Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,079 members, 7,838,721 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians (25093 Views)

Generational Curses: The Myths And The Truth According To The Bible / Born Again: Many Christians can not answer "YES" to this question. / Why Many Christians Face Difficulty In Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by shadeyinka(m): 3:16pm On Feb 11, 2018
Xisnin:

Poverty is the root cause of what people term "generational curse".
Ignorance is not bliss.
Poverty is a big problem indeed but it isn't the only form of manifestation of generational curses

Eg.
Barrenness
Kleptomania
Anger/Rage/Violence

But, I also agree with you in that poverty indeed is a serious problem that mask many others
Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by shadeyinka(m): 3:17pm On Feb 11, 2018
paxonel:

Exactly,
You are very correct
You're welcome.
Happy Sunday
Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by shadeyinka(m): 3:20pm On Feb 11, 2018
paxonel:

It was not that Peter was inflicted by demons, he was just simply ignorant of how Jesus was going to achieve his aim of saving mankind, he never thought Jesus was going to die .

The same thing applies, Christians today can be ignorant of how to make wealth and be relevant, but that does not mean they are inflicted by demons or being pursued spiritually by forces from their village as they are made to believe by their pastors .

Therefore, the only solution to their problem is education, not any deliverance.
You didn't answer the question.
Why did Jesus call Peter 'Satan'?
Was Peter the 'Satan' in disguise?
Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by Follygunners: 3:38pm On Feb 11, 2018
Bethor:

There is nothing like generational curse bro..
That's the trash they sell to people in churches to keep them in line and in perpetual fear and help in increasing the church treasury..this scam like all others in the church would soon be understood by the gullible and slowly fade off...!!
Peace..!!!

You nailed it, bro. We're all responsible for our own actions. Jesus came to set us all free from all this BS! To hell with all these nonsense stories from the "spiritual assholes"!
Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by shadeyinka(m): 3:43pm On Feb 11, 2018
petra1:

If a man receive christ as a new creature . Does ancestra curse have effect on such by default or . It can only have effect when there is an entry point or open door .

All ancestral curses are product of sin!

I will give you two hypothetical examples:
1. My great great grand father lived in the time of slave trade and inter-village wars. He loved his family so much that he went to make a deal with demons (idols) for protection for his family that non will be carried off in slavery.

Blood Sacrifices are made to seal the deal. The idol protects but is given ACCESS to his linage. All his generations must pay regular obeisance and worship to the idol and must also observe so taboos.

Come 2014, I become born again: the demons loose ownership/control over my spirit but since my job, education, finances are not born again, they harass me through them.

2. My forefathers needed to make a sacrifice to their gods. This require human sacrifice. The virgin slave who lived all her life with the family was chosen. She pleads and begs but all fell to deaf ears.

And then, with bitterness of heart and tears she begins to make pronounsments
- as her life was cut off in her prime, so would it begin to happen in this family
-when their joy is almost maturing, then it shall be cut off
-as she could not have her own child of her own, barrenness will not depart from this family

Now, a sacrilage had been committed already. The sacrificial girl has a legal right over them for she has done no wrong against them. So, a demon or a group of demons enforces the curse.

3. A driver was over speeding. He hits a man and refuses to stop. He escapes and because of this , his victim bleed to death.

He has broken the hedge and an opportunistic demon attaches itself to the man. Several years down the line, manifestations begin to show.

Like I said, if a man is born again, is his Job, education, lecturers, business also born again? Its just like Job: Satan can harass job through everything that can touch jobs joy and comfort.

Of course unless the christian stands up to resist Satan and his demons, the demons will control whatever is within their reach. Standing up to take control over your possessions is called self deliverance through Christ Jesus.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by shadeyinka(m): 3:45pm On Feb 11, 2018
Muafrika2:

Its been some time,

Quite true. I would say it is part of the fire that comes to teach our hands how to make war. We are conquerors indeed. But a conqueror needs a battle to be one.

