaeze by edoman2016: 4:18pm On Jan 17, 2018
knowledgeable:

Idiot, your focus should be on why Hausa/fulani in Nigeria are deploying violence and killing of other Nigerians with impunity in matters that should have been settled in a civilized ways, be it cattle colony or otherwise.

These impunity of killings you will agree with me, is not limited to fulani headsmen issues alone, but in other aspects of Nigerian society, be it in Religious issues (bokoharam), land grabbing, corruption in billions, their backwardness, holding down other regions development, extreme nepotism in their approach to dealing with other Nigerian cultures.

Again, you are an idiot if your focus is not on restructuring and true federalism but on how other countries like Kenya have accepted cattle colonies.
Hey! Why the insult? I am sure you lack manners. Do you have to behave like a tout on a faceless forum? Can't you post comments without resorting to abuse? Please, I don't have your time. So get lost on my comment.
Re: Why We Rejected Grazing Colonies - Ohanaeze by limeta(f): 5:03pm On Jan 17, 2018
sarrki:

Bros nah me

I leave you alone now
You say yr bmc is more to you than yr christian brothers and sisters
Sarrki am here for my people not the government or party.
Re: Why We Rejected Grazing Colonies - Ohanaeze by sarrki(m): 5:09pm On Jan 17, 2018
limeta:

I leave you alone now
You say yr bmc is more to you than yr christian brothers and sisters
Sarrki am here for my people not the government or party.

Limeta we have been on this with you for a long time

We are all human first
Re: Why We Rejected Grazing Colonies - Ohanaeze by johnaruson(m): 5:37pm On Jan 17, 2018
THE ONLY KNOWN THING MORE DANGEROUS THAN A NUCLEAR POWER PLANT IN YOUR LAND OR NEIGHBORHOOD IS THIS:
Fulani Herdsmen Cattle Colonies or Grazing Reserves, (according to old histories) has always turned to Caliphate or Local Government Area. They will soon produce religious leaders then ask for their local government in a foreign and borrowed land and become indigenous people
Re: Why We Rejected Grazing Colonies - Ohanaeze by lovetruth(m): 6:55pm On Jan 17, 2018
I don't know the reason Amy scandal in US must happy here remember that time Trump told Obama to called Al Qaeda Terrorist We need Foreign leader
Re: Why We Rejected Grazing Colonies - Ohanaeze by Lloydfather(m): 7:08pm On Jan 17, 2018
sarrki:
Life t every state make there own law on the grazing issue

If I don't have land to give you

You can't force me
Bro you've beginning to make sense to me this days.
The only thing stopping me from following u is the pics of that slowpoke you use as profile pics as I will like to follow u.
Re: Why We Rejected Grazing Colonies - Ohanaeze by kinguwem: 7:32pm On Jan 17, 2018
edoman2016:

The problem is not creating cattle colonies but creating cattle colonies in the South & Middle belt where land is predominantly used for crop cultivation.
The North has a large expanse of land for creation of cattle colonies. Facilities should be provided for creation of ranches there. Modern cattle rearing is technology driven.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

North-East APC Group Begins Door-To-Door Campaign For Tinubu / What Is The Biggest Problem Facing Nigeria? / Power Supply: GEJ Seeks 'Honest Feedback' From Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.