Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,927 members, 7,810,568 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:18 AM

Are you on steemit??....let's Meet Here... - Business (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Are you on steemit??....let's Meet Here... (109425 Views)

Steemit Adventure - Join, Upvote And Get Upvoted / How To Make Money On Steemit.com [the Social Media That Pays / Steemit.com A Chance To Financinal Freedom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (77) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are you on steemit??....let's Meet Here... by tosyne2much(m): 3:32pm On Feb 16, 2018
doyinisaac:
Did they send confirmation code to your phone??
Baba, seems registration is shut against new members at the moment.

I have guys that have been waiting for their confirmation mail for two weeks now. That's the situation on ground
Re: Are you on steemit??....let's Meet Here... by tosyne2much(m): 3:36pm On Feb 16, 2018
chineduho:

No nigerian has even upvoted any of my posts, so i guess it's low sp oyibos that upvote me.

The competition is getting fierce though as membership increases.

Maybe i should start touring the world cos i noticed photography and travel niche gets upvotes flying in (especially from the whales)
Now that new members are flying in, it's becoming so hard to earn from steemit these days bro... Unlike before that you can cook up anything and still earn.. Now, even with unique and fascinating contents, you might still end up earning nothing. I'm beginning to experience this too

That is why we are trying to look for means to get upvotes by fire by fire force cheesy

1 Like

Re: Are you on steemit??....let's Meet Here... by chineduho: 3:37pm On Feb 16, 2018
doyinisaac:
What some newbies do not know is that you can even earn alot from making comments,and since it is comment it is easier to create 1000comments than creating 100posts......you can earn alot of money from comments and just like tosyne2much already stated,commenting on other people posts brings attention to your profile on steemit especially if your comment is interesting,and that would lead to more views on your posts,trust me if 100people visit your blog and you have interesting posts at least you will get 20 upvotes....go to [url]steemwhales.com[/url] and see list of whales then follow those whales on steemit,try to comment on their posts and interact with them....find a way to get their attention.....even use their username to create a unique tag and also inform them through your comments on their blog that you have created a special unique tag for them because you feel they are very special and useful to the steemit community....just make their head swell up...grin.....

I don't think it's all comments that you get rewarded for, if not i should have enough sbd by now.

I noticed i only got rewarded on my comments that were upvoted.

You should crosscheck
Re: Are you on steemit??....let's Meet Here... by doyinisaac(m): 3:41pm On Feb 16, 2018
chineduho:

No nigerian has even upvoted any of my posts, so i guess it's low sp oyibos that upvote me.

The competition is getting fierce though as membership increases.

Maybe i should start touring the world cos i noticed photography and travel niche gets upvotes flying in (especially from the whales)
false....someone can have steempower that will lead to an 100% upvote value worth 10$ and the same person might upvote you and you get just 1$ from that upvotes,why you may ask??well the answer is that on steemit you are allowed to decide to use part of your steempower for an upvotes on a post which is possible through voting power.....if a whale upvote value at 100% voting power is worth 100$,if the whale decide to upvote your post at 10% voting power then his upvotes on your post is going to be just 10$ so that do not mean they do not have high steem power but it is just that they decided to use a portion of their steempower on your post.....
Re: Are you on steemit??....let's Meet Here... by tosyne2much(m): 3:41pm On Feb 16, 2018
chineduho:

I don't think it's all comments that you get rewarded for, if not i should have enough sbd by now.

