Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,715 members, 7,816,947 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

I'll Rather Die Than Beg IBB - Ribadu of EFCC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I'll Rather Die Than Beg IBB - Ribadu of EFCC (3962 Views)

I Will Rather Die In Jail Than For Ohaneze Ndigbo To Claim Credit... Nnamdi Kanu / Achebe And Soyinka At Dodan Barracks In 1986 To Beg IBB To Spare Vatsa / I'll Rather Have A DICTATOR Like Ghadafi Than A Democrat Like Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'll Rather Die Than Beg IBB - Ribadu of EFCC by conscience(m): 1:09pm On Dec 26, 2005
Nuhu Ribadu, chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) says the rumour that he begged IBB is "the biggest joke of the century."  I hope Ribadu is not making his coat bigger than his cloth.

Boy watch it, be humble and stop swearing.  Na Nigeria,  soldier go soldier come.  Afterall, IBB and his pack of   ''devils ''are the ones  that made your Oga under our watchful eyes? 

Haba Ribadu, Don't behave like a ''DANISKA'', which one you dey?  Since you joined the police , how many ''Criminals'' have you caught outside ''your Lord's Political Enemies'.'  We don't need the crystal balls to foretell that , your principle is: 
''If you are not for our 3rd term, you are a target for EFCC's ''persecution'' as a Money Launderer or Financial criminal.
OR.You are either for us or a Treasonable Felon plotting to topple our Government or destabilize The Nation'' shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Ala Abachanomy. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Read Story:  http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2005/dec/25/national-12-2005-001.htm
''An angry Nuhu Ribadu, chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has described as "the biggest joke of the century," the report that made the rounds that he had gone to Minna Hill Top to beg ex-President Ibrahim Babangida over his (Ribadu’s) alleged statement that people like Babangida will never be allowed to rule Nigeria again.''
Re: I'll Rather Die Than Beg IBB - Ribadu of EFCC by uzors: 4:23pm On Dec 26, 2005
you're right my brother. Somebody should ask saint Ribadu about the biggest sacred cow in Nigeria - the 300 billion naira man - Anenih.
Re: I'll Rather Die Than Beg IBB - Ribadu of EFCC by rikkyjen(m): 10:18pm On Dec 26, 2005
consciene:..i think u are being unfair to ribadu shocked....forget d fact dat d man is a loose canon...this guy has tried,an anti-corruption czar to the core...and why is evrybody saying the guy is going after babas enemies.....afterall the guy has caught obasanjos cronies...i.e otunba faswe,a close confidant of baba...wat about Dr makanjuola,a cousin of baba.....is tafa balogun a politician?
Ribadu should be applauded.d guy is ready to do his job no matter anybodys ox which is gonna be gored in d process.
Re: I'll Rather Die Than Beg IBB - Ribadu of EFCC by Seun(m): 10:54pm On Dec 26, 2005
Well said, rikkyjen: no matter what the man does, some people will criticize. If he apologizes to IBB, they'll criticize. If he refuses to apologize, the same people will still criticize. People who do not have anything to add to this country except criticism should be ignored. If we pay attention to professional critics, we will never progress in our country.

People like[b] Nuhu Ribadu[/b] are doing something to make the country better, while his critics have done nothing except to sit down in a comfortable corner and criticize, criticize, criticize.
Re: I'll Rather Die Than Beg IBB - Ribadu of EFCC by rikkyjen(m): 10:57pm On Dec 26, 2005
...thanks mr admin
Re: I'll Rather Die Than Beg IBB - Ribadu of EFCC by conscience(m): 1:28am On Dec 27, 2005
Seun:

People like[b] Nuhu Ribadu[/b] are doing something to make the country better, while his critics have done nothing except to sit down in a comfortable corner and criticize, criticize, criticize.

I am not criticizing for want of what to do.
I appreciate the laudable job Ribadu is doing at the EFCC.
But i am against selective prosecution - ''persecution''
I am against the breach of  fundamental human rights and rule of law in carrying out this onerous assignment.
I speak against being a judge in your own cause.
Tell me the cordiality  between Balogun,faswe, mankonjuola and BABA at the time of their persecution
What is the outcome of Faswe and Makanjoula's cases?
Why was Balogun not prosecuted for rigging elections for PDP.
Why is NEPA not performing at maximum capacity 6years after billions were sunk in?
Why is Aborisade still Minister, while junior officers were sacked for the rot in the aviation ministry?
Why is Anenih still free and dining with Baba, when roads are in such a deplorable state despite money ''spent'' on them during his tenure?
Why has EFCC not investigated how money stuffed in ''Ghana must go'' was kept by the gate of the National Assembly?
How did BABA get massive Land as gift in states like Cross River State, while in office?
Why has EFCC not investigated  the source of all the funds[millions] donated openly  toward Baba' election campaign .
Who authorized Government Ministries and Agencies,  State Governments,Public  Officers, Legislative houses and Local Governments to donate ''generously to Baba's library launch and from which allocation?
-EFCC over to you, treat this as my humble petition