A christian who gets saved and lives a perfect life will never grow in faith, power, understanding. I wonder what op would think about growing in faith, if it is a fact.
Perfectly said.
We are soldiers of Christ and not civilians: and that is why we should expect the enemy to attempt to destroy us. But, attack is the best form of defence.

Resist the devil and he shall flee from you...

1 Like

Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by orisa37: 4:13pm On Feb 11, 2018
Those Generations must individually be Born Again to remove the curses
Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by paxonel(m): 4:31pm On Feb 11, 2018
shadeyinka:

You didn't answer the question.
Why did Jesus call Peter 'Satan'?
Was Peter the 'Satan' in disguise?
Ok,
He was the Satan in disguise at that moment, Does that makes him inflicted by demon?
Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by shadeyinka(m): 4:44pm On Feb 11, 2018
paxonel:

Ok,
He was the Satan in disguise at that moment, Does that makes him inflicted by demon?

The words Peter spoke was ministered to him by Satan.
Jesus wasn't rebuking Peter; Jesus was indeed rebuking Satan who had used Peters mouth to speak.

Now, just remember that about 5 minuites before that, the Holy Spirit just finished using the same Peter.

In other words, even though Satan doesn't OWN Peter, Satan could influence Peter.

A long term satanic influence over a person is called demonization.

It is impossible for a born again (Christian) to be possessed. But a Christian can be demonized.

If a Christian can be demonized how much more his business, education, relationships and sometimes it is his health.

1 Like

Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by shadeyinka(m): 4:55pm On Feb 11, 2018
petra1:

If a man receive christ as a new creature . Does ancestra curse have effect on such by default or . It can only have effect when there is an entry point or open door .

I descoverd that I didn't answer your direct question.

Ancestral curse doesn't automatically fall on every descendant of a cursed linage.

The way I understand it is like the sickle cell gene. The fact that both of my parents are AS-AS does not mean that I would be a sickler or carrier of the Sickle cell gene.

That is, even though both parents are AS, they could have 4 children who are AA.

So, it isn't automatic that generational curses pass down to all the children.

Some generational curses/demonization is broken
1. At salvation
2. Through spiritual sanitation (living holy)
3. Imbibing the Word (flushing)
4. Some must be by WAR!

This war is what is known as deliverance.

Deliverance could be
1. Self ministered
2. Ministered by another person
3. Mass Ministration (like public church prayers)
Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by bukatyne(f): 5:01pm On Feb 11, 2018
Interesting discuss.

I particularly learnt front the OP the last step of conversion we don't follow up on: baptism.

And I agree with Shadeyinka on this...
We need to be delivered by self or others of generational curses. The 2nd post directly above clearly explains it.

Like Paul said, on earth we know in parts and I am glad l learnt from the OP even if I don't agree with his stance on ancestral curses. I believe he is just capturing the curse of the law which is broken automatically at Salvation.
Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by Nobody: 5:06pm On Feb 11, 2018
JesusSonOfGod:
Please, do not mind my English, it might not sound professional, but get the message patiently. Thanks and God bless you for reading.

To be free from generational curses, we must be born again. As a born again Christian, we are suppose to be free from all kind of curses including generational curses, because Jesus has paid the price for them all. He became the curse for us and was crucified for our our sake. Which means once you are born again, you become a new creature, all your sins have been forgiven.

To be born again, you must follow the instructions of Christ as it is written in the bible and not the doctrine of men which many have followed today. I will advise you to read patiently to be sure you are on the right path.

2 Corinthians 5: 21 For He hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

2 Corinthians 5: 17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, He is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

Galatians 3:13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

Many Christians still suffer from this curse due to ignorance. They fail to follow the commands of Jesus Christ on how to be saved and some who have followed still think they need a special kind of deliverance because they listen and believe the doctrine of men. In the first covenant, God gave His commands to Moses which is to be followed by the Israelites in order to be saved. They were all saved from the plague because they followed strictly the instructions of God. These days, many Christians follow the doctrines of men instead of the doctrine of Christ.

