Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,415 members, 7,864,836 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 07:56 AM

Between The ‘shithole’ Allusion And A ‘shithole Country’ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Between The ‘shithole’ Allusion And A ‘shithole Country’ (304 Views)

Impeachment: Now I Know Why Trump Called Us Shithole Country - Ortom (VIDEO) / Igbo And Ijaw, It Is Time To Leave The Shithole / Picture Showing Nigeria As A Shithole Country (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between The ‘shithole’ Allusion And A ‘shithole Country’ by ken2015: 8:57am On Jan 24, 2018
Between the ‘shithole’ allusion and a ‘shithole country’

In recent times, Nigeria has wobbled from one chief crisis to another. Any honest observer of the country’s political power play since the adoption of democracy as the country’s system of government could tell that the obviously hijacked and cabal-run nation is Chief among the African nations that rightly merit the recent vituperation of the POTUS referring to African countries and Haiti as ‘shithole’ countries. The audacious American Cyrus is a known truth-spiller as he scarcely considers political correctness in his lexicon when using the muscular organ in his mouth. Hate him or like him, this fearless, loquacious POTUS sure knows how to get the bitter bill across to those in need of it. Truth is bitter; yet its curative power lies in its bitter nature. It is only an idiot, I mean a ‘s***hole’ character that abhors and will always seek to combat truth because of its bitter taste.
The internet has been on fire since the Donald stirred up the hornet’s nest with his unflattering statement about African nations and Haiti being ‘shithole’ countries. Instead of the leaders of these countries to go in and find ways of pulling their nations out of the shithole, some of them have rather busied themselves in frantic moves to get the US government give convincing clarifications on the position of their countries in the ‘shithole’ allusion of President Trump. Even, many African essayists have written against this vituperation of President Trump, terming it racist, uncalled-for, and very derogatory. Yet, methinks we shouldn’t let the truth in the statement drown in the muddy waters of sentiments and questionable patriotism. For once, let’s face the fact and quit playing the Sudoku with very serious issues. We take our own Nigeria as a case in point.
Judging by the present state of the country, can any sensible and truth-loving Nigerian, doubt whether or not Nigeria fits in properly as a SHITHOLE country? Funny enough, I read in the news that the FG summoned the US ambassador to Nigeria for clarifications on Mr. Trump’s so-called ‘demeaning’ allusion of African nations and Haiti as shithole countries. Methinks this is a step in the wrong direction. The question is, is Nigeria not showing in full glare all the symptoms that define a shithole country? Sometime in the recent past, the UK’s David Cameron termed Nigeria as “fantastically corrupt.” And to my bemusement some Nigerians came out to kick against it. But a nation where cows are valued more than human beings, where the security operatives are being used to silence the truth and crush freedom of speech (you try saying the truth and the next day you’ll have to entertain mean, gun-carrying visitors from the DSS. FFK and the courageous pastor from Jos, Isa EL-Buba are said to be having it hot simply because they spoke the truth on the true state of the nation. This government is the worst evil to have befallen Nigeria since its creation!), where workers are not paid up to nine months salary while the government keeps buying Porsche cars for lazy legislators, molding statues of foreign leaders with criminal records, where big time criminals are celebrated while petty ones are arrested, prosecuted and jailed possibly because they didn’t raise their game, where sectarianism has replaced equality, where a majority of the nation’s religious leaders have metamorphosed into the prophesized grasshoppers and cankerworms that devour people’s harvest, does such a nation not fit in as a shithole country
Frankly speaking, Nigeria in her present state is far worse than a shithole. The nation’s rulers, both past and present, have turned her into a shitty rot. My assertion here is devoid of exaggeration, as I have my points to back it up.
