Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,671 members, 7,837,475 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians (25080 Views)

Generational Curses: The Myths And The Truth According To The Bible / Born Again: Many Christians can not answer "YES" to this question. / Why Many Christians Face Difficulty In Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by shadeyinka(m): 8:52am On Feb 13, 2018
Processor01:

So, what exactly is the analysis drawn from that scripture? Are you aware that fever can be caused by demons or due to a breakdown in our immune system? Or did Jesus or his disciples go around casting demons out of everyone with a fever?
Actually if you studied the scriptures, Jesus didnt seem to draw much distinction between healing and deliverance; for healing is a form of deliverance.
Most diseases are Pathological in nature.
Sometime we break down because of bad diet
and Sometimes also, we breakdown because of lack of excercise
BUT
Sometimes too, it is an affliction.

About 2 years ago, a couple came for prayers in our church. They were looking for the fruit of the womb. Hospital report showed that the woman had fluids in her Fallopian tube. She was supposed to go for surgery. We prayed for her and less than 5 weeks after, she conceived.
Am I saying she was demonized? No.
But her situation had been clinically diagnosed and ordinarily should require medical intervention BUT Jesus came in and vola..pregnancy.

The man at Gadarene should have been put in a mental institution. Jesus could correctly diagnose his problem: demonic possession. The sickness of his soul was healed. In modern terms we would talk about Multiple Personality Disorder, Schizophrenia etc

Processor01:

That someone goes to church regularly does not make them a Christian and yes, I would not be surprised to see such people manifest. Again, I repeat, I don't follow the typical naija style of 'serious christian' since they can often refer to serious churchgoers.

So, if you say Christians can be demonized and going by the examples you have given that means Christians can have demons and the holy spirit sharing the same temple, no? Can you kindly expatiate on this and please back it up with scriptures.

Of course not everyone who is an active church goer is born Again. Even some Pastors are not Born Again.
However, we most often conclude a person is born again because of the kind of interaction we have with them. I dont know you but I cant help but believe that you are born again.

In church, there are some people like that. When you see them manifest, you will be confused.

Apart from that, most often when one is not sure of a persons stand in Christ, before ministering deliverance, the first thing you want to do is to lead them to Christ.

What happens if you were praying for a young man you personally lead to Christ and he starts manifesting: would you conclude that his salvation was questionable?

I have explained the second part of your question:
A Christian CANNOT be possessed by demons.
A Christians SPIRIT is RENEWED/RECREATED by the Holy Spirit so it cannot harbor demons or curses
However
A christian can be afflicted/demonized/influenced by Demons
A christians Body, Soul or Possessions can be put under satanic seige

Processor01:

The example you gave about that Church in your post is typical of most Nigerian church where their doctrines or beliefs are not based on God's word but on human feelings or their misunderstanding of the bible. Faith without works refers to what exactly? Casting out demons from Christians? Is this what we were commanded to do? Did any of the early believers cast out demons from new converts? At least, if any group of people needed deliverance, it must have been the gentiles who worshipped all manner of gods.

Please, bring it on but let's divide the scripture - I don't want experiences with no scriptural backing becasue it's a good recipe for confusion.
You seem not to get me.
When a christian begins to PReach Salvation, he encounters people who will need help. As he prays for them, a few would manifest. And part of those few would be Born Agains who has problems.

In other words, the more surgery a doctor does: the higher the tendency of seenig men with their heart on their right side of the chest.
Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by MuttleyLaff: 9:16am On Feb 13, 2018
Processor01:
The example you gave about that Church in your post is typical of most Nigerian church where their doctrines or beliefs are not based on God's word but on human feelings or their misunderstanding of the bible. Faith without works refers to what exactly? Casting out demons from Christians? Is this what we were commanded to do? Did any of the early believers cast out demons from new converts? At least, if any group of people needed deliverance, it must have been the gentiles who worshipped all manner of gods.

Please, bring it on but let's divide the scripture - I don't want experiences with no scriptural backing becasue it's a good recipe for confusion

shadeyinka:
Actually if you studied the scriptures, Jesus didnt seem to draw much distinction between healing and deliverance; for healing is a form of deliverance.
Most diseases are Pathological in nature.
Sometime we break down because of bad diet
and Sometimes also, we breakdown because of lack of excercise
BUT
Sometimes too, it is an affliction.

