Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,341 members, 7,826,352 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

Cia Declassified Report On Gen. Gowon Regime,post Civil War ( Pic) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cia Declassified Report On Gen. Gowon Regime,post Civil War ( Pic) (7149 Views)

(video) Maj. Gen. Gowon Arrives Port Harcourt Tour Towns Recaptured From Biafra / Akinrinade 80th Birthday: Post Civil War Video Of Lt. General Akinrinade / CIA Declassified Information: Buhari’s Nepotism And Appointment Pattern (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cia Declassified Report On Gen. Gowon Regime,post Civil War ( Pic) by EarthXmetahuman: 5:27pm On Jan 19, 2018
seunmsg:

I always shy away from thread that talks about unity between Yoruba's and Igbo's because of lots of things I have observed about then. When you see people who are too emotional rather than pragmatic, it is always very difficult to reason with then. Even if Yoruba's form a political party and put an Igbo person forward as the party's candidate for president, they will still turn around and ridicule our effort. Nothing satisfy them. So, we really need to stop patronizing these people.
gbammm

1 Like

Re: Cia Declassified Report On Gen. Gowon Regime,post Civil War ( Pic) by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jan 19, 2018
Where's the 2nd page? @koladebraniac
Re: Cia Declassified Report On Gen. Gowon Regime,post Civil War ( Pic) by zendy: 6:10pm On Jan 19, 2018
OAUTemitayo:
Can you see...
The Yorubas welcomed the IBO's with open hand after the war even when they were rejected by the Rivers and Bendel people.
And yet they still hate us like mad.

You people are welcoming people who were fighting to go their way?

You Yorubas dont get it. What the Igbos wanted was not your welcoming hand. What they wanted was to go their way. Igbos fought a war in other not to see anyones welcoming hands.

2 Likes

Re: Cia Declassified Report On Gen. Gowon Regime,post Civil War ( Pic) by Chukazu: 6:18pm On Jan 19, 2018
OAUTemitayo:
Can you see...
The Yorubas welcomed the IBO's with open hand after the war even when they were rejected by the Rivers and Bendel people.

The major resentment people of the South East had was the none return of abandoned properties to the Ibo after the civil war.

Not forgotten the #20 pounds policy

This things happened and the impact affected generations for years
Re: Cia Declassified Report On Gen. Gowon Regime,post Civil War ( Pic) by OAUTemitayo: 6:53pm On Jan 19, 2018
zendy:

You people are welcoming people who were fighting to go their way?

You Yorubas dont get it. What the Igbos wanted was not your welcoming hand. What they wanted was to go their way. Igbos fought a war in other not to see anyones welcoming hands.
Who is stop you from going?

8 Likes

Re: Cia Declassified Report On Gen. Gowon Regime,post Civil War ( Pic) by orisa37: 7:00pm On Jan 19, 2018
OAUTemitayo:
Can you see...

It's a stubborness to stab you in back. It's jealousy.
Re: Cia Declassified Report On Gen. Gowon Regime,post Civil War ( Pic) by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jan 19, 2018
Interesting. So PH was an Ibo city according to the CIA. What I picked from this release is the part the report said the non-Ibo minorities "suffered domination" under the Igbo majority Eastern Region. Nice choice of words there. They didn't suffer marginalization or neglect but they deeply loathed the domination of the Ibo in every sector. Interesting. The people in charge in Lagos were quite liberal minded,they actually made a move to reintegrate the returning Igbo population. Nice one. It's a unfortunate those kind of people are absent now,the only thing the current Yoruba elite and populace feel towards the Igbo is unbridled hate.

Que sera sera.

