Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,753 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

6 Groups Of People Most Likely To Contract HIV In Nigeria - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 6 Groups Of People Most Likely To Contract HIV In Nigeria (51948 Views)

Akeredolu: 124,817 Pregnant Women Living With HIV In Ondo / People With Type A Blood Likely To Contract Coronavirus Than People With Type O / Transformation Photos Of A Lady Living With HIV In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Groups Of People Most Likely To Contract HIV In Nigeria by Laymanslanguage: 6:10pm On Jan 20, 2018
Newshelm:
The National Agency for the Control of AIDS, has stated that Nigerian security operatives are among six groups with the highest risk of the HIV according to statistics.

The NACA Director-General, Dr. Sani Aliyu, said according to the Integrated Biological and Behavioural Surveillance Survey, the six group of people most likely to contract the virus in the country are:

1. soldiers
2. policemen
3. female sex workers
4. homosexuals
5. transport workers
6. drug addicts.
7. University students
http://www.newshelmng.com/2018/01/6-groups-of-people-most-likely-to.html

Re: 6 Groups Of People Most Likely To Contract HIV In Nigeria by godwon01(m): 6:17pm On Jan 20, 2018
Of course Doctors and nurses are liable to contact the disease. Very promiscuous indeed..
Re: 6 Groups Of People Most Likely To Contract HIV In Nigeria by collinschisani13(m): 6:54pm On Jan 20, 2018
Newshelm:
The National Agency for the Control of AIDS, has stated that Nigerian security operatives are among six groups with the highest risk of the HIV according to statistics.

The NACA Director-General, Dr. Sani Aliyu, said according to the Integrated Biological and Behavioural Surveillance Survey, the six group of people most likely to contract the virus in the country are:

1. soldiers
2. policemen
3. female sex workers
4. homosexuals
5. transport workers
6. drug addicts.

http://www.newshelmng.com/2018/01/6-groups-of-people-most-likely-to.html

so true! Most uniform personel are Randy and promiscuous.
Re: 6 Groups Of People Most Likely To Contract HIV In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jan 20, 2018
IdeyFindWife:

If the above is actually true as stated then you have great cause for thanksgiving. I once boarded an interstate night trip where our driver had spent his day with a prostitute.

Mehn, the guy fell asleep on the wheels. He would have surely driven us into the path of a truck if not for the vigilance of one of us who raised alarm!
Lol, hez prolly a 'clean driver' who doesn't use substance.
Every night trip I have made, the drivers take 'stuffs' to keep them awake. From alcohol shots to kola to what have you. And when the day breaks , you'd see them with blood shot eyes.
Last last, na God dey protect us.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Groups Of People Most Likely To Contract HIV In Nigeria by spankyflex(m): 7:36pm On Jan 20, 2018
PierreDeFermath:
some Nigerians go just type before they think sha. what's your proof to back this up?
he is actually correct,there are several programs to educate sex workers on HIV and other stis,safe sex and correct and consistent use of condom,and the are very responsive to the information at their disposal.
Re: 6 Groups Of People Most Likely To Contract HIV In Nigeria by teewhizzy4real(m): 7:37pm On Jan 20, 2018
[
Re: 6 Groups Of People Most Likely To Contract HIV In Nigeria by spankyflex(m): 7:38pm On Jan 20, 2018
matrixme:
Look at the kind of mediocre information coming from the stable of the foremost government institution charged with the responsibility of controlling the disease. This is a shame.
So they are indirectly saying that the rest of the citizens can continue having indiscriminate sex as long as they stay away from the listed group?
For a disease with multiple transmission scenarios, the abokis cutting fingernails, barbers, what about careless health workers that deal with blood infusion and co? These guys are dullards.
not true though,the are actually pointing out the key drivers of the infection otherwise known as key populations.
Re: 6 Groups Of People Most Likely To Contract HIV In Nigeria by teewhizzy4real(m): 7:43pm On Jan 20, 2018
Re: 6 Groups Of People Most Likely To Contract HIV In Nigeria by teewhizzy4real(m): 7:45pm On Jan 20, 2018
[quote author=kapai post=64367152][/quote] bros must u display ur high level of stupidity in here. kini o fa insult in wat i quoted u.
Re: 6 Groups Of People Most Likely To Contract HIV In Nigeria by delishpot: 7:50pm On Jan 20, 2018
House wives nkor? The rate at which some naija men bed hop with side chicks, wives need to do HIV test every 3 months.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Groups Of People Most Likely To Contract HIV In Nigeria by SmartyPants(m): 8:35pm On Jan 20, 2018
Nasarawaboy:

And they didn't explain how they're "likely" to contact it? Numbers 3&4 need no explanation. But what of numbers 1,2,5&6?

