Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,737 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

The United States Government Has Officially Shutdown - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The United States Government Has Officially Shutdown (49501 Views)

Egypt Has Officially Permanently Ditched The US Dollar / United States Government Shuts Down Again / United States Government Shut Down!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The United States Government Has Officially Shutdown by MrBONE2(m): 6:55am On Jan 20, 2018
Then United States should adopted POOHOLES POLITICS for things to move smoothlygrin
Re: The United States Government Has Officially Shutdown by dfrost: 6:55am On Jan 20, 2018
SoNature:
Look at the comments above me. This news is far beyond the intelligence of most nairalanders, hence the senseless comments grin

grin You can say that again.

4 Likes

Re: The United States Government Has Officially Shutdown by NigelCundy: 6:55am On Jan 20, 2018
Get a standard website for just 7k. Quote me with your email address
Re: The United States Government Has Officially Shutdown by Nobody: 6:56am On Jan 20, 2018
DavSagacity:
When will it be Nigeria's turn.. When will it be Nigeria's turn..

9ja has been on sleep mode since God knows when
Re: The United States Government Has Officially Shutdown by MAJORBANKZ(m): 6:56am On Jan 20, 2018
ayam not understanding can someone put me through

2 Likes

Re: The United States Government Has Officially Shutdown by Kophschmerzen: 6:56am On Jan 20, 2018
It's a drumpf shutdown, only a useless party that controls the presidency, Senate and house would blame the other party for it own shutdown. Shame on Mitch McConnell, shame on Ryan Paul and drumpf. The GOP should brace up for a bluewave in midterms 18. We gonna vote em all out to there retirement.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The United States Government Has Officially Shutdown by bestman09(m): 6:57am On Jan 20, 2018
OK
Re: The United States Government Has Officially Shutdown by mrkings84(m): 6:58am On Jan 20, 2018
Which kind article be this
I hurriedly read it but I can't just understand, abeg make i try cool down read aml again....

1 Like

Re: The United States Government Has Officially Shutdown by tomdon(m): 6:58am On Jan 20, 2018
designVATExcel:
Democrats keep politicising everything and the republicans unfortunately can't unite.

Democrats have nothing to do with this
Republicans have majority in the Senate and the house.. they don't need the Democrats

1 Like

Re: The United States Government Has Officially Shutdown by dfrost: 6:58am On Jan 20, 2018
DavSagacity:
When will it be Nigeria's turn.. When will it be Nigeria's turn..

It can never be Nigeria's turn. We practice a system of returning favour, family ties and stomach infrastructure. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: The United States Government Has Officially Shutdown by Shayneward1: 6:59am On Jan 20, 2018
AdolfHitlerxXx:
Very few people understand this article

I am the only one thus far to admit I don't.

Reminds me of GRE essays

The congress has declined to fund the executive arm of government which means basically everybody is on strike from the white house to the military.

5 Likes

Re: The United States Government Has Officially Shutdown by Nobody: 7:00am On Jan 20, 2018
America to shut down govt is an understatement. There economy alone is stronger than there govt. Let it be shut down for all I care,the dollar is still against the naira. As for Nigeria,they are already shut down since time immemorial.
Re: The United States Government Has Officially Shutdown by pawesome(m): 7:01am On Jan 20, 2018
GetUmad:
It's nothing new. Nigeria has been shut down totally since year 2015.

Ask Nigerians how they survive till date. They'd tell you it's mysterious.

They're invited for a crash course on survival.
take am easy na bros
Re: The United States Government Has Officially Shutdown by Nobody: 7:02am On Jan 20, 2018
SoNature:
Look at the comments above me. This news is far beyond the intelligence of most nairalanders, hence the senseless comments grin

Even you won't understand this topic unless maybe u read the full gist elsewhere before now or you quickly did a background check. The source didn't go into details, so it would be hard for an outsider to grab the contentious issues here

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The United States Government Has Officially Shutdown by naijapips04: 7:03am On Jan 20, 2018
Democrats are damn dumb. They choose the welfare and wellbeing of illegal immigrants over their own kids, military officers and first responders.

Putting a non budget argument in a budget proposal. Dumb democrats. They are going to lose big on this.

3 Likes

Re: The United States Government Has Officially Shutdown by symbianDON(m): 7:03am On Jan 20, 2018
Americans are lucky na..their government shutdown....ours shut up!