It is only a shithole country that can accommodate, protect, and pamper blood lusting itinerant predators masquerading as Fulani herdsmen to maim and butcher fellow compatriots like goats. Rampaging killer herdsmen have vowed, so it seems, to hold the already battered and asphyxiating nation by the jugulars. Their well-organized devilish act of bloodletting, with obvious impunity, on fellow citizens has continued to draw questions and reactions from many quarters except from the president’s camp. The one who once mouthed, “I belong to everybody and I belong to nobody” has shown himself a double-tongued, double-faced hardhearted hypocrite. In truth, his handling of issues concerning federal appointments, much hyped corruption war, and herders wanton killing of innocent citizens in the country has shown that he belongs only to a section of the country and does not in any way belong to the other sections of the country. He has shown this in black and white on countless occasions. The IPOB, last year, got the terrorists badge sticker put on them, and loads of war tanks were rolled in their direction simply because they raised their voice in agitation against obvious marginalization of the Igbos. Yet killer herdsmen have been butchering Nigerians, razing down villages and destroying properties worth millions of naira at every slightest provocation of their cows; and the concerned authorities seem not to notice their dastardly escapades. Just on Wed.17 Jan. 2017, I read in the news that the founder and General Overseer of Living Faith Church Worldwide, Bishop David Oyedepo, received a letter from a coalition of Fulani herdsmen known as Fulani Nationality Movement. The outspoken cleric revealed in the news, the content of the threatening letter from the herdsmen. Here is a part of the news as posted by Dailypost, “”Just last night, I got this, believed to be from the Fulani Nationality Movement, saying that God has given them this land and that they have the right to live anywhere, and until the colony is established, there’ll be no rest in Nigeria.”I heard them say that the cattle colony is the only solution to the crisis, whether the Government or State Government accept or not.”We have asked all Fulani herdsmen all over West Africa to move to Nigeria and penetrate every corner for the upcoming Jihad.”
The speculation that some masked murderous elements somewhere in the country are sponsoring these herders is now becoming a reality. I feel that the present administration’s idea of democracy is “government of a people, by such a people, and for such a people. Ordinarily, democracy should be about ‘rule of the majority’ but such is no longer the case in Nigeria; here it is now about ‘rule of the minority’—the Fulani herdsmen to be precise. These insensitive, cow-loving, blood lusting itinerants have shown themselves to be above the law. I could interpret their actions in recent times to read, “We are in total control of this country and all you ‘shithole’ tribes in Nigeria must respect our rule or be butchered in your homes.” It is left for the president to prove me wrong on this by calling these wicked monstrous marauders to order. Before scouting for this writer, let the president and his DSS team ask themselves if they truly love the present happenings in the country. Extreme poverty, famine, unemployment, recession, loss of jobs and businesses, carnage has become the lot of Nigerians for voting in the Buhari-led APC government, and these are the characteristics of a shithole country.
The APC government has made history as the only government that gains its strength to govern from the wasted blood of the citizenry it pledged to protect. One of the worst regrets I have had in my live is pledging my unflinching support for President Buhari in the last presidential election.
It is only in a shithole country that hundreds of thousands of students are graduated each year with no job provision or clear-cut future for them. Nigeria’s education sector is a flop, a misnomer! Our universities are mere glorified primary schools. Grades are sold to the highest bidder, and payment is done in cash or in kind (by sex). Revelations have shown that our universities are filled with shameless, undisciplined, sex maniacs who pride themselves as university lecturers preying on female students, most of whom fall victim to their wickedness for fear of being frustrated in their usual way of frustrating students. In some cases, it has been shown that the authorities who should call these teachers/agents of pervasion to order simply turn a blind eye to their evil acts because they also involve in it. On this note, these satanic lecturers have a field day sexually harassing and abusing female students even with stern threats to deal ruthlessness with them if they fail to play along with them, and would even boast that nothing would happen should they report them to concerned authorities. As a result, we end up harvesting illiterate university graduates with distinctions in their chosen disciplines. These also pay and or sex their way to significant positions once they go into the labor market. In the end, they make a mess of everything as they were never qualified for the job in the first place. This is a true mark of a shithole country. The
By Ken Alamezie, BSS.
Re: Between The ‘shithole’ Allusion And A ‘shithole Country’ by Nobody: 8:58am On Jan 24, 2018
Writer needed urgently.

