Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,125 members, 7,957,232 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 09:32 AM

Has Anyone Noticed There Are No More Waste "Mallams" In Lagos? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Has Anyone Noticed There Are No More Waste "Mallams" In Lagos? (1812 Views)

Picture:Nnamdi Kanu Is Right,Anyone Noticed Anything About The President's Ear? / Anyone Noticed Sowore Has Stopped His Revolution Is Now Protest? / Seven Things I Noticed Concerning Dino Melaye's Certificate Scandal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Anyone Noticed There Are No More Waste "Mallams" In Lagos? by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:35am On Jan 19, 2018
I tried to throw some waste away and I noticed there are no more bin mallams. I hear rumours they have all been arrested. How true is this?
Re: Has Anyone Noticed There Are No More Waste "Mallams" In Lagos? by Nobody: 7:38am On Jan 19, 2018
I saw one this morning in front of my flat.

Dem still dey bros
Re: Has Anyone Noticed There Are No More Waste "Mallams" In Lagos? by PointZerom: 7:39am On Jan 19, 2018
tensazangetsu20:
I tried to throw some waste away and I noticed there are no more bin mallams. I hear rumours they have all been arrested. How true is this?

LAWMA dey arrest them.
Re: Has Anyone Noticed There Are No More Waste "Mallams" In Lagos? by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:40am On Jan 19, 2018
pp802:
I saw one this morning in front of my flat.

Dem still dey bros
There aren't any here. I have been out since 6 looking for them. This government is joking. They should expect the gutters blocked. Why can't they mandate them to throw what they have picked in one location.
Re: Has Anyone Noticed There Are No More Waste "Mallams" In Lagos? by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:40am On Jan 19, 2018
PointZerom:

LAWMA dey arrest them.
Imagine the nonsense, arresting them without providing alternatives.

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Noticed There Are No More Waste "Mallams" In Lagos? by stjudas(m): 7:53am On Jan 19, 2018
tensazangetsu20:

Imagine the nonsense, arresting them without providing alternatives.

Welcome to the Giant of the world Africa where we cut our nose to spite our face.
Re: Has Anyone Noticed There Are No More Waste "Mallams" In Lagos? by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:55am On Jan 19, 2018
stjudas:

Welcome to the Giant of the world Africa where we cut our nose to spite our face.
The country just tire me. I never saw the importance of this guy's till today. I will pack the bin and throw it on the express. Useless country.

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Noticed There Are No More Waste "Mallams" In Lagos? by Nobody: 8:16am On Jan 19, 2018
tensazangetsu20:

The country just tire me. I never saw the importance of this guy's till today. I will pack the bin and throw it on the express. Useless country.

Express ke?! shocked

If dem gbab you, e don be for you be dat o.

Guy, just put am in front of your house, make sure say you arrange am well with polythene bag
Re: Has Anyone Noticed There Are No More Waste "Mallams" In Lagos? by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:19am On Jan 19, 2018
pp802:

Express ke?! shocked

If dem gbab you, e don be for you be dat o.

Guy, just put am in front of your house, make sure say you arrange am well with polythene bag
We used to do that but they wont come for close to a month. The whole thing will pile up and be smelling with flies and rats perching around it. Utterly disgusting and we were even paying the bills.
Re: Has Anyone Noticed There Are No More Waste "Mallams" In Lagos? by three: 8:31am On Jan 19, 2018
Greed
Re: Has Anyone Noticed There Are No More Waste "Mallams" In Lagos? by yanshDoctor: 8:43am On Jan 19, 2018
the state government have set up taskforce "cleaner lagos" with good equipment that meet up standards.

they would soon start coming house to house. maybe they haven't map out their area of operation yet.

lalasticala, seun
Re: Has Anyone Noticed There Are No More Waste "Mallams" In Lagos? by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:46am On Jan 19, 2018
yanshDoctor:
the state government have set up taskforce "cleaner lagos" with good equipment that meet up standards.

they would soon start coming house to house. maybe they haven't map out their area of operation yet.

lalasticala, seun
So we should all live with refuse until then. I wonder how people in positions of authority think in this useless country.

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Noticed There Are No More Waste "Mallams" In Lagos? by yanshDoctor: 8:53am On Jan 19, 2018
tensazangetsu20:

So we should all live with refuse until then. I wonder how people in positions of authority think in this useless country.
its for your on good, that shit is outdated and those guys don't meet up with standard. no safety equipment and they can spread decease.

the cleaner lagos team will soon visit residence to residence. it comes with fee.
Re: Has Anyone Noticed There Are No More Waste "Mallams" In Lagos? by booblacain(m): 8:55am On Jan 19, 2018
yanshDoctor:

lalasticala, seun

They should have done the mapping before the banning.
Re: Has Anyone Noticed There Are No More Waste "Mallams" In Lagos? by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:56am On Jan 19, 2018
yanshDoctor:
its for your on good, that shit is outdated and those guys don't meet up with standard. no safety equipment and they can spread decease.

the cleaner lagos team will soon visit residence to residence. it comes with fee.

