Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,212 members, 7,811,577 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:57 PM

Cia Declassified Report On Gen. Gowon Regime,post Civil War ( Pic) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cia Declassified Report On Gen. Gowon Regime,post Civil War ( Pic) (7125 Views)

(video) Maj. Gen. Gowon Arrives Port Harcourt Tour Towns Recaptured From Biafra / Akinrinade 80th Birthday: Post Civil War Video Of Lt. General Akinrinade / CIA Declassified Information: Buhari’s Nepotism And Appointment Pattern (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cia Declassified Report On Gen. Gowon Regime,post Civil War ( Pic) by koladebrainiac(m): 2:17pm On Jan 19, 2018
The CIA Report is very exhaustive on Gen. Yakubu Gowon, then Head of State; the Igbos, whose quest for an independent country called Biafra was but shortlived; the Northerners; Chief Obafemi Awolowo—leader of the Yoruba—the Army and the postwar reconciliation process

The Nigerian Civil War ended on this day in 1970 after 3 bloody years, with the Biafran enclave rejoining the Nigerian Federal Republic.

Here's the very detailed CIA (The United States Central Intelligence Agency) Official Report (May 1970) on postwar Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cia Declassified Report On Gen. Gowon Regime,post Civil War ( Pic) by Tomoyayi(m): 2:17pm On Jan 19, 2018
Re: Cia Declassified Report On Gen. Gowon Regime,post Civil War ( Pic) by ezugegere(m): 2:33pm On Jan 19, 2018
I 'll like to read this report
Re: Cia Declassified Report On Gen. Gowon Regime,post Civil War ( Pic) by evy1(m): 2:36pm On Jan 19, 2018
Re: Cia Declassified Report On Gen. Gowon Regime,post Civil War ( Pic) by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jan 19, 2018
Seen. Wey Buhari own?
Re: Cia Declassified Report On Gen. Gowon Regime,post Civil War ( Pic) by koladebrainiac(m): 2:53pm On Jan 19, 2018
more

Re: Cia Declassified Report On Gen. Gowon Regime,post Civil War ( Pic) by capatainrambo: 3:03pm On Jan 19, 2018
war
Re: Cia Declassified Report On Gen. Gowon Regime,post Civil War ( Pic) by OAUTemitayo: 3:17pm On Jan 19, 2018
Can you see...
The Yorubas welcomed the IBO's with open hand after the war even when they were rejected by the Rivers and Bendel people.
And yet they still hate us like mad.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cia Declassified Report On Gen. Gowon Regime,post Civil War ( Pic) by kettykings: 3:22pm On Jan 19, 2018
OAUTemitayo:
Can you see...
The Yorubas welcomed the IBO's with open hand after the war even when they were rejected by the Rivers and Bendel people.
And yet they still hate us like mad.

The Rivers and Bendel People did not Goad igbos into war by saying if by Ommission or Commission the igbos are allowed to seced that they would secede only to rejoin the Federal forces to fight igbos and recommend starvation to be used on innocent women and children.

The Rivers and Bendel people did not rub it in the face of igbos that hunger is an instrument of war.

I dont think Igbos have started hating yorubas , the Generations of Igbos who are coming after Nnamdi Kanu will be the Generation that will give it back to the people who visted real hatred on the igbo nation, The Nnamdi Kanu Generation were not versatile and ruthless in some of their activities, not that i support them.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cia Declassified Report On Gen. Gowon Regime,post Civil War ( Pic) by hucienda: 3:25pm On Jan 19, 2018
Per this report: The 30-month war ended abruptly without guerrilla fights subsequently. The Gowon-led FMG at Lagos was conciliatory to the Igbo at war's end - albeit with fierce opposition. Maximum respect to General Effiong who bore the ultimate role - that neither Gowon nor Ojukwu wanted to bear - in ending the war and preventing further deaths. Imagine for a second, a soldier surrendering to his juniors at the end of a bitter war - to save lives and end the bloodshed and anarchy. IMO, General Effiong is the man that stands tall in that dark moment of our national history 1966 - 1970.

