Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,224 members, 7,822,141 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

Nigerian Women Condemn Ahmed Sani Ex-zamfara Gov's Marriage To Minor, A 13-year - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Women Condemn Ahmed Sani Ex-zamfara Gov's Marriage To Minor, A 13-year (3219 Views)

Child Rape Scandal: Nigerian Women Condemn Buhari / Senator Ahmed Sani Yerima Justifies Marriage To 13-year-old Egyptian Girl. / Ahmed Sani Yarima Is A Good Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Women Condemn Ahmed Sani Ex-zamfara Gov's Marriage To Minor, A 13-year by Dabbs: 9:51am On Apr 14, 2010
Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Nigerian women condemn Ahmed Sani ex-Zamfara gov's marriage to minor, a 13-year old Egyptian girl

Criticisms continued to trail the alleged marriage of former governor of Zamfara State, Senator Ahmed Sani to a 13-year old Egyptian girl.

The former governor reportedly paid $100,000 as bride price to the parents of the minor.

But in a statement made available to our correspondent in Lokoja on Monday, the National Council of Women Societies condemned the action of the senator, describing it as shameful.

Speaking through its National President, Hajia Ramatu Usman, the umbrella women's organisation said Sani's action did not come to Nigerian women as a surprise because, according to them, many northern governors had been using religion as an excuse for not passing the Child Rights Act.

She further stated that the council had been mounting a campaign against young girls being given out for marriage at ridiculously early ages of 12 or 13 years, adding that the action was against all reasoning.

According to Usman, "Vesico vaginal fistula has been attributed to under age marriages due to the practice of early marriages in Nigeria, where young girls are given out for marriage at ridiculously early ages as 12 or 13 years. They get pregnant and when they are ready to deliver, their pelvises are so small for the babies to pass through.

"The baby gets stuck in the birth canal and in some cases dies. The baby's head wears a hole between the birth canal and the bladder (VVF) or rectum (RVF).

"So, when the dead baby is eventually delivered, the young mother is left with a dead child and she begins to drain urine and/or stool continuously. She develops sores on her skin and smells horribly from the constant drips of urine and stool on her clothes."

The body therefore advised parents to avoid giving out their under age daughters in marriage in order to check cases of this health risk, which it said is particularly common in the northern part of Nigeria.

The statement further said, "It is a shame that while we are seeking ways to view closely what pushes parents into giving out their underage daughters into early marriages, a former governor of a state is celebrating this act of child trafficking and abuse."

It also called on well-meaning Nigerians to mount pressure on northern governors to immediately commence work on the Child Rights Act.

By: Emmanuel Addeh, Lokoja
PUNCH (on the web)

