Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,265 members, 7,954,033 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:12 AM

Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home (96747 Views)

Man, Wife, Sister Die In Bauchi Auto Crash While Returning Home After Voting / Couple Die While Returning Home From Their Wedding (Photo) / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by livebynite: 8:22pm On Jan 21, 2018
GavelSlam:

I am very sure you don't Hen.

Just to let you know.

The Hen is no mistake.
Like I said you are a delusional kid and a wanna be

Just stay off and work hard

Trying to quote my name ain't nothing kiddo I am.well known and we'll established. But can you say the same for yourself?

Wanna be ? Stop watching TV and living a make believe life

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by GavelSlam: 8:28pm On Jan 21, 2018
livebynite:

Like I said you are a delusional kid and a wanna be

Just stay off and work hard

Trying to quote my name ain't nothing kiddo I am.well known and we'll established. But can you say the same for yourself?

Wanna be ? Stop watching TV and living a make believe life

Big Hen you jump to conclusions too quickly.

You should know better than this.

But for privacy, I would have made an attempt to convince you.

In any case, I have stayed over in Brooklyn.

Somewhere on Malcolm X Blvd.

It's not a thing of pride.

You and I both know Brooklyn's a poor neighbourhood.

Even Bed-Stuy but for gentrification that whole place is a slum.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by livebynite: 3:37am On Jan 22, 2018
GavelSlam:

Big Hen you jump to conclusions too quickly.

You should know better than this.

But for privacy, I would have made an attempt to convince you.

In any case, I have stayed over in Brooklyn.

Somewhere on Malcolm X Blvd.

It's not a thing of pride.

You and I both know Brooklyn's a poor neighbourhood.

Even Bed-Stuy but for gentrification that whole place is a slum.

smh

like i said too much tv. let me educate you, when you here people talk the projects they mean places like red hook , van dyke etc, these are ghetto projects yet they are far far better than you ikoyi towers and barbeach towers, with better facilities and such. Its the black population there and the black on black crime rates which are very high that make these places classified as slums, not that they are as dirty as surulere, ikorodu, victoris island etc.

Nigeria is a huge dirty, filthy slum with dirty streets, filthy cities, no health care system, no laws for women and children, no security etc.

Where do you start comparing Nigeria to USA? I grew up ingersoll projects and i can tell you a so called graduate who has a good job here is just living an average life.

What can you say is your security as a citizen? do you have a mortgage that assures you will own a home in say 20 years? can you get a decent car apart from the Knock off models KIA and Hyundau sell to you guys? for your information the Kia cerato and all model s you buy here are not the same they sell in America. take any Hyundai or Kia car brand new copy down the model number then go and look at the exact model number sold in america. you will weep!! what they sell to you guys are death traps called cars.\
Same with all brand new LG Products, take any tv model you buy brandnew here, go and look at the same model sold in America. this happens with lots of comoanies, why? because Nigeria is a dirty filthy dump

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by GavelSlam: 3:41am On Jan 22, 2018
livebynite:

smh

like i said too much tv. let me educate you, when you here people talk the projects they mean places like red hook , van dyke etc, these are ghetto projects yet they are far far better than you ikoyi towers and barbeach towers, with better facilities and such. Its the black population there and the black on black crime rates which are very high that make these places classified as slums, not that they are as dirty as surulere, ikorodu, victoris island etc.

Nigeria is a huge dirty, filthy slum with dirty streets, filthy cities, no health care system, no laws for women and children, no security etc.

Where do you start comparing Nigeria to USA? I grew up ingersoll projects and i can tell you a so called graduate who has a good job here is just living an average life.

What can you say is your security as a citizen? do you have a mortgage that assures you will own a home in say 20 years? can you get a decent car apart from the Knock off models KIA and Hyundau sell to you guys? for your information the Kia cerato and all model s you buy here are not the same they sell in America. take any Hyundai or Kia car brand new copy down the model number then go and look at the exact model number sold in america. you will weep!! what they sell to you guys are death traps called cars.\
Same with all brand new LG Products, take any tv model you buy brandnew here, go and look at the same model sold in America. this happens with lots of comoanies, why? because Nigeria is a dirty filthy dump

Hen stop acting like you are talking to a kid or a novice.

