Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

Yar'dua Could Be Nigeria's 1st Graduate President! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar'dua Could Be Nigeria's 1st Graduate President! (6151 Views)

Meet Hadi Sirika Katsina Billionaire Tipped To Be Nigeria's Minister Of Aviation / Aisha Buhari: Why President-elect’s Wife May Not Be Nigeria’s Next First Lady / Buhari Will Never Be Nigeria President - Fayose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yar'dua Could Be Nigeria's 1st Graduate President! by Tobiegal(f): 1:10pm On Mar 02, 2007
"If voted into power as president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in the forthcoming presidential election, Alhaji Umaru Yar’Adua would be the first university graduate to rule Nigeria"
culled: This day Newspaper

Can anybody please tell me why dis 'Puppet' is the best graduate president Nigeria has got to offer?

"She said given the current remarkable and monumental achievements recorded in the educational sector as Governor of Katsina State, Yar’Auda will be able to do the same for the entire country"
culled: Thisday Newspaper

Do you know where Kastina state is in Nigeria? Frankly, am not sure i know where the state is, My borther is why would someone equate Kastina state to the whole of Nigeria, dat he may have 'forced' some of his clan to go to class does not mean that he would be a successful leader or president of Nigeria.

My humble opinion is d guy has no charism nor does he look like a leader , as far as a Graduate president is concerned, dont think it matters, wot matters is wot he can deliever to the Nigerian people!
Nairalanders, wot do u think?
Re: Yar'dua Could Be Nigeria's 1st Graduate President! by McKren(m): 8:14pm On Mar 02, 2007
So who do you think is better of// I know you have Atiku in mind grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Yar'dua Could Be Nigeria's 1st Graduate President! by shutmouth(m): 9:41pm On Mar 02, 2007
Does a presidential candidate have to be very popular to rule a country even if he is an illiterate?

Look at Atiku and OBJ, they are worst than illiterates.

Nigeria has graduates that can steer the country better. Pat Utomi and Yar'Adua are not just graduates but teachers.

These qualities are essential for Nigeria and not illiterate, stupid and vague minds like OBJ, Atiku, Buhari, Kalu and others you rate as popular.
Re: Yar'dua Could Be Nigeria's 1st Graduate President! by sukiyaki(f): 10:04pm On Mar 02, 2007
if we cld actually av a gradute as our President come 2007 it wiil be more than good. But d question is can Yar adua , Goodluuk coupled with "baba" in otta farm take nigeria to the promise land?
Re: Yar'dua Could Be Nigeria's 1st Graduate President! by Icon(m): 11:43pm On Mar 02, 2007
Pat Utomi is a prof, Chris Okotie is a graduate and believe me these two guys have good chances. Kalu is also a graduate.
Re: Yar'dua Could Be Nigeria's 1st Graduate President! by CrudeOil2(m): 6:41pm On Mar 04, 2007
You dont have to be a graduate to make nigeria work.All you need is the political will and good aides to the do the job well.Yar adua is a clown.
Re: Yar'dua Could Be Nigeria's 1st Graduate President! by Tobiegal(f): 9:19am On Mar 05, 2007
shutmouth:

Nigeria has graduates that can steer the country better. Pat Utomi and Yar'Adua are not just graduates but teachers.

Now, i think i get ur drift, Pat is a great guy, no doubt, bt do u truly believe with all his philosophy dat he can steer the Nigerian politics? Mayb he does better with his talk-show on Tv, going into politics, he may as well b testing his popularity.

As for yar'dua, he is beginning to talk 'tough' bt i wonder where dat wld lead him. If wot Nigeria needs is a graduate, n pdp had tot it a necessity, mayb they dhs ave given d likes of donald duke d presidential ticket instead of one malo!

If the country is so down with a graduate for president, mayb we shd b looking at dat happening say in anoda, 8yrs shocked

Crude Oil:

You don't have to be a graduate to make nigeria work.All you need is the political will and good aides to the do the job well.Yar adua is a clown.