Re: Nigerian Women Condemn Ahmed Sani Ex-zamfara Gov's Marriage To Minor, A 13-year by Spyker: 9:56am On Apr 14, 2010
Anything is possible in Naija. See old man marry in grand daughter mate. Shame!
The girl parents are the biggest fools that poverty have created. $100,000 my foot.
Re: Nigerian Women Condemn Ahmed Sani Ex-zamfara Gov's Marriage To Minor, A 13-year by Nobody: 10:19am On Apr 14, 2010
Paedophile
Re: Nigerian Women Condemn Ahmed Sani Ex-zamfara Gov's Marriage To Minor, A 13-year by elelem(m): 11:02am On Apr 14, 2010
And come to think that this was a man busy amputating people's limb in the name of religon
Re: Nigerian Women Condemn Ahmed Sani Ex-zamfara Gov's Marriage To Minor, A 13-year by omofat: 12:25pm On Apr 14, 2010
arrrgghhhhh! - why? why? why?
Re: Nigerian Women Condemn Ahmed Sani Ex-zamfara Gov's Marriage To Minor, A 13-year by Demdem(m): 2:48pm On Apr 14, 2010
And to think that this idiot is a senator of the federal republic aarrrrgh. So irritating angry
Re: Nigerian Women Condemn Ahmed Sani Ex-zamfara Gov's Marriage To Minor, A 13-year by techfab: 3:05pm On Apr 14, 2010
shame! dirty
Re: Nigerian Women Condemn Ahmed Sani Ex-zamfara Gov's Marriage To Minor, A 13-year by wedapeople(f): 1:23am On Apr 15, 2010
These are the people we leave to run our country. Its not surprising that the development of Nigeria is forgotten. If you spend time contemplating on indulging in these types of things. then none of us should wonder why Nigeria is neglected by the leadership we have. Install the right leadership and these things would either be eliminated or reduced drastically. Emotional outburst is ok but at the end we have the right to shape the future of our country. If we despise these type of acts, then we should move away from electing PERSONALITIES and Seek out Leadership that would spend hours and seconds of their time working on building Nigeria and Nigerians without resting. 2011 is just around the corner. I know how I am directing my energy to stop these type of activities. I will support a New and Refresh Vision for Nigeria.  I see that in the horizon . Search and ye shall find.  To you Madam Usman, go form a patrnership with this candidate at www.anewnigerianow.net. I don't believe he would stand for such a callous choice of exploiting the innocent and poor.
Re: Nigerian Women Condemn Ahmed Sani Ex-zamfara Gov's Marriage To Minor, A 13-year by shotster50(m): 1:58am On Apr 15, 2010
Pedophilia to the highest degree. To think that these men sit on a moral chair and tell other people what is wrong and right!!!
Re: Nigerian Women Condemn Ahmed Sani Ex-zamfara Gov's Marriage To Minor, A 13-year by 0hsisi: 2:08am On Apr 15, 2010
Thank God Islamic women in Nigeria are finally standing up to  these monsters and child molesters who would  rather mess with little girls they can manipulate than find grown women like those protesting this abuse.
Men with low self esteem.
Re: Nigerian Women Condemn Ahmed Sani Ex-zamfara Gov's Marriage To Minor, A 13-year by spoilt(f): 2:13am On Apr 15, 2010
A thirteen year old

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
What planet are these guys from
Re: Nigerian Women Condemn Ahmed Sani Ex-zamfara Gov's Marriage To Minor, A 13-year by Beaf: 2:18am On Apr 15, 2010
elelem:

And come to think that this was a man busy amputating people's limb in the name of religon

That is what backward thinking people do. How can any sane person practise something as primitive as sharia in these modern times? It is a dead giveaway for a primitive mindset, the type that see's no crime in "marriage" to a child.

Ahmed Sani is a primitive paedophile who should be serving several life terms in jail. angry

The man is a ra'pist.
Re: Nigerian Women Condemn Ahmed Sani Ex-zamfara Gov's Marriage To Minor, A 13-year by 0hsisi: 7:07pm On Apr 15, 2010
You won't see any of those loud mouthed Islamists on this thread
People like ayinba barrister won't show face at all
death to all pedophiles!
Re: Nigerian Women Condemn Ahmed Sani Ex-zamfara Gov's Marriage To Minor, A 13-year by ava2: 10:26am On Apr 16, 2010
sanni, one of the more noticeable hypocrites
Re: Nigerian Women Condemn Ahmed Sani Ex-zamfara Gov's Marriage To Minor, A 13-year by jayzeeguy: 11:55am On Apr 16, 2010
@ All

Shut d , fu, k up !

Why are you blaming him, shame on you all, instead of finding out, and at least request for pics of the girl, 13 years old, what'd there? Besides she is Egyptian, not Nigerian, so you people just pop up with sort of nonsense and start accusing him for nothing. I still wonder why people will not think at all before posting something here. His religion give him right to do that, and you have different faith/believe with his religion, so why the blame.

And unfortunate some go to the extend of start using abusive words to Islam/Muslims, something we hate to see in Nairaland.

Please for the sake of mutual understanding of people/religious right, you better stop that. May be you can talk when you see the pics and found out that it happened to be a very small girls or something like that.

embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Nigerian Women Condemn Ahmed Sani Ex-zamfara Gov's Marriage To Minor, A 13-year by kobikwelu(m): 12:04pm On Apr 16, 2010
@ All

Shut d , fu, k up !

