Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,030 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

Woman Slumps To Death After SARS Arrested Her 17-year-old Son. Photos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Woman Slumps To Death After SARS Arrested Her 17-year-old Son. Photos (1505 Views)

Widow Cries After SARS Killed Her Son In Edo / Soldier Blasts Yomi Shogunle For Blocking Him After SARS Complaint / Woman Faints After Policemen Arrested Her Only Child For Wearing Black Shirt. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Slumps To Death After SARS Arrested Her 17-year-old Son. Photos by 3Ebisco: 9:46am On Jan 26, 2018
A woman has reportedly died of shock after her son’s arrest by some Federal Special Anti-Robbery Squad (FSARS) operatives. Mrs Asiata Adeyanju, 42, slumped and died close to her 9, Ajenifuja Street, Ilupeju, Lagos home on Wednesday night. She was said to be hypertensive.

The Nation gathered that the FSARS operatives from Ipakodo Division in Ikorodu, who have been allegedly picking people up in the area in the last two weeks, arrested Muiz, the deceased’s 17-year-old son, when he was about switching on the generator in front of their home.

The operatives, said to be in black vests with the inscription “FSARS”, allegedly slapped Muiz and hurled him into an unmarked van. A neighbour simply identified as Emmanuel, a teacher, was said to have been slapped by the operatives when he tried to stop them from taking the boy away.

By the time Muiz’s parents, who were in their room, learnt of his arrest, the operatives had whisked him away with others arrested at various spots. It was gathered that the late Mrs Adeyanju ran out with only her wrapper and chased the police van.

The Nation learnt that Mrs Adeyanju slumped at a spot. Residents said she died while being rushed to a nearby hospital.

Her widower, Musendiku Adeyanju, who was said to be observing his evening prayer at the time of the incident, later met with the operatives at Ilupeju Junction, off Adesiyan Street, to secure his son’s release. The Nation learnt that Muiz was released after the operatives were told his mother had been rushed to the hospital.

It was gathered that the operatives hurriedly left the area when they learnt of Muiz’s mother’s death. None of those arrested was taken to the police station. They allegedly secured their release at a price.

Describing his encounter with the operatives, Muiz said: “I was pulling the generator’s starter when the policemen grabbed my trousers and asked me to enter the bus. Before I knew what was going on, two of the officers started slapping me. They took me away with some other people I didn’t know. They were moving round the area, picking up people. They wore black shirts with ‘FSARS’ boldly written on them.”

There was wailing on Ajenifuja Street yesterday when Mrs Adeyanju’s body was brought back home. Sympathisers rained curses on the operatives, describing FSARS as “evil organisation”.

Some residents complained that the operatives had been coming to the area for “illegal raids and indiscriminate arrests”.

At her wife’s funeral performed by some Islamic clerics, Mr Adeyanju, 43, was all tears.

He described his wife’s death as “devastating agony”, wondering what his son’s offence was to warrant his arrest by the FSARS.

Mr Adeyanju said: “I returned from work around 9pm, after which my wife served my food. After the dinner, I performed ablution to observe the prayers I missed. I was in the middle of the prayers when there was power outage. My wife instructed Muiz to start the generator in front of the house.

“The boy was arrested by FSARS when he was about to put on the set. I overheard one of my neighbours, Mr Emmanuel, telling the policemen that the boy lives in the house. I had to break the prayers to attend to the situation. Before I got to the scene, the police van had left the spot. We ran after them but we didn’t see them.

“I was returning home to take my car and search for the police van when I saw my wife at the street junction, gasping. People around rushed her to a hospital. I joined neighbours in search for the police van. We met the FSARS officers at a junction in Ilupeju and I explained to them my wife had collapsed because of my son’s arrest. That was when they released the boy to us. We had barely left that scene when I got a call that my wife had died.”

The deceased’s elder sister, Mrs Fausat Usman, described her as ‘’a quiet and cool-headed woman”. She confirmed that the late Mrs Adeyanju was hypertensive.

Police spokesman Chike Oti, a Superintendent (SP), did not pick this reporter’s calls.

He cut the call after his phone persistently rang last night.

He did not also respond to messages sent to his phone.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/01/woman-slumps-to-death-after-sars.html

Re: Woman Slumps To Death After SARS Arrested Her 17-year-old Son. Photos by Olalan(m): 9:58am On Jan 26, 2018
Quite unfortunate for the family, the woman was obviously hypertensive. There is a need for the govt. t curtail the excesses of these SARS guys, going about picking up people without any evidence or warrant of arrest isn't right. That they even left the boy showed he was just arrested unlawfully.
Anyways, I forgot this is Nigeria where people in uniforms have the exclusive right to oppress civilians and also break the laws at will.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Slumps To Death After SARS Arrested Her 17-year-old Son. Photos by femolacqua(m): 9:59am On Jan 26, 2018
What sort of rubbish is that, ordinary to on generator now na wahala. Nigeria where are we heading to, as for the SARS proper punishment should be dished out to those who had a hand in it.
Re: Woman Slumps To Death After SARS Arrested Her 17-year-old Son. Photos by olanie(m): 10:01am On Jan 26, 2018
Sigh!
What a Country!
Re: Woman Slumps To Death After SARS Arrested Her 17-year-old Son. Photos by Nobody: 10:07am On Jan 26, 2018
They are getting bolder and meaner by the day! The #endsars campaign was a waste of time and effort. May her soul rip...
#SARSisabovethelaw
Re: Woman Slumps To Death After SARS Arrested Her 17-year-old Son. Photos by fuckpro: 10:20am On Jan 26, 2018
...This is the Nigeria noted for being their brothers keeper until Buhari came along and infected the system with indifference
Re: Woman Slumps To Death After SARS Arrested Her 17-year-old Son. Photos by CaptainG00D: 10:21am On Jan 26, 2018
Rip
Re: Woman Slumps To Death After SARS Arrested Her 17-year-old Son. Photos by Ever8054: 10:23am On Jan 26, 2018
mothers love...its obvious that they will never get justice in this shithole country. but my prayer is that..every SARS personnel that was involved in the arrest,may tears never depart from there families from generation to generation....

1 Like

Re: Woman Slumps To Death After SARS Arrested Her 17-year-old Son. Photos by Shelloween(m): 10:24am On Jan 26, 2018
fuckpro:
...This is the Nigeria noted for being their brothers keeper until Buhari came along and infected the system with indifference
so, Na Buhari Carry SARS come?

Re: Woman Slumps To Death After SARS Arrested Her 17-year-old Son. Photos by fuckpro: 12:22pm On Jan 26, 2018
Shelloween:
so, Na Buhari Carry SARS come?
...u don't know Buhari de boost their moral
Re: Woman Slumps To Death After SARS Arrested Her 17-year-old Son. Photos by dan9ice(m): 4:17pm On Jan 26, 2018
The rich no they go through this kinda of issue
Re: Woman Slumps To Death After SARS Arrested Her 17-year-old Son. Photos by aboo84(m): 5:47pm On Jan 26, 2018
this is very sad... if na me the van no go comot na the stupid work wey dem dey do be that. make dem go north go face boko haram dem no fit na yahooboys dem go dey find here and there. Nonsence!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

35-year-old Man Gruesomely Butchers And Murders His Wife(graphic Photos) / VIDEO: Armed Fulani Herdsmen With Ak-47s Chanting "Sai Baba Buhari" / See What Berom People Did After Fulani Villagers Were Killed In Plateau. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.