4 Likes

Re: Cia Declassified Report On Gen. Gowon Regime,post Civil War ( Pic) by zendy: 8:16pm On Jan 19, 2018
OAUTemitayo:

Same people who fought to bring us back last time we left
Re: Cia Declassified Report On Gen. Gowon Regime,post Civil War ( Pic) by deji17: 8:26pm On Jan 19, 2018
This CIA DECLASSIFIED report is like reading Nigeria newspaper when the event happened,with all the gossip, and particular reference to "anonymous source"

1 Like

Re: Cia Declassified Report On Gen. Gowon Regime,post Civil War ( Pic) by laudate: 10:51pm On Jan 19, 2018
iSlayer2:
Interesting. So PH was an Ibo city according to the CIA. What I picked from this release is the part the report said the non-Ibo minorities "suffered domination" under the Igbo majority Eastern Region. Nice choice of words there. They didn't suffer marginalization or neglect but they deeply loathed the domination of the Ibo in every sector. Interesting. The people in charge in Lagos were quite liberal minded,they actually made a move to reintegrate the returning Igbo population. Nice one. It's a unfortunate those kind of people are absent now,the only thing the current Yoruba elite and populace feel towards the Igbo is unbridled hate.

Que sera sera.
The CIA was trying to be politically correct at that time. The non-Igbo minorities in the SE suffered molestation, attacks and hostility from the Igbo, during the war.

Many were tagged 'saboteurs' for no just cause and persecuted by the authorities.

3 Likes

Re: Cia Declassified Report On Gen. Gowon Regime,post Civil War ( Pic) by PDJT: 11:03pm On Jan 19, 2018
Declared war on their fellow Africans in order to maintain a whiteman’s slave camp worth a paltry £865,000. Gowon the Lowlife, your death shall be celebrated.
Re: Cia Declassified Report On Gen. Gowon Regime,post Civil War ( Pic) by laudate: 11:06pm On Jan 19, 2018
PDJT:
Declared war on their fellow Africans in order to maintain a whiteman’s slave camp worth a paltry £865,000. Gowon the Lowlife, your death shall be celebrated.
Right after your own is celebrated....!!

5 Likes

Re: Cia Declassified Report On Gen. Gowon Regime,post Civil War ( Pic) by CSTR2: 11:14pm On Jan 19, 2018
OAUTemitayo:

Have you heard of python dance? The same python dance that you jubilate on
Re: Cia Declassified Report On Gen. Gowon Regime,post Civil War ( Pic) by Omololu2121: 11:40pm On Jan 19, 2018
CSTR2:

Have you heard of python dance? The same python dance that you jubilate on
do you think nnamdi KANU can try the nonsense he was doing here in the USA?

Go and learn from Catalonia and Scotland

4 Likes

Re: Cia Declassified Report On Gen. Gowon Regime,post Civil War ( Pic) by staytravel: 12:49am On Jan 20, 2018
hucienda:
Per this report: The 30-month war ended abruptly without guerrilla fights subsequently. The Gowon-led FMG at Lagos was conciliatory to the Igbo at war's end - albeit with fierce opposition. Maximum respect to General Effiong who bore the ultimate role - that neither Gowon nor Ojukwu wanted to bear - in ending the war and preventing further deaths. Imagine for a second, a soldier surrendering to his juniors at the end of a bitter war - to save lives and end the bloodshed and anarchy. IMO, General Effiong is the man that stands tall in that dark moment of our national history 1966 - 1970.

It appears the NRC's role ended 30 June 1970 - six months after the war's end.

The report written in 1970 was indeed prescient as Awolowo lost the 1979 elections.

History. That the Igbo and former eastern region pulled out of the ruins of 1970 to their current economic standing is astonishing. We are still having headache with revenue sharing formula as written in that same 1970 declassified report. Imagining what they'd have in their classified reports from 1971 to 2017.

CIA ... these Americans carry our history for fingertips and sabi us inside out.

Thanks, OP.

History is imporant, and you are right but then again this is them telling our stories. It's important that we tell our own history.
[youtube]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=463L0sbXu34[/youtube]
Re: Cia Declassified Report On Gen. Gowon Regime,post Civil War ( Pic) by Osezzua(m): 1:16am On Jan 20, 2018
ok
Re: Cia Declassified Report On Gen. Gowon Regime,post Civil War ( Pic) by SmallmebigGod: 3:47am On Jan 20, 2018
kettykings:

The Rivers and Bendel People did not Goad igbos into war by saying if by Ommission or Commission the igbos are allowed to seced that they would secede only to rejoin the Federal forces to fight igbos and recommend starvation to be used on innocent women and children.

