Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

How To Set Up A Digital Terrestrial Cable Tv Network (dvb-t) - Satellite TV Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / How To Set Up A Digital Terrestrial Cable Tv Network (dvb-t) (38542 Views)

New NS3 (DVB-3) TV Transmission Standard / Dvb-s For Pc Now Works Like Dreambox / Required: Software For Usb Dvb-s Box (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Set Up A Digital Terrestrial Cable Tv Network (dvb-t) by mecussey(m): 5:58pm On Apr 15, 2010
I felt I want to start this thread for most of my hi tech guys who may be interested; I would not want to worry about the introduction and basics because, I think they know how, which are satellite TV broadcast terrestrially. The aim is to combine the most important satellite and local TV channels for view to a specific area, free or at a low rate instead of having a hundred pay satellite TV channels that are of no use. Companies operating Cable TV in Nigeria are CMTV, DISC ENGINEERING, CTL, etc. Next I will show you how to set up a Cable TV network step by step and the recommended equipment.
Re: How To Set Up A Digital Terrestrial Cable Tv Network (dvb-t) by jesus3: 6:54pm On Apr 15, 2010
we used to receive disc engineering FTA till late 2007 before it went off
Re: How To Set Up A Digital Terrestrial Cable Tv Network (dvb-t) by mecussey(m): 7:40pm On Apr 16, 2010
Yes, cause they migrated to digital (DVB-C); I am not trying to show you how to receive it but how to set it up like how Disc Engineering set it up at there Head end room, Next
Re: How To Set Up A Digital Terrestrial Cable Tv Network (dvb-t) by Nobody: 9:28pm On Apr 16, 2010
Is there anyway to receive anyone again with our present dvb?
Re: How To Set Up A Digital Terrestrial Cable Tv Network (dvb-t) by mecussey(m): 11:11am On Apr 18, 2010
yes Toba, depending on your location
Re: How To Set Up A Digital Terrestrial Cable Tv Network (dvb-t) by Nobody: 7:05pm On Apr 18, 2010
Im in lagos. Can i receive anyone as fta? Kindly shed more light
Re: How To Set Up A Digital Terrestrial Cable Tv Network (dvb-t) by linksman(m): 11:50am On May 20, 2010
Hi Mercussey,
I applaud your effort in trying to teach people how DVB - T works.
The truth is most people including yours truly want to know how to receive free signals from Digital terrestial providers using our DVB-T receivers.
I am not interested in setting up any Digital terrestial service provision outfit at the moment. I am sure that you are aware of the financial implication of what you are proposing. Not every dick and harry can afford to set up a digital terrestial service.
I know you have the technical know how since you work for/with CTL. So, I implore you to use your knowledge to benefit the general populace in the spirit of true FTA.
I already own a digital terrestial receiver, and i am sure so do many others in this forum. show us how to get the best out of our equipment and not how to become a provider.
cheers man.

1 Like

Re: How To Set Up A Digital Terrestrial Cable Tv Network (dvb-t) by mecussey(m): 1:27pm On May 22, 2010
Yes Linksman, but that should be on another thread; I want to let you know that Nairaland really go a long way. You may not be interested in setting it up but another guy out there in Europe, Asia, America, may be very interested. I will continue, when time favors me
Re: How To Set Up A Digital Terrestrial Cable Tv Network (dvb-t) by PROJECT: 6:58pm On Jun 17, 2010
HI GUYS ,I AM TRYING TO GET PARTNERS TO WORK WITH A NEW FREE TO AIR CHANNEL,THE CHALLENGE NOW IS DAT MOST OF THE EQUIPTMENT WE HAVE IS DID NOT PASS THE NATIONAL COMMUNICATION AUTHORITY TEST,NOW WE NEED SOMEONE WHO CAN TELL US THE EQUIPTMENT WE NEED TO GET,WE HAVE ALREADY PURCHASED 5 THOUSAND LNBS AND PARABOLIC ANTHENNAS,CAMERAS,BUT WE HAVE A PROBLEM WITH OTHER EQUIPTMENTS.OUR EQUIPTMENT SUPPLIER IS WILLING TO TAKE THE EQUIPTMENTS AND IS ASKING US FOR SPECIFICS SO THEY CAN RESUPPLY,PLS WHO CAN GIVE US THE INFO,COS OUR LICENCE IS ON HOLD TILL WE GET THE RIGHT EQUIPTMENTS,PLS MAIL ME ON BILLINGSPR@YAHOO.COM,WE ARE TAKING OFF FROM GHANA THEN MOVE TO OTHER PLACES WE HAVE THE BACKING OF OUR BANK BUT WE LACK THE TECNICALITIES AND OUR ADVISERS ARE NOT THAT INFORMED

1 Like

Re: How To Set Up A Digital Terrestrial Cable Tv Network (dvb-t) by dvbguy: 6:43am On Jun 18, 2010
@ Project

"off topic"

I am a little perplexed as to why you would want to start a venture you have little knowledge of. Why do you like Ghana so much? I did a bit of a check on some of your posts and I realized (I am Ghanaian) you really do think less of us. Who are you trying to out-wit this time? - not everybody in this world is a dumb-as* dude.