Before I state the five steps to follow in order to be entirely free from theses curses, let me state below the instruction God gave to the Israelites under the first covenant, which is also a shadow of the new covenant.

Exodus 12:1 The Lord said to Moses and Aaron in Egypt, 2 “This month is to be for you the first month, the first month of your year. 3 Tell the whole community of Israel that on the tenth day of this month each man is to take a lamb[a] for his family, one for each household. 4 If any household is too small for a whole lamb, they must share one with their nearest neighbor, having taken into account the number of people there are. You are to determine the amount of lamb needed in accordance with what each person will eat. 5 The animals you choose must be year-old males without defect, and you may take them from the sheep or the goats. 6 Take care of them until the fourteenth day of the month, when all the members of the community of Israel must slaughter them at twilight. 7 Then they are to take some of the blood and put it on the sides and tops of the doorframes of the houses where they eat the lambs. 8 That same night they are to eat the meat roasted over the fire, along with bitter herbs, and bread made without yeast. 9 Do not eat the meat raw or boiled in water, but roast it over a fire—with the head, legs and internal organs. 10 Do not leave any of it till morning; if some is left till morning, you must burn it. 11 This is how you are to eat it: with your cloak tucked into your belt, your sandals on your feet and your staff in your hand. Eat it in haste; it is the Lord’s Passover 12 “On that same night I will pass through Egypt and strike down every firstborn of both people and animals, and I will bring judgment on all the gods of Egypt. I am the Lord. 13 The blood will be a sign for you on the houses where you are, and when I see the blood, I will pass over you. No destructive plague will touch you when I strike Egypt

The Israelites strictly followed this commands of God and when the Lord passed through the land to strike down the Egyptians, He passed through the homes of the Israelites and they were not harmed because He saw the blood of the lamb on the top sides of their door frame. So the Israelites were saved because they followed strictly the order given to them by God.

These generational curses which God himself talked about in the book of Exodus below:
Exodus: 20:5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

This means, these curses will be visited upon the children because of the sins of the fore Fathers and these curses are visited by God and not satan. Note that in Exodus 20:6 And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

In this case, it also means Mercy is available through repentance.

Now back to the second covenant (which is also known as the new covenant), which we are under as Christians.

To obtain Mercy/Freedom from all these curses and to have eternal life, Christ commanded us to be born again, John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, He cannot see the kingdom of God.

John 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

To achieve this, there are 5 steps to follow. 1. Hear the Gospel 2. Believe in Jesus Christ 3. Repent from Sin 4. Confess Christ 5. Be Baptised.

I will explain baptism as much as I can because this is where most Christians make a lot of mistakes. The first four steps are most times observed correctly during alter call in most churches.Meanwhile, let me explain briefly the first four.

1. Hear the Gospel - The Gospel is the good news. It is to hear and understand what Christ did for us on the cross. Why He died for us and what He commanded us to do to obtain eternal life.

Luke 10:16 He who hears you hears Me, he who rejects you rejects Me, and he who rejects Me rejects Him who sent Me.”

Romans 10 :13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

2. Believe in Jesus- It is to believe in Jesus Christ as the Son of God. To believe Jesus came in the body of human, though He had no sin, but was crucified for the sake of our sins, so that His blood will cleanse us from all un righteousness and that God raised Him from the dead.

John 3: 16 For God so loved the world, that He gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Romans 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

3. Repent from sin - To turn away from sin. It is to truely feel remorseful of our ungodly ways and completely turn away from them.

Luke 13:5 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

4. Confess Christ - We must confess with our mouth our believe in Christ. To confess Jesus Christ as our Lord and Personal Savior.

Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

5. Be Baptised - This step is the last step. It is called baptism by emersion or baptism by burial (liquid burial). This is the step where many Christians fail to follow as directed in the Bible. Baptism must come after repentance from sin and confessing Christ. This should be when the person is grown in age to the extent where he/she can understand and make decisions by him/her self. Please note this, that without baptism by emersion (this is not the infant baptism by sprinkling), you are not saved yet. You are not yet a born again Christian.