I'm only indulging you but you need to quit this act.

I keep calling you Hen and you know why.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by livebynite: 3:51am On Jan 22, 2018
GavelSlam:

Hen stop acting like you are talking to a kid or a novice.

I'm only indulging you but you need to quit this act.

I keep calling you Hen and you know why.

Like i said too much TV is unhealthy and makes one think in unrealistic terms

You copied my number and went on truecaller to get my name so what dummy?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by GavelSlam: 3:59am On Jan 22, 2018
livebynite:

Like i said too much TV is unhealthy and makes one think in unrealistic terms

You copied my number and went on truecaller to get my name so what dummy?

And what does that say about privacy?

I'll tell you something.

Going to the States is not a big deal.

Been there several times .

Name it : Houston, Boston actually Framingham, Mass, Allentown Penn. New Orleans and of course NY.

Forgot to add Vegas.
Honestly can't count.

Been to lots of other places.

It's no big deal.

Maybe for some but not for me.

You seem to think you are in a peculiar position and it's totally laughable.

Until you go out you don't realise how many farms are bigger than yours.

Nuff said.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by livebynite: 7:11am On Jan 22, 2018
GavelSlam:

I'll tell you something.

Name it : Houston, Boston actually Framingham, Mass, Allentown Penn. New Orleans and of course NY.

Forgot to add Vegas.
Honestly can't count.

It's no big deal.

Nuff said.

thats what i am saying kiddo. Your whole farm is a garden to me. i am bigger than you will ever be. i live your fantasies. I am your orgasm personified.

Nuff said

3 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by Nobody: 7:41am On Jan 22, 2018
Dantedasz:
It is good to be idealistic,but when you get back to Nigeria and the harsh realities stare you in the face, nobody will tell you before you pack you luggage and head back to where you are coming from; No electricity,no jobs,no good medical health care,no security of your life and property,bad roads, assassination,armed robbery,intimidation by SARS, horrible political leadership,corruption from the airport as you arrive the country and the horrible fact that you have to give bribes to get anything done in Nigeria.
I give all these idealistic dreamers three years at the most before the harsh reality dawns on them and they run back to where they are coming from except they were illegal immigrants in the first place.
Nigeria will crush and kill your idealism and hope in the end.

I almost forgot to add the menace of Boko Haram,Niger Delta militants and Fulani herdsmen armed with AK47 guns.
God bless you for this analysis. You're in deed the true son of your father. If only God will answer my earnest prayer to leave this hell of a dungeon called Nigeria, ain't coming back any time soon.
Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by Nobody: 8:21am On Jan 22, 2018
LaEvilIMiss:
just wondering.. if you cannot make it at an environment that offers you windows of opportunities.. is it here you will make it..? Haaaaa.. village people have upgraded oooh . Hiaaan grin grin

Hahaha.. Seriously, there are no opportunities in London o. Even in Southey, so coming back home is the only option left
Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by Nobody: 8:24am On Jan 22, 2018
Godson201333:

(Imagine what US is currently doing to pple, notwithstanding they ve lived all their lives over there. Recently, a Latino was deported back to his country after living in the USA for more than 30yrs.)

The above highlighted point is what triggered argument.As long as it remain unknown, the reason why the guy got deported,We've got no reason to argue.

1) He entered illegally as a child
2) Aged out of DACA
3) Trump has directed USCIS to take deportation action against any unprotected undocumented alien

It’s scary for aliens in border states now as people are being picked up daily.

It’s real and his is not an isolated situation.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by Nobody: 8:28am On Jan 22, 2018
Godson201333:

(Imagine what US is currently doing to pple, notwithstanding they ve lived all their lives over there. Recently, a Latino was deported back to his country after living in the USA for more than 30yrs.)

The above highlighted point is what triggered argument.As long as it remain unknown, the reason why the guy got deported,We've got no reason to argue.