We are all waiting. Thank God its dry season. Why didn't the government Start the initiative before taking then off the streets? So what happens to refuse now?
Re: Has Anyone Noticed There Are No More Waste "Mallams" In Lagos? by Chukazu: 8:58am On Jan 19, 2018
booblacain:

They should have done the mapping before the banning.

Are you saying you don't have LAWMA trucks coming to your area?
Re: Has Anyone Noticed There Are No More Waste "Mallams" In Lagos? by yanshDoctor: 9:05am On Jan 19, 2018
tensazangetsu20:

We are all waiting. Thank God its dry season. Why didn't the government Start the initiative before taking then off the streets? So what happens to refuse now?

http://www.lawma.gov.ng

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Noticed There Are No More Waste "Mallams" In Lagos? by Nobody: 9:10am On Jan 19, 2018
tensazangetsu20:

We used to do that but they wont come for close to a month. The whole thing will pile up and be smelling with flies and rats perching around it. Utterly disgusting and we were even paying the bills.

I feel your pain bro. It's because they stopped lawma activities. Heard lag govt is coming up with something better.
The abok1s' are still very much present though!
Took the shot below at my balcony this morning.

Re: Has Anyone Noticed There Are No More Waste "Mallams" In Lagos? by booblacain(m): 9:11am On Jan 19, 2018
Getting rid of some of them is a good thing in the long run but banning them every where so abruptly is just not sensible. They should have been banned only in places that LAWMA trucks can access easily, like streets that are at least motorable. They are many streets in Lagos that get too muddy and too gully for these trucks to pass especially in the rainy season. PSP truck drivers refuse to go to or pass through those streets for fear of getting stuck, go to Ikotun/Ijegun to see many streets like that.

Attached are pictures of streets in Ijegun/Ikotun area in Alimosho LGA Lagos.

Re: Has Anyone Noticed There Are No More Waste "Mallams" In Lagos? by Simonokeh7(m): 9:12am On Jan 19, 2018
who it what are waste mallams ??
Re: Has Anyone Noticed There Are No More Waste "Mallams" In Lagos? by Simonokeh7(m): 9:12am On Jan 19, 2018
who or what are waste mallams ??
Re: Has Anyone Noticed There Are No More Waste "Mallams" In Lagos? by valentineuwakwe(m): 9:18am On Jan 19, 2018
they have been ban which they hv been replace with the cleaner lagos initiative CLI.....recruitment is on going i hear n you can find more on these website www.valentine202.com

thanks
Re: Has Anyone Noticed There Are No More Waste "Mallams" In Lagos? by booblacain(m): 9:20am On Jan 19, 2018
Chukazu:

Are you saying you don't have LAWMA trucks coming to your area?

Believe me they do not and when they eventually do, they select the streets to enter because most of the roads are are bad; truck pushers are able to maneuver most of these bad streets.

Lagos government should work with these pushers in some areas rather than banning them in totality or at least get licensed truck pushers to go into those places that the trucks can't go, they should make arrangements like this even before a ban.

The picture below is a street in Ijegun/Ikotun area and most streets are like that in these areas. Tell me the good of banning these pushers for areas like these.

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Noticed There Are No More Waste "Mallams" In Lagos? by skillzbae(f): 9:43am On Jan 19, 2018
The last time lawma came to our street is September last year.

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Noticed There Are No More Waste "Mallams" In Lagos? by stjudas(m): 3:15pm On Jan 19, 2018
tensazangetsu20:

9ja leaders want our cities to look like NY overnight but won't take time to improve on our quality of life by providing jobs as the Americans have done.

Imagine a country in abject poverty placing a ban on roadside hawking while forgetting that its the corruption of them leaders that pushed the hawkers into racing against speeding cars on the express roads. Same country ban importation of rice and 'okrika' clothes even when we don't produce enough rice and barely have enough money for clothing.

Nawa ooo
Re: Has Anyone Noticed There Are No More Waste "Mallams" In Lagos? by tensazangetsu20(m): 3:18pm On Jan 19, 2018
stjudas:

9ja leaders want our cities to look like NY overnight but won't take time to improve on our quality of life by providing jobs as the Americans have done.

Imagine a country in abject poverty placing a ban on road side hawking while forgetting that its their corruption that pushed the hawkers into racing against speeding cars on the express roads. Same country ban importation of rice and 'okrika' clothes even when we don't produce enough rice and barely have enough for clothing.

Nawa ooo
This refuse thing is really affecting me as the refuse is beginning to smell. I will pack it and throw it in the middle of the road at night. Useless government
Re: Has Anyone Noticed There Are No More Waste "Mallams" In Lagos? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jan 19, 2018
Is the pictures above lagos state

no oooooo!!! it must be aba pictures, because lagos is more developed than New York

(1) (Reply)

I Will Do Whatever Nnamdi Kanu Says This Evening. / What Killed Chukwuma Onuekwusi In May 2017 ( Channelstv Aso Rock Correspondant) / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.