Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,120 members, 7,821,838 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

APC Restructuring Committee Approves Resource Control, State Police, Others - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Restructuring Committee Approves Resource Control, State Police, Others (26365 Views)

Timi Frank Warns Against Harassment Of Citizens By Military, Police, Others / Resource Control Splits Senators / "Senators Will Use APC Restructuring Committee Report As Toilet Paper" - Sani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Restructuring Committee Approves Resource Control, State Police, Others by ttmax09(m): 6:05pm On Jan 26, 2018
chloride6:
Obasanjo you need to write a letter to all the enemies in my life grin
Seconded cool cool cool
Re: APC Restructuring Committee Approves Resource Control, State Police, Others by obiageIi(f): 6:07pm On Jan 26, 2018
I wish this could come to pas. Also scrap the senate and remove seaports from exclusive list.

2 Likes

Re: APC Restructuring Committee Approves Resource Control, State Police, Others by peacebe1815: 6:24pm On Jan 26, 2018
With those comments above, I don't really know what we want in this country. The same people that said they don't do any thing now the party is putting something forward instead of objective and critical debate on issue, some are saying dead on arrival, believe this at your own peril, etc. Honestly what do we want?

3 Likes

Re: APC Restructuring Committee Approves Resource Control, State Police, Others by fof1: 6:29pm On Jan 26, 2018
life2017:
Key point on APC Restructuring panel Report headed by El Rufai.

1. Resource control be approved for Onshore oil, gas and all other mineral resources be controlled by states.

2. Offshore oil, gas and all other minerals resources to be controlled by federal govt.

3. Local govt should be scrapped and be removed from Nigeria constitution. Let every states decide how to manage it's communities.

4. State police should be created.

5. Independent candidates be approved for election if they meets INEC conditions.

6. States share of revenue allocation should increase while that of federal govt should reduce.

7. Some states should be allow to merge. No additional states should be created.

8.State of origin and local govt of origin be abolished and to be replace with place of residence.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/01/apc-ctte-restructuring-recommends-resource-control-state-police-others/

THIS IS EITHER A MEDIA HYPE OR OUTRIGHT FALSEHOOD. AT BEST,IT IS AN AFTER-THOUGHT.. LIE LAI RÉGIME.
Re: APC Restructuring Committee Approves Resource Control, State Police, Others by edibobo: 6:32pm On Jan 26, 2018
they should forward it to the NASS for deliberations. Dead on arrival
Re: APC Restructuring Committee Approves Resource Control, State Police, Others by Extacy07: 6:50pm On Jan 26, 2018
What makes elrufai thinks that we'll allow people domiciled in a place to be considered indigenes. On what grounds?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Restructuring Committee Approves Resource Control, State Police, Others by KennedicalEnergy(m): 6:55pm On Jan 26, 2018
Wayo!
Re: APC Restructuring Committee Approves Resource Control, State Police, Others by lakesider(m): 7:12pm On Jan 26, 2018
kenonze:
can Lagos merge with Imo
Show me Lagos in Nigeria map ,
Olodo

1 Like

Re: APC Restructuring Committee Approves Resource Control, State Police, Others by zanga420: 7:12pm On Jan 26, 2018
If rightly implemented, it's manageably okay
Re: APC Restructuring Committee Approves Resource Control, State Police, Others by lakesider(m): 7:13pm On Jan 26, 2018
KennedicalEnergy:
Wayo!
See this one o

1 Like

Re: APC Restructuring Committee Approves Resource Control, State Police, Others by OGHENAOGIE(m): 7:16pm On Jan 26, 2018
Blue3k:
I was right on fact oil and gas would be included if mines and minerals were to be moved in concurrent list. Nothing changes in respect to allocation so it wouldn't matter.

The should decentralise police and prisons. It makes perfect sense. This herdsmen and prison over crowding issue highlights these facts. The rest of items they want to move is good start.

I have an issue with this onshore offshore issue...perhaps need to research on it.... Moreso,yyy abolish local govt wen this part of governance has been made mockery of in recent times.....abolishin local govt is giving room for state emperors....wen developed climes dier counties are functional...all the same it's a good move but yy is our NASS quiet in these issues they shd champion the restructuring of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: APC Restructuring Committee Approves Resource Control, State Police, Others by OGHENAOGIE(m): 7:21pm On Jan 26, 2018
Extacy07:
What makes elrufai thinks that we'll allow people domiciled in a place to be considered indigenes. On what grounds?
tomoro u ll shout Nigeria Is underdeveloped...u need to wake up....murtala Mohammed was originally from edo but did well after claiming his mum home Kano....lets change our mentality....using state of residence to replace state of origin..is long overdue...Kk
Re: APC Restructuring Committee Approves Resource Control, State Police, Others by nsivic2001: 8:07pm On Jan 26, 2018
Federal government should control the mineral resources offshore because the north has no offshore mineral.That literally means the north will control their inland mineral resources,while that of the south,which is mainly offshore be controlled by the FG.....SHAME ON YOU!!!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Restructuring Committee Approves Resource Control, State Police, Others by themanderon: 8:35pm On Jan 26, 2018
Nigerians had better not fall for this poisoned chalice in the name of restructuring. Why now? A year before the elections? They know they have failed so they need an alibi to save their ugly faces for reelection.
For 3yrs the word restructuring was not in their agenda now they want to deceive Nigerians like they did before.

3 Likes

Re: APC Restructuring Committee Approves Resource Control, State Police, Others by degamemaster(m): 8:41pm On Jan 26, 2018
This is another strategy to hoodwink the public into voting for them again and after that nothing will happen as usual. Total restructuring or outright disintegration.

1 Like

Re: APC Restructuring Committee Approves Resource Control, State Police, Others by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jan 26, 2018
Demonic country

1 Like

Re: APC Restructuring Committee Approves Resource Control, State Police, Others by Timfreds(m): 9:56pm On Jan 26, 2018
Buhari thinks he can bribe Nigerians to be on his side by this. Propaganda govt of APC your time is up.

1 Like

Re: APC Restructuring Committee Approves Resource Control, State Police, Others by mekyno777(m): 9:59pm On Jan 26, 2018
nsivic2001:
Federal government should control the mineral resources offshore because the north has no offshore mineral.That literally means the north will control their inland mineral resources,while that of the south,which is mainly offshore be controlled by the FG.....SHAME ON YOU!!!
Nice 1. Most of the onshore oil (sites) have been exhausted after being drilled and the money being shared by all, while solid mineral is still untouched.
Will the return d share money?
We need to go back totally to pre-civil war constitution ........regional govts (confederation)
Re: APC Restructuring Committee Approves Resource Control, State Police, Others by poseidon12: 10:04pm On Jan 26, 2018
They are becoming humble because 2019 is around the corner. Crooks. Buhari is going back to Daura. A dynamic, literate, non-tribalistic, true Nigerian President will be elected who will restructure the country. APC under the President of the Fulanis cannot carry out restructuring. They don't have the political will.

1 Like

Re: APC Restructuring Committee Approves Resource Control, State Police, Others by poseidon12: 10:18pm On Jan 26, 2018
Ibegtodiffer:
I HOPE NIGERIANS DON'T FALL FOR THIS TROJAN HORSE "RESTRUCTURING". IT IS MY BELIEF THAT IT IS A MASSIVE DECOY TO GET THE SUPPORT OF THE SOUTHWEST JUST CLINCH TO POWER. I AM 200% SURE THAT IT WOULD BE OVERTURNED AS SOON AS THEY RETURN TO POWER.

Exactly.

1 Like

Re: APC Restructuring Committee Approves Resource Control, State Police, Others by Halo22: 10:44pm On Jan 26, 2018
I thought the northerners have been opposing restructuring, how come they just threw in the towel suddenly? Or they have thought of a strategy to be adopted for 2019 election...I see. Though they made good points as it concerns devolution of power, resource control and moving some items from exclusive to residual list. That police and prisons issue should be looked into properly cos what these SARS men are doing is quite gruesome.
Re: APC Restructuring Committee Approves Resource Control, State Police, Others by EternalTruths: 11:08pm On Jan 26, 2018
OGHENAOGIE:
tomoro u ll shout Nigeria Is underdeveloped...u need to wake up....murtala Mohammed was originally from edo but did well after claiming his mum home Kano....lets change our mentality....using state of residence to replace state of origin..is long overdue...Kk

Educated Illiteracy at its peak.

Fulani never claim your land & governorship before.
Re: APC Restructuring Committee Approves Resource Control, State Police, Others by davidif: 11:21pm On Jan 26, 2018
Prechbills:
Fg shouldn't control any resources whether onshore or offshore.. Nonsense.. All northerners are thinking about is south oil

You do know that this oil fields are several kilometers from land right? And they are designated as federal territory right? When a state can afford a navy to defend this borders then maybe they will have a point.
Re: APC Restructuring Committee Approves Resource Control, State Police, Others by davidif: 11:22pm On Jan 26, 2018
juddy4life:
On-shore and offshore should be controlled by the state. No restructuring with out this.QED.

You do know that this oil fields are several kilometers from land right? And they are designated as federal territory right? When a state can afford a navy to defend this borders then maybe they will have a point.

1 Like

Re: APC Restructuring Committee Approves Resource Control, State Police, Others by Alkanoicacid(m): 11:29pm On Jan 26, 2018
chloride6:
Obasanjo you need to write a letter to all the enemies in my life grin

Wereeey

Re: APC Restructuring Committee Approves Resource Control, State Police, Others by collinsfhk(m): 11:36pm On Jan 26, 2018
okoliexpress:
the list makes sense to me.. if we adopt this i believe we would make progress as a nation.. i particularly buy the idea of scrapping local govts. in Nigeria, dont see the use though i stand to be corrected

Bro all dis na election higwash, otherwise I dare FG to implement before elections.

Shikina
Re: APC Restructuring Committee Approves Resource Control, State Police, Others by Housing(m): 11:56pm On Jan 26, 2018
What of power transmission, if electricity is not remove from the exclusive list then what are you restructuring?

1 Like

Re: APC Restructuring Committee Approves Resource Control, State Police, Others by Blue3k(m): 12:34am On Jan 27, 2018
OGHENAOGIE:
I have an issue with this onshore offshore issue...perhaps need to research on it.... Moreso,yyy abolish local govt wen this part of governance has been made mockery of in recent times.....abolishin local govt is giving room for state emperors....wen developed climes dier counties are functional...all the same it's a good move but yy is our NASS quiet in these issues they shd champion the restructuring of Nigeria

I'm in between on the issue. Local governments are important and will have to exist for administrative efficiency and service delivery. I don't see why the constitution should specify number of local governments that should exist. The governors power isn't checked by Local government but state assembly does. Last time I checked a lot of states are for Local government autonomy and getting rid of joint account with state.

This suggestion probably won't sail through because they would have to pass a bunch of amendments. Then decide what to do when money that used to be allocated for Local governments.

1 Like

Re: APC Restructuring Committee Approves Resource Control, State Police, Others by Pecca: 12:51am On Jan 27, 2018
the motive behind this stands out like a sore thumb a mile off: it's a conjurer's wand: the more you look the less you see. they, sure, have no intention of implementing this. it is back to campaign mode. vote us in so we can complete what we've started. but that's for zone bs.

why now when their popularity is at its lowest ebb? omokri saw this coming, me too, immediately after the letter from ota...I know they'll throw something at us to chew while we forget the General's shortcomings.

the pattern is uniform. APC!!!
Re: APC Restructuring Committee Approves Resource Control, State Police, Others by Collins9156(m): 2:05am On Jan 27, 2018
Go and get your pvc, it's your right

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Meets NLC On Petrol Subsidy Crisis / Reno Omokri Reacts To Fashola's 'Electricity Problems Can’t Be Solved By Magic' / Militants Blow Up Agip Facility In Rivers, Insist On Justice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.