Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,302 members, 7,815,547 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home (95405 Views)

Man, Wife, Sister Die In Bauchi Auto Crash While Returning Home After Voting / Couple Die While Returning Home From Their Wedding (Photo) / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by Konquest: 2:09am On Jan 24, 2018
Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jan 24, 2018
Zykod:

Been a while my lady, this is me @ If you are a Tech person in IT .. then think of a Finance or Investment based Training or Trade certification to go with it. FINTECH is a new area.. worth a try
Can i PM you to tak about the aforementioned?

already on it.. CIIA, CFA and Financial Engineering Masters.. I figured the curriculum are closely-related

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by ogbonti: 10:46am On Feb 03, 2018
Bollinger:

Guy, why you mumu like dis na? Are we talking about illegal aliens? Obviously, if you came in illegally, the law does not apply to you. And bros, I am an expert on US matters as you call it.

I am a naturalized US citizen, confam, no dulling
Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by londoner: 4:45pm On Feb 03, 2018
justwise:

I don't have a single friend who lives in poverty or struggling to have something to eat.

When you leave Nigeria to any country with the wrong paper you will struggle to survive. When you leave above your income you will struggle.

When you are lazy to work even with the right paper you will struggle. If you don't have strong source of income why having too many kids or renting an expensive accommodation?

Exactly, it is only those here illegally or ones without a job that suffer and even then the government pays for rent and food for the unemployed that are legal.

I don't know anyone in abject poverty. Some people in London do visit food banks but it's a small minority and mostly Whites probably.

It's the 'hustlers' that are struggling, especially the African ones because they have to get work off the books, same in America.

Many people born and raised in London are looking towards Nigeria and Ghana because of the potential there. They are British and they can always go back if Nigeria doesn't work out.

8 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by londoner: 4:52pm On Feb 03, 2018
brownlord:

The real reason your uncles in America are not coming back home is because they are illegal immigrant in the US, if they live they will be grounded in Nigeria. The once in Europe and Asia comes home regularly because they have papers.

It's way cheaper to go from London for example to Nigeria and it's only six hours to Lagos or slightly longer to Abuja.

Last time I paid £400 return to ABJ, time before was £358. It is very doable.

It's also the same time zone.

Americans do return on holidays just less often.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by Nobody: 3:58am On Feb 20, 2018
livebynite:

Okay sir

But all I am saying is, stop the cheap petty lies it makes you look ridiculous!

You have never ever been to USA period !!

Watching DStv judiciously doesn't give an iota of the real feelings of walking down crenshaw and seeing hot honnies smile at you then you realize for the first time that Nigeria is the lowest of lowest pits of hell

Cruising down the boulevard.

Awon eyan Veronicas Kitchen grin
Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by vaxx: 9:34pm On Mar 10, 2018
Bollinger:

Define "made it". The problem with Nigerian is money is you all's god. Don't get me wrong. Money is important but the way you people treat it is the reason for you problems as a people.
Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 12:42pm On Mar 21, 2018
Home sweet home. No place like home. No matter the years of sojourn, you still feel at home and happy to be loved by yours whenever you are around.
Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by Nobody: 7:19pm On Mar 21, 2018
Come back Home.. let your delusion be washed clean off your face with immediate alacrity and somber thinking grin grin coming back ko coming back ni

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by marylandcakes: 11:34am On Mar 23, 2018
CofOLandOfPeace:
Home sweet home. No place like home. No matter the years of sojourn, you still feel at home and happy to be loved by yours whenever you are around.

You are right to some extent but when home is like the wild Wild West, it’s much better to stay put and fantasise about how perfect home could have been.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by Nostradamus: 10:50pm On Oct 01, 2018
GavelSlam:

Go to Brooklyn and see dog-sized rats on the roads.
bros you don reach there before??ordinary kenya sef best naija shithole.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by GavelSlam: 10:54pm On Oct 01, 2018
Nostradamus:
bros you don reach there before??ordinary kenya sef best naija shithole.

