Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,198 members, 7,839,077 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians (25096 Views)

Generational Curses: The Myths And The Truth According To The Bible / Born Again: Many Christians can not answer "YES" to this question. / Why Many Christians Face Difficulty In Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by Dafreeguy(m): 9:18am On Feb 11, 2018
Ur write-up is so so long. I couldn't read it all
Meanwhile, the curse u talking of is d biblical type, what of the one from villages?
Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by fuckboys: 9:21am On Feb 11, 2018
JesusSonOfGod:

na only Christians curse dey follow?, Muslims nko? undecided
Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by Nukilia: 9:27am On Feb 11, 2018
Bethor:

There is nothing like generational curse bro..
That's the trash they sell to people in churches to keep them in line and in perpetual fear and help in increasing the church treasury..this scam like all others in the church would soon be understood by the gullible and slowly fade off...!!
Peace..!!!

The white man has really done Africans a great wahala! We are gradually losing our sense of reasoning... Who will save Africans from the dangers of religion.
Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by marshalll(m): 9:32am On Feb 11, 2018
Ok
JesusSonOfGod:
Please, do not mind my English, it might not sound professional, but get the message patiently. Thanks and God bless you for reading.

To be free from generational curses, we must be born again. As a born again Christian, we are suppose to be free from all kind of curses including generational curses, because Jesus has paid the price for them all. He became the curse for us and was crucified for our our sake. Which means once you are born again, you become a new creature, all your sins have been forgiven.

To be born again, you must follow the instructions of Christ as it is written in the bible and not the doctrine of men which many have followed today. I will advise you to read patiently to be sure you are on the right path.

2 Corinthians 5: 21 For He hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

2 Corinthians 5: 17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, He is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Galatians 3:13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

Many Christians still suffer from this curse due to ignorance. They fail to follow the commands of Jesus Christ on how to be saved and some who have followed still think they need a special kind of deliverance because they listen and believe the doctrine of men. In the first covenant, God gave His commands to Moses which is to be followed by the Israelites in order to be saved. They were all saved from the plague because they followed strictly the instructions of God. These days, many Christians follow the doctrines of men instead of the doctrine of Christ.

Before I state the five steps to follow in order to be entirely free from theses curses, let me state below the instruction God gave to the Israelites under the first covenant, which is also a shadow of the new covenant.

Exodus 12:1 The Lord said to Moses and Aaron in Egypt, 2 “This month is to be for you the first month, the first month of your year. 3 Tell the whole community of Israel that on the tenth day of this month each man is to take a lamb[a] for his family, one for each household. 4 If any household is too small for a whole lamb, they must share one with their nearest neighbor, having taken into account the number of people there are. You are to determine the amount of lamb needed in accordance with what each person will eat. 5 The animals you choose must be year-old males without defect, and you may take them from the sheep or the goats. 6 Take care of them until the fourteenth day of the month, when all the members of the community of Israel must slaughter them at twilight. 7 Then they are to take some of the blood and put it on the sides and tops of the doorframes of the houses where they eat the lambs. 8 That same night they are to eat the meat roasted over the fire, along with bitter herbs, and bread made without yeast. 9 Do not eat the meat raw or boiled in water, but roast it over a fire—with the head, legs and internal organs. 10 Do not leave any of it till morning; if some is left till morning, you must burn it. 11 This is how you are to eat it: with your cloak tucked into your belt, your sandals on your feet and your staff in your hand. Eat it in haste; it is the Lord’s Passover 12 “On that same night I will pass through Egypt and strike down every firstborn of both people and animals, and I will bring judgment on all the gods of Egypt. I am the Lord. 13 The blood will be a sign for you on the houses where you are, and when I see the blood, I will pass over you. No destructive plague will touch you when I strike Egypt

The Israelites strictly followed this commands of God and when the Lord passed through the land to strike down the Egyptians, He passed through the homes of the Israelites and they were not harmed because He saw the blood of the lamb on the top sides of their door frame. So the Israelites were saved because they followed strictly the order given to them by God.

These generational curses which God himself talked about in the book of Exodus below:
Exodus: 20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

This means, these curses will be visited upon the children because of the sins of the fore Fathers and these curses are visited by God and not satan. Note that in Exodus 20:6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

In this case, it also means Mercy is available through repentance.