When BABA was illegally incacerated.professional critics'' fought the Battle.
When Abacha imprisoned and cowed all Nigerians, we rose to the occasion.
Hate us or love us, the nation needs people like us at a time like this
We act as the pendulum between the Government and the Governed
We deserve your appreciation not condemnation.
Re: I'll Rather Die Than Beg IBB - Ribadu of EFCC by rikkyjen(m): 2:38am On Dec 27, 2005
To conscience: having read your posts, I found some loopholes in your allegations. The sound of the word selective prosecutions used by people makes me feel shattered. I am not an Obasanjo apologist, but I think we should call a spade a spade instead of calling it a garden spoon.

Public officers caught stealing public funds complain of persecutions because of they are not in babas good book. For example, Alameseigha caught stealing millions said he was being manhandled because of his perceived loyalty to Atiku. But wait first, was that a justification for stealing public funds? Absolutely not!

Do you know who Fasawe was to baba? I guess you don't. For your information their frendship has spanned decades. In fact, he is one of the few who visits Aso rock without prior appointment. And yet EFCC dealt with him. Prior to his detention with EFCC, he had a very robust relationship with baba. There was no quarrel, yet he was dealt with. Or are you insinuating that baba took his case to EFCC? Absolutely not.

Have you forgotten Wabara? He was baba's stooge - an errand boy of the presidency. In fact he was baba's swagger stick. What did he do wrong to Baba? Of course he was in Baba's good book yet he was dealt with.

You can't just tell aborishade to resign just like that ...he inherited the rot ..he has barely spent some months in the industry...you could have been the minister too..ofcourse aborishade has always shown knack for thoroughness and discipline..remember when he handled the education minstry..he took ASUU to the cleaners ,dealt with them as if he was handling his own kids..and that made ASUU serious..when did you hear of ASUU strike again?

Tafa the greedy cop was never a politician...yes we heard about police being unruly at the ballot boxes...but it should interest you that the police in Nigeria is for the highest bidder..In some ANPP controlled states police were hired by politicians to harass voters...now conscience: could baba have used the same police to win elections in ANPP states.HELL NO. corruption in the force starts from the rank and file not only tafa...so the police intimidating voters were not sent by baba nor tafa..but they were acting on their own whims in feeding their deflated stomach

Baba never mandated agencies or parasatals to donate to his library...they did that for their own purposes...they were trying to remain in his good books..aboutNPA.the ports never donated..it was only stake holders of the port authority that did so...but neverthelesss...baba need some questionin from nuhu ribadu...like i said earlier, am not an obasanjo fan..am only tryin to set the records straight
Re: I'll Rather Die Than Beg IBB - Ribadu of EFCC by Akolawole(m): 3:44am On Dec 27, 2005
Seun and Rikkyjen

Why are you bothered about this Post ?

Note about seven members of this forum belong to that clique. They cook up story anyhow, baseless stories.
Reading their comments in Politics make me to fear for our fatherland. As  youths of this country , i thought we hold tommorow. But i fear ooo.

I like constructive critisism, i am a believer in opposition, i lost one of my very good friends to "we no go gree" during SAP riot led by Ogaga Ifowodu in May 1989 in Ibadan .

Once they were defeated in this now, they will cook up another one. Everybody watch-out!
Re: I'll Rather Die Than Beg IBB - Ribadu of EFCC by bagoma(f): 4:37am On Dec 27, 2005
conscience, you know why i think you're biased?
you started by mocking Ribadu. you even stated that he better not be proud of his antagonism of IBB insinuating that he should grovel at his(IBB) feet. apportioning glory to that....... words fail me to describe ur IBB.
why do you see everything bad in obj. to me he hasnt done as much as i would want but i can clearly see he's done and is doing something for this country. whether u like him or not he is positively moving the nation forward. you may not like his speed, but then u have no idea about what he has to contend with. you think the whole rot could be turned around in day? or even in 8 yrs? no, think again.
criticise, but be fair.
Re: I'll Rather Die Than Beg IBB - Ribadu of EFCC by Akolawole(m): 9:40am On Dec 27, 2005
@ Bagoma

Since i have been reading your post in Politics, i am always dazed to believe a woman can be that sound in Nigeria politics. You are blunt,frank and straightforward. You are not shallow-minded. Please keep it up.

