Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,873 members, 7,810,323 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:02 AM

Are you on steemit??....let's Meet Here... - Business (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Are you on steemit??....let's Meet Here... (109409 Views)

Steemit Adventure - Join, Upvote And Get Upvoted / How To Make Money On Steemit.com [the Social Media That Pays / Steemit.com A Chance To Financinal Freedom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (77) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are you on steemit??....let's Meet Here... by pabon(m): 1:39pm On Feb 16, 2018
doyinisaac:
how can those that are not technology guru benefit from this??i mean those that are not programmers or cannot develop any code??

One doesn't necessarily have to be tech savvy to make utopian contributions. Lets take Nairaland for instance. I don't like that at night viewing the page hurts my eyes, I could make a recommmendation for night feature like this

NAIRALAND: ADD ABILITY TO TOGGLE NIGHT FEATURE

Its the other categories like translation and development that are more complicated.
Re: Are you on steemit??....let's Meet Here... by tosyne2much(m): 1:40pm On Feb 16, 2018
doyinisaac:
maybe it is because of you they disabled it...village people ehn...... grin grin grin grin grin

on a serious note,maybe its just a technical issue...contact them to know whats going on...
Make dem just pity me ooooo.. 25 SBD no be small money ooooo cheesy cheesy
Re: Are you on steemit??....let's Meet Here... by pabon(m): 1:41pm On Feb 16, 2018
I could forget about Utopian though and talk about steemstem if people think utopian is difficult
Re: Are you on steemit??....let's Meet Here... by tosyne2much(m): 1:47pm On Feb 16, 2018
doyinisaac:
how can those that are not technology guru benefit from this??i mean those that are not programmers or cannot develop any code??
Utopian is more of programming and coding

If you are not inclined in their area, you will earn nothing from Utopian
Re: Are you on steemit??....let's Meet Here... by tosyne2much(m): 1:48pm On Feb 16, 2018
pabon:
I could forget about Utopian though and talk about steemstem if people think utopian is difficult
Baba please talk about steemstem.. I think that would be easier cool

1 Like

Re: Are you on steemit??....let's Meet Here... by doyinisaac(m): 1:50pm On Feb 16, 2018
pabon:

One doesn't necessarily have to be tech savvy to make utopian contributions. Lets take Nairaland for instance. I don't like that at night viewing the page hurts my eyes, I could make a recommmendation for night feature like this

NAIRALAND: ADD ABILITY TO TOGGLE NIGHT FEATURE

Its the other categories like translation and development that are more complicated.
ok someone do not need to create a code for that right??
Re: Are you on steemit??....let's Meet Here... by doyinisaac(m): 1:50pm On Feb 16, 2018
tosyne2much:

that is the same thing i am trying to tell him
Re: Are you on steemit??....let's Meet Here... by afolwalex20(m): 1:52pm On Feb 16, 2018
pabon:

Please continue o..
I'm following already.

Those links you shared aren't working.
Re: Are you on steemit??....let's Meet Here... by pabon(m): 2:06pm On Feb 16, 2018
afolwalex20:

Please continue o..
I'm following already.

Those links you shared aren't working.

You know Nairaland hates people pasting links.... Just copy the full link and paste in another tab on your browser
Re: Are you on steemit??....let's Meet Here... by pabon(m): 2:07pm On Feb 16, 2018
doyinisaac:
ok someone do not need to create a code for that right??

No. Just check one of those links I posted and see.
Re: Are you on steemit??....let's Meet Here... by afolwalex20(m): 2:07pm On Feb 16, 2018
pabon:

You know Nairaland hates people pasting links.... Just copy the full link and paste in another tab on your browser

That's exactly what I did.
Re: Are you on steemit??....let's Meet Here... by pabon(m): 2:09pm On Feb 16, 2018
tosyne2much:

So you think I'm a programmer or I'm into coding. It just takes a bit of studying and practice.
Re: Are you on steemit??....let's Meet Here... by Ammyluv2003(f): 2:10pm On Feb 16, 2018
pabon:

Please do! We are waiting bros
Re: Are you on steemit??....let's Meet Here... by pabon(m): 2:10pm On Feb 16, 2018
afolwalex20:

That's exactly what I did.

Check that there are no spaces.. It should work
Re: Are you on steemit??....let's Meet Here... by pabon(m): 2:14pm On Feb 16, 2018
What I've noticed that many new Steemians lack is communication. Early this month, I met with @gbenga, Nigeria's topmost curator and he kept emphasising on that. Four things that will help you on steemit as he mentioned are

CONSISTENCY
COMMENTING
COMMUNICATION
BE ORGANIZED...
Re: Are you on steemit??....let's Meet Here... by pabon(m): 2:20pm On Feb 16, 2018
No matter how good you are at writing and how much you have researched, if people don't get to read your work, you won't earn nada.

One thing we advise newbies (I was given this advise too). Set a target to comment at least 50 times every day. I'm not talking about the "Nice post" kind of comment but one that shows you really read the work. What works for me and I know will work for you is this; immediately you drop your post, go on a marathon commenting on other people's posts.... It will prompt them to come check yours too.