The Rivers and Bendel people did not rub it in the face of igbos that hunger is an instrument of war.

I dont think Igbos have started hating yorubas , the Generations of Igbos who are coming after Nnamdi Kanu will be the Generation that will give it back to the people who visted real hatred on the igbo nation, The Nnamdi Kanu Generation were not versatile and ruthless in some of their activities, not that i support them.
So the igbos need Yoruba to secede so that their secession can work, that moment they realized that, they would have halted the plan, the main goal of secession is to show the world you can stand alone as a country

5 Likes

Re: Cia Declassified Report On Gen. Gowon Regime,post Civil War ( Pic) by tonytony208(m): 4:17am On Jan 20, 2018
kettykings:

The Rivers and Bendel People did not Goad igbos into war by saying if by Ommission or Commission the igbos are allowed to seced that they would secede only to rejoin the Federal forces to fight igbos and recommend starvation to be used on innocent women and children.

The Rivers and Bendel people did not rub it in the face of igbos that hunger is an instrument of war.

I dont think Igbos have started hating yorubas , the Generations of Igbos who are coming after Nnamdi Kanu will be the Generation that will give it back to the people who visted real hatred on the igbo nation, The Nnamdi Kanu Generation were not versatile and ruthless in some of their activities, not that i support them.

So, your backward mind tells you the yorubas will be waiting for you to show them hatred? While the generations of igbos coming would be immersing themselves in hatred, the Yoruba's would have gone far economically beyond the myopic foolishness of your tribe.

6 Likes

Re: Cia Declassified Report On Gen. Gowon Regime,post Civil War ( Pic) by mabea: 7:02am On Jan 20, 2018
laudate:

The CIA was trying to be politically correct at that time. The non-Igbo minorities in the SE suffered molestation, attacks and hostility from the Igbo, during the war.

Many were tagged 'saboteurs' for no just cause and persecuted by the authorities.
Young man i have noticed that you only have a voice whenever igbo threads are raised it's very clear how much you hate the igbos. Not that it matters though.

1 Like

Re: Cia Declassified Report On Gen. Gowon Regime,post Civil War ( Pic) by PDJT: 7:24am On Jan 20, 2018
[s]
laudate:

Right after your own is celebrated....!!
[/s]
Re: Cia Declassified Report On Gen. Gowon Regime,post Civil War ( Pic) by kettykings: 8:38am On Jan 20, 2018
tonytony208:

So, your backward mind tells you the yorubas will be waiting for you to show them hatred? While the generations of igbos coming would be immersing themselves in hatred, the Yoruba's would have gone far economically beyond the myopic foolishness of your tribe.

you are a very big fool , for how long will i keep appealing to people that i dont want insults neither do i want to insult anyone , must you qoute me ?

It is your useless tribe that is Myopic and foolish Awon Ode
Re: Cia Declassified Report On Gen. Gowon Regime,post Civil War ( Pic) by Nobody: 8:44am On Jan 20, 2018
mabea:
Young man i have noticed that you only have a voice whenever igbo threads are raised it's very clear how much you hate the igbos. Not that it matters though.
laudate wants to build a career on the basis of Igbo-phobia grin grin
Re: Cia Declassified Report On Gen. Gowon Regime,post Civil War ( Pic) by laudate: 12:44am On Jan 21, 2018
mabea:
I have made more than 10,000 posts on NL. Did you do a content analysis of each one, to find out if it was related to an Igbo issue, or not? Why do people like you enjoy playing the victim card? What makes you think that everyone hates your tribe? I don't hate Igbos. I only hate the IPOB crew and their ilk, who spew hate-filled speeches and bile against other ethnic groups. Hope that clarifies the issue. Now run along, and go to sleep little toddler. It is way past your bedtime.