"back to topic"

First of all you don't need partners. Pay a consultant to to advice you - me thinks you don't even know the various broadcasting standards out there - you need to be clear on what exactly you are up to. What do you plan to set up - terrestrial station or a DTH platform? if its the former, then I know for a fact that no license will be issued since for now GH will be using only two existing TV providers - makes your work simpler since they host your content for you for a fee. if it is the latter, then i guess the issue of "moving to other places" (as in extending coverage) will be a nonstarter dude. You can lease a transponder on Astra 2b gives you a good coverage over West Africa.

Then again who are we kidding? if the National regulator refused you a license then on what grounds where you even able to bring in the equipment in the first place? highly irregular - one needs a license to even own such stuff. what kind of test did they ran? - earth to satellite uplink or transmitter power rating? You don't need us telling you what the specs should be Bro. Ask the one who rejected them  grin.

OOops!  shocked I hope I didn't misfire! - did u say Channel (as in 1, singular - me scratching me head  ) what can you bring to the table in terms of variety? do you have any idea how much it costs to acquire content? (or lease a TP) bet you if it where that easy MultiTv would have a lot more variety than the repeat programmes we are stuck with. undecided.

Anyways not to sound like discouraging you - but you gave me little to work with. More information is needed. Set up a dummy website and give out the necessary information so we can better advise you or better still drop all the low down here. While you are at it do a bit of research on defunct GBS, not too sure of DAARSAT and Free2view -  they where all hope smashers! tongue - they had lots of channels or were planning to launch lots of channels! lol  cheesy - my guess is they forgot one critical thing - ie to keep costs from bungee jumping in their books  grin.

And for the banks who fail to conduct due diligence before doling out cash for all kinds of projects - my guess is we will forever have a United Africa financial crisis! lol!

My 1 cent - keep me posted and do hire professional people (if i know what you are up to maybe i can point you in the right direction on how to find them).

1 Like

Re: How To Set Up A Digital Terrestrial Cable Tv Network (dvb-t) by PROJECT: 12:29pm On Jun 18, 2010
well mr man ,i dint tell u i had a lot of knowledge about this , did mike adenuga know about telecommunications be for he established glo,did obasanjo know much about theoil sector before we had oando,i have finacial backers and access to equiptment is that a crime,i may not know the tecnicalities but i know how to strike deals,how many people will stat a cable network with as much as 2000 lnbs in their possesion and yet paid little to get them,thats what am good at getting what i need to make things work.multi tv doesnt have what it takes,i have been a content provider for years and i have over 400 contents being developed now, if u are ghanaian and u feel i think less of you its because you are inferior,i only respond to issues,when you guys sit on the media platforms and bash nigerians and call us names do we fight back,NO.yet we are the highest investor in ghana and yet we get bashed for that.i dont have to out wit anybody.i have people who are ready to work.now on the issue of consultant,thecrazy consultant i am working with hee has put me thru a lot of mess and since i cant get any ghanaian to trust why cant i go back to my own people that have been responding possitively to my post ,thats the difference between naija and ghana.we now when to talk and when to do business.i dont think u read my psot well we are doing direct to home scrambled and unscrambled services and we are having our own channels atleast 10,we are going on astra 2b so our satelite platform is not a problem.the national communication authority demand that u provide them with equiptmet specification and feasibility studies our license fee and all other fee is not the problem,the problem is that the specification didnt meet their standard and specification ,no thanks to the dumb ghanaian consultant i am working with.they have given me a hwloe lot of information now so i have the specifications all i need now is the equiptments that meets such specs.i am not multi tv so i dont care what multi tv does i am not trying to pull the down cos i dont have that syndrome, i have very good ghanaian friends but the are not the average ghanaian.are u more intelligent than the bank that approved our project if it dosnt favor them they wont get involved,and we dont have financial crisis is in africa we have mismanagement crisis.
hope u are ok with my post and pls dont try to be little nigerians ,i wont take it from you