Now back to the second covenant (which is also known as the new covenant), which we are under as Christians.

To obtain Mercy/Freedom from all these curses and to have eternal life, Christ commanded us to be born again, John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, He cannot see the kingdom of God.

John 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

To achieve this, there are 5 steps to follow. 1. Hear the Gospel 2. Believe in Jesus Christ 3. Repent from Sin 4. Confess Christ 5. Be Baptised.

I will explain baptism as much as I can because this is where most Christians make a lot of mistakes. The first four steps are most times observed correctly during alter call in most churches.Meanwhile, let me explain briefly the first four.

1. Hear the Gospel - The Gospel is the good news. It is to hear and understand what Christ did for us on the cross. Why He died for us and what He commanded us to do to obtain eternal life.

Luke 10:16 He who hears you hears Me, he who rejects you rejects Me, and he who rejects Me rejects Him who sent Me.”

Romans 10 :13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

2. Believe in Jesus- It is to believe in Jesus Christ as the Son of God. To believe Jesus came in the body of human, though He had no sin, but was crucified for the sake of our sins, so that His blood will cleanse us from all un righteousness and that God raised Him from the dead.

John 3: 16 For God so loved the world, that He gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Romans 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

3. Repent from sin - To turn away from sin. It is to truely feel remorseful of our ungodly ways and completely turn away from them.

Luke 13:5 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

4. Confess Christ - We must confess with our mouth our believe in Christ. To confess Jesus Christ as our Lord and Personal Savior.

Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

5. Be Baptised - This step is the last step. It is called baptism by emersion or baptism by burial (liquid burial). This is the step where many Christians fail to follow as directed in the Bible. Baptism must come after repentance from sin and confessing Christ. This should be when the person is grown in age to the extent where he/she can understand and make decisions by him/her self. Please note this, that without baptism by emersion (this is not the infant baptism by sprinkling), you are not saved yet. You are not yet a born again Christian.

Acts 22: 16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Acts 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

Colossians 2:12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

Baptism by emersion/burial, cleanse us from our sins. It demonstrates our death and burial with Christ, as we emerse completely in the water and we rise up, which demonstrates us been raised to new life. This is not infant baptism of sprinkling done by some churches, this baptism should be immediate, and not necessarily after six months class as some churches do, for this is man's doctrine. Note, in the scriptures below, baptism followed immediately.

Acts 8:35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And He answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. 38 And He commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and He baptized him.

Acts 9: 38 And He commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and He baptized him.

Acts 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.32 And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house.
33 And He took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, He and all his, straightway.

2 Cor 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, He is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

This means, our old life which these generational curses should have visited, has died and has been buried and we have been raised to a new life, which is brand new. This new life no longer has any spiritual link to our forefathers which is supposed to be traced down to Adam. Since Jesus didn't leave us empty which would have mean that we have no link at all, but He gave us His Holy Spirit, which is also the Spirit of sonship, which has qualified us to be sons and daughters of God, now linked to a new lineage of the 2nd Adam which is Jesus Christ.

Rom 8:16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

At the point, Jesus Christ has become our elder brother and God Almighty our father. Also note that the scripture says, same power that raised our Lord Jesus Christ from the dead now lives in us. How then can same God whom has declared us right with Himself still visit us with generational curses? No, this is not possible because whom the son has set free, is free indeed.

John 8: 36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

Rom 8: 1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Rom 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.7 For He that is dead is freed from sin.8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:

Even after all theses and it seems the curses are still manifesting, then we must resist by faith, believing strongly that we are already saved and we should know that and not start thinking we still need a special deliverance.

When it seems to still manifest, this is from satan, trying to make our faith fail in what Jesus has already done, so we must hold on to our faith on the finished work of our Lord Jesus Christ. We must rebuke Satan and he will leave us.

Galatians 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Galatians 5 :1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

See the scriptures below ;

Colossians 2:6-9, Col 2:20-21, Col 1:20-23, Phil 4:6-7, Eph 6:13-18, Gal 1:6-7, Rom 8:31-34, Rom 6:18, Galatians 4:6.

Now when the Lord passes through the land to visit the sins of the forefathers on the generation of sinners, He will pass through, because you now have the mark of the blood of the Lamb (Jesus Christ) on you.