4 Likes

Re: Cia Declassified Report On Gen. Gowon Regime,post Civil War ( Pic) by laudate: 12:48am On Jan 21, 2018
imhotep:
laudate wants to build a career on the basis of Igbo-phobia grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Cia Declassified Report On Gen. Gowon Regime,post Civil War ( Pic) by mabea: 7:16am On Jan 21, 2018
laudate:

I have made more than 10,000 posts on NL. Did you do a content analysis of each one, to find out if it was related to an Igbo issue, or not? Why do people like you enjoy playing the victim card? What makes you think that everyone hates your tribe? I don't hate Igbos. I only hate the IPOB crew and their ilk, who spew hate-filled speeches and bile against other ethnic groups. Hope that clarifies the issue. Now run along, and go to sleep little toddler. It is way past your bedtime.
Same as others, always playing the IPOB cards still their words sell them out. To you every Igbo is IPOB. Not joining issues with you still.
Re: Cia Declassified Report On Gen. Gowon Regime,post Civil War ( Pic) by VolvoS60(m): 8:16am On Jan 21, 2018
Interesting.

When will Nigerians ever get to see declassified reports (however brief) by our own intel agencies on the goings on in other countries?

Or will the argument be made that such reports should not be seen by the general public for so-called "security reasons"? undecided

This country keeps embassies (with defence/military attaches) and trade missions in several countries (friends and foes alike) and it maintains them at great cost. I presume there are also personnel who for years have been entrusted with the task of gathering intel on the goings on in these countries. Where are the results and reports from the intel gathered and how have they been used to advance this country's interests?

Where is the work done by the defunct NSO, the NIA, etc.? Or they exist just to increase our stock of 3 letter acronyms? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Cia Declassified Report On Gen. Gowon Regime,post Civil War ( Pic) by laudate: 3:48pm On Jan 21, 2018
mabea:
Same as others, always playing the IPOB cards still their words sell them out. To you every Igbo is IPOB. Not joining issues with you still.
I know every Igbo is not IPOB. I have Igbo friends and relatives, so I can tell the difference. Now answer my last question: Did you do a content analysis of each of my posts which are over 10,000 on NL, to find out if it was related to an Igbo issue, or not? Why do people like you enjoy playing the victim card? A simple yes or no, would do. No need for long story.

1 Like

Re: Cia Declassified Report On Gen. Gowon Regime,post Civil War ( Pic) by laudate: 3:58pm On Jan 21, 2018
SmallmebigGod:
So the igbos need Yoruba to secede so that their secession can work, that moment they realized that, they would have halted the plan, the main goal of secession is to show the world you can stand alone as a country

Best post of the week! cheesy May you live long! I have always asked you Yoruba people, when and where did you chaps sign the agreement to jointly secede? And after Awo went back to beg Ojukwu to jettison his secession plan, why would anyone still think that 'a joint agreement to secede,' (if ever there was one) would still have been in force?

[img]https://media./images/0478fd5cb54c681371fad551c8f2538b/tenor.gif[/img]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cia Declassified Report On Gen. Gowon Regime,post Civil War ( Pic) by laudate: 4:07pm On Jan 21, 2018
VolvoS60:
Interesting.

When will Nigerians ever get to see declassified reports (however brief) by our own intel agencies on the goings on in other countries?

Or will the argument be made that such reports should not be seen by the general public for so-called "security reasons"? undecided

This country keeps embassies (with defence/military attaches) and trade missions in several countries (friends and foes alike) and it maintains them at great cost. I presume there are also personnel who for years have been entrusted with the task of gathering intel on the goings on in these countries. Where are the results and reports from the intel gathered and how have they been used to advance this country's interests?

Where is the work done by the defunct NSO, the NIA, etc.? Or they exist just to increase our stock of 3 letter acronyms? undecided
Good question. In the old days, there used to be a publication known as Nigerian Confidential that contained snippets of such intelligence reports. The old Nigerian Security Organisation (NSO), metamorphosed into the State Security Services (SSS), before it was renamed Department of State Services (DSS), which is now regarded as the primary domestic intelligence agency of Nigeria.

But from what I see now, there has been a failure of intelligence operations in almost every sphere of our national lives. Is the dept badly funded or does it lack qualified personnel? Only God knows.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos Must Be Free! The 2023 Slogan for Lagos / Nationwide Strike Starts Tommorow / It's Official, Shekau Is Dead: Boko Haram's New Video Shows Someone Else (PIC)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.