You should crosscheck
[i] He never said you will get rewarded for every comment

Sometimes, it might just be that it's only two upvotes you will get on your comments per day which can be very rewarding. Sometimes you earn nothing despite your thoughtful comments

That's the way it works
Re: Are you on steemit??....let's Meet Here... by pabon(m): 3:44pm On Feb 16, 2018
tosyne2much:
This is a very thoughtful comment baba

Let me make a little addition

People should avoid making too short, irrelevant or monosyllabic comments such as "nice post, I like this, interesting, nice one, please upvote me, I just upvoted you, etc

Steemit is dominated by many intellects unlike Instagram, Facebook and Twitter that are highly dominated by unreasonable people. Try to make comments that are very sensible on people's post. By so doing, people might he forced to check up your blog

Another thing I want to chip in is that you should avoid resteeming too many posts ( resteeming means sharing people's posts). I hate to see too many resteemed posts on people's blog and I trust that many people hate it too

When people only take a glance at your blog, what they see will determine whether they will follow you or not and if they see that your blog is devoid of creativity, they lose interest in your blog. If they scroll down and all they see is 5-10 resteemed posts before they see your own post, you're only slowing down your ministry. (people do this but a newbie should avoid it)

Lastly, try to search for this app on playstore "plagiarism check" and make sure you perform plagiarism check as you're writing. Don't let's deceive ourselves here, what most people is to rewrite other people's article and spice it up well

You can rewrite the post of other people but ensure sure you use plagiarism check in order to put you on a safe side.
Once your post is infested by Cheetah's comment, you will earn little or nothing from such post.

Let me add one more thing. Whales like when you hype them and this works like magic too.. Try to comment on their posts and heap praises on them. Whine their head and make them feel like a king. I remember swelling the head of a whale and he gave me $5 straight up. cheesy

Note: Your comment must be in alignment with the post but still try to hype them codedly cheesy

Have I made any sense at all?
You overly make sense. I can't count the number of times I've received good upvote from @surpassinggoogle because of heaping praise. But sha do it well as tosyne2much has said. People like @maryfavor are quick to flag down comments that irritates her. But commenting is a good business. I earned more than $5 last two weeks from commenting alone.

5 Likes

Re: Are you on steemit??....let's Meet Here... by doyinisaac(m): 3:46pm On Feb 16, 2018
tosyne2much:
Baba, seems registration is shut against new members at the moment.

I have guys that have been waiting for their confirmation mail for two weeks now. That's the situation on ground
they should register again
Re: Are you on steemit??....let's Meet Here... by tosyne2much(m): 3:47pm On Feb 16, 2018
doyinisaac:
false....someone can have steempower that will lead to an 100% upvote value worth 10$ and the same person might upvote you and you get just 1$ from that upvotes,why you may ask??well the answer is that on steemit you are allowed to decide to use part of your steempower for an upvotes on a post which is possible through voting power.....if a whale upvote value at 100% voting power is worth 100$,if the whale decide to upvote your post at 10% voting power then his upvotes on your post is going to be just 10$ so that do not mean they do not have high steem power but it is just that they decided to use a portion of their steempower on your post.....
This is very true

Aside hard work, consistency, patience and persistence on Steemit, LUCK ultimately out-rules any other thing

Sometimes, someone can even create a post that doesn't really make sense and a whale might just crawl into the topic and give it a $10
upvote while the same whale will give another post that makes more sense an upvote of $0.10. This is where luck comes in

That someone is a whale does not mean he will always give you a huge amount of upvote. Some of them will upvote your post low at a low percentage
Re: Are you on steemit??....let's Meet Here... by doyinisaac(m): 3:53pm On Feb 16, 2018
chineduho:

You should crosscheck
i never said you will automatically earn because you made a comment.....i am just saying you can get upvotes from comments too and not until you create a topic on your profile
Re: Are you on steemit??....let's Meet Here... by doyinisaac(m): 3:54pm On Feb 16, 2018
tosyne2much:
This is very true

Aside hard work, consistency, patience and persistence on Steemit, LUCK ultimately out-rules any other thing

Sometimes, someone can even create a post that doesn't really make sense and a whale might just crawl into the topic and give it a $10
upvote while the same whale will give worth of upvote $0.10 that makes more sense

That someone is a whale does not mean he will always give you a huge amount of upvote. Some of them will upvote your post low at a low percentage

some whales even use upvotes to ask ladies out on steemit....