It appears the NRC's role ended 30 June 1970 - six months after the war's end.

The report written in 1970 was indeed prescient as Awolowo lost the 1979 elections.

History. That the Igbo and former eastern region pulled out of the ruins of 1970 to their current economic standing is astonishing. We are still having headache with revenue sharing formula as written in that same 1970 declassified report. Imagining what they'd have in their classified reports from 1971 to 2017.

CIA ... these Americans carry our history for fingertips and sabi us inside out.

Thanks, OP.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cia Declassified Report On Gen. Gowon Regime,post Civil War ( Pic) by Shuku0kukobambi: 3:27pm On Jan 19, 2018
kettykings:

The Rivers and Bendel People did not Goad igbos into war by saying if by Ommission or Commission the boys are allowed to seced that they would secede only to rejoin the Federal forces to fight igbos and recommend starvation to be used on innocent women and children

the Rivers and Bendel people did not rub it in the face of igbos that hunger is an instrument of war.

Have you no shame? Have you no self esteem? Are the Yorubas the custodians of the brain okike abiama supposedly gave to you? So ojukwu and your 30 million ancestors were waiting for Awo to tell them that your 120 dane guns were asking for too much against the Nigerian army? So you were waiting for Yorubas to order you to surrender even after ojukwu had run away? When will you crybaby ever get responsible enough to take responsibility for your actions? Anyway, OBJ eventually received your surrender otherwise you'll could have been wiped off. That must count for something.

From your comments, the edo /delta/rivers did the right thing I guess. If only the Yorubas had been as ruthless cool

I dont think Igbos have started hating yorubas , the Generations of Igbos who are coming after Nnamdi Kanu will be the Generation that will give it back to the people who visted real hatred on the igbo nations, The Nnamdi Kanu Generation were not versatile and ruthless in some of their activities, not that i support them.

cheesy cheesy

Empty chest beating cowardly and spineless clown. So even to exhibit hate now needs some chest beating? May okike abiama damage all that is yours if you desist from this hatred. When have you not hated the Yorubas? When have your fathers not being jealous and hateful of Awo and his people? Hate is in your DNA and you must roast in that hatred. Nansense angry

@tbe bold, keep denying your mumu Ipods forgetting you were one of their online enforcers. Empty coward

18 Likes

Re: Cia Declassified Report On Gen. Gowon Regime,post Civil War ( Pic) by OAUTemitayo: 3:40pm On Jan 19, 2018
kettykings:

The Rivers and Bendel People did not Goad igbos into war by saying if by Ommission or Commission the boys are allowed to seced that they would secede only to rejoin the Federal forces to fight igbos and recommend starvation to be used on innocent women and children.

the Rivers and Bendel people did not rub it in the face of igbos that hunger is an instrument of war.

I dont think Igbos have started hating yorubas , the Generations of Igbos who are coming after Nnamdi Kanu will be the Generation that will give it back to the people who visted real hatred on the igbo nations, The Nnamdi Kanu Generation were not versatile and ruthless in some of their activities, not that i support them.
So despite returning your abandoned properties this is all we get from you?
Yoruba goaded you into the war?
You people must be the smartest people on earth then

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cia Declassified Report On Gen. Gowon Regime,post Civil War ( Pic) by kettykings: 3:42pm On Jan 19, 2018
Shuku0kukobambi:

Have you no shame? Have you no self esteem? Are the Yorubas the custodians of the brain okike abiama supposedly gave to you? So ojukwu and your 30 million ancestors were waiting for Awo to tell them that your 120 dane guns were asking for too much against the Nigerian army? So you were waiting for Yorubas to order you to surrender even after ojukwu had run away? When will you crybaby ever get responsible enough to take responsibility for your actions? Anyway, OK eventually received your surrender otherwise you'll could have been wiped off. That must count for something.