JOB RESPONSIBILITY:
read the above and summarise in not more than six line
Re: Between The ‘shithole’ Allusion And A ‘shithole Country’ by benzene00: 9:01am On Jan 24, 2018
ken2015:
Between the ‘shithole’ allusion and a ‘shithole country’

In recent times, Nigeria has wobbled from one chief crisis to another. Any honest observer of the country’s political power play since the adoption of democracy as the country’s system of government could tell that the obviously hijacked and cabal-run nation is Chief among the African nations that rightly merit the recent vituperation of the POTUS referring to African countries and Haiti as ‘shithole’ countries. The audacious American Cyrus is a known truth-spiller as he scarcely considers political correctness in his lexicon when using the muscular organ in his mouth. Hate him or like him, this fearless, loquacious POTUS sure knows how to get the bitter bill across to those in need of it. Truth is bitter; yet its curative power lies in its bitter nature. It is only an idiot, I mean a ‘s***hole’ character that abhors and will always seek to combat truth because of its bitter taste.
The internet has been on fire since the Donald stirred up the hornet’s nest with his unflattering statement about African nations and Haiti being ‘shithole’ countries. Instead of the leaders of these countries to go in and find ways of pulling their nations out of the shithole, some of them have rather busied themselves in frantic moves to get the US government give convincing clarifications on the position of their countries in the ‘shithole’ allusion of President Trump. Even, many African essayists have written against this vituperation of President Trump, terming it racist, uncalled-for, and very derogatory. Yet, methinks we shouldn’t let the truth in the statement drown in the muddy waters of sentiments and questionable patriotism. For once, let’s face the fact and quit playing the Sudoku with very serious issues. We take our own Nigeria as a case in point.
Judging by the present state of the country, can any sensible and truth-loving Nigerian, doubt whether or not Nigeria fits in properly as a SHITHOLE country? Funny enough, I read in the news that the FG summoned the US ambassador to Nigeria for clarifications on Mr. Trump’s so-called ‘demeaning’ allusion of African nations and Haiti as shithole countries. Methinks this is a step in the wrong direction. The question is, is Nigeria not showing in full glare all the symptoms that define a shithole country? Sometime in the recent past, the UK’s David Cameron termed Nigeria as “fantastically corrupt.” And to my bemusement some Nigerians came out to kick against it. But a nation where cows are valued more than human beings, where the security operatives are being used to silence the truth and crush freedom of speech (you try saying the truth and the next day you’ll have to entertain mean, gun-carrying visitors from the DSS. FFK and the courageous pastor from Jos, Isa EL-Buba are said to be having it hot simply because they spoke the truth on the true state of the nation. This government is the worst evil to have befallen Nigeria since its creation!), where workers are not paid up to nine months salary while the government keeps buying Porsche cars for lazy legislators, molding statues of foreign leaders with criminal records, where big time criminals are celebrated while petty ones are arrested, prosecuted and jailed possibly because they didn’t raise their game, where sectarianism has replaced equality, where a majority of the nation’s religious leaders have metamorphosed into the prophesized grasshoppers and cankerworms that devour people’s harvest, does such a nation not fit in as a shithole country
Frankly speaking, Nigeria in her present state is far worse than a shithole. The nation’s rulers, both past and present, have turned her into a shitty rot. My assertion here is devoid of exaggeration, as I have my points to back it up.
It is only a shithole country that can accommodate, protect, and pamper blood lusting itinerant predators masquerading as Fulani herdsmen to maim and butcher fellow compatriots like goats. Rampaging killer herdsmen have vowed, so it seems, to hold the already battered and asphyxiating nation by the jugulars. Their well-organized devilish act of bloodletting, with obvious impunity, on fellow citizens has continued to draw questions and reactions from many quarters except from the president’s camp. The one who once mouthed, “I belong to everybody and I belong to nobody” has shown himself a double-tongued, double-faced hardhearted hypocrite. In truth, his handling of issues concerning federal appointments, much hyped corruption war, and herders wanton killing of innocent citizens in the country has shown that he belongs only to a section of the country and does not in any way belong to