Acts 22: 16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Acts 2:41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

Colossians 2:12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

Baptism by emersion/burial, cleanse us from our sins. It demonstrates our death and burial with Christ, as we emerse completely in the water and we rise up, which demonstrates us been raised to new life. This is not infant baptism of sprinkling done by some churches, this baptism should be immediate, and not necessarily after six months class as some churches do, for this is man's doctrine. Note, in the scriptures below, baptism followed immediately.

Acts 8:35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And He answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. 38 And He commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and He baptized him.

Acts 9: 38 And He commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and He baptized him.

Acts 16:31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.32 And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house.
33 And He took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, He and all his, straightway.

2 Cor 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, He is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

This means, our old life which these generational curses should have visited, has died and has been buried and we have been raised to a new life, which is brand new. This new life no longer has any spiritual link to our forefathers which is supposed to be traced down to Adam. Since Jesus didn't leave us empty which would have mean that we have no link at all, but He gave us His Holy Spirit, which is also the Spirit of sonship, which has qualified us to be sons and daughters of God, now linked to a new lineage of the 2nd Adam which is Jesus Christ.

Rom 8:16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

At the point, Jesus Christ has become our elder brother and God Almighty our father. Also note that the scripture says, same power that raised our Lord Jesus Christ from the dead now lives in us. How then can same God whom has declared us right with Himself still visit us with generational curses? No, this is not possible because whom the son has set free, is free indeed.

John 8: 36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

Rom 8: 1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Rom 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.7 For He that is dead is freed from sin.8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:

Even after all theses and it seems the curses are still manifesting, then we must resist by faith, believing strongly that we are already saved and we should know that and not start thinking we still need a special deliverance.

When it seems to still manifest, this is from satan, trying to make our faith fail in what Jesus has already done, so we must hold on to our faith on the finished work of our Lord Jesus Christ. We must rebuke Satan and he will leave us.

Galatians 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Galatians 5 :1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

See the scriptures below ;

Colossians 2:6-9, Col 2:20-21, Col 1:20-23, Phil 4:6-7, Eph 6:13-18, Gal 1:6-7, Rom 8:31-34, Rom 6:18, Galatians 4:6.

Now when the Lord passes through the land to visit the sins of the forefathers on the generation of sinners, He will pass through, because you now have the mark of the blood of the Lamb (Jesus Christ) on you.

Feed on the word of God constantly to grow in faith. God bless you for reading this.

Why generational curses never destroy America

3 Likes

Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by petra1(m): 5:10pm On Feb 11, 2018
paxonel:

Forget it,
It was not demons you casted out from them, scriptures cannot lie.

So what came out and they became whole

They are just being schizophrenic

That’s a demon of dual personality

If you see demon you fit stand?

They know me and fear me.

Make God not let us see bad thing o.

Now I know where the problem is . Brother You don’t need to fear them .
Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by shadeyinka(m): 5:14pm On Feb 11, 2018
bukatyne:
Interesting discuss.

I particularly learnt front the OP the last step of conversion we don't follow up on: baptism.

And I agree with Shadeyinka on this...
We need to be delivered by self or others of generational curses. The 2nd post directly above clearly explains it.

Like Paul said, on earth we know in parts and I am glad l learnt from the OP even if I don't agree with his stance on ancestral curses. I believe he is just capturing the curse of the law which is broken automatically at Salvation.

Yes mam
The curse of the Law is broken at Salvation.

Many people do not know that "Salvation" is actually the Deliverance of ones Spirit from satanic contamination and the curse of spiritual death.

Christianity is warfare!
Satan as an enemy is expected to do everything within his power to pummel us to giving up our territory won for us by Christ Jesus.

Our duty as Christians is to resist by aggressive spiritual maneuvers using every spiritual weapon at our disposal
Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by Nobody: 5:16pm On Feb 11, 2018
I see my good friends here again. Been a while. As with my style of dividing the scriptures, any personal experience which cannot be backed up by God’s word is simply your own experience and not applicable to the body of Christ.