4 Likes

Re: Are you on steemit??....let's Meet Here... by tosyne2much(m): 3:56pm On Feb 16, 2018
doyinisaac:
some whales even use upvotes to ask ladies out on steemit....
Hahaha Hahahahah I don die ooooo cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Some whales even use their upvotes to woo ladies and get them in bed cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Are you on steemit??....let's Meet Here... by chineduho: 4:05pm On Feb 16, 2018
doyinisaac:
i never said you will automatically earn because you made a comment.....i am just saying you can get upvotes from comments too and not until you create a topic on your profile

My bad, i misunderstood your comment.
Re: Are you on steemit??....let's Meet Here... by chineduho: 4:10pm On Feb 16, 2018
So how about upvotes, how does one earn from it because i haven't earned from any upvote where i did not comment.

Is there like a limit eg once a post has 'so so' amount of upvotes or 'so so' amount of earnings, any other upvote is insignificant
Re: Are you on steemit??....let's Meet Here... by spicebomb(f): 4:13pm On Feb 16, 2018
And I have been resteeming.... Chimooooo. I have a whole lot to learn here.the few monies I earned vanished while upvoting... No idea

A newbie also.... My steemit account is
http://www.steemit.com/@cutewabbit.

Add me up
Re: Are you on steemit??....let's Meet Here... by funshyboi(m): 4:14pm On Feb 16, 2018
Please what's the meaning of that 25 beside my username

Re: Are you on steemit??....let's Meet Here... by spicebomb(f): 4:16pm On Feb 16, 2018
destinysaid:
very nice brother, meet me there, same username

And I have been resteeming.... Chimooooo. I have a whole lot to learn here.the few monies I earned vanished while upvoting... No idea

Add me up
Re: Are you on steemit??....let's Meet Here... by tosyne2much(m): 4:20pm On Feb 16, 2018
spicebomb:

Add me up
Try to limit the way you resteem. That someone is your friend doesn't not mean that you will resteem anytime he posts

We are both learning too sha cool

1 Like

Re: Are you on steemit??....let's Meet Here... by tosyne2much(m): 4:22pm On Feb 16, 2018
funshyboi:
Please what's the meaning of that 25 beside my username
The "25" is your reputation.. It increases as you keep getting upvotes from people

1 Like

Re: Are you on steemit??....let's Meet Here... by tosyne2much(m): 4:23pm On Feb 16, 2018
chineduho:
So how about upvotes, how does one earn from it because i haven't earned from any upvote where i did not comment.

Is there like a limit eg once a post has 'so so' amount of upvotes or 'so so' amount of earnings, any other upvote is insignificant
Don't expect any reward from upvoting people yet. Your SP is still very low . cheesy

There's no limit to the amount of earnings on posts
Re: Are you on steemit??....let's Meet Here... by Ammyluv2003(f): 4:30pm On Feb 16, 2018
tosyne2much:
Don't expect any reward from upvoting people yet. Your SP is still very low . cheesy

There's no limit to the amount of earnings on posts

Bros, this my "bandwidth limit exceeded" is getting too much. It happens every evening angry angry
Re: Are you on steemit??....let's Meet Here... by tosyne2much(m): 4:33pm On Feb 16, 2018
Ammyluv2003:

Bros, this my "bandwidth limit exceeded" is getting too much. It happens every evening angry angry
It happens sha.. I used to experience this too and I think it is due to the value of steem

Just give it a few hours and everything will be back... Or you could power up one steem to increase your bandwidth
Re: Are you on steemit??....let's Meet Here... by Ammyluv2003(f): 4:38pm On Feb 16, 2018
tosyne2much:
It happens sha.. I used to experience this too and I think it is due to the value of steem

Just give it a few hours and everything will be back... Or you could power up one steem to increase your bandwidth