Well, now i know " only the deep can call to the deep" .
Re: I'll Rather Die Than Beg IBB - Ribadu of EFCC by otokx(m): 4:22pm On Dec 27, 2005
i don't have any comments on this one.
Re: I'll Rather Die Than Beg IBB - Ribadu of EFCC by Greatpeter(m): 11:21pm On Dec 27, 2005
Conscience, if I should talk I will spit fire but i will remain silent.
Be purposeful in your criticisms.
Re: I'll Rather Die Than Beg IBB - Ribadu of EFCC by conscience(m): 11:24pm On Dec 27, 2005
Greatpeter:

Conscience, if I should talk I will spit fire but i will remain silent.
Be purposeful in your criticisms.

Greatpeter, thank you for not spitting fire.
Silence they say is Golden
Thank you, your advice is well taken .
Re: I'll Rather Die Than Beg IBB - Ribadu of EFCC by rikkyjen(m): 11:30pm On Dec 27, 2005
conscience why is the searcglight on you,abi are you an IBB boy?
Re: I'll Rather Die Than Beg IBB - Ribadu of EFCC by conscience(m): 12:57am On Dec 28, 2005
rikkyjen:

conscience why is the searcglight on you,abi are you an IBB boy?
My brother i don't know.
IBB KE? I am too insignificant to be his Boy.
I am my father's boy.
Men who speak the truth are always targets of the bullets from  the ''popular stand''
Learnt that from History lessons:
JC[My Lord, Jesus], Martin Lurther King, Malcolm X, St Paul of Tarsus, Saro Wiwa, Gani Fawhenmi, Reuben Abati, Mathma Ghandhi, Fela Anikulapu, Nelson Mandela, Marcus Garvey etc
Re: I'll Rather Die Than Beg IBB - Ribadu of EFCC by Akolawole(m): 3:49pm On Dec 28, 2005
Professor emeritus

Truth with hatred abi!
Re: I'll Rather Die Than Beg IBB - Ribadu of EFCC by conscience(m): 5:06pm On Dec 28, 2005
Akolawole:

Professor emeritus

Truth with hatred abi!

Akolawole, How i wish you know how much i love you and Nigeria, my country .
my heart knows no hatred
Re: I'll Rather Die Than Beg IBB - Ribadu of EFCC by Akolawole(m): 7:34pm On Dec 28, 2005
@ Conscience
Please dont love me o oo, afterall i be man and my house is full of wives o(laugh).

I have read your posts and appreciate your PM to me but you have hatred for OBJ and his administration, which i dont think it is fair.

I am not from Ogun state, i did not get to vote in 1999 even If i have voters card, i will vote against him like every yorubas. I ENJOYED CAMPAIGNING AGAINST HIM IN 1999.

Looking back to his six years reign, i dont think his scorecard is 0% like you, Gani Fawehinmi et la is scoring him. .

Constructive critism is okay but NOT OTHERWISE
Re: I'll Rather Die Than Beg IBB - Ribadu of EFCC by Ojukwursg(m): 5:28pm On Jan 04, 2006
Conscience,

Do not be intimidated by the barages of insinuations meant to cow you. Things go from bad to worse not only because of the deeds of evil men, but also becos good men refuse talk.

EFCC is doing a good job just like a dog unleashed to catch a prey. But when the dog is not unleashed it chases no prey. Ribabu may not necessarily be afraid of IBB but he is afraid of Obj. To act without Obj approval is to work against your boss.

There are many rots in the system and Obj govt cannot be exonnorated with a wave of hand.

Can someone tell me what has been happening in the Petroleum Ministry since Obj became the Minister of Petroluem ( aside from price increase)
Who are the other contrators that import fuel into the country? (rumours says its only Obj family, can someone dispel it)
How much have been realised from Petroleum Tax and what has become of it?
What has become of recovered Abacha loot?
What are the real story behind the money used in holding the last All Afica Games in Abuja?
I need information of why Obj goverment cannot find their rythm right in the Power Ministry
How about the death of Justice minister and the fellow who campaigned, signed INEC documents, and won senatorial election while in detention for murder ?
Why did Saint Obj destroy peoples' voice such as NLC, ASUU?
What are US millitary personnel doing in Niger Delta?