1 Like

Re: How To Set Up A Digital Terrestrial Cable Tv Network (dvb-t) by dvbguy: 2:22pm On Jun 18, 2010
@ Project

nahh, me i don't belittle people - i see everybody as equals. Now you've just exhibited the very sentiments which led me to question why you love being in Ghana - an honest answer will do - is it becos things work here? - despite our intolerable nature!

now you will agree with me it takes a whole lot more than just dishes and LNB's to set up a DTH network - and 5000 pcs tvro equipment will not do scratch! - i wish you all the best in venture.

again I can strongly say for a fact that the vast majority of the dudes in the banks lack good business sense - being there or having the title of banker doesn't make them any wiser. A lot of banks have huge irrecoverable balances in their books - i am in the sector so i am well informed.

once again I wish you success - i look forward to more bird hunting as well from your network cool.

PS. good that you now have the specs - your supplier will happily supply the right equipment this time. take care - Peace n out!

1 Like

Re: How To Set Up A Digital Terrestrial Cable Tv Network (dvb-t) by arsenal1(m): 8:05pm On Nov 06, 2010
@ mecussey
I will like u to throw more light on this dvb-t set up. Just graduated and i am a kind of thinking of going in that direction at my country home.
Re: How To Set Up A Digital Terrestrial Cable Tv Network (dvb-t) by kodewrita(m): 1:55pm On Aug 14, 2011
just trying to keep the thread up. am interested in this.
Re: How To Set Up A Digital Terrestrial Cable Tv Network (dvb-t) by gadotor(m): 6:34pm On Oct 08, 2011
now that all GHANA,s tv stations are going terrestrial there is a need for terrestrial tv next network with t2 decoders,l will be happy to get satellite+terrestrial hd decoder.thank you
Re: How To Set Up A Digital Terrestrial Cable Tv Network (dvb-t) by olabosun(m): 2:42am On Feb 15, 2012
please can anyone enlighten on how much it cost to and procedures to acquire licence for a cable TV in Nigeria
Re: How To Set Up A Digital Terrestrial Cable Tv Network (dvb-t) by olabosun(m): 8:00pm On Feb 26, 2012
heloooooooooooo
Re: How To Set Up A Digital Terrestrial Cable Tv Network (dvb-t) by ProGSM(m): 9:07am On Mar 28, 2012
Nice thread. I have leant alot from here.
Re: How To Set Up A Digital Terrestrial Cable Tv Network (dvb-t) by mecussey(m): 7:23pm On Jul 08, 2012
It does not cost much to get you a license if you know the NBC
Re: How To Set Up A Digital Terrestrial Cable Tv Network (dvb-t) by success9(m): 7:06pm On Feb 16, 2013
@mucussey. hello, i love this topic...i am currently working on starting a dtt dvb-t2 distribution service in nigeria. i sent you a mail..d one u used in registering on nairaland..and was hoping u would have replied. pls mail me as soon as yu get this msg...or call me on 08032847508
Re: How To Set Up A Digital Terrestrial Cable Tv Network (dvb-t) by currentbrands(m): 3:25pm On Oct 06, 2013
mecussey: I felt I want to start this thread for most of my hi tech guys who may be interested; I would not want to worry about the introduction and basics because, I think they know how, which are satellite TV broadcast terrestrially. The aim is to combine the most important satellite and local TV channels for view to a specific area, free or at a low rate instead of having a hundred pay satellite TV channels that are of no use. Companies operating Cable TV in Nigeria are CMTV, DISC ENGINEERING, CTL, etc. Next I will show you how to set up a Cable TV network step by step and the recommended equipment.

Welldone bro!.........Kindly fill me in. Am most interested. (currentbrands@gmail.com)
Re: How To Set Up A Digital Terrestrial Cable Tv Network (dvb-t) by mecussey(m): 10:02am On Oct 07, 2013
success_07: @mucussey. hello, i love this topic...i am currently working on starting a dtt dvb-t2 distribution service in nigeria. i sent you a mail..d one u used in registering on nairaland..and was hoping u would have replied. pls mail me as soon as yu get this msg...or call me on 08032847508

Success...that mail account is very informal and honestly, I have not checked it throughout this year. When I check I will get back to you. You sent this on February, have you made any progress at all? Like I said before, it's not an easy process and now that things have changed. The problem is how to go into the market. GOTV and Startimes are already operating on T2, but its just modulation. Mast, Antenna and Power are the basic, any other thing can be done after these. However I look at it, T.V will end up on terrestrial and FTA due to the unstabililty of currencies.
Re: How To Set Up A Digital Terrestrial Cable Tv Network (dvb-t) by mecussey(m): 10:31am On Oct 07, 2013
currentbrands:

Welldone bro!.........Kindly fill me in. Am most interested. (currentbrands@gmail.com)

Was thinking on how to bypass the initial cost but I think Radio stations and Local T.V stations are advantaged

So...back to the topic..I wanted to use good diagrams to explain this but time has become very costly. Terrestrial broadcast is divided into 4/5 blocks. 1) content 2) Multiplexing/CA i.e MPEG/CA, 3) Modulation, 4) Transmission. You may get more information online but uniquness is important. I will go deeper than you can imagine about Nigeria/China pattern...you know what I mean. To be continued...
Re: How To Set Up A Digital Terrestrial Cable Tv Network (dvb-t) by judypeng: 10:23am On Oct 12, 2013
G6 DVB-S2 HD GPRS COMBO for africa IKS satellite Receiver
Satellite receiver / Satellite TV
Dongle Y4 receiver
G1+ GPRS adapter

Specification * Open MYTV * Satellite receiver MYTV GPRS dongle G1+ ADAPTER * Internet Key Sharing(IKS)through Cell Phone network * Compatible work with all GPRS mobile system * Used for Pay TV (Multichoice PSAT, CanalSAT, MyTV, HiTV, AI Jazeera Sport,etc.) * Plug and play SIM card support, phone@datatime,TV@nighttime * Fast Key update and channel change speed * Easy tool for APN(Access Point Name) setting and server setting through RS-232 port
* Stronger service compare with SKS dongle ( No risk of signal block)
* Insert your SIM card (which your sim card have GPS/ADSL internet),dongle can start work. * Need work with another normal decoder * Lower cost compare with Ethernet IKS service (No need ADSL, monthly data flew<25MB) Dish

AZSKY G6 Main Features
DVB-S2 hd +GPRS COMBO RECEIVER

Application Mode Setting by Switch:
1).TWIN:DVB-S2 HD Receiver and GPRS Adapter
2).GPRS:GPRS Adapter/GPRS RS232 software upgrade
3).SAT:DVB-S2 Receiver/Receiver RS232 software upgrade

1.Twin tuner PVR DVB-S2 HD receiver (2nd tuner Optional)
2.Two USB,USB support external WiFi Dongle( Optional)
3.Ethernet RJ45 jack (IKS available)
4.Support youtube, weather, picasa, RSS etc.
5. Fully comply with DVB-S/S2, MPEG-2/4 H.264 Standard
6. Selectable output for 1080P, 1080i, 720P and 576P format
7. Support EPG, display present / next TV Program / 7 days EPG
8.Support up to DiSEqC 1.0 / 1.1 / 1.2 & USALS
9. User-friendly remote control with colored function buttons
10. USB Multimedia files playback&PVR
11. Easy mode setting to be Sharring Receiver/GPRS dongle/Sat Receiver;
12. Internet Key Sharing(IKS) through Cell Phone network;
13. Compatible work with all GPRS mobile system;
14. Used for Pay TV(Multichoice DSTV, CanalSAT, MyTV, AI Jazeera Sport,SKY,etc.);
15. Plug and play SIM card support, phone@data time,TV@night time;
16. Fast Key update and channel change speed;
17. Easy tool for APN setting/Server Setting/Software upgrade through RS-232 port(GPRS Mode);
18. Easy tool for Sat Receiver software upgrade through RS-232 port or USB(SAT Mode);
19. Easy status description with LED light(GPRS signal, GPRS data);
20. Stronger service compare with SKS solution ( No risk of signal block);
21. Lower cost compare with Ethernet IKS service (No need ADSL, monthly data flew<25MB);
Re: How To Set Up A Digital Terrestrial Cable Tv Network (dvb-t) by judypeng: 10:24am On Oct 12, 2013
Satellite receiver / Satellite TV
Dongle Y4 receiver
G1+ GPRS adapter

Specification * Open MYTV * Satellite receiver MYTV GPRS dongle G1+ ADAPTER * Internet Key Sharing(IKS)through Cell Phone network * Compatible work with all GPRS mobile system * Used for Pay TV (Multichoice PSAT, CanalSAT, MyTV, HiTV, AI Jazeera Sport,etc.) * Plug and play SIM card support, phone@datatime,TV@nighttime * Fast Key update and channel change speed * Easy tool for APN(Access Point Name) setting and server setting through RS-232 port
* Stronger service compare with SKS dongle ( No risk of signal block)
* Insert your SIM card (which your sim card have GPS/ADSL internet),dongle can start work. * Need work with another normal decoder * Lower cost compare with Ethernet IKS service (No need ADSL, monthly data flew<25MB) Dish