About 2 years ago, a couple came for prayers in our church. They were looking for the fruit of the womb. Hospital report showed that the woman had fluids in her Fallopian tube. She was supposed to go for surgery. We prayed for her and less than 5 weeks after, she conceived.
Am I saying she was demonized? No.
But her situation had been clinically diagnosed and ordinarily should require medical intervention BUT Jesus came in and vola..pregnancy.

The man at Gadarene should have been put in a mental institution. Jesus could correctly diagnose his problem: demonic possession. The sickness of his soul was healed. In modern terms we would talk about Multiple Personality Disorder, Schizophrenia etc

Of course not everyone who is an active church goer is born Again. Even some Pastors are not Born Again.
However, we most often conclude a person is born again because of the kind of interaction we have with them. I dont know you but I cant help but believe that you are born again.

In church, there are some people like that. When you see them manifest, you will be confused.

Apart from that, most often when one is not sure of a persons stand in Christ, before ministering deliverance, the first thing you want to do is to lead them to Christ.

What happens if you were praying for a young man you personally lead to Christ and he starts manifesting: would you conclude that his salvation was questionable?

I have explained the second part of your question:
A Christian CANNOT be possessed by demons.
A Christians SPIRIT is RENEWED/RECREATED by the Holy Spirit so it cannot harbor demons or curses
However
A christian can be afflicted/demonized/influenced by Demons
A christians Body, Soul or Possessions can be put under satanic seige
Good post
Meanwhile, there was no science as such in biblical times to understand neurons
So, of course the neurotic man Jesus healed for lack of a better word and/or understanding was put him down as being "demon possessed"

Jesus knew that the man has some unpleasant brain effects causing his anxiety and neurotic behaviour
and so merely just restored the chemical imbalance in the man's head to heal him.

There is a spirit or demons, of course behind the man's neurotic behaviour, which got casted off into the herd of pigs

Get a christian and/or believer to take bath salts', then standby to watch the manifestations of spirits or demons

shadeyinka:
You seem not to get me.
When a christian begins to PReach Salvation, he encounters people who will need help. As he prays for them, a few would manifest. And part of those few would be Born Agains who has problems.

In other words, the more surgery a doctor does: the higher the tendency of seenig men with their heart on their right side of the chest.
Please put some extravagant and generous meat on the emboldened
What are you saying here?
As I dont seem to follow
Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by shadeyinka(m): 9:30am On Feb 13, 2018
Asajesus:
hello sir, I tried to do as instructed but was told I have sent multiple messages. I don't know if u have seen them or not. Pls can you kindly send me a text message on this number, 08117331198, or send an email to me chiwenduchiwenduo@ gmail.com hoping to hear from u as soon as possible. Like I said it's urgent tnx.. God bless
Please chaeck your email.
I have also sent a text to you.
Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by shadeyinka(m): 9:56am On Feb 13, 2018
mabea:
@ Shadeyinka while i agree with most of the things you said, they are some i feel i should make a little remark on. Jesus indeed paid all our debts (every negative things of life). My experience tells much about this. Before 2015 i used to be afflicted by sickness at a particular time of the year until my faith came alive. The scriptures were so real and i threw all the drugs and stopped every form of medication. It's been 3 years now and im still counting. I shout it loud and clear that i can neve be sick again.

Concerning the op, you cant totally write him off because he is right to an extent, however, if you just believe without taking steps to claim your victory you will be perpetually suppressed.

God told the children of israel to take possession of the promised land even though they were told that it's been given to them.

Your faith coming alive is you activating your deliverance.

Yes, Christ paid for ALL our victory.
He also empowered us to deal with incidental attacks from all satanic quarters.

My problem with the OP is insisting on issues he has no christian experience on... Every experience he has is just about himself and what his pastors has said.

As one who had once been like him and has learnt over time I owe it a duty to educate Christians about it.