Why are you blaming him, shame on you all, instead of finding out, and at least request for pics of the girl, 13 years old, what'd there? Besides she is Egyptian, not Nigerian, so you people just pop up with sort of nonsense and start accusing him for nothing. I still wonder why people will not think at all before posting something here. His religion give him right to do that, and you have different faith/believe with his religion, so why the blame.

And unfortunate some go to the extend of start using abusive words to Islam/Muslims, something we hate to see in Nairaland.

Please for the sake of mutual understanding of people/religious right, you better stop that. May be you can talk when you see the pics and found out that it happened to be a very small girls or something like that.

i hope ur normal,
Re: Nigerian Women Condemn Ahmed Sani Ex-zamfara Gov's Marriage To Minor, A 13-year by Witi(m): 12:16pm On Apr 16, 2010
jayzee_guy:

@ All

Shut d , fu, k up !

embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Sani's Advocate Clap for yourself.
So you feel it is right to marry an under age or what? well I dont know maybe you have one in your family I wont mind paying 300,000 Dollars not being an Egyptian is not an issue provided she will be ready for Fcuk immediately she moved in. Am a very young man, am in my late Forties  angry angry angry angry
Re: Nigerian Women Condemn Ahmed Sani Ex-zamfara Gov's Marriage To Minor, A 13-year by spoilt(f): 1:02pm On Apr 16, 2010
jayzee_guy:

@ All

Shut d , fu, k up !

Just shut the hell up.

Are you on crack?
Religion is now an excuse for child abuse?? I shudder to think what he does to a child he bought for $100,000 behind closed doors. I do not care for pictures. WE believe it because it is not far fetched for some kind of people. undecided

A thirteen year old has NO business having intimacy or being in a marriage. PERIOD.
Re: Nigerian Women Condemn Ahmed Sani Ex-zamfara Gov's Marriage To Minor, A 13-year by master2(m): 3:57pm On Apr 16, 2010
Abi he wan use her 4 ritual make he succeed in the nxt election.
Now, i don't think Islam should b blame 4 this pratice. Its a northern sydrome.if not,why are the muslims in the south not in2 this pratice?
Re: Nigerian Women Condemn Ahmed Sani Ex-zamfara Gov's Marriage To Minor, A 13-year by safariman(m): 4:20pm On Apr 16, 2010
What kind of religion or tribal tradition would sanction such nonsense, the man is a rapist, cross country child trafficker and the girl's family should also be condemned
Re: Nigerian Women Condemn Ahmed Sani Ex-zamfara Gov's Marriage To Minor, A 13-year by ojimboIV: 4:26pm On Apr 16, 2010
look at his face? paedo
Re: Nigerian Women Condemn Ahmed Sani Ex-zamfara Gov's Marriage To Minor, A 13-year by Nobody: 4:36pm On Apr 16, 2010
I wonder why the Nigerian senate has not publicly and officially condemned the shameless man's actions.

It is people like this that make the west believe we are an uncivilized people group

God help us
Re: Nigerian Women Condemn Ahmed Sani Ex-zamfara Gov's Marriage To Minor, A 13-year by Nobody: 4:42pm On Apr 16, 2010
jayzee_guy:

@ All

Shut d , fu, k up !

@jayzee_guy

I guess you would be perverse enough to give out your daughter at the age of 13 or less

slowpoke
Re: Nigerian Women Condemn Ahmed Sani Ex-zamfara Gov's Marriage To Minor, A 13-year by DisGuy: 4:48pm On Apr 16, 2010
Thank Goodness AT LAST (after several weeks) somebody came out to condemn this rubbish!!!

I AM STILL WONDERING WHY ARENT THE SENATORS SAYING ANYTHING ABOUT THIS? WHY ISNT IT MAKING HEADLINE NEWS IN NIGERIA EVEN ait IS NOT SAYING MUCH?