Feed on the word of God constantly to grow in faith. God bless you for reading this.
Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by Franking: 9:33am On Feb 11, 2018
Trash. Everyone is responsible for their own action. There's no such thing as generational curse. You find ways to keep people in bondage by selling the idea of enemies, monitoring spirits, generational curses, etc so they can continue to come to church. Let generational curse, monitoring spirits and enemies kill me. I won't go to church. Thieves.

1 Like

Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by cyrilamx(m): 9:34am On Feb 11, 2018
As a vast student of theology, I never really believed in generational curse though I believe in demonic affliction (demonology), until I experienced all manner of set-back and failures at point of successes. The evidence was there. But I thought I wasn't doing things right. Whether in advance countries or third world countries people re victims of generational curse. In advance countries, victims either seek out Priests for exorcism or astrologers who call such curses NEGATIVE ENERGY.
IN NIGERIA, 3 things fight against success- laziness, governmental policies( corruption and lack of infrastructures), curses or evil manipulation. If u still continue to doubt generational curses as I used to, then read the book "The Kennedy Curse" by Edward Klein. Why America's first family has been haunted by tragedy for 150 years.

paxonel:

Leave that Op to keep talking in ignorance, He has no sense of accuracy.
He cannot possibly know albinism, dwartism, sickle cell, etc what they are
He did not go to school to that extent.
That's the problem we have in this country, it is people who never learned that are mounting the pulpit preaching and cancelling billions of Nigerians, that's why we will remain a corrupt nation.
And the government sees this error as a sacrosanct and cannot do anything about it.
It's a pity.
Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by nairalanduseles: 9:40am On Feb 11, 2018
curse is just an excuse for a failure .......work hard and succeed
Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by RealGucci: 9:48am On Feb 11, 2018
my late dad and his elder bro were enemies
same thing with me and my senior bros
we are enemies
anyday ge crosses my path id kill him
Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by pierrenwob: 9:55am On Feb 11, 2018
Can someone explain the following - especially The peddlers of Generational Course. Ezekiel 18: 1-30 cannot be more explicit.

Ezekiel 18
1 The word of the Lord came to me again, saying, 2 What do you mean by using this proverb concerning the land of Israel, The fathers have eaten sour grapes, and the children's teeth are set on edge?
3 As I live, says the Lord God, you shall not have occasion any more to use this proverb in Israel. 4 Behold, all souls are Mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is Mine; the soul that sins, it shall die.
14 But if this wicked man begets a son who sees all the sins which his father has committed, and considers and fears [God] and does not do like his father, 15 Who has not eaten [food set before idols] upon the mountains nor has lifted up his eyes to the idols of the house of Israel, has not defiled his neighbor's wife, 16 Nor wronged anyone, nor has taken anything in pledge, nor has taken by robbery but has given his bread to the hungry and has covered the naked with a garment, 17 Who has withdrawn his hand from [oppressing] the poor, who has not received interest or increase [from the needy] but has executed My ordinances and has walked in My statutes; he shall not die for the iniquity of his father; he shall surely live.

Also Jeremiah 30:29-32

29 "In those days people will no longer say, "The fathers have eaten sour grapes, but the children's teeth have been set on edge.'
30 Instead, each person will die for his own iniquity. Everyone who eats sour grapes will have his own teeth set on edge."
31 "Look, days are coming," declares the LORD, "when I'll make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah. 32 It won't be like the covenant I made with their ancestors on the day I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt. They broke my covenant, although I was a husband to them," declares the LORD. "I'll put my Law within them and will write it on their hearts. I'll be their God and they will be my people
Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by NairaMaster1(m): 10:13am On Feb 11, 2018
OtemAtum:
Intelligent nations don't discuss superstitious stuffs like generational curses. A well developed brain doesn't get affected psychologically by things they speak against him(i.e curses). Curses can only work on those who are psychologically affected by it. Africans always think that they are under a curse, so they psychologically become retarded. Brain users don't have anything to worry about, because curses don't work on people of higher thinking faculties.

I like your understanding. That curses exist but without effects on intelligent, well developed brains. I feel good.
Thanks Sir.

2 Likes

Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:14am On Feb 11, 2018
Cant believe enlightened people believe all these crap about generational shite.

This is why Africa remains a shithole...