Let him go back home. If he didnt make good for himself in 30 years in United States, he wouldn't do well even if he was given ten additional years

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by GavelSlam: 9:30am On Jan 22, 2018
livebynite:

thats what i am saying kiddo. Your whole farm is a garden to me. i am bigger than you will ever be. i live your fantasies. I am your orgasm personified.

Nuff said

Honestly, you think highly of yourself when you've achieved squat.

I'm not used to d^ck measuring. You see, I never did juve. It ain't even a rep.

I've restrained myself and perhaps I'll continue to.

Let me know the day you get 2 rooms at the MGM and Stratosphere simultaneously.

That's when I'll give you a bye.

Tata tosser.
Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by livebynite: 12:30pm On Jan 22, 2018
GavelSlam:

Honestly, you think highly of yourself when you've achieved squat.

I'm not used to d^ck measuring. You see, I never did juve. It ain't even a rep.

I've restrained myself and perhaps I'll continue to.

Let me know the day you get 2 rooms at the MGM and Stratosphere simultaneously.

That's when I'll give you a bye.

Tata tosser.

Make believe diva, go change your tampon!

You are soft like all them caramel cupcakes at Costco...

You wouldn't last two days in the world I grew up in BK.

You are just a phony ! I came from repping the C south BK 24\7 , ran my block when you were still getting your braids done.

I worked hard for everything all my life! I had to scrub to graduate

You are here talking and famzing like you know my life

Gtfo
Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by GavelSlam: 12:35pm On Jan 22, 2018
livebynite:

Make believe diva, go change your tampon!

You are soft like all them caramel cupcakes at Costco...

You wouldn't last two days in the world I grew up in BK.

You are just a phony ! I came from repping the C south BK 24\7 , ran my block when you were still getting your braids done.

I worked hard for everything all my life! I had to scrub to graduate

You are here talking and famzing like you know my life

Gtfo

You are a complete joke man.

Complete hater.

Can't stand the fact a man is doing great .

I never lived that life of crime and angst.

That may be your thing in your little world.

For me, I'm doing just great and I couldn't ask for more.

Brooklyn is a ghetto and that's the crux of my statement.

Don't even try to play it any other way.
Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by livebynite: 1:01pm On Jan 22, 2018
GavelSlam:

You are a complete joke man.

Complete hater.

Can't stand the fact a man is doing great .

I never lived that life of crime and angst.

That may be your thing in your little world.

For me, I'm doing just great and I couldn't ask for more.

Brooklyn is a ghetto and that's the crux of my statement.

Don't even try to play it any other way.

dont care what or how you are doing, i am well placed in life and doing very well.

BK is not a ghetto, its fakers and make believe generals like you that spread such.

Nigeria is one big bucket of dung that no one cares for save the people stuck here
Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by Afam4eva(m): 1:04pm On Jan 22, 2018
livebynite:

smh

This has always been my point. The worse place is America is probably better than Nigeria's best. if you hear the way Nigerians mention places like VGC, Ikoyi, Banana Island, VI and the likes, you would think it's heaven on earth. By American standard, those places are slums. The only reason why places like the Bronx, Compton and south-side Chicago are called slums is because these places are dangerous and are filled with low income black and hispanic people.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by GavelSlam: 1:14pm On Jan 22, 2018
livebynite:

dont care what or how you are doing, i am well placed in life and doing very well.

BK is not a ghetto, its fakers and make believe generals like you that spread such.

Nigeria is one big bucket of dung that no one cares for save the people stuck here

Brooklyn may be dear to you and it's understandable but it doesn't change what it is.

I had one of my friend's from my MSc course leave NY completely for Houston and that person thanked me for it.

Don't hate the player man.
Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by livebynite: 5:24pm On Jan 22, 2018
Afam4eva:

This has always been my point. The worse place is America is probably better than Nigeria's best. if you hear the way Nigerians mention places like VGC, Ikoyi, Banana Island, VI and the likes, you would think it's heaven on earth. By American standard, those places are slums. The only reason why places like the Bronx, Compton and south-side Chicago are called slums is because these places are dangerous and are filled with low income black and hispanic people.