I see us Christians as Soldiers still on the battle Field else there would be no command to us to "Resist the Devil", "Put on the whole Armour of God",
Some Christian feel like Christ has defeated satan hence our duty is just to enjoy life..this seems to be the position of the OP. He forgets that we are NOT of the world, aliens, fighting the good fight of faith.

But, we all learn and grow in our Christian faith and knowledge with time and that will continue till Christ come.

As Christains, we often swing to extremes in our faith and Knowledge of Christ
Some (Like Ostriches) IGNORE the reality of Spiritual battles
Some (like Cowards) Fear demons more than they fear God
Some (like crazy people) in Fear bind every thing from mosquitoes to Bats to Owls to Door Screech

The key is Christian Maturity based on Knowledge, faith and Experience of walking with God

1 Like

Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by shadeyinka(m): 10:04am On Feb 13, 2018
jamescross:
generational curses are real, they all have limits.

an inherited curse based on a person's human lineage. natural it's not everytime every child born into a home that shares in such curses.

you break out from a family curse by breaking out from that lineage, this thing is simple but i don't have all the time to explain it now.

deliverance is bringing a man out of darkness, breaking inherited curses is what God does first.

i agree with you.

It is extreme to see satan in every event that happens to us
It is extreme to see the absence of satan in any event that happens to us
It is extreme not to see that some things happen to us that is our direct fault
It is also extreme not to see that some events that happen to us are incidental

In all,
a Christan must know that all things work together for the good of those who love God....
a Christan must know that he has been empowered by God to deal with situations around us
a Christan must know that God is with him irrespective of the situation he finds himself

Shalom
Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by shadeyinka(m): 10:29am On Feb 13, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

Good post
So, of course the neurotic man Jesus healed for lack of a better word and/or understanding was put him down as being "demon possessed"

Jesus knew that the man has some unpleasant brain effects causing his anxiety and neurotic behaviour
and so merely just restored the chemical imbalance in the man's head to heal him.

There is a spirit or demons, of course behind the man's neurotic behaviour, which got casted off into the herd of pigs
I dont know what you mean by the bolded.
Some mental problem is Physical but some are due to soul sickness (the soul is like a software that runs the Body-Hardware). Demons may sometimes cause soul sickness(corruption).

MuttleyLaff:

Get a christian and/or believer to take bath salts', then standby to watch the manifestations of spirits or demons

MuttleyLaff:

As I dont seem to follow

The normal Human Heart is located at the center of the Chest but slightly tilted to the LEFT side of the human body. (The heart is bigger to the left side of the rib cage)
https://qph.ec.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-310b3838a0d7cebf47a0dab5a8ed2678

However, some rare cases humans especially when they have dextrocardia or Kartagener's Syndrome may have their heart to the right side of the body.

If a heart surgeon has a long time of experience, he might actualy come across men with this rare misplacement of their heart position.

In other words,
The more deliverance a believer does, the higher the probability he is going to see Born Again/Christians who manifest during deliverance.

It is easier to scream "impossibility!" when all you have is theoretical experience.
Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by Emmanystone: 10:54am On Feb 13, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

Good post

As I dont seem to follow
Pls expatiate more on the bolded. Don't get it.
Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by MuttleyLaff: 11:48am On Feb 13, 2018
Emmanystone:

Pls expatiate more on the bolded.
Don't get it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtFCzu74e30
Flakka in America,
is a form of bath salts
Listen to and watch the above video
to hear and see the after effects
Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by Emmanystone: 11:53am On Feb 13, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtFCzu74e30
Flakka in America,
is a form of bath salts
Listen and watch to the above video
to hear and see the after effects
I have seen videos of flakka victims. Clear demon possession, but how one can be possessed by taken a drug bits me.

How is it a form of bathing salt and how does it connect with a Christian bathing salt.
Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by MuttleyLaff: 11:56am On Feb 13, 2018
Emmanystone:
I have seen videos of flakka victims. How is it a form of bathing salt and does it connect with a Christian bathing salt.
It hasn't reached Naija yet,
but I can bet my bottom dollar, it's a matter of time.
Olamide's "Chemistry Student" song is incognito warming people up to it.