the other sections of the country. He has shown this in black and white on countless occasions. The IPOB, last year, got the terrorists badge sticker put on them, and loads of war tanks were rolled in their direction simply because they raised their voice in agitation against obvious marginalization of the Igbos. Yet killer herdsmen have been butchering Nigerians, razing down villages and destroying properties worth millions of naira at every slightest provocation of their cows; and the concerned authorities seem not to notice their dastardly escapades. Just on Wed.17 Jan. 2017, I read in the news that the founder and General Overseer of Living Faith Church Worldwide, Bishop David Oyedepo, received a letter from a coalition of Fulani herdsmen known as Fulani Nationality Movement. The outspoken cleric revealed in the news, the content of the threatening letter from the herdsmen. Here is a part of the news as posted by Dailypost, “”Just last night, I got this, believed to be from the Fulani Nationality Movement, saying that God has given them this land and that they have the right to live anywhere, and until the colony is established, there’ll be no rest in Nigeria.”I heard them say that the cattle colony is the only solution to the crisis, whether the Government or State Government accept or not.”We have asked all Fulani herdsmen all over West Africa to move to Nigeria and penetrate every corner for the upcoming Jihad.”
The speculation that some masked murderous elements somewhere in the country are sponsoring these herders is now becoming a reality. I feel that the present administration’s idea of democracy is “government of a people, by such a people, and for such a people. Ordinarily, democracy should be about ‘rule of the majority’ but such is no longer the case in Nigeria; here it is now about ‘rule of the minority’—the Fulani herdsmen to be precise. These insensitive, cow-loving, blood lusting itinerants have shown themselves to be above the law. I could interpret their actions in recent times to read, “We are in total control of this country and all you ‘shithole’ tribes in Nigeria must respect our rule or be butchered in your homes.” It is left for the president to prove me wrong on this by calling these wicked monstrous marauders to order. Before scouting for this writer, let the president and his DSS team ask themselves if they truly love the present happenings in the country. Extreme poverty, famine, unemployment, recession, loss of jobs and businesses, carnage has become the lot of Nigerians for voting in the Buhari-led APC government, and these are the characteristics of a shithole country.
The APC government has made history as the only government that gains its strength to govern from the wasted blood of the citizenry it pledged to protect. One of the worst regrets I have had in my live is pledging my unflinching support for President Buhari in the last presidential election.
It is only in a shithole country that hundreds of thousands of students are graduated each year with no job provision or clear-cut future for them. Nigeria’s education sector is a flop, a misnomer! Our universities are mere glorified primary schools. Grades are sold to the highest bidder, and payment is done in cash or in kind (by sex). Revelations have shown that our universities are filled with shameless, undisciplined, sex maniacs who pride themselves as university lecturers preying on female students, most of whom fall victim to their wickedness for fear of being frustrated in their usual way of frustrating students. In some cases, it has been shown that the authorities who should call these teachers/agents of pervasion to order simply turn a blind eye to their evil acts because they also involve in it. On this note, these satanic lecturers have a field day sexually harassing and abusing female students even with stern threats to deal ruthlessness with them if they fail to play along with them, and would even boast that nothing would happen should they report them to concerned authorities. As a result, we end up harvesting illiterate university graduates with distinctions in their chosen disciplines. These also pay and or sex their way to significant positions once they go into the labor market. In the end, they make a mess of everything as they were never qualified for the job in the first place. This is a true mark of a shithole country. The
By Ken Alamezie, BSS.
you just photocopy newspaper paste for us

Re: Between The ‘shithole’ Allusion And A ‘shithole Country’ by ken2015: 9:05am On Jan 24, 2018
cheesy
just write and post, and I'll read...

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari Score Card / The Economics Of Open Grazing By Brute Force, Hunger, Deaths And Blood / How China Spied On The African Union’s Computers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.