I don't even have much...just started 2 weeks ago. Though, I ve like $3 yet to be claimed grin grin

I'm saving to invest cheesy
Re: Are you on steemit??....let's Meet Here... by tosyne2much(m): 4:40pm On Feb 16, 2018
Ammyluv2003:

I don't even have much...just started 2 weeks ago. Though, I ve like $3 yet to be claimed grin grin

I'm saving to invest cheesy
Abi you go like date whale? tongue

1 Like

Re: Are you on steemit??....let's Meet Here... by Ammyluv2003(f): 4:42pm On Feb 16, 2018
tosyne2much:
Abi you go like date whale? tongue

Lol...funny! grin

1 Like

Re: Are you on steemit??....let's Meet Here... by mistercharles: 5:34pm On Feb 16, 2018
doyinisaac:
Did they send confirmation code to your phone??
Yes why?
Re: Are you on steemit??....let's Meet Here... by genaro2000(m): 6:19pm On Feb 16, 2018
its been 5 working days now, no confirmation link sent to my email... maybe they have suspended receiving new applicants, maybe next week it will become clearer
Re: Are you on steemit??....let's Meet Here... by festwiz(m): 6:28pm On Feb 16, 2018
Newbie here. steemit.com/@intrepidwiz
Re: Are you on steemit??....let's Meet Here... by warriboy21(m): 6:51pm On Feb 16, 2018
Wetin all dis whales de feel like sef undecided

I beg 1 for upvote...e flag him fada comment undecided

Dem forget say de wer once an ice fish like us b4 becoming whales undecided

Abeg were ice fish and tilapia like us fit buy steempower to de upvote our own post...because blik 9 sure pass now
Re: Are you on steemit??....let's Meet Here... by tosyne2much(m): 7:45pm On Feb 16, 2018
warriboy21:
Wetin all dis whales de feel like sef undecided

I beg 1 for upvote...e flag him fada comment undecided

Dem forget say de wer once an ice fish like us b4 becoming whales undecided

Abeg were ice fish and tilapia like us fit buy steempower to de upvote our own post...because blik 9 sure pass now
You know say whales just be like Nigerian senators for Steemit.. Your earnings lie on their upvotes cheesy
Re: Are you on steemit??....let's Meet Here... by naijaobi(m): 7:46pm On Feb 16, 2018
Does upvoting reduce anything?
I mean like if I decode to upvote 100 times a day for example, does it reduce my seem power, SDB etc.?

Can the gurus please give us a detailed analysis of upvoting. .

Thanks
Re: Are you on steemit??....let's Meet Here... by Godmother(f): 7:54pm On Feb 16, 2018
Cc

Doyinisaac
Tosyne2much
Pabon

I need a little clarification. I usually tick the 'upvote your own post's when making a post. Will this impact my earning potential or should I continue with it?
Re: Are you on steemit??....let's Meet Here... by pabon(m): 8:12pm On Feb 16, 2018
Activity schedule for newbies

● post through *busy.org* and use *busy* as one of your tags

You can get an upvote from busy.org twice a day and in intervals of 12 hours..i.e.. there is a cooldown of 12 hours after a busy upvote

● delegate just 1 steem power to minnowsupport....they upvote few of your posts everyday...2 max i guess

● join the PAL discord channel....you can submit 1 of your post everyday in the post promotion channel for an upvote from the msp-lovebot account.

● try to include *life* and *community* as one of your tags and stand a chance to get an upvote from @bue @hr1 @team and some few other curators

You can also include *nigeria* and *africa* as one of your tags if its a quality and well designed post and stand a chance to get an upvote from nigerian curators.

Thanks for reading and wish you all success in your Steemit journey

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (77) (Reply)

Betonmarket Alerts: Season 5 / For Nairabet Customers And Agents: Free Bets, Bonuses, Questions Etc / Nigerian Naira Or Ghanaian Cedi Which Is Stronger?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.