You read and see what you want.
I correctly referred to it as bath salts,
How you managed to to have seen bathing salts, I don't know

Bath salts are manmade drugs
Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by Emmanystone: 11:59am On Feb 13, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
It hasn't reached Naija yet,
but I can bet my bottom dollar, it's a matter of time.
Olamide's "Chemistry Student" song is incognito warming people up to it.

You read and see what you want.
I correctly referred to it as bath salts,
How you managed to to have seen bathing salts, I don't know

Bath salts are manmade drugs

Oh, i get it now. Flakka is called 'Bath salt?'. That's why i said i didnt get it.

1 Like

Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by shadeyinka(m): 3:04pm On Feb 13, 2018
Emmanystone:

I have seen videos of flakka victims. Clear demon possession, but how one can be possessed by taken a drug bits me.

How is it a form of bathing salt and how does it connect with a Christian bathing salt.

Any hard drug (hallucinogenic) makes one susceptible to demonic control.

The shamans/medicine men of old would take it so as to become a conduit to the gods.

"bathing salt" is just an alias for flakka. it has nothing to do with bathing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMJMujPoa4Y
Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by Nobody: 4:59pm On Feb 13, 2018
What we term “generational curses” are greatly misunderstood, very often these are egregious patterns of behaviour that have been perpetuated through a particular family’s ancestral bloodlines and then given form and essence. It is necessary to understand the underlying issues. For instance, in many homes it is easy to detect unreasonable and inexplicable anger, the occupants communicate amongst themselves with great anger and sometimes terrible language for no discernible reason, they are in fact inured to such behaviour, but, if you possess “second sight” then it is easy to glimpse the demonic entity of unreasonable anger sitting with pride of place in the home with a commanding overview of matters and simply draining the productive energies of such families. That is a “generational curse” and it is by no means the only form that it takes.

In some cases the damage is done inadvertently. One particular harrowing case was that of a woman who had been repeatedly sexually abused from a very young age by a close family member. In order that her young mind could cope with the terrible experiences she had endured, she had invented an “imaginary friend” at that young age, an alter ego that grew with her and vowed to “protect” her against all men, she had given it a name but as she grew older she found that she could neither have nor sustain relationships, nor could she rid herself of the malign influence, she would experience amongst other things, swellings and unexplained cuts on her body, the alter ego had in fact become a full blown demon of her own creation preventing her from having any male relationships whatsoever, according to her she eventually got married but paid a heavy price.

The lady in question had been to all the usual suspects for assistance with no resolution in sight. Suffice to say the entity was expunged with the use of the Clavicula Salomonis in a three hour ritual and before our very eyes the lady in question swelled in size and then, in an instant it was all over and for the first time for the best part of 40 years she was completely free of insidious influence.

But it did not end there, nature abhors a vacuum, a year later her son, hitherto a model student, committed suicide troubled by the same entity. These are some of the ways in which humanity either for the right or wrong reasons creates its own problems. Given the right motivation, we each have within us the ability to create and give life to the worst aspects of ourselves, these are in fact, aspects of generational curses.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by MuttleyLaff: 5:03pm On Feb 13, 2018
shadeyinka:

I dont know what you mean by the bolded
Exactly what I wrote.

There are about 86 billion neurons in the human brain.
You've heard people being called neurotic or being nervous

Sometimes, when people to know the cause or reason why certain things happen, we give a whimsical name or drop at the doorsteps of demons to take the blame

shadeyinka:
Some mental problem is Physical but some are due to soul sickness
(the soul is like a software that runs the Body-Hardware).
Demons may sometimes cause soul sickness(corruption)
Same thing.
Chemical imbalance in the brain.
When the soul is stifled, it's the body that's at the receiving end

shadeyinka:
The normal Human Heart is located at the center of the Chest but slightly tilted to the LEFT side of the human body. (The heart is bigger to the left side of the rib cage)
https://qph.ec.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-310b3838a0d7cebf47a0dab5a8ed2678

However, some rare cases humans especially when they have dextrocardia or Kartagener's Syndrome may have their heart to the right side of the body.

If a heart surgeon has a long time of experience, he might actualy come across men with this rare misplacement of their heart position.

In other words,
The more deliverance a believer does, the higher the probability he is going to see Born Again/Christians who manifest during deliverance.