Now dat is true talk, nigeria is not d ideal country, so wot we can get we take, n we certainly dont need a graduate to make it work, anyone wit as crude oil rightly stated, political will n good aides!
Re: Yar'dua Could Be Nigeria's 1st Graduate President! by Ejarune(m): 12:03pm On Mar 05, 2007
Having a graduate as a president would really do well for Nigeria. Come to thing of it. A man that does not value his Educational development is a man that despises Knowledge. We have so many rich men in Nigeria who do not have value for knowledge and that is how the see life. they think is all about making money. Many of them had the Chance to further there education but they see it as not necessary because they have money. I don't think it would be wise to have such people again as president in this country because they would lack the wisdom to develop our educational sector which is the foundation for the future of this country. Moreover they would lack the wisdom to initiate creative ideas that would develop other sectors of the Economy. like health, Agriculture, transportation, tourism and many other .

When you look at the educational background of someone like Donald Duke you would agree with me. i am not trying to campage for yar'adua but just sharing my opinion on having a graduate as a president.
Re: Yar'dua Could Be Nigeria's 1st Graduate President! by omofineboy(m): 12:48pm On Mar 05, 2007
why singled out yaradua, many of them are graduates and besides what has being a graduate got to do with govenance, all you need is very intelligent, articulate, knowledgeable and sharp aides. Lastly who told you Yaradua will be President or are au a PDP do or die affair
Re: Yar'dua Could Be Nigeria's 1st Graduate President! by Tobiegal(f): 1:12pm On Mar 05, 2007
Omofineboy,
I ave not said yar'dua is d only graduate o, infact, i only culled 4rm a dailies,
And am certainly not 4 pdp(i think ya'l knw dat as abt now wink)

Ejarune:

Having a graduate as a president would really do well for Nigeria. Come to thing of it. A man that does not value his Educational development is a man that despises Knowledge. We have so many rich men in Nigeria who do not have value for knowledge and that is how the see life. they think is all about making money. Many of them had the Chance to further there education but they see it as not necessary because they have money. I don't think it would be wise to have such people again as president in this country because they would lack the wisdom to develop our educational sector which is the foundation for the future of this country. Moreover they would lack the wisdom to initiate creative ideas that would develop other sectors of the Economy. like health, Agriculture, transportation, tourism and many other .

I no gree, those dat have impacted and changed things in the country were no graduates, i stand 2 b corrected, bt i dont think marwa is a graduate, n he did very well wen he was d military governor of lagos state,

so, in nigeria, it goes beyond just being a graduate to perform effectively, nothing wrong with millionnaires who dont feel d need to go 2 skol not because they can afford it, dey just feel no need for it,

besides, d constitution of nigeria didnot specify that anybody going for public office shd b a graduate, undecided
Re: Yar'dua Could Be Nigeria's 1st Graduate President! by Ejarune(m): 1:31pm On Mar 05, 2007
Not being a graduate does not mean  you would not do well. But the issue am trying to bring out is that there is a standard we all wish to see Nigeria attain and In my Opinion if we have a graduate not necessary yar'adua or any one contesting now. but having a graduate would really be a plus to Nigeria.

Tobiegal:

Omofineboy,
I no gree, those that have impacted and changed things in the country were no graduates, i stand 2 b corrected, bt i don't think marwa is a graduate, n he did very well when he was d military governor of lagos state,

so, in Nigeria, it goes beyond just being a graduate to perform effectively, nothing wrong with millionnaires who don't feel d need to go 2 skol not because they can afford it, dey just feel no need for it,

undecided

Marwa did well as a Governor in Lagos state but If he were to be a graduate it would have helped him to do more. Believe it or not, if Obasanjor were to be a graduate it would have been a plus to his government. Education (Acquisition of Knowladge) is a very strong tool for leadership.

(1) (Reply)

The Nigerian Police On Twitter / LGAs With The Worst Roads In Lagos State? / These 27 Famous Hon Patrick Obahiagbon Quotes Will Make You Laugh Till You Cry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.