Well said

You nailed it 100%

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by agarawu23(m): 5:48am On Jan 23, 2018
benben1000:
The fact is most Nigerians who go to Europe and Asia end up coming back. But US, Canada and Australia? Lie lie...rarely. America nah the worst. If your brother dey go America especially at a young age " teens and 20s" tell him bye like you will never see him again. I say that because all my uncles that went to America, not one out of 7 have come back home. 3 that went to Europe and Asia, come back regularly. That said, the ones in America send money regularly. They just don't want anything to do with the shithole, meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehn. I spoke to one of them yesterday, asked him when are you coming back it's been 29 yrs, he kept saying "I ain't coming back to that shithole, God damn that shithole. Trump keeping it real, meeehn." LOL.
they are yet to get documents that can make them come and go back and that's the bitter truth.

No successful expat that won't like to visit his/her country on regular bases no matter how bad it is. They shouldn't use Nigeria palava as an excuse ,they don't have documentation to cover their trip and that's very common In US, UK, Canada and Australia.

You can't be a slave in a foreign land forever, make money and Cone back home to invest bcoz there is money In Nigeria if you move the right way.

4 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by agarawu23(m): 9:54am On Jan 23, 2018
benben1000:

Read my post again and scroll down to see my other responses. These uncles are well off; doctors, engineers and professors. Been citizens since 80s. Money is not the issue...they are extremely wealthy!
they might be under spell Or living under a sugar mummy that did their papers.

No successful expat will sit down there and won't come home unless he has nothing to show for or the person is living a lavish life over there And must also be an orphan who has no parents and relatives.

The dream of every expat abroad is to fly in and out anytime they wish, anybody that tells u Nigeria is shitt and won't come, check them well, they don't have papers or savings.

6 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jan 23, 2018
Zykod:

Hahaha.. Seriously, there are no opportunities in London o. Even in Southey, so coming back home is the only option left

You are right.. there is an unemployment problem.. but then Opportunities only favor the PREPARED. It is not just about having qualifications and dotting/crossing tees and ieyes. it is about relevant skill and work-experience (especially project-based experience) companies are hiring value not qualifications. if you can be replaced based on the level of skill you have and qualifications, then you are indispensable sooner than later cos AGE will do you a number. I have friends that are gainfully employed and also career-progression has been favorable. These days specialization is no longer a value-add. you need to have cross-field knowledge and experience. If you are a Tech person in IT .. then think of a Finance or Investment based Training or Trade certification to go with it. FINTECH is a new area.. worth a try

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by Bawss1(m): 1:03pm On Jan 23, 2018
Afam4eva:

They aren't slums by US standards, more like regular neighborhoods in some suburban area somewhere, nothing out of the ordinary. But you are correct those areas are over-hyped and overly expensive beyond reason.
Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by Afam4eva(m): 1:10pm On Jan 23, 2018
Bawss1:

They aren't slums by US standards, more like regular neighborhoods in some suburban area somewhere, nothing out of the ordinary. But you are correct those areas are over-hyped and overly expensive beyond reason.
Regular American suburbs look better than what i see in those places. They are what America calls Ghetto it's just they may not be as dangerous.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by Godson201333(m): 3:26pm On Jan 23, 2018
GavelSlam:

I'll tell you something.

Forgot to add Vegas.
Honestly can't count.

It's no big deal.

Nuff said.

This is the same argument my Rich uncle uses,I have been THERE....But you haven't lived there?

However what works for Mr A is not surely gonna work for Mr b.We all know that there is money in Nigeria for those ones that are ready to participate in corruption,bribery etc

But let us call a spade a spade,What is the essence of those money when you living below standard?

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by GavelSlam: 3:44pm On Jan 23, 2018
Godson201333:

This is the same argument my Rich uncle uses,I have been THERE....But you haven't lived there?

However what works for Mr A is not surely gonna work for Mr b.We all know that there is money in Nigeria for those ones that are ready to participate in corruption,bribery etc

But let us call a spade a spade,What is the essence of those money when you living below standard?