4 Likes

Re: The United States Government Has Officially Shutdown by ikdaddy01(m): 7:03am On Jan 20, 2018
Is there a difference between our confused Bubu and Dz one in Washington?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The United States Government Has Officially Shutdown by TinaAnita(f): 7:03am On Jan 20, 2018
Idongerit.....
Re: The United States Government Has Officially Shutdown by Kophschmerzen: 7:04am On Jan 20, 2018
naijapips04:
Democrats are damn dumb. They choose the welfare and wellbeing of illegal immigrants over their own kids, military officers and first responders.

Putting a non budget argument in a budget proposal. Dumb democrats. They are going to lose big on this.

Bullsh1t..
Re: The United States Government Has Officially Shutdown by naijapips04: 7:05am On Jan 20, 2018
Kophschmerzen:
It's a drumpf shutdown, only a useless party that controls the presidency, Senate and house would blame the other party for it own shutdown. Shame on Mitch McConnell, shame on Ryan Paul and drumpf. The GOP should brace up for a bluewave in midterms 18. We gonna vote em all out to there retirement.

Shut your pit hole. Republican only have 51 votes and need 9 more votes from democrats to pass the budget. Democrats are the unruly ones here by making illegal immigration part of a budgeting proposal.

2 Likes

Re: The United States Government Has Officially Shutdown by seunakin231(m): 7:05am On Jan 20, 2018
Atleast the senators aren't the sleeping once...they know what the people wants...

1 Like

Re: The United States Government Has Officially Shutdown by naijapips04: 7:06am On Jan 20, 2018
Kophschmerzen:

Bullsh1t..

American are going to see what truly the democratic party represents. Gay marriages, Pot legalisation, Abortion, illegal immigration.

Devilish party.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The United States Government Has Officially Shutdown by Kophschmerzen: 7:07am On Jan 20, 2018
naijapips04:

Shut your pit hole. Republican only have 51 votes and need 9 more votes from democrats to pass the budget. Democrats are the unruly ones here by making illegal immigration part of a budgeting proposal.

Hey you illiterate, go check out the voting stat and come back. Stay with the tribal politics in your neck of the wood. American politics is too complex of low IQed frumpy worshipping third world loser.

4 Likes

Re: The United States Government Has Officially Shutdown by michaelbiz: 7:08am On Jan 20, 2018
mrkings84:
Which kind article be this
I hurriedly read it but I can't just understand, abeg make i try cool down read aml again....

comap:
i dont understand this

psalmsonovic:
I don't seem to understand well enough,
can someone explain better.

In the most simple English,
Shut down means => Disagree
More like 'nothing will move until status quo is resolved by the Executives'.

Oyinbo just like to dey use English worry pipu cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The United States Government Has Officially Shutdown by samhay: 7:08am On Jan 20, 2018
tomdon:

Democrats have nothing to do with this
Republicans have majority in the Senate and the house.. they don't need the Democrats

They need the Democrats too, but this is a deal of give and take.

Give us Wat we want for the Dreamers and we gv u funding for running d government and border security

Republicans according to Senate Majority leader don't even knw what there want, they are expecting direction from the President.

Since trump does not want DACA, Democrats are not ready to vote YES

7 Likes

Re: The United States Government Has Officially Shutdown by kbzee11(m): 7:09am On Jan 20, 2018
So what has Trump been ruling....Empty America. I still don't understand oh... Pls for those who understand.. Pls pls more explanation... Thank you .....undecided

Re: The United States Government Has Officially Shutdown by naijapips04: 7:09am On Jan 20, 2018
Kophschmerzen:

Hey you illiterate, go check out the voting stat and come back. Stay with the tribal politics in your neck of the wood. American politics is too complex of low IQed frumpy worshipping third world loser.

Lol. How many republican senators are there? How many senate votes are needed to pass the budget. Answer these and we continue from there, mor.on

4 Likes

Re: The United States Government Has Officially Shutdown by BENARI: 7:10am On Jan 20, 2018
For the first time in almost a year, I slept and woke up with Nepa light. Thank God the weather was Clement.

I just hope America has not shutdown our power grid.

1 Like

Re: The United States Government Has Officially Shutdown by naijapips04: 7:11am On Jan 20, 2018
Kophschmerzen:

And majority of we Americans want legalization of all these why you third world hungry faced loser support a prostitutes rocking, pussy grabbing, three marriage, lying, racist, no knowledge on government policy loser. You are the anti thesis morrafucckker in saner climes idiots like you would be donated to the gods of common sense.

grin common sense gay pot smoker...now that makes sense

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Robert Mugabe Sleeping At A World Conference (Photos) / Iran Shoots Down US Drone Aircraft / 92nd Birthday Cake Robert Mugabe Got From His Staff This Morning (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.