3 Likes

Re: Are you on steemit??....let's Meet Here... by tosyne2much(m): 2:21pm On Feb 16, 2018
pabon:

So you think I'm a programmer or I'm into coding. It just takes a bit of studying and practice.
Hmmmm! Sighs! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Are you on steemit??....let's Meet Here... by doyinisaac(m): 2:37pm On Feb 16, 2018
pabon:

No. Just check one of those links I posted and see.
Alright
Re: Are you on steemit??....let's Meet Here... by doyinisaac(m): 2:44pm On Feb 16, 2018
pabon:

One thing we advise newbies (I was given this advise too). Set a target to comment at least 50 times every day. I'm not talking about the "Nice post" kind of comment but one that shows you really read the work. What works for me and I know will work for you is this; immediately you drop your post, go on a marathon commenting on other people's posts.... It will prompt them to come check yours too.
Well this is very true....
Re: Are you on steemit??....let's Meet Here... by mistercharles: 2:44pm On Feb 16, 2018
Guys my account has not been confirmed
What's going on??
How will I know when they comfirm it??
Re: Are you on steemit??....let's Meet Here... by doyinisaac(m): 2:45pm On Feb 16, 2018
mistercharles:
Guys my account has not been confirmed
What's going on??
How will I know when they comfirm it??
Did they send confirmation code to your phone??
Re: Are you on steemit??....let's Meet Here... by tosyne2much(m): 3:00pm On Feb 16, 2018
pabon:
No matter how good you are at writing and how much you have researched, if people don't get to read your work, you won't earn nada.

This is a very thoughtful comment baba

Let me make a little addition

People should avoid making too short, irrelevant or monosyllabic comments such as "nice post, I like this, interesting, nice one, please upvote me, I just upvoted you, etc

Steemit is dominated by many intellects unlike Instagram, Facebook and Twitter that are highly dominated by unreasonable people. Try to make comments that are very sensible on people's post. By so doing, people might he forced to check up your blog

Another thing I want to chip in is that you should avoid resteeming too many posts ( resteeming means sharing people's posts). I hate to see too many resteemed posts on people's blog and I trust that many people hate it too

When people only take a glance at your blog, what they see will determine whether they will follow you or not and if they see that your blog is devoid of creativity, they lose interest in your blog. If they scroll down and all they see is 5-10 resteemed posts before they see your own post, you're only slowing down your ministry. (people do this but a newbie should avoid it)

Lastly, try to search for this app on playstore "plagiarism check" and make sure you perform plagiarism check as you're writing. Don't let's deceive ourselves here, what most people is to rewrite other people's article and spice it up well

You can rewrite the post of other people but ensure sure you use plagiarism check in order to put you on a safe side.
Once your post is infested by Cheetah's comment, you will earn little or nothing from such post.

Let me add one more thing. Whales like when you hype them and this works like magic too.. Try to comment on their posts and heap praises on them. Whine their head and make them feel like a king. I remember swelling the head of a whale and he gave me $5 straight up. cheesy

Note: Your comment must be in alignment with the post but still try to hype them codedly cheesy

Have I made any sense at all?

8 Likes

Re: Are you on steemit??....let's Meet Here... by doyinisaac(m): 3:11pm On Feb 16, 2018
tosyne2much:
This is a very thoughtful comment baba

Let me make a little addition

People should avoid making too short, irrelevant or monosyllabic comments such as "nice post, I like this, interesting, nice one, please upvote me, I just upvoted you, etc

Steemit is dominated by many intellects unlike Instagram, Facebook and Twitter that are highly dominated by unreasonable people. Try to make comments that are very sensible on people's post. By so doing, people might he forced to check up your blog

Another thing I want to chip in is that you should avoid resteeming too many posts ( resteeming means sharing people's posts). I hate to see too many resteemed posts on people's blog and I trust that many people hate it too

When people only take a glance at your blog, what they see will determine whether they will follow you or not and if they see that your blog is devoid of creativity, they lose interest in your blog. If they scroll down and all they see is 5-10 resteemed posts before they see your own post, you're only slowing down your ministry. (people do this but a newbie should avoid it)

Lastly, try to search for this app on playstore "plagiarism check" and make you perform plagiarism check as you're writing. Don't legs deceive ourselves here, what most people is to rewrite other people's article and spice it up well

You can rewrite the post of other people but ensure sure you use plagiarism check in order to put you on a safe side.

Once your post is infested by Cheetah's comment, you will earn little on nothing from such post

Let me add one more thing. Whales like when you hype them and this works like magic too.. Try to comment on their posts and heap praises on them. Whine their head and make them feel like a king. I remember swelling the head of a whale and he gave me $5 straight up.

Note: Your comment must be in alignment with the post but still try to hype them codedly cheesy

Have I made any sense at all?
i so much like the whining part.....grin........you are making sense bro
Re: Are you on steemit??....let's Meet Here... by Godmother(f): 3:12pm On Feb 16, 2018
doyinisaac:
you can find whales to delegate steempower to you for free,try and send each of them a message through steemit chat then try to convince them on why you deserve a steempower and that you promise them you won't abuse the steempower given to you...