It is easier to scream "impossibility!" when all you have is theoretical experience.
So what are you getting at with this heart position anomaly.

What's this fixation about or with Born Again?
Did Jesus publicly teach Born Again?
How was the circumstance and surrounding that made Jesus bring up the subject Born Again?

I still aren't clear or follow the emboldened

shadeyinka:
Any hard drug (hallucinogenic) makes one susceptible to demonic control.

The shamans/medicine men of old would take it so as to become a conduit to the gods.

"bathing salt" is just an alias for flakka. it has nothing to do with bathing

h ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMJMujPoa4Y
If a christian and/or believer should take bath salts, will there be manifestations of spirits or demons to watch?

Oh-oh
Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by shadeyinka(m): 5:28pm On Feb 13, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Exactly what I wrote.

Sometimes, when people to know the cause or reason why certain things happen, we give a whimsical name or drop at the doorsteps of demons to take the blame

Same thing.

How was the circumstance and surrounding that made Jesus bring up the subject Born Again?

If a christian and/or believer should take bath salts, will there be manifestations of spirits or demons to watch?

Oh-oh
I think you also know that not everyone who take bath salt manifest like that. Also, the kind of manifestation us unique to each individual.

If a christian take bath salt, Igbo, cocaine, heroine or any other narcotics, he could be prone to being demonized. A christian cannot be possessed.

Demons are opportunistic. They don't play fair. If a christian was given an HIV infected blood (injection), would he catch the HIV?

We know the answer. Unless there is devine intervention, he is most certainly infected. So it is with demons. When a christian take hallucigenics (whether ignorantly, forcefully or deliberately, he could be demonized.
Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by MuttleyLaff: 6:12pm On Feb 13, 2018
shadeyinka:

I think you also know that not everyone who take bath salt manifest like that. Also, the kind of manifestation us unique to each individual.

If a christian take bath salt, Igbo, cocaine, heroine or any other narcotics, he could be prone to being demonized.
A christian cannot be possessed
Are you tiling out and/or saying a Christian or pastor cannot be controlled by evil spirits?

shadeyinka:
Demons are opportunistic. They don't play fair.
If a christian was given an HIV infected blood (injection), would he catch the HIV?
So in essence, you equate infected blood to be demons
and not being a case of, actually being viruses, in the blood, that is to blame?

shadeyinka:
We know the answer.
Unless there is devine intervention, he is most certainly infected.
So it is with demons.
What is, so it is with demons?

shadeyinka:
When a christian take hallucigenics (whether ignorantly, forcefully or deliberately, he could be demonized
I am glad we both agree that if a Christian inadvertently takes harmful doses of hallucinogenic, there likely will be a displayed manifestation of spirits or demons to behold.
Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by MizMyColi(f): 6:35pm On Feb 13, 2018
Sarassin:
What we term “generational curses” are greatly misunderstood, very often these are egregious patterns of behaviour that have been perpetuated through a particular family’s ancestral bloodlines and then given form and essence. It is necessary to understand the underlying issues. For instance, in many homes it is easy to detect unreasonable and inexplicable anger, the occupants communicate amongst themselves with great anger and sometimes terrible language for no discernible reason, they are in fact inured to such behaviour, but, if you possess “second sight” then it is easy to glimpse the demonic entity of unreasonable anger sitting with pride of place in the home with a commanding overview of matters and simply draining the productive energies of such families. That is a “generational curse” and it is by no means the only form that it takes.

In some cases the damage is done inadvertently. One particular harrowing case was that of a woman who had been repeatedly sexually abused from a very young age by a close family member. In order that her young mind could cope with the terrible experiences she had endured, she had invented an “imaginary friend” at that young age, an alter ego that grew with her and vowed to “protect” her against all men, she had given it a name but as she grew older she found that she could neither have nor sustain relationships, nor could she rid herself of the malign influence, she would experience amongst other things, swellings and unexplained cuts on her body, the alter ego had in fact become a full blown demon of her own creation preventing her from having any male relationships whatsoever, according to her she eventually got married but paid a heavy price.

The lady in question had been to all the usual suspects for assistance with no resolution in sight. Suffice to say the entity was expunged with the use of the Clavicula Salomonis in a three hour ritual and before our very eyes the lady in question swelled in size and then, in an instant it was all over and for the first time for the best part of 40 years she was completely free of insidious influence.

