Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:49 AM

Will You Turn Down Your Lover Because Your Mamma Said So? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Will You Turn Down Your Lover Because Your Mamma Said So? (860 Views)

How Do You Turn A Lady Down Without Hurting Her / How Does One Politely Turn Down A Crush From A Female ? / Funny Reasons Nigerian Ladies Turn Down Marriage Proposal From Guys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will You Turn Down Your Lover Because Your Mamma Said So? by fashionkid(m): 9:55am On Apr 13, 2010
Guys I have had some challenges with this issue of my mom not accepting the girl i love. i don't know if my mom is unique or a 'weird chick'.well i am not the "mamma's Kid" type.But trust me you don't wnt to have a mom like my mom who is so choosy.So if you find yourself in a similar situation, will you respond or react.pls share your comments.
Re: Will You Turn Down Your Lover Because Your Mamma Said So? by rickie4us(m): 12:34pm On Apr 13, 2010
how old are you?
Re: Will You Turn Down Your Lover Because Your Mamma Said So? by abrahym(m): 1:35pm On Apr 13, 2010
Yeah i will
Re: Will You Turn Down Your Lover Because Your Mamma Said So? by abrahym(m): 1:36pm On Apr 13, 2010
Yeah i will
Re: Will You Turn Down Your Lover Because Your Mamma Said So? by googles: 2:57pm On Apr 13, 2010
if mahmah doesnt have a reasonable reason no i wont
Re: Will You Turn Down Your Lover Because Your Mamma Said So? by zerocool(m): 3:19pm On Apr 13, 2010
maybe u shld marry ur mama instead, **long hiss**
Re: Will You Turn Down Your Lover Because Your Mamma Said So? by Demdem(m): 5:00pm On Apr 13, 2010
i will be patient enough to sit down and listen attentively to her reasons. if such reasons are weighty and legitimate then gone is the lover
Re: Will You Turn Down Your Lover Because Your Mamma Said So? by Ben13: 5:32pm On Apr 13, 2010
googles:

if mahmah doesnt have a reasonable reason no i wont

tongue
Re: Will You Turn Down Your Lover Because Your Mamma Said So? by googles: 6:16pm On Apr 13, 2010
Ben-10:

tongue

cheesy cheesy cheesy

wetin do your tongue. . . . you don chop hot pepper abi ? cheesy

long time where 've you been hiding
Re: Will You Turn Down Your Lover Because Your Mamma Said So? by SleekReek(m): 6:33pm On Apr 13, 2010
Guys I have had some challenges with this issue of my mom not accepting the girl i love. i don't know if my mom is unique or a 'weird chick'.well i am not the "mamma's Kid" type.But trust me you don't wnt to have a mom like my mom who is so choosy.So if you find yourself in a similar situation, will you respond or react.pls share your comments.

Okay i have been there buddy.They say what an elder will see sitting down,a child will not even see standing up.Now if this an issue of i want to marry and mamma doesn't like her,it's different from i have a girlfriend and mamma don't like her.For the last scenario,it's not so life threatening so go ahead listen to her reasons,if they are not cogent enough,continue to love her jare,in the second scenario it's more dicey because there is such a thing as a mothers blessing,so it takes wisdom to maneuver through this,first you must know your mum and know where she is coming from,is she being reasonable or not?Is she being intuitive or suspicious?Knowing your mum will tell you whether to listen to her or not.Secondly listen to her argument and if it has no basis,tell you appreciate her advice but she should take some time and study your lady and she will realize she is wrong in many of her conclusions on her.Thirdly by wisdom,na you know your mamma,so give your girl advice on how to win her heart,eventually she will give her blessing and you are home free,as simple as that.
Re: Will You Turn Down Your Lover Because Your Mamma Said So? by fashionkid(m): 12:15pm On Apr 14, 2010
well Thanks guys,I think ,
Re: Will You Turn Down Your Lover Because Your Mamma Said So? by Freiburger(m): 12:21pm On Apr 14, 2010
I will, if she will give me a concrete why i should turn her down.
Re: Will You Turn Down Your Lover Because Your Mamma Said So? by obiekwu: 6:59pm On Apr 14, 2010
dnt listen to ur mum because its not ur mum dat u will marry if u like da girl marry her and if ur mum dnt like her then tough, she will learn to like her if she sees dat u guys truly love each other or atleast learn to like her for ur sake
Re: Will You Turn Down Your Lover Because Your Mamma Said So? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Apr 14, 2010
I won't ditch my lover / girlfriend / fiancee just because my mum couldn't get on with her. I'm a grown man, have never been a mama's boy. And happily, my mum never interferred in my love life, bar asking questions about my choice of girlfriends.

Everyone's different, but I know once you give in to your mum, very few lovers will meet with her approval. I feel it's best you make your own mistakes as per lovers. Nothing wrong in making mistakes. It's when you fail to learn from them, it becomes an issue.
Re: Will You Turn Down Your Lover Because Your Mamma Said So? by bjcisse: 4:01pm On Apr 15, 2010
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

@ poster

no be only you oh, same apply here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

confusedddddddddddd

(1) (Reply)

Am I Tired Of This Relationship? / How Do I Start / She Is Changing Gear:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.