I'm talking from experience.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by Ugosample(m): 12:30am On Dec 09, 2018
benben1000:
The fact is most Nigerians who go to Europe and Asia end up coming back. But US, Canada and Australia? Lie lie...rarely. America nah the worst. If your brother dey go America especially at a young age " teens and 20s" tell him bye like you will never see him again. I say that because all my uncles that went to America, not one out of 7 have come back home. 3 that went to Europe and Asia, come back regularly. That said, the ones in America send money regularly. They just don't want anything to do with the shithole, meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehn. I spoke to one of them yesterday, asked him when are you coming back it's been 29 yrs, he kept saying "I ain't coming back to that shithole, God damn that shithole. Trump keeping it real, meeehn." LOL.

This guy issa clown LMAO cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by Ugosample(m): 12:33am On Dec 09, 2018
philip0906:

It's not really about people assuming they know what they are doing because they come from up town. I have a friend who's friend was course mate with a sitting governor's son in the UK. He's back to Nigeria now and already has picked up a massive job in Abuja.His father is also wealthy.

You see Nigeria, the rich and wealthy run the country. They have squeezed out the lower class and even the middle class. The money keeps revolving around them. Is it a coincidence that while many youths are screaming about leaving the country and are complaining about no jobs et al, that these ones are planning to come back home? No. You think they would come back and join the labor market moving around with worn out shoes,praying and fasting to get a job or opportunity of 50,000? These guys from up town have built solid links, have solid backing or their parentshave built it already for them.

This country is filled with opportunities,but the elite run the show. If you want to get a MEANINGFUL job, win MASSIVE contracts, you have to be part of them. They want to know who you are, who your father is, which university outside the country is your alma mata. Your profile basically.
There are those who have gotten great jobs and massive contracts as nobodies or without any connections, but the possibility of an outsider getting in is a single digit %. As the country gets tougher and harder, the rich tighten the nozzle and opportunities become more scarce for those outside their circle.

you have said it all
Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by Ugosample(m): 12:35am On Dec 09, 2018
GavelSlam:

They have their problems too.

Go to Brooklyn and see dog-sized rats on the roads.
All countries have problems

But a dullard run country is in a more problematic state than a country run by others; D

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by Ugosample(m): 12:37am On Dec 09, 2018
Mskrisx:

U just a clown cheesy grin grin
adey tell you
big clown
Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by Ugosample(m): 12:42am On Dec 09, 2018
justwise:

What is your definition of 'made it'?
That's a good question
Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by Ugosample(m): 12:48am On Dec 09, 2018
Xeedorf:

You called your fatherland a shithole? It's unfortunate!
it is what it is....

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by Ugosample(m): 12:58am On Dec 09, 2018
dumodust:

3rd class citizen treatment? are you serious? the amount of racism and discrimination i habe seen in nigeria is much worse... it is so blatant and even part of our culture. you can never completely feel at home outside your village because the indigenes will always show themselves

you have a strong point
Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by Ugosample(m): 2:16am On Dec 09, 2018
ShawttySoFyne:

This country is filled with opportunities,but the elite run the show. If you want to get a MEANINGFUL job, win MASSIVE contracts, you have to be part of them. They want to know who you are, who your father is, which university outside the country is your alma mata. Your profile basically.
There are those who have gotten great jobs and massive contracts as nobodies or without any connections, but the possibility of an outsider getting in is a single digit %. As the country gets tougher and harder, the rich tighten the nozzle and opportunities become more scarce for those outside their circle.

You also have a strong point
Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by Ugosample(m): 2:25am On Dec 09, 2018
Sharonose:
thanks jor....my family friend was working and creating a decent future for himself in uk...but he always wanted to come back to naija because of the naija Instagram slayer he was seeing'he wanted to come slay too in naija...just 2weeks of arrival,he died of food poison..still can't get over it ..

you dont mean it

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by Ugosample(m): 2:30am On Dec 09, 2018
livebynite:

smh

like i said too much tv. let me educate you, when you here people talk the projects they mean places like red hook , van dyke etc, these are ghetto projects yet they are far far better than you ikoyi towers and barbeach towers, with better facilities and such. Its the black population there and the black on black crime rates which are very high that make these places classified as slums, not that they are as dirty as surulere, ikorodu, victoris island etc.

