Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,902 members, 7,817,672 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

Rivers In Real Reverse - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers In Real Reverse (512 Views)

Can Apc Win Rivers In 2023? / See How Much Amaechi Used To Dredge Rivers In Rivers State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers In Real Reverse by Nobody: 5:59am On Jan 22, 2018
One day he will account for his pettiness.

The modern schools built in his state used to be the envy of all other states. I passed by a secondary school in Saro Wiwa territory and stopped.

That school could easily house a university. It cost billions. It had everything.

It was a public school.

That school had better physical structures than all the multibillion naira private schools I had been to in Lagos. I walked around the school. And it dawned on me that that was one way of bridging the gap between the poor and the rich.

Getting the poor to have facilities that can't match what the rich can buy anywhere. First class primary and secondary schools, first class hospitals. Then the poor can regain human dignity.

The state then was littered with primary schools that looked like American schools. everyone marveled at the sight of those schools. The schools had massive air-conditioned libraries, computer rooms, good toilet facilities and lush pitches. The poor had the facilities monopolized by the rich everywhere else.

How many of such schools have been built in that state in the last 3 years? And how many of the ones bequeathed to the new governor have been well maintained?

One day on the East West road, I stopped to look at the banana plantation. I inquired about their methods. I resolved to own a similar farm someday. That farm was huge.

You would think that his successor would build more of such schools and establish more plantations. But its all been noise. Everyone is staring at Abuja. If you think the monorail is too short, extend it.

Or start yours!

One day we will ask what happened to the special police squad that was trained by foreigners that protected that state, and kept cultism at bay for so long.

The day will come.

We are still possessed by ethnic passions. One day we will regain sobriety. We will find out why the schools were literally allowed to rot. We will find out what happened to that plantation.

Today, we are still hating the other people. So we are told the plantation is dead. And we shout - this Buhari sef!

- Ugo Egbujo

1 Like

Re: Rivers In Real Reverse by fedorahat: 6:20am On Jan 22, 2018
To Wike, development is only about building roads

1 Like

Re: Rivers In Real Reverse by ArcFresky(m): 6:43am On Jan 22, 2018
Its laudable, but do we realise governance is not just embarking on capital projects, creating white elephants that waste public funds.

Do we realise how much it will cost to maintain those facilities with all the air-conditioning and whatnot.

Do we realise pupils will probably not appreciate the a/c or majestic furnishing?

Do we realise, 3 more schools could have been built instead 1.

Do we consider the funds expended on the project, was it well managed?

Do realise apart from it aesthetic value, it offers no real value if there are no teachers or the teachers are not well paid?

Do we stop and question its value to the economy and the general well being of the poor in the state.

These questions are not for Rivers alone, but for every other state that commisions projects with no real value..

Ekiti did bridge while owing workers salaries, how many cars are there in Ekiti?

Governor Mimiko of Ondo built waterfall, do akure people have pipe borne water?
He even built a dome? For what? So that hungry civil servants can do proper burial ceremonies?

Embarking on capital projects is a sure way to siphon public funds and appease political cronies.

Stop waste.

1 Like

Re: Rivers In Real Reverse by RZArecta2(m): 7:31am On Jan 22, 2018
Op, the only reason you attack Wike is because your brother Tony Okocha is in the APC, tomorrow when he decamps to the PDP, you'll be left with sand in your mouth because of all the nonsense you've posted online. I put it to you that you cannot go anywhere in Rivers state and openly say Wike has not worked even in your Ikwerre land or anywhere. Go across all sectors, you will be booed like a common criminal from your pedestal by the Rivers people. Instead of you and your paymasters to think of how to move this beautiful state forward even if it's with constructive criticism alone, what we see and hear everyday is pull him down syndrome orchestrated by Amaechi gutter politics. Please change your ways

1 Like

Re: Rivers In Real Reverse by Lomprico2: 7:33am On Jan 22, 2018
H
Okocha101:

One day he will account for his pettiness.

The modern schools built in his state used to be the envy of all other states. I passed by a secondary school in Saro Wiwa territory and stopped.

That school could easily house a university. It cost billions. It had everything.

It was a public school.

That school had better physical structures than all the multibillion naira private schools I had been to in Lagos. I walked around the school. And it dawned on me that that was one way of bridging the gap between the poor and the rich.

Getting the poor to have facilities that can't match what the rich can buy anywhere. First class primary and secondary schools, first class hospitals. Then the poor can regain human dignity.

The state then was littered with primary schools that looked like American schools. everyone marveled at the sight of those schools. The schools had massive air-conditioned libraries, computer rooms, good toilet facilities and lush pitches. The poor had the facilities monopolized by the rich everywhere else.

How many of such schools have been built in that state in the last 3 years? And how many of the ones bequeathed to the new governor have been well maintained?

One day on the East West road, I stopped to look at the banana plantation. I inquired about their methods. I resolved to own a similar farm someday. That farm was huge.

You would think that his successor would build more of such schools and establish more plantations. But its all been noise. Everyone is staring at Abuja. If you think the monorail is too short, extend it.

Or start yours!

One day we will ask what happened to the special police squad that was trained by foreigners that protected that state, and kept cultism at bay for so long.

The day will come.

We are still possessed by ethnic passions. One day we will regain sobriety. We will find out why the schools were literally allowed to rot. We will find out what happened to that plantation.

Today, we are still hating the other people. So we are told the plantation is dead. And we shout - this Buhari sef!

- Ugo Egbujo

You are just as petty as wike n amechi! So because amechi built schools and plantations wike must do same to compete? Smh

Mind u amechi has converted dat banana plantationt to his personal business.
Re: Rivers In Real Reverse by dedonfranco(m): 7:46am On Jan 22, 2018
Rivers State should be in competition with Lagos state but is not happening because is always fight. Everybody knows Amaechi is visionary than Wike, Amaechi a better Governor than Wike. A Gud Government is continuity.

(1) (Reply)

Senator Receives Dirty Slap From A National Assembly Staff / Assassins Kill Businessman, Dump Corpse In Car / Buhari: IBB's Ex-Chief Press Secretary, Onabule Blasts Obasanjo!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.