Its rather intuitive. People who spend a lot of time away from their families, particularly those in high risk jobs tend to be sexually promiscuous. Soldiers in particular are well known for their wandering eyes.

1 Like

Re: 6 Groups Of People Most Likely To Contract HIV In Nigeria by Nygma(m): 9:07pm On Jan 20, 2018
7 Guys who go in raw
Re: 6 Groups Of People Most Likely To Contract HIV In Nigeria by alklas(m): 9:34pm On Jan 20, 2018
Mek una go infect dem unasef na
Re: 6 Groups Of People Most Likely To Contract HIV In Nigeria by soniabrenda(f): 11:16pm On Jan 20, 2018
What about musicians?
Re: 6 Groups Of People Most Likely To Contract HIV In Nigeria by lebete3000: 2:06am On Jan 21, 2018
donestk:
Nigerian ladies love military weddings grin

Really? shocked
Re: 6 Groups Of People Most Likely To Contract HIV In Nigeria by Aurelius1(m): 3:49am On Jan 21, 2018
kevoh:
You would get HIV if you don't use protection irrespective of your sexual orientation and preferences. This list is junk! angry angry
True
Re: 6 Groups Of People Most Likely To Contract HIV In Nigeria by tuk2ato(m): 5:12am On Jan 21, 2018
Occupations that involves frequent travelling, deployment & redeployment are high risk factors. These people will usually have multiple partners across different locations they sojourn to. Also towns that are terminus and connecting to many other destinations have high HIV prevalence. e.g Saki and Oyo towns. That explains 1,2,5 &6. However I am surprised hairdressers are not included in the list.
Nasarawaboy:

And they didn't explain how they're "likely" to contact it? Numbers 3&4 need no explanation. But what of numbers 1,2,5&6?
Re: 6 Groups Of People Most Likely To Contract HIV In Nigeria by tuk2ato(m): 5:17am On Jan 21, 2018
Nope. M2M gays hardly protection, their intercourse most always come with tear,hence the risk of contraction. Drug addicts share syringes and needles. My little experience confirms the list.
Aurelius1:
True
Re: 6 Groups Of People Most Likely To Contract HIV In Nigeria by tuk2ato(m): 5:21am On Jan 21, 2018
Nope. M2M gays hardly use protection, their intercourse most always come with tear,hence the risk of contraction. Drug addicts share syringes and needles. My little experience confirms the list.
Aurelius1:
True

1 Like

Re: 6 Groups Of People Most Likely To Contract HIV In Nigeria by nick50(m): 7:47am On Jan 21, 2018
U forgot to mention lesbians cos to me I think they should be on d number one spot here
Re: 6 Groups Of People Most Likely To Contract HIV In Nigeria by kapai(m): 5:29pm On Jan 21, 2018
Thank God for internet if not,wonder what supposed grownup would be here feeling funky cos of free MB
teewhizzy4real:
bros must u display ur high level of stupidity in here. kini o fa insult in wat i quoted u.
Re: 6 Groups Of People Most Likely To Contract HIV In Nigeria by SilvanusII(m): 8:15pm On Jan 21, 2018
Nasarawaboy:

Nassarawa I won't be surprised u r muslim AND hausa. For all y'all fake piety, na una dey top HIV case. Sheep
Re: 6 Groups Of People Most Likely To Contract HIV In Nigeria by teewhizzy4real(m): 9:45pm On Jan 21, 2018
[quote author=kapai post=64394820][/quote] lolssss now i can see dat u a first class oponu.... free mb indeed.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Painful Growth At The Back Of My Neck (Graphic Photo) / 10 Ways To Protect Yourself And Family From The Coronavirus / How To Cure Premature expulsion And Satisfy Your Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.