Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,555 members, 7,861,630 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:48 PM

The Main Reason Buhari Has Been Asked Not To Contest In 2019 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Main Reason Buhari Has Been Asked Not To Contest In 2019 (1024 Views)

18 Out Of 31 Screened Ministerial Nominees Have Been Asked To Take A Bow And Go / Reveal The Real Reason Buhari Is Travelling To London – PDP Dares Presidency / Obasanjo Warns Buhari Not To Contest In 2019: "Not Capable Of Ruling Nigeria" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Main Reason Buhari Has Been Asked Not To Contest In 2019 by Listic1: 3:08pm On Jan 24, 2018
Stakeholders (including my good self) have respectfully urged Buhari not to contest in the 2019 presidential election. This is not because we are oblivious of his constitutional and democratic rights to so do. It is also not because anyone is afraid of Buhari. Who is even afraid of Buhari? Was he not roundly defeated thrice? As a matter of fact, the Buhari 'phenomenon' has since been demystified! The man has been found to be completely empty and disoriented! On the contrary, it is because we are deeply concerned about Nigeria's unity, long term security and the welfare of the longsuffering people of the country.

I will explain. In any credible election in 2019, there is no way on God's earth that the man will win. Now, we know the antecedents of Buhari. He does not accept electoral defeat due to his flawed perception of his popularity. This is the reason he never congratulated any of the candidates who won him at the polls between 2003 and 2011. Sadly, in 2011 this led to the deaths of many people including corps members who participated in the election and the destruction of valuable properties by his supporters.

Against this backdrop, it becomes at once clear that if Buhari contests and loses (as he would) he and his many unenlightened supporters won't accept the defeat. This will therefore pose very serious problems for the country security and economy wise. Many people have already seen this possibility, no, imminent reality. This is why, in good conscience, they continue to impress on the mind of Buhari that he should not contest. I hope in his own best interests that he heeds the call!

Listic1; @ODNEsq.

2 Likes

Re: The Main Reason Buhari Has Been Asked Not To Contest In 2019 by Newbiee: 3:09pm On Jan 24, 2018
Simple reason is they are not happy with the corruption fight

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Main Reason Buhari Has Been Asked Not To Contest In 2019 by countryfive: 3:12pm On Jan 24, 2018
nepotism

he took a pastor only to deceive some people that he is not a religious bigot,
of what use is osinbajo to us when we all know he has no say in the govt.

now el rufia wants to repeat the same thing
we will not fall for it.
Re: The Main Reason Buhari Has Been Asked Not To Contest In 2019 by Ever8054: 3:18pm On Jan 24, 2018
Newbiee:
what corruption fight sir?...cause the only fight I notice in this administration is that of Fulani herdsman.but they are not even fighting corrupt officials that we should consider your thoughts,... rather, they are fighting and killing inosent people who never thought of them for once not to talk of attacking them..

1 Like

Re: The Main Reason Buhari Has Been Asked Not To Contest In 2019 by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 4:01pm On Jan 24, 2018
Newbiee:
Which corruption fight or do you mean Quoroption fight.Going to the media houses is fighting corruption?Looking at members of the opposition alone is corruption fight?in this so called corruption fight nobody till date has been sentenced to prison all I am seeing is media trial.If the president is serious he should start with the former SGF and NIA boss then we would know if he is serious.
Re: The Main Reason Buhari Has Been Asked Not To Contest In 2019 by SalamRushdie: 4:21pm On Jan 24, 2018
Newbiee:

What corruption fight is that? Where is it hidden?
Re: The Main Reason Buhari Has Been Asked Not To Contest In 2019 by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jan 24, 2018
Listic1:
Stakeholders (including my good self) have respectfully urged Buhari not to contest in the 2019 presidential election. This is not because we are oblivious of his constitutional and democratic rights to so do. It is also not because anyone is afraid of Buhari. Who is even afraid of Buhari? Was he not roundly defeated thrice? As a matter of fact, the Buhari 'phenomenon' has since been demystified! The man has been found to be completely empty and disoriented! On the contrary, it is because we are deeply concerned about Nigeria's unity, long term security and the welfare of the longsuffering people of the country.

I will explain. In any credible election in 2019, there is no way on God's earth that the man will win. Now, we know the antecedents of Buhari. He does not accept electoral defeat due to his flawed perception of his popularity. This is the reason he never congratulated any of the candidates who won him at the polls between 2003 and 2011. Sadly, in 2011 this led to the deaths of many people including corps members who participated in the election and the destruction of valuable properties by his supporters.

Against this backdrop, it becomes at once clear that if Buhari contests and loses (as he would) he and his many unenlightened supporters won't accept the defeat. This will therefore pose very serious problems for the country security and economy wise. Many people have already seen this possibility, no, imminent reality. This is why, in good conscience, they continue to impress on the mind of Buhari that he should not contest. I hope in his own best interests that he heeds the call!

Listic1; @ODNEsq.
You reallythink the opinions you read in print and on social media reflect the true feelings of Nigerians abi? You'll be surprised
Re: The Main Reason Buhari Has Been Asked Not To Contest In 2019 by Listic1: 8:21pm On Jan 24, 2018
GoroTango:
You reallythink the opinions you read in print and on social media reflect the true feelings of Nigerians abi? You'll be surprised

I will be surprised? Really? Please, bookmark this post. February 2019 is only 12 or so months away.

(1) (Reply)

Why 2018 Budget Can't Accommodate New Minimum Wage - DG Budget Office / The Horrifying Truth They Have Been Concealing From The Public In Nasarawa State / My Father Was A Ritualist, Adeboye & Oyedepo Were Drug Dealers” – Kemi Olunloyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.