But it did not end there, nature abhors a vacuum, a year later her son, hitherto a model student, committed suicide troubled by the same entity. These are some of the ways in which humanity either for the right or wrong reasons creates its own problems. Given the right motivation, we each have within us the ability to create and give life to the worst aspects of ourselves, these are in fact, aspects of generational curses.

Multiple thousand billion likes and shares cheesy
NZ's a reality now.
Thank YOU smiley

3 Likes

Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by JesusSonOfGod: 6:47pm On Feb 13, 2018
shadeyinka:

Your faith coming alive is you activating your deliverance.

Yes, Christ paid for ALL our victory.
He also empowered us to deal with incidental attacks from all satanic quarters.

My problem with the OP is insisting on issues he has no christian experience on... Every experience he has is just about himself and what his pastors has said.

As one who had once been like him and has learnt over time I owe it a duty to educate Christians about it.

I see us Christians as Soldiers still on the battle Field else there would be no command to us to "Resist the Devil", "Put on the whole Armour of God",
Some Christian feel like Christ has defeated satan hence our duty is just to enjoy life..this seems to be the position of the OP. He forgets that we are NOT of the world, aliens, fighting the good fight of faith.

But, we all learn and grow in our Christian faith and knowledge with time and that will continue till Christ come.

As Christains, we often swing to extremes in our faith and Knowledge of Christ
Some (Like Ostriches) IGNORE the reality of Spiritual battles
Some (like Cowards) Fear demons more than they fear God
Some (like crazy people) in Fear bind every thing from mosquitoes to Bats to Owls to Door Screech

The key is Christian Maturity based on Knowledge, faith and Experience of walking with God

shadeyinka:

Salvation breaks just one specific generational curse and that is the curse of death (spiritual death). We through Adam inherited this.

Did Jesus remove ALL Generational Curses?
No

My dear, how are you doing today? That's a wrong accusation oh, seriously. I never stated we should not pray. As a born again Christian, attacks will always come, this is why we must pray always as the scripture commanded.

My argument with you was because of the bolded, though you seem to have taken correction because your recent post is now contrary. It's obvious you didn't read my post. It's not fair when accusations are made falsely.

My post is strictly on generational curses and nothing more, unless you are mistaken someone's post as mine. Read my post patiently.

Satan has been defeated, but we have to claim that victory through Faith, which means we have to pray holding on to the word of God. I was arguing with the because you stated Christ did not remove every curse, so I wanted to know, if he didn't do that, who then will.
Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by JesusSonOfGod: 6:49pm On Feb 13, 2018
shadeyinka:
Generational Curses are negative effects of the actions/inactions of the Parent line on their children/down line.

Hello
I understand your post even though it is too long. However, I think you probably have a narrow view of generational curses.

Salvation breaks just one specific generational curse and that is the curse of death (spiritual death). We through Adam inherited this.

There are other generational curses apart from this:
The curse of working to survive
Pain of birth pangs

Now, just as there are generational Curses, there are generational Blessings!

Through Christ, the blessings of Abraham belongs to us as Christians.

The other kinds of generational curses you should be aware of:
-Genetic Mutations (Albinism, Dwarfism, Some forms of cancer)
-Parant-Child Transmittable Diseases like (HIV-AIDS, Rubella, Siphillis, Gonorhea etc)
-Drug Addiction related problems (Heroine, Cocaine etc)
- Spiritual curses (consequences of spiritual actions)

No
!

My dear, how are you doing today? That's a wrong accusation oh, seriously. I never stated we should not pray. As a born again Christian, attacks will always come, this is why we must pray always as the scripture commanded.

My argument with you was because of the bolded, though you seem to have taken correction because your recent post is now contrary. It's obvious you didn't read my post. It's not fair when accusations are made falsely.

My post is strictly on generational curses and nothing more, unless you are mistaken someone's post as mine. Read my post patiently.