1 Like

Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:19am On Feb 11, 2018
RealGucci:
my late dad and his elder bro were enemies
same thing with me and my senior bros
we are enemies
anyday ge crosses my path id kill him
How ur dad and his bro saw eaxh other and now how u and ur bro see ursefs has nothing to do causes but ur stupidity.

Just and stop taking too much alcohol and weed and see if u will not start seein tins differently.
Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:23am On Feb 11, 2018
Nukilia:

The white man has really done Africans a great wahala! We are gradually losing our sense of reasoning... Who will save Africans from the dangers of religion.
When u go to curch, u see soooooooo many people who er supposed to be very enlightened, listening to this kinda crap about causes with rapt attention.

2 Likes

Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by Olumaeme: 10:55am On Feb 11, 2018
There's nothing like generational curses, stop deceiving yourselves, they only tell you this humongous lies to tie you to church.

They keep you in fears so that you keep coming back to and donating all your monies...
Why is it that it's only in Africa you hear all this crap?
Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by lakesider(m): 10:56am On Feb 11, 2018
Countries where there citizen swim in good life , good health and all the great things of life are not born again .
African need to stop practicing what many countries have abandoned

1 Like

Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by j1mmy: 11:00am On Feb 11, 2018
The "Generational Curses" is your inability to research religion and realize it is 419, you then keep spreading the same 419 to your future generations!

stupid beliefs = Generational Curses
Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by MYDEBBY(m): 11:38am On Feb 11, 2018
There are generational curses, at times it comes into play during childhood, adolescent, adulthood or old age,that you have not experienced it does not mean it is not there.The only antidote is to run to the cross of calvary by faith and surrender ones life to Jesus,stand fast in Christ and continue in him,this guarantees your deliverance. Mind you the writer did not say you should bring money to him nor come to his church, but the principles he outlined are a"do it yourself one" like the Bible said in proverbs 6 deliver yourself as a roe from the hunter.
Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by Originalsly: 11:41am On Feb 11, 2018
Hmmm.... very good piece on baptism.... with back up scripture. But generational curses?.....why no back up scripture? What exactly are generational curses? ....are genetic defects/diseases/hereditary traits are now curses?...that can be cured by prayer? ...a very short man whose father to great great great great grand father were all short is suffering from generational curse?....and should he pray he shall break the curse and begin to grow tall?....or despite having a short wife. ..his next child will be tall?....breaking the generational curse?
Generational curse. .... one of fake pastors' pick pocket tools.

2 Likes

Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by paxonel(m): 12:06pm On Feb 11, 2018
cyrilamx:
As a vast student of theology, I never really believed in generational curse though I believe in demonic affliction (demonology), until I experienced all manner of set-back and failures at point of successes. The evidence was there. But I thought I wasn't doing things right. Whether in advance countries or third world countries people re victims of generational curse. In advance countries, victims either seek out Priests for exorcism or astrologers who call such curses NEGATIVE ENERGY.
IN NIGERIA, 3 things fight against success- laziness, governmental policies( corruption and lack of infrastructures), curses or evil manipulation. If u still continue to doubt generational curses as I used to, then read the book "The Kennedy Curse" by Edward Klein. Why America's first family has been haunted by tragedy for 150 years.

You are not telling to read bible, you are telling me to read Edward Klein.
Did he got his article from the bible or he wrote out of experience?
How am i sure it's not a psychotic episode?
These are questions you should ask yourself.
I tell you, human experiences are physical. They become deception when they are attributed to be spiritual experiences.
We only rely on God who is a better spirit to understand.

1 Like

Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by JesusSonOfGod: 12:22pm On Feb 11, 2018
MYDEBBY:
There are generational curses, at times it comes into play during childhood, adolescent, adulthood or old age,that you have not experienced it does not mean it is not there.The only antidote is to run to the cross of calvary by faith and surrender ones life to Jesus,stand fast in Christ and continue in him,this guarantees your deliverance. Mind you the writer did not say you should bring money to him nor come to his church, but the principles he outlined are a"do it yourself one" like the Bible said in proverbs 6 deliver yourself as a roe from the hunter.