Nigeria is a huge dirty, filthy slum with dirty streets, filthy cities, no health care system, no laws for women and children, no security etc.

Where do you start comparing Nigeria to USA? I grew up ingersoll projects and i can tell you a so called graduate who has a good job here is just living an average life.

What can you say is your security as a citizen? do you have a mortgage that assures you will own a home in say 20 years? can you get a decent car apart from the Knock off models KIA and Hyundau sell to you guys? for your information the Kia cerato and all model s you buy here are not the same they sell in America. take any Hyundai or Kia car brand new copy down the model number then go and look at the exact model number sold in america. you will weep!! what they sell to you guys are death traps called cars.\
Same with all brand new LG Products, take any tv model you buy brandnew here, go and look at the same model sold in America. this happens with lots of comoanies, why? because Nigeria is a dirty filthy dump

the country is in dire straits
Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by AfonjaBoston: 2:13pm On Dec 09, 2018
livebynite:

smh

because Nigeria is a dirty filthy dump

Son why don't you SHUT YOUR GUTTER EBONICS BRAIN UP?

If Nigeria is too dirty just pack and go back
Oh wannabe nigga cannot. you have been deported.

Cool down kid Enjoy Nigeria its your fatherland nobody will deport you here.if you misbehave again you will only have our ruthless police to deal with at their filthy stations

Real talk. Take a deep breath and CALM DOWN
Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by AfonjaBoston: 2:19pm On Dec 09, 2018
Xeedorf:

You called your fatherland a shithole? It's unfortunate!

You dey mind those frustrated idiots
Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by Ugosample(m): 12:34am On Sep 16, 2019
philip0906:

It's not really about people assuming they know what they are doing because they come from up town. I have a friend who's friend was course mate with a sitting governor's son in the UK. He's back to Nigeria now and already has picked up a massive job in Abuja.His father is also wealthy.

You see Nigeria, the rich and wealthy run the country. They have squeezed out the lower class and even the middle class. The money keeps revolving around them. Is it a coincidence that while many youths are screaming about leaving the country and are complaining about no jobs et al, that these ones are planning to come back home? No. You think they would come back and join the labor market moving around with worn out shoes,praying and fasting to get a job or opportunity of 50,000? These guys from up town have built solid links, have solid backing or their parentshave built it already for them.

You have said nothing but the truth
Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by Ugosample(m): 12:35am On Sep 16, 2019
AfonjaBoston:

Son why don't you SHUT YOUR GUTTER EBONICS BRAIN UP?

If Nigeria is too dirty just pack and go back
Oh wannabe nigga cannot. you have been deported.

Cool down kid Enjoy Nigeria its your fatherland nobody will deport you here.if you misbehave again you will only have our ruthless police to deal with at their filthy stations

Real talk. Take a deep breath and CALM DOWN

are you seriously in denial of the fact that Nigeria is a $hithole country?

wow shocked
Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by Lilly234(f): 9:45pm On Oct 07, 2019
philip0906:

You are right...
Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by Konquest: 11:27am On Jul 18, 2021
Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by IbeOkehie: 11:34am On Nov 03, 2023
AnanseK:

Buhari bringing back the pride of the nation. Wailers go hug a transformer.

It's so interesting 🤔 to read posts like this, 5 or 7 years later. Nigerians are an interesting lot, really!

grin

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Shows Impressive Transformation Years After He Relocated Abroad / The Strid At Bolton Abbey In UK Is One Of The World Most Dangerous Places (Pix) / Lockdown: 3rd Mainland Bridge Today's Morning (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.