Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,744 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

THROWBACK STORY: The Ear And The Mosquito - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / THROWBACK STORY: The Ear And The Mosquito (741 Views)

Please Help. The Mosquito Poem / Poetic Words Rhythmic Pleasing To The Ear / Short Story - The Other Woman's Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

THROWBACK STORY: The Ear And The Mosquito by Johnakwehblog(m): 4:59pm On Jan 18, 2018
Source: https://johnakweh..com/2018/01/throwback-story-ear-and-mosquito.html

The entire world was starving. There was hardly a morsel of food left anywhere. Only the mosquito had a little calabash bowl of flour hidden away. Each day the mosquito mixed up a bit of porridge and carefully hid the remainder under a stone in the corner of his hut.
The ear was starving and in desperation came to seek food at the mosquito's house. He was so thin he could hardly walk. As he approached the mosquito's house he saw him hide something under a stone.
When the mosquito hadgone to bathe in the river, the ear stole the bowl of flour and made a big dish of porridge and shared it with his hundreds of hungry children.
The mosquito returned from his bath and was hungry so he looked under the stone to get some flour and found that it was gone. He quickly flew to his nearest neighbour, the ear and demanded his food.
'If you do not give me back my flour, i shall never leave you. I will bother you when you hunt or fish or sleep,' whined the mosquito. So, when a mosquito comes to bite a man, the chief of all living things, it first goes to the ear and whines, 'Give me my flour!'
If a man hears this and does not give it, the mosquito takes his food where he can find it.
Re: THROWBACK STORY: The Ear And The Mosquito by sodiqapril(m): 5:04pm On Jan 18, 2018
lol
Re: THROWBACK STORY: The Ear And The Mosquito by Ebios(m): 5:31pm On Jan 18, 2018
U tried sha...
What l heard was that...
People said d world was ending as a result of the falling nature of the sky n all d animals started running after hearing abt it from one animal and then to another and to another...

As mosquito heard abt it too,he started running but later got tired and stopped.He told himself that he would not ask fellow animals again but humans.He saw one man and asked,
"Helo sir,they said the world is ending,is it true?"
The man ignored him and walked away.He started running after him and asked again.As the man still kept quiet,he decide to bite him.

So when next a mosquito comes near u with that usual noise,just give him the answer and it will go away without biting u.But if u dont....
Mmmmmmm

1 Like

Re: THROWBACK STORY: The Ear And The Mosquito by Johnakwehblog(m): 5:56pm On Jan 18, 2018
Ebios:
U tried sha...
What l hear was that...
People said d world was endin as a result of the falling nature of the sky n all d animals started running after hearing abt it from one animal and then to another and to another...

As mosquito heard abt it too,he started running but later go tired and stopped.He told himself that he would not ask fellow animals but humans.He saw one man and asked,
"Helo sir,they said the world is ending,is it true?"
The man ignored him and walked away.He started running after him and asked again.As the man still kept quiet,he decide to bite him.

So when next a mosquito comes near u with that usual noise,just give him the answer and it will go away without biting u.But if u dont....
Mmmmmmm
Lol.. those are folktales for you

(1) (Reply)

Order Expression Beat And Papers The Difficulties Of School Assignment Formulati / The Quiet Rituals Of Extremely Successful People / The Love Virus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.