God will continue to bless you o. Words can't express how grateful I am to you.
Re: Are you on steemit??....let's Meet Here... by Godmother(f): 3:12pm On Feb 16, 2018
tosyne2much:
Just make sure you spread your mat

Doyinisaac and Pabon be baba alaye for here cheesy

The three of una be baba slayer and I'm following bumper to bumper.
Re: Are you on steemit??....let's Meet Here... by doyinisaac(m): 3:15pm On Feb 16, 2018
What some newbies do not know is that you can even earn alot from making comments,and since it is comment it is easier to create 1000comments than creating 100posts......you can earn alot of money from comments and just like tosyne2much already stated,commenting on other people posts brings attention to your profile on steemit especially if your comment is interesting,and that would lead to more views on your posts,trust me if 100people visit your blog and you have interesting posts at least you will get 20 upvotes....go to [url]steemwhales.com[/url] and see list of whales then follow those whales on steemit,try to comment on their posts and interact with them....find a way to get their attention.....even use their username to create a unique tag and also inform them through your comments on their blog that you have created a special unique tag for them because you feel they are very special and useful to the steemit community....just make their head swell up...grin.....

2 Likes

Re: Are you on steemit??....let's Meet Here... by tosyne2much(m): 3:17pm On Feb 16, 2018
doyinisaac:
i so much like the whining part.....grin........you are making sense bro
I whined a man with a high SP yesterday and him quickly roger me $0.30 cheesy cheesy

If you can get 4 of that one daily 1 SBD don set baba cheesy cheesy
Re: Are you on steemit??....let's Meet Here... by doyinisaac(m): 3:21pm On Feb 16, 2018
tosyne2much:
I whined a man with a high SP yesterday and him quickly roger me $0.30 cheesy cheesy

If you can get 4 of that one daily 1 SBD don set baba cheesy cheesy
na so
Re: Are you on steemit??....let's Meet Here... by Godmother(f): 3:22pm On Feb 16, 2018
Ammyluv2003:
Oh Lord! I'm totally lost here!

Guys, biko make una remember say newbies dey here now...as in my brain is trying so hard to figure all these out...the lease, and everything. I'm having migraines already.

Cc doyinisaac
tosyne2much
znioshine

cry cry cry

As in ehn! They just entered 'professor mode'and we jambite that are here are just wondering what's going on smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are you on steemit??....let's Meet Here... by tosyne2much(m): 3:24pm On Feb 16, 2018
Try to upvote people's post at least 20 times a day.. It doesn't matter if your upvote is worth $0.00 or $0.01

Someone people do appreciate when you upvote their and they will visit your blog.

As weird as it sounds, do you even know that someone people will send you SBD or steem if you upvote their posts? Ooooh yes it happens (though e fit be $0.02 tongue )

Also, stop following cats and dogs.. Monitor and target people with high SP and follow them. You can even ass-lick them. (It's allowed) cheesy

But stop following cats and dogs with the hope of getting upvotes on your posts
Re: Are you on steemit??....let's Meet Here... by tosyne2much(m): 3:29pm On Feb 16, 2018
doyinisaac:
What some newbies do not know is that you can even earn alot from making comments,and since it is comment it is easier to create 1000comments than creating 100posts......you can earn alot of money from comments and just like tosyne2much already stated,commenting on other people posts brings attention to your profile on steemit especially if your comment is interesting,and that would lead to more views on your posts,trust me if 100people visit your blog and you have interesting posts at least you will get 20 upvotes....go to [url]steemwhales.com[/url] and see list of whales then follow those whales on steemit,try to comment on their posts and interact with them....find a way to get their attention.....even use their username to create a unique tag and also inform them through your comments on their blog that you have created a special unique tag for them because you feel they are very special and useful to the steemit community....just make their head swell up...grin.....
I swear you don get am baba cheesy cheesy

The sad truth is that MOST Nigerians on Steemit have low SP, therefore, if you follow hundreds of them, you will earn nothing.

It's better if you target and ass-lick those people with high SP cheesy
Re: Are you on steemit??....let's Meet Here... by chineduho: 3:32pm On Feb 16, 2018
tosyne2much:
My brother, I have not experienced racism on Steemit oooo so I won't agree with you

If you get $0.02 for 10 upvotes, it means those upvoting your post have low SP and this has nothing to do with oyinbo people. My upvote is worth $0.03 and this has to do with SP

It would make more sense if you said MOST Nigerians have low SP, hence, low effect on your posts

No nigerian has even upvoted any of my posts, so i guess it's low sp oyibos that upvote me.

The competition is getting fierce though as membership increases.

Maybe i should start touring the world cos i noticed photography and travel niche gets upvotes flying in (especially from the whales)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (77) (Reply)

Betonmarket Alerts: Season 5 / For Nairabet Customers And Agents: Free Bets, Bonuses, Questions Etc / Nigerian Naira Or Ghanaian Cedi Which Is Stronger?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.