Satan has been defeated, but we have to claim that victory through Faith, which means we have to pray holding on to the word of God. I was arguing with the because you stated Christ did not remove every curse, so I wanted to know, if he didn't do that, who then will.
Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by MuttleyLaff: 6:56pm On Feb 13, 2018
JesusSonOfGod:

My argument with you was because of the bolded, though you seem to have taken correction because your recent post is now contrary. It's obvious you didn't read my post. It's not fair when accusations are made falsely

My post is strictly on generational curses and nothing more, unless you are mistaken someone's post as mine. Read my post patiently
... and generational curses are down to mere or just genetics

JesusSonOfGod:
Satan has been defeated, but we have to claim that victory through Faith, which means we have to pray holding on to the word of God
I think, it will go a long way, if you give examples that illustrates how and when to claim that victory through Faith, which means we have to pray holding on to the word of God.
Is the praying once, continuous or once believed because of faith in the Word, then not necessary?

JesusSonOfGod:
I was arguing with the because you stated Christ did not remove every curse, so I wanted to know, if he didn't do that, who then will.
Think it was a mix up on his part
or him just being caught up in the heat of the discussion
Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by Nobody: 7:05pm On Feb 13, 2018
MizMyColi:

NZ's a reality now.
Thank YOU smiley
Fantastic!
Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by MuttleyLaff: 7:13pm On Feb 13, 2018
MizMyColi:
NZ's a reality now.
Thank YOU smiley

Sarassin:

Fantastic!
Sarassin, good post.
The mind, if given the chance, has a way of playing mirage tricks on its owner

2 Likes

Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by shadeyinka(m): 10:54pm On Feb 13, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Exactly what I wrote.

Same thing.

Oh-oh
I think I have explained this.
Not every affliction is spiritual
Just as
Not every affliction is physical
And
There are some afflictions which are incidental (no specific cause)

Christian aught to be balanced.

The Bible explained what it means to be Born Again and it is summarized as:

"As Moses raised up a Serpent in the wildernesses, so also the Son of Man shall be lifted up. If anyone believe in Gods atonement, such would not perish but have eternal life with God".
Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by shadeyinka(m): 11:03pm On Feb 13, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Are you tiling out and/or saying a Christian or pastor cannot be controlled by evil spirits?

So in essence, you equate infected blood to be demons
and not being a case of, actually being viruses, in the blood, that is to blame?

What is, so it is with demons?

I am glad we both agree that if a Christian inadvertently takes harmful doses of hallucinogenic, there likely will be a displayed manifestation of spirits or demons to behold.
I think you are over-dissecting my post. Its making you to respond out of point.

The mistake many people make is confusion between the words
Possession AND Demonized

A christian can be demonized but a Christian cannot be possessed. To be demonized means to be under the influence of demons to be possessed connotes ownership.

An owned/possessed person is a Prisoner of war
A demonized person is a soldier under siege.

Whybwould I equate infected blood with demons!?
What is spirit is spirit and what is physical is physical.
Re: Why Generational Curses Still Affect Many Christians by shadeyinka(m): 11:26pm On Feb 13, 2018
JesusSonOfGod:

shadeyinka:

No

Let's concentrate on the bolded:

No

I think we both agree that Salvation breaks the curse of spiritual death on a person.

Hence concerning out salvation, the work of Christ is perfect and finished (there is nothing we can do to enhance it).

The scriptures say by his stripes we are healed.

Can we say the curse of Sickness was also broken by Christ?

If the curse of sickness is indeed broken, then would you agree that a christian cannot be sick. Why do Christians then fall sick?
It is because Jesus did not break the curse of sickness. If He did, then a Christian can't be sick.

Timothy was advised by Paul to take a little wine because of his stomach.

Curses are just effects/symptoms of demonization. Some effects of demonization include sickness, barrenness, character problems etc.

I don't know any Christian who has been used to cast out demons take the position that Christians cannot be demonized. The only set of Christians who I know take that position has never ever cast out any demon.

I think I also spoke about the fact that when we get born again, our body, soul and possession are not born again. This means that these could be demonized.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Day I Faced Police Brutality For Preaching The Gospel On The Street Of Abuja / Those Around Buhari Only Interested In Their Pockets –fr. Mbaka / Lord Chosen Church Headquarters Shut Over Environmental Law Violation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 138
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.