Thanks brother. 95% of people who commented did not read the post. I am trying to make them understand for people who have been tied and manipulated by the fear of generational curses that it does not exist when you are born again. To be born again, you have to follow strictly the commands of Jesus Christ

1 Like

Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by JesusSonOfGod: 12:28pm On Feb 11, 2018
Originalsly:
Hmmm.... very good piece on baptism.... with back up scripture. But generational curses?.....why no back up scripture? What exactly are generational curses? ....are genetic defects/diseases/hereditary traits are now curses?...that can be cured by prayer? ...a very short man whose father to great great great great grand father were all short is suffering from generational curse?....and should he pray he shall break the curse and begin to grow tall?....or despite having a short wife. ..his next child will be tall?....breaking the generational curse?
Generational curse. .... one of fake pastors' pick pocket tools.

I never emphasized on the bolded. Those are not generational curses. Once you are born again, you are free from generational curses and any curse whatsoever

1 Like

Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by histemple: 12:43pm On Feb 11, 2018
JesusSonOfGod:

No one is born free from curses until you become born again. This curses started from Adam down and when you become born again you are disconnected from it and connected to Christ.

How then do you resist the devil if not by faith on the word of God. Faith on the finished work of our Lord Jesus Christ. The devil did all he could to stop Jesus, he could not, so now he wants you to think Jesus didn't do enough for you. Jesus is the Son of God oh, He's God the Son and He humbled Himself and took the body of man so he will be sacrificed for our sins and you think His blood didn't do enough. Pray for understanding.

By sacrificing himself, I believe you mean Jesus being crucified on the cross. But I think he didn't do it voluntarily.

According to the story of Jesus death, he never wanted to die and he even blamed God for forsaking him. I think blaming God for allowing the Pharisees to kill him shows he never knew he was going to die and never did voluntarily.
Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by JesusSonOfGod: 12:45pm On Feb 11, 2018
histemple:

By sacrificing himself, I believe you mean Jesus being crucified on the cross. But I think he didn't do it voluntarily.

According to the story of Jesus death, he never wanted to die and he even blamed God for forsaking him. I think blaming God for allowing the Pharisees to kill him shows he never knew he was going to die and never did voluntarily.

No sir, this your belief is very dangerous. You are very very wrong. You are highly wrong.

1 Like

Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by Tex42(m): 12:47pm On Feb 11, 2018
Great Piece OP...

I've never been an advocate of jumping 4rm one church to another in search of what I already have if I truly knew the God I serve.

For me o, I always try to build my relationship with God and improve spiritually with every passing day.

God help us.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by mailemy(m): 1:21pm On Feb 11, 2018
[quote author=Bethor post=64748610]

There is nothing like generational curse bro..
That's the trash they sell to people in churches to keep them in line and in perpetual fear and help in increasing the church treasury..this scam like all others in the church would soon be understood by the gullible and slowly fade off...!!
Peace..!!![/quote
That's your thought about it. There is a generation curse and it's not about pastor or being gullible. Ask questions and in most cases,you could see some family having same tragedy outcomes.
Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by xxxtedyxxx(m): 1:35pm On Feb 11, 2018
what a useless post.

1 Like

Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by CHUKWUNOLOGICAL(m): 1:41pm On Feb 11, 2018
JesusSonOfGod:
Take note of this.

Modified..

95% of people who commented did not read the post. I am trying to make them understand for people who have been tied and manipulated by the fear of generational curses that it does not exist when you are born again. You are completely free from whatsoever curse as a born again. How can the Holy Spirit live in a cursed person?

The scripture made us know that we now sit in Heavenly realms with our Lord Jesus Christ. We are far above principalities and powers of darkness. The devil wants you to believe the Blood of Jesus did not do enough, so he wants you to think there are other things to do. If Jesus didn't completely set us free, what then can set us free. Is it 'die by fire prayer' or going to something something deliverance ministries... But to be born again, you have to follow strictly the commands of Jesus Christ.
Please one question for u,
some pastors do say that God has forgiven you your present sin and ur future sin by Grace. So whether we fall or Not, we are already redeemed. That all i need is just to Beleive and thats all.
we are already the righteousness of God. Is that true?
Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by JesusSonOfGod: 2:12pm On Feb 11, 2018
CHUKWUNOLOGICAL:

Please one question for u,
some pastors do say that God has forgiven you your present sin and ur future sin by Grace. So whether we fall or Not, we are already redeemed. That all i need is just to Beleive and thats all.
we are already the righteousness of God. Is that true?