From your comments, the edo /delta/rivers did the right thing I guess. If only the Yorubas had been as ruthless cool

cheesy cheesy

Empty chest beating cowardly and spineless clown. So even to exhibit hate now needs some chest beating? May okike abiama damage damage all that is yours if you desist from this hatred. When have you not hated the Yorubas? When have your fathers not being jealous and hateful of Awo and his people? Hate is in your DNA and you must roast in that hatred. Nansense angry

let us watch and see , no need for so many words and exchange of insults back and forth

3 Likes

Re: Cia Declassified Report On Gen. Gowon Regime,post Civil War ( Pic) by laudate: 3:45pm On Jan 19, 2018
kettykings:

The Rivers and Bendel People did not Goad igbos into war by saying if by Ommission or Commission the boys are allowed to seced that they would secede only to rejoin the Federal forces to fight igbos and recommend starvation to be used on innocent women and children.

You people have not stopped your propaganda! Chai!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cia Declassified Report On Gen. Gowon Regime,post Civil War ( Pic) by Shuku0kukobambi: 3:48pm On Jan 19, 2018
kettykings:

let us watch and see , no need for so many words and exchange of insults back and forth

What else are you watching for? Have you not just confessed Yorubas were meant to think for you? Have you not just confessed you rely on the Yorubas for your direction? In fact are Ffk and Fayose support and aggressive opposition to bubu over ipob matter not enough proof that indeed this is the case?

What should I expect from you other than empty chest beating and bragging as usual?

Thank God the America of your god, Donald trump originated this report. You can tag them afonja if you like

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cia Declassified Report On Gen. Gowon Regime,post Civil War ( Pic) by Shuku0kukobambi: 3:49pm On Jan 19, 2018
laudate:

You people have not stopped your propaganda! Chai!

Even inside mud, the empty coward will still be doing propaganda

12 Likes

Re: Cia Declassified Report On Gen. Gowon Regime,post Civil War ( Pic) by kettykings: 3:49pm On Jan 19, 2018
Shuku0kukobambi:

What else are you watching for? Have you not just confessed Yorubas were meant to think for you? Have you not just confessed you rely on the Yorubas for your direction? In fact are Ffk and Fayose support and aggressive opposition to bubu over ipob matter not enough proof that indeed this is the case?

What should I expect from you other than empty chest beating and bragging as usual?

Thank God the America of your god, Donald trump originated this report. You can tag them afonja if you like

Time will tell like i posted , the Generation coming after NK will prove me right or wrong, NK was brash , open and too forward

2 Likes

Re: Cia Declassified Report On Gen. Gowon Regime,post Civil War ( Pic) by Shuku0kukobambi: 3:50pm On Jan 19, 2018
kettykings:

Time will tell

I'm waiting

5 Likes

Re: Cia Declassified Report On Gen. Gowon Regime,post Civil War ( Pic) by kettykings: 3:52pm On Jan 19, 2018
Shuku0kukobambi:

I'm waiting

This is all i have to say , Thanks

1 Like

Re: Cia Declassified Report On Gen. Gowon Regime,post Civil War ( Pic) by Shuku0kukobambi: 3:53pm On Jan 19, 2018
kettykings:

This is all i have to say , Thanks

You're welcome indeed

4 Likes

Re: Cia Declassified Report On Gen. Gowon Regime,post Civil War ( Pic) by Shuku0kukobambi: 3:56pm On Jan 19, 2018
kettykings:

Time will tell like i posted , the Generation coming after NK will prove me right or wrong, NK was brash , open and too forward

@na now you know. When I and others pointed the bold out to you, did you not tag us cowards?

Tell your next messiah to internalize this maxim ''Discretion is the better part of valour''. Maybe your next freedom quest might see a breakthrough

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cia Declassified Report On Gen. Gowon Regime,post Civil War ( Pic) by Malawian(m): 4:25pm On Jan 19, 2018
Care to Comment ?