I may not have lived in the US but I have lived in the UK long enough to know what high standards are.

My stay in the US wasn't for a few days on some occassions. It was for months on end. I guess enough to know the local areas I stayed when I did .

Thankfully, I've seen both sides of the financial ocean.

And No, money in Nigeria isn't only for the corrupt.

We need a rethink.

Agreed there are many black holes in our communities but it's not all Lego land in the States.

Now Norway is another proposition.

Compare both nations and you'll understand what standards are.
Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by Godson201333(m): 3:46pm On Jan 23, 2018
GavelSlam:

I may not have lived in the US but I have lived in the UK long enough to know what high standards are.

My stay in the US wasn't for a few days on some occassions. It was for months on end. I guess enough to know the local areas I stayed when I did .

Thankfully, I've seen both sides of the financial ocean.

And No, money in Nigeria isn't only for the corrupt.

We need a rethink.

Agreed there are many black holes in our communities but it's not all Lego land in the States.

Now Norway is another proposition.

Compare both nations and you'll understand what standards are.

I know,Im currently living in Norway and have been to many countries so far...

Im not condemning Nigeria but how would you rate the country?going forward or backward cos i was home recently and i cant perceive any changes !

Landed at the airport in Lagos and No light.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by GavelSlam: 3:55pm On Jan 23, 2018
Godson201333:

I know,Im currently living in Norway and have been to many countries so far...

Im not condemning Nigeria but how would you rate the country?going forward or backward cos i was home recently and i cant perceive any changes !

Landed at the airport in Lagos and No light.

The country is resetting.

Believe me the power situation is improving in spite of what you suffered on arrival.

Crime is a personal thing though our society approves of it - forget all the internet condemnation.

So many of our youth have embraced crime.

We are hardly logical and we are not creative and so we suffer for that.

Nigeria is what Nigerians make of it. No singular person can change that.

Whereabouts in Norway - Trondheim, Bergen, Oslo?
Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by Godson201333(m): 4:02pm On Jan 23, 2018
GavelSlam:

The country is resetting.

Believe me the power situation is improving in spite of what you suffered on arrival.

Crime is a personal thing though our society approves of it - forget all the internet condemnation.

So many of our youth have embraced crime.

We are hardly logical and we are not creative and so we suffer for that.

Nigeria is what Nigerians make of it. No singular person can change that.

Whereabouts in Norway - Trondheim, Bergen, Oslo?

wow I like people like you bro,You love Nigeria oo,me too love Nigeria...Our country will be great again ..Im in Oslo

3 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by GavelSlam: 4:06pm On Jan 23, 2018
Godson201333:

wow I like people like you bro,You love Nigeria oo,me too love Nigeria...Our country will be great again ..Im in Oslo

Nice.

I'm actually more conversant with Bergen.

There's the city centre called Centrum or something if I remember . Had a good TGIF.

Norway is Lego land - close to Utopia only 20 degrees too cold. grin
Re: Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jan 23, 2018
LaEvilIMiss:

You are right.. there is an unemployment problem.. but then Opportunities only favor the PREPARED. It is not just about having qualifications and dotting/crossing tees and ieyes. it is about relevant skill and work-experience (especially project-based experience) companies are hiring value not qualifications. if you can be replaced based on the level of skill you have and qualifications, then you are indispensable sooner than later cos AGE will do you a number. I have friends that are gainfully employed and also career-progression has been favorable. These days specialization is no longer a value-add. you need to have cross-field knowledge and experience. If you are a Tech person in IT .. then think of a Finance or Investment based Training or Trade certification to go with it. FINTECH is a new area.. worth a try

Been a while my lady, this is me @ If you are a Tech person in IT .. then think of a Finance or Investment based Training or Trade certification to go with it. FINTECH is a new area.. worth a try

Can i PM you to tak about the aforementioned?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Abuja-kaduna Train Schedule / What I Saw While Trying To Renew My Nigerian Passport / American Wife Shows The Living Condition With Her Nigerian Husband To Her Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.