It's very wrong. "I have listened to and watched a good number of people wish away their pitiable conditions on the wrong belief that they can commit sin but cannot be sinners because they have been saved. No error will be more deadly than this".

Once you have sinned, you are a sinner and must seek for forgiveness to be free from sin. But as a born again, who has the Holy Spirit living in you, you must detest sin.

Romans 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

Jude 4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

Ephesians 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

1 John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by histemple: 2:16pm On Feb 11, 2018
JesusSonOfGod:

No sir, this your belief is very dangerous. You are very very wrong. You are highly wrong.

Thanks for your response, especially as it was quite civil. However, I would appreciate if you can educate me further perhaps with biblical references instead of just condemning my position which was drawn from the bible.

I am particularly interested in knowing why Jesus cried and blamed God for forsaking him when he was being crucified. Mark 15:34.
Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by CHUKWUNOLOGICAL(m): 2:18pm On Feb 11, 2018
JesusSonOfGod:

It's very wrong. "I have listened to and watched a good number of people wish away their pitiable conditions on the wrong belief that they can commit sin but cannot be sinners because they have been saved. No error will be more deadly than this".

Once you have sinned, you are a sinner and must seek for forgiveness to be free from sin. But as a born again, who has the Holy Spirit living in you, you must detest sin.

Romans 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

Jude 4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

Ephesians 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by JesusSonOfGod: 2:31pm On Feb 11, 2018
histemple:

Thanks for your response, especially as it was quite civil. However, I would appreciate if you can educate me further perhaps with biblical references instead of just condemning my position which was drawn from the bible.

I am particularly interested in knowing why Jesus cried and blamed God for forsaking him when he was being crucified. Mark 15:34.

Jesus knew He will die, because this was why He was sent by God. He left His position in Heaven and came in form of human to be the lamb which will be slaughtered, so the blood would atone for our sins. He was God the Son before He came, He's God the Son and will always be. So he knew all that. Below are the scriptures to back it up.

But meanwhile, why He cried and asked God why He forsook Him was because He was in human form, the pain became much, he spoke as human. The pain became unbearable.

"'And I, if I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all peoples to Myself.' This He said, signifying by what death He would die" (John 12:32-33).

"From that time Jesus began to show to His disciples that He must go to Jerusalem, and suffer many things from the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised the third day" (Matthew 16:21).

"Now while they were staying in Galilee, Jesus said to them, "The Son of Man is about to be betrayed into the hands of men, and they will kill Him, and the third day He will be raised up." And they were exceedingly sorrowful" (Matthew 17:22-23).

"Behold, we are going up to Jerusalem, and the Son of Man will be betrayed to the chief priests and to the scribes; and they will condemn Him to death, and deliver Him to the Gentiles to mock and to scourge and to crucify. And the third day He will rise again" (Matthew 20:18-19).

"And He began to teach them that the Son of Man must suffer many things, and be rejected by the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and after three days rise again" (Mark 8:31).

"For He taught His disciples and said to them, "The Son of Man is being betrayed into the hands of men, and they will kill Him. And after He is killed, He will rise the third day." But they did not understand this saying, and were afraid to ask Him" (Mark 9:31-32).

"Behold, we are going up to Jerusalem, and the Son of Man will be betrayed to the chief priests and to the scribes; and they will condemn Him to death and deliver Him to the Gentiles; and they will mock Him, and scourge Him, and spit on Him, and kill Him. And the third day He will rise again" (Mark 10:33-34).

"And He strictly warned and commanded them to tell this to no one, saying, "The Son of Man must suffer many things, and be rejected by the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised the third day." Then He said to them all, "If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me" (Luke 9:21-23).

"Then He took the twelve aside and said to them, "Behold, we are going up to Jerusalem, and all things that are written by the prophets concerning the Son of Man will be accomplished. For He will be delivered to the Gentiles and will be mocked and insulted and spit upon. They will scourge Him and kill Him. And the third day He will rise again." But they understood none of these things; this saying was hidden from them, and they did not know the things which were spoken" (Luke 18:31-34).

Please, if you are not convinced yet, let me know, I will make out time to explain in the evening.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jesus Was From Nigeria: BBC / Bishop Abioye: Any Man Who Doesn't Show Commitment Financially Not Safe To Marry / Matthias Ezeaku Declared Wanted Over Defamation Of Prophet Fufeyin's Character

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.