1 Like

Re: Cia Declassified Report On Gen. Gowon Regime,post Civil War ( Pic) by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jan 19, 2018
koladebrainiac:
The CIA Report is very exhaustive on Gen. Yakubu Gowon, then Head of State; the Igbos, whose quest for an independent country called Biafra was but shortlived; the Northerners; Chief Obafemi Awolowo—leader of the Yoruba—the Army and the postwar reconciliation process

The Nigerian Civil War ended on this day in 1970 after 3 bloody years, with the Biafran enclave rejoining the Nigerian Federal Republic.

Here's the very detailed CIA (The United States Central Intelligence Agency) Official Report (May 1970) on postwar Nigeria.
Interesting.
A detailed report on Nigger-Area imbec1les grin grin

Re: Cia Declassified Report On Gen. Gowon Regime,post Civil War ( Pic) by pazienza(m): 4:41pm On Jan 19, 2018
Malawian:
Care to Comment ?

grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Cia Declassified Report On Gen. Gowon Regime,post Civil War ( Pic) by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jan 19, 2018
weather reports or not..

what will be will be..

Viva land of the rising sun. cool

1 Like

Re: Cia Declassified Report On Gen. Gowon Regime,post Civil War ( Pic) by seunmsg(m): 4:57pm On Jan 19, 2018
OAUTemitayo:

I always shy away from threads that talks about unity between Yoruba's and Igbo's because of lots of things that I have observed about them. When you see people who are too emotional rather than being pragmatic, it is always very difficult to reason with them. Even if Yoruba's form a political party and put an Igbo person forward as the party's candidate for president, they will still turn around and ridicule our effort. Nothing satisfy them. So, we really need to stop patronizing these people.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cia Declassified Report On Gen. Gowon Regime,post Civil War ( Pic) by Biety: 5:02pm On Jan 19, 2018
kettykings:

see this one mouth. Do you people think you have the monopoly of showing hatred?
Pls show us hatred and we'll pay you back in your coin, then you'll end up playing the victm card as usual. Where God pass you, everything about you igbos is in SW, under our control. Pls bring on the hatred. Awon ode.

14 Likes

Re: Cia Declassified Report On Gen. Gowon Regime,post Civil War ( Pic) by Biety: 5:07pm On Jan 19, 2018
OAUTemitayo:

please stop reminding them what we've done for them, that can't pacify them. The only thing they understand is eye for eye.
If they show you hatred, make sure you return it in double fold.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cia Declassified Report On Gen. Gowon Regime,post Civil War ( Pic) by kettykings: 5:08pm On Jan 19, 2018
Biety:
see this one mouth. Do you people think you have the monopoly of showing hatred?
Pls show us hatred and we'll pay you back in your coin, then you'll end up playing the victm card as usual. Where God pass you, everything about you igbos is in SW, under our control. Pls bring on the hatred. Awon ode.

This does not warrant insults , like i told the other poster , lets just wait and see , i have not opened my mouth to insult anyone so apply the same level of discretion please

3 Likes

Re: Cia Declassified Report On Gen. Gowon Regime,post Civil War ( Pic) by horsepower101: 5:10pm On Jan 19, 2018
Malawian:
Care to Comment ?

Notice how they all ignored that line which proves that it was Gowon that dissolved the regional system by illegal and unconstitutional state creation.

5 Likes

Re: Cia Declassified Report On Gen. Gowon Regime,post Civil War ( Pic) by Biety: 5:12pm On Jan 19, 2018
kettykings:

This does not warrant insults , like i told the other poster , lets just wait and see , i have not opened my mouth to insult anyone so apply the same level of discretion please
no one is insulting you dude, we are only begging you to bring on the hatred.

2 Likes

Re: Cia Declassified Report On Gen. Gowon Regime,post Civil War ( Pic) by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jan 19, 2018
Biety:
no one is insulting you dude, we are only begging you to bring on the hatred.
like this abi grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ugwuanyi: We Have Appropriated ₦3.4 Billion For SME Industries In 17 LGAs / Niger Delta Ex-militants Riot in Bayelsa / Biafra: Owerri Grounded By IPOB Protest; Okorocha Devastated! HAPPENINGNOW (pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.