There are more questions than answers. Before we fall heads over heels to defend the regime of Obj, we should be very sure of our facts. There are very few saints in government. Every human action is premidiated on selfish interest.

Kudos Conscience, you have made your point.
Re: I'll Rather Die Than Beg IBB - Ribadu of EFCC by kenflavor(m): 2:11am On Jan 08, 2006
Ojukwu, I feel you, but it will be unfair if u say, Obj's government hasn't done anything good.
Re: I'll Rather Die Than Beg IBB - Ribadu of EFCC by blunt1990: 1:47am On May 19, 2009
Great men that shaped Obasanjo's Govt. Ribadu remains a legend in my list of Nigerian legends,
Re: I'll Rather Die Than Beg IBB - Ribadu of EFCC by SammyJay2: 11:43am On May 19, 2009
Nigerians have this major problem of self-deceit and all is well behavior, to still find people arguing if Ribadu was selective or not, if he committed evil or not is a shame. Fasawe fell out of favour with Obj, and joined the Atiku Camp. Ribadu foolishly worked absolutely for Obasonjo's benefit without watching his back or minding whoose ox is God as if Obj was going to rule for ever, well he knows better now.
Re: I'll Rather Die Than Beg IBB - Ribadu of EFCC by jamace(m): 12:02pm On May 19, 2009
Nigerians believe in deciet. Truth ,and whatever is pure, is an aberration. It is a sad situation. That is why nothing works. People decieve people is the motto.
Re: I'll Rather Die Than Beg IBB - Ribadu of EFCC by Nobody: 1:18pm On May 19, 2009
at least he kept his promise
Re: I'll Rather Die Than Beg IBB - Ribadu of EFCC by jimmysho(m): 2:29pm On May 19, 2009
[b]fellow country men, ribadu remain a true Nigerian any time ant day. what is the rationale of begging maradona. doin that will soil ribadu international repute[/b]
Re: I'll Rather Die Than Beg IBB - Ribadu of EFCC by SammyJay2: 5:27pm On May 20, 2009
Yes! kept his promise of inreasing corruption in our country and strengthening PDP against oppositions. Thanks 4 the disgrace he got @ his graduation ceremony, oh just a tips of the iceberg, d evil men do now live with them not after them again "no time"
Re: I'll Rather Die Than Beg IBB - Ribadu of EFCC by musayah: 3:38pm On May 21, 2009
Actually nuhu started well but in the end uncle shege used him for his selfish agenda and he followed him. that is why today is reaping the bad deeds of the gost. if really he acted innocently and justly we nigerians would have acted for him now.However nuhu atleast tried by bringing out the fishy deals of some of the so call big boys and even if nothing happen to them till now but we know and see them as thiefs in agwada.
Re: I'll Rather Die Than Beg IBB - Ribadu of EFCC by Nobody: 8:09pm On May 29, 2009
if the dude had wronged IBB earlier, whats there to to BEg.
Re: I'll Rather Die Than Beg IBB - Ribadu of EFCC by zomby(m): 2:57pm On May 30, 2009
at least he kept his promise
You really think so?
Just because the opportunity isn't there anymore doesn't mean he kept his promise.
Lately Ribadu is so desperate that he will even kiss and make up with Ibori if the opportunity shows up.

Ribadu is still learning and he's now getting to understand that in politics or as a politician you pick a good fight and neglet the rest. The sooner we all realize that Ribadu is nobody but a greedy politician that wants it all in the name of fighting corruption, the better. He is a thief.
Re: I'll Rather Die Than Beg IBB - Ribadu of EFCC by mbulela: 9:25pm On May 30, 2009
Akolawole, bagoma and the rest of the 'deep' clan,
kindly provide answers to the questions raised in the post below.
only then will i entertain the argument that Conscience is either biased or has a hatred for Obj and Riabadu.
until such queries by the 'professional critics' are addressed the legacy of Ribadu remains questionable.
thank you.
conscience:

I am not criticizing for want of what to do.
I appreciate the laudable job Ribadu is doing at the EFCC.
But i am against selective prosecution - ''persecution''
I am against the breach of  fundamental human rights and rule of law in carrying out this onerous assignment.
I speak against being a judge in your own cause.
Tell me the cordiality  between Balogun,faswe, mankonjuola and BABA at the time of their persecution
What is the outcome of Faswe and Makanjoula's cases?
Why was Balogun not prosecuted for rigging elections for PDP.
Why is NEPA not performing at maximum capacity 6years after billions were sunk in?
Why is Aborisade still Minister, while junior officers were sacked for the rot in the aviation ministry?
Why is Anenih still free and dining with Baba, when roads are in such a deplorable state despite money ''spent'' on them during his tenure?
Why has EFCC not investigated how money stuffed in ''Ghana must go'' was kept by the gate of the National Assembly?
How did BABA get massive Land as gift in states like Cross River State, while in office?
Why has EFCC not investigated  the source of all the funds[millions] donated openly  toward Baba' election campaign .
Who authorized Government Ministries and Agencies,  State Governments,Public  Officers, Legislative houses and Local Governments to donate ''generously to Baba's library launch and from which allocation?
-EFCC over to you, treat this as my humble petition

When BABA was illegally incacerated.professional critics'' fought the Battle.
When Abacha imprisoned and cowed all Nigerians, we rose to the occasion.
Hate us or love us, the nation needs people like us at a time like this
We act as the pendulum between the Government and the Governed
We deserve your appreciation not condemnation.
Re: I'll Rather Die Than Beg IBB - Ribadu of EFCC by mbulela: 9:29pm On May 30, 2009
also, few clarifications.
the relationship between obj and Fasawe had soured when efcc took him on.with obj, the length of the relationship has nothing to do with fact that their is a strain lurking around the corner.go and ask TY DANJUMA.
Wabara was a tool, used and dumped,as soon as he served his purpose.
the issue of the library project stinks of hypocrisy. the stench is sickening.
rikkyjen:

To conscience: having read your posts, I found some loopholes in your allegations. The sound of the word selective prosecutions used by people makes me feel shattered. I am not an Obasanjo apologist, but I think we should call a spade a spade instead of calling it a garden spoon.

Public officers caught stealing public funds complain of persecutions because of they are not in babas good book. For example, Alameseigha caught stealing millions said he was being manhandled because of his perceived loyalty to Atiku. But wait first, was that a justification for stealing public funds? Absolutely not!

Do you know who Fasawe was to baba? I guess you don't. For your information their frendship has spanned decades. In fact, he is one of the few who visits Aso rock without prior appointment. And yet EFCC dealt with him. Prior to his detention with EFCC, he had a very robust relationship with baba. There was no quarrel, yet he was dealt with. Or are you insinuating that baba took his case to EFCC? Absolutely not.

Have you forgotten Wabara? He was baba's stooge - an errand boy of the presidency. In fact he was baba's swagger stick. What did he do wrong to Baba? Of course he was in Baba's good book yet he was dealt with.

You can't just tell aborishade to resign just like that , he inherited the rot , he has barely spent some months in the industry, you could have been the minister too, ofcourse aborishade has always shown knack for thoroughness and discipline, remember when he handled the education minstry, he took ASUU to the cleaners ,dealt with them as if he was handling his own kids, and that made ASUU serious, when did you hear of ASUU strike again?

Tafa the greedy cop was never a politician, yes we heard about police being unruly at the ballot boxes, but it should interest you that the police in Nigeria is for the highest bidder, In some ANPP controlled states police were hired by politicians to harass voters, now conscience: could baba have used the same police to win elections in ANPP states.HELL NO. corruption in the force starts from the rank and file not only tafa, so the police intimidating voters were not sent by baba nor tafa, but they were acting on their own whims in feeding their deflated stomach

Baba never mandated agencies or parasatals to donate to his library, they did that for their own purposes, they were trying to remain in his good books, aboutNPA.the ports never donated, it was only stake holders of the port authority that did so, but neverthelesss, baba need some questionin from nuhu ribadu, like i said earlier, am not an obasanjo fan, am only tryin to set the records straight
Re: I'll Rather Die Than Beg IBB - Ribadu of EFCC by mbulela: 9:33pm On May 30, 2009
the only reason why ribadu stands a chance of a legacy is that whether biased or not, he was catching thieves.
that can never be said of Farida.
according to a well placed source, he put the fear of God into thieves in high places.
they were stealing but their was no laziness in the act.you had to be ingenious, think up ways of beating the law.
but now,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ogun State Approves 100 Billion Naira Bond And Suspends Speaker! / YORUBA GRADUALLY BECOMING THE OFFICIAL LANGUAGE IN SOUTHWEST / David Mark Gets New Leadership Role In Senate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.