Like I’ve always said, in life, there will always be challenges whether you are born again or not. Demons can harass a Christian so long as God allows it.

The story of being born again and having generational curses is a big falsehood that is predominantly heard in Nigerian Christianity (now spreading it out to the rest of Africa). It’s amazing how none of these new insights was taught to the new converts in the Bible.

My point is simple. When one is born again, it is the spirit that is born again. Generational curses are spiritual and passed on through bloodlines. How then does a new born spirit still retain parts of his old spirit? Now, it does not mean that those spirit or demons will not try to frustrate you in one way or the other but God allows such to strengthen us as good soldiers. In my walk with God and even according to the Bible, Faith is more important than chanting Out prayer points.

What you believe is key!

2 Likes

Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by Originalsly: 5:27pm On Feb 11, 2018
JesusSonOfGod:

I never emphasized on the bolded. Those are not generational curses. Once you are born again, you are free from generational curses and any curse whatsoever
So what really is generational curse?....can you give an example?....or any other curse whatsoever?
Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by paxonel(m): 5:29pm On Feb 11, 2018
petra1:

So what came out and they became whole
They only recovered from their delusion after a short while

That’s a demon of dual personality
Find out the meaning of schizophrenia, it's nothing spiritual at all.

They know me and fear me.
same to all christians.

Now I know where the problem is . Brother You don’t need to fear them
I don't need to be afraid of demons. All I'm saying is, Christ has done everything ,we don't have any demon battle to fight cos if we do, then we cannot stand it on our own.
Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by Sexyrosa: 5:31pm On Feb 11, 2018
OP u have done your part...Leave the ignorant ones to argue all dey like...

1 Like

Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by ItsMeAboki(m): 5:59pm On Feb 11, 2018
NOETHNICITY:
When u go to curch, u see soooooooo many people who er supposed to be very enlightened, listening to this kinda crap about causes with rapt attention.

You mean like this and that?

2 Likes

Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by petra1(m): 6:16pm On Feb 11, 2018
paxonel:
I don't need to be afraid of demons. All I'm saying is, Christ has done everything ,we don't have any demon battle to fight cos if we do, then we cannot stand it on our own.

Casting out demons is one of our mandates

Mark 16:17
17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by paxonel(m): 6:25pm On Feb 11, 2018
petra1:

Casting out demons is one of our mandates

Mark 16:17
17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

That's true, but only from non christians, not from christians
Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by petra1(m): 6:35pm On Feb 11, 2018
shadeyinka:

Most Christians who argue in the contrary usually has never conducted a deliverance session for anybody.

True statement . Anyone that denied demonic activity in lives of Christians is ignorant of spiritual side of life . There are cases that even speaking in tongues and confessing the word does not deal with . Someone need to cast the devil out !
Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by petra1(m): 6:39pm On Feb 11, 2018
paxonel:

That's true, but only from non christians, not from christians

From CHRISTIANS sir. It’s not even advisable to cast devils out of non Christians . Because it will come back . Are you aware that many dicknesss deceases are demonic ? Do Christians fall sick? Anyone who heals the sick will know that demons manifest in many cases when ministering to a sick christian . Some demon will even talk “I AM SPIRIT OF DEATH “

1 Like

Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by petra1(m): 6:44pm On Feb 11, 2018
paxonel:

Do you still have the believe that christians can be afflicted by demons?

It’s like saying Christians can’t fall sick. Are you aware that many ailment are demonic. When you just cast the spirit of infirmity out healing takes place
Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by petra1(m): 6:58pm On Feb 11, 2018
PrecisionFx:

There are several deliverance ministers in America . Casting out of demons have been on for about 100 years
Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by emmayoc: 7:00pm On Feb 11, 2018
OP thanks for this exposition. Indeed the greatest weapon of Satan is ignorance. Once u are ignorant of what Christ has done and finished on ur behalf, Satan will torment u with that. Pls, for those of us who are categorising albinism, dwarfism, sickle cell, etc as generational curses, u might be making a mistake here. Generational curses are negative events that are seen to manifest and affect families from past generations negatively. Ex, nobody give birth to male children, girls marry and come back to their parents home, diabetes, cancer, high bp, arthritis etc in the linage, near success syndromes, nobody build a house etc. They are many but this are lies of the devil as Jesus has freed u from them all on the cross immediately u bliv and accept Him.
This is different from the former I mentioned. Albinism, dwarfism is not a curse my people, this are gene's. Some people are created that way. Why do we have white and black people? This are nature and not generational curse as some pole bliv. Sickle cell on the other hand is curse by incompatibility on blood genotype's. This can receive supernatural healing by the power in the blood of Jesus. I have a woman in my church who God changed her genotype from SS to AS. It was proven, not a fiction. So let's always diffrenciate before we make our argument's.

OP, pls I wish to correct something on ur write up so that people won't misinterpret it. BAPTISM does not wash away ur sin and it is not a criteria for u to make heaven. The bible explicitly says in John 3:3; Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. It is the blood of Jesus that washes away our sin not baptism. See 1John 1:7. There are so many passages to explain it but consider who repents on his sick bed and has no time for baptism, does it mean he will go to hell because he didn't baptise? NO.
Baptism on the other hand is an indication that u are dead to sin and have risen in newness of life. ROM 6:4. So baptism doesn't cleanse mans sin, the blood of Jesus does and baptism is a sign u are dead to sin and the law of this world and risen with Christ as a new man.
Shalom

1 Like

Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by bukatyne(f): 7:20pm On Feb 11, 2018
PrecisionFx:

The constant push beyond moral borders might be their own curse.
Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by shadeyinka(m): 7:23pm On Feb 11, 2018
petra1:

True statement . Anyone that denied demonic activity in lives of Christians is ignorant of spiritual side of life . There are cases that even speaking in tongues and confessing the word does not deal with . Someone need to cast the devil out !
I agree perfectly with you.

Until one sees a seriously sick serious Christian, one is tempted to believe that since Jesus bore on Himself our infirmities, Christians cannot be sick.

So also with demonisation of Christians.

1 Like

Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by bedspread: 7:58pm On Feb 11, 2018
Generational Curses are Real Just Like Generational Blessings are Real !! Quite a Lot of folks today are suffering due to the wicked acts carried out by the parents and grand parents Just as Many are Enjoying the Blessings due to the Good deeds of their Parents and Fire fathers..

The Way to Seprate one's self from Generational curses is to Genuinely Accept JESUS CHRIST as Lord and Savior...

Constant Fellowship with JESUS in a Heaven Recongnised Church...

Anointing Breaks the Yoke

1 Like

Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by Nobody: 7:59pm On Feb 11, 2018
bukatyne:

The constant push beyond moral borders might be their own curse.
Morality depends on each civilization. What u call immoral is quite normal in another Clime n it doesn't disturb them. Like in China Siblings get married, have sex n have children n its quite normal over there but its an abomination in our own country.

China is still 10,000 times better than Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by Nobody: 8:03pm On Feb 11, 2018
petra1:

There are several deliverance ministers in America . Casting out of demons have been on for about 100 years

Lol.
Bros dress do back go stay.

Less than 30% of Americans identify as Christians.

Of that under 30%, less than 10% attend Sunday mass.

America even censor the word "God" across their media.

Yet they are the richest n the most powerful force on earth.

Dress abeg

2 Likes

Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by paxonel(m): 9:03pm On Feb 11, 2018
petra1:

From CHRISTIANS sir. It’s not even advisable tbcadt devils out of non Christians . CHRISTIANA do fall sick . Many sicknesses are demonic affliction
Ok, what you refer to as demonic is anything bad including sickness?
Every failure in life is demonic too abi?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bishop Abioye: Any Man Who Doesn't Show Commitment Financially Not Safe To Marry / Jesus Was From Nigeria: BBC / Matthias Ezeaku Declared Wanted Over Defamation Of Prophet Fufeyin's Character

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.