Does it mean its legal to marry underage girls in nigeria Not a single senator represenative had a go at him some even went to the party shocked

heard bisi olatilo covered the grand event even appeared in ovation magazine tongue

international paedophilia nigerian style the guy should be on the interpol watch list!!
Re: Nigerian Women Condemn Ahmed Sani Ex-zamfara Gov's Marriage To Minor, A 13-year by 4Play(m): 10:08pm On Apr 16, 2010
Dis Guy:

Thank Goodness AT LAST (after several weeks) somebody came out to condemn this rubbish!!!

I AM STILL WONDERING WHY ARENT THE SENATORS SAYING ANYTHING ABOUT THIS? WHY ISNT IT MAKING HEADLINE NEWS IN NIGERIA EVEN ait IS NOT SAYING MUCH?

Does it mean its legal to marry underage girls in nigeria Not a single senator represenative had a go at him some even went to the party shocked

heard bisi olatilo covered the grand event even appeared in ovation magazine tongue

international paedophilia nigerian style the guy should be on the interpol watch list!!

13 is the age of consent in the North so it is legal. You can question the morality of what he's done or the age threshold set by law but it's not illegal.
Re: Nigerian Women Condemn Ahmed Sani Ex-zamfara Gov's Marriage To Minor, A 13-year by haronky7: 11:04pm On Apr 16, 2010
This is a potential case of libel if this story is untrue

But if it's really true, then it is a matter of deep concern

By Nigerian and International standard and law, as at the last time I checked, age 13yr is still a child

This 'Nigerian Senator' would be treated as a Paedophile in Western countries and even placed on Sex Offender Register sharp-sharp

It is disgraceful that this is the calibre of people we selected elected as Senators

Go save Nigeria!
Re: Nigerian Women Condemn Ahmed Sani Ex-zamfara Gov's Marriage To Minor, A 13-year by mamagee3(f): 11:36pm On Apr 16, 2010
What sane human being wouldn't Condemn a dirty Paedophile and his actions?
Re: Nigerian Women Condemn Ahmed Sani Ex-zamfara Gov's Marriage To Minor, A 13-year by Osama10(m): 11:48pm On Apr 16, 2010
I blame the Bride's parent for greed.
Re: Nigerian Women Condemn Ahmed Sani Ex-zamfara Gov's Marriage To Minor, A 13-year by haronky7: 12:57am On Apr 17, 2010
Blaming the bride's parents isnt the issue

There are desperate parents out there among us who even love-vendor their children in order to 'survive'

The problem I personally see here is the apparent lack of judgement on the part of our respected and well-beloved Senator
Re: Nigerian Women Condemn Ahmed Sani Ex-zamfara Gov's Marriage To Minor, A 13-year by Katsumoto: 1:10am On Apr 17, 2010
Only a monster would not only think of putting his dirty thing in a little girl but would actually do it. Those depraved monsters who set the age of marital consent so low so as to take advantage of poor young girls will meet their Karma eventually and karma is a bitch.

Just look at the eyes of the beast.
Re: Nigerian Women Condemn Ahmed Sani Ex-zamfara Gov's Marriage To Minor, A 13-year by haronky7: 1:25am On Apr 17, 2010
But wait a minute!

How could he afford to 'pay' $100,000 as a public servant, or does he have a minting press in his house?

The stink is unbearable angry embarassed
Re: Nigerian Women Condemn Ahmed Sani Ex-zamfara Gov's Marriage To Minor, A 13-year by DisGuy: 1:27am On Apr 17, 2010
mama-gee:

What sane human being wouldn't Condemn a dirty Paedophile and his actions?
the following people havent/wouldnt. .
Goodluck Jonathan, Patient Jonathan, Mrs Josephine Anenih, Amina Ibrahim, Senator Bukola Saraki, Senator Folashade Bent, Senator Iyabo Obasanjo and millions of nigerians to be honest

4 Play:

13 is the age of consent in the North so it is legal. You can question the morality of what he's done or the age threshold set by law but it's not illegal.

its even legal in Nigeria!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Worker's Strike And Its Effect On The Growth Of The Nigeria / Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola / Ngozi Okonjo Iweala For Governor Of Delta State 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.