AZSKY G6 Main Features
DVB-S2 hd +GPRS COMBO RECEIVER

Application Mode Setting by Switch:
1).TWIN:DVB-S2 HD Receiver and GPRS Adapter
2).GPRS:GPRS Adapter/GPRS RS232 software upgrade
3).SAT:DVB-S2 Receiver/Receiver RS232 software upgrade

1.Twin tuner PVR DVB-S2 HD receiver (2nd tuner Optional)
2.Two USB,USB support external WiFi Dongle( Optional)
3.Ethernet RJ45 jack (IKS available)
4.Support youtube, weather, picasa, RSS etc.
5. Fully comply with DVB-S/S2, MPEG-2/4 H.264 Standard
6. Selectable output for 1080P, 1080i, 720P and 576P format
7. Support EPG, display present / next TV Program / 7 days EPG
8.Support up to DiSEqC 1.0 / 1.1 / 1.2 & USALS
9. User-friendly remote control with colored function buttons
10. USB Multimedia files playback&PVR
11. Easy mode setting to be Sharring Receiver/GPRS dongle/Sat Receiver;
12. Internet Key Sharing(IKS) through Cell Phone network;
13. Compatible work with all GPRS mobile system;
14. Used for Pay TV(Multichoice DSTV, CanalSAT, MyTV, AI Jazeera Sport,SKY,etc.);
15. Plug and play SIM card support, phone@data time,TV@night time;
16. Fast Key update and channel change speed;
17. Easy tool for APN setting/Server Setting/Software upgrade through RS-232 port(GPRS Mode);
18. Easy tool for Sat Receiver software upgrade through RS-232 port or USB(SAT Mode);
19. Easy status description with LED light(GPRS signal, GPRS data);
20. Stronger service compare with SKS solution ( No risk of signal block);
21. Lower cost compare with Ethernet IKS service (No need ADSL, monthly data flew<25MB);

Karen
karen.peng@samfong.net
SKY: karenpenghuiping
Re: How To Set Up A Digital Terrestrial Cable Tv Network (dvb-t) by success9(m): 11:26pm On Nov 06, 2013
mecussey:

Success...that mail account is very informal and honestly, I have not checked it throughout this year. When I check I will get back to you. You sent this on February, have you made any progress at all? Like I said before, it's not an easy process and now that things have changed. The problem is how to go into the market. GOTV and Startimes are already operating on T2, but its just modulation. Mast, Antenna and Power are the basic, any other thing can be done after these. However I look at it, T.V will end up on terrestrial and FTA due to the unstabililty of currencies.

Not much though...d issue is licensing. I've spoken to vendors et al
Re: How To Set Up A Digital Terrestrial Cable Tv Network (dvb-t) by mecussey(m): 9:31am On Nov 08, 2013
It boils down to money...also know what you want. The Chinese vendors are always looking for a way to dispose old equipment. May I ask where and when you want to start?
Re: How To Set Up A Digital Terrestrial Cable Tv Network (dvb-t) by success9(m): 4:39pm On Nov 11, 2013
mecussey: It boils down to money...also know what you want. The Chinese vendors are always looking for a way to dispose old equipment. May I ask where and when you want to start?

I'm being cautious about these vendors...

I really want to start it in Ogun state...somewhere not too far from Lagos for some reasons.
And if possible, i will want to commence operation @ most 12months frm now.

Do u have any link I might need?

Pls send reply to my mail
vawolowo@yahoo.com
Re: How To Set Up A Digital Terrestrial Cable Tv Network (dvb-t) by cfaithtv: 12:43pm On Mar 10, 2015
HI,

We are interested in this. Can anyone help us with information on going live on DSTV?

Lets discuss here or BBM me on 7E3A0C72

Thank you.
Re: How To Set Up A Digital Terrestrial Cable Tv Network (dvb-t) by mecussey(m): 4:11pm On Mar 10, 2015
cfaithtv:
HI,

We are interested in this. Can anyone help us with information on going live on DSTV?

Lets discuss here or BBM me on 7E3A0C72

Thank you.

Tv is going to DVB-T2 and IP...if you want to go to dstv then go meet them but if u have good programs, dstv will come to u
Re: How To Set Up A Digital Terrestrial Cable Tv Network (dvb-t) by ephpaul: 6:04pm On May 01, 2015
mecussey:

Tv is going to DVB-T2 and IP...if you want to go to dstv then go meet them but if u have good programs, dstv will come to u

Pls mecussey I v been following ur post for some time. Pls how do I receive ctl channels with my strong decoder and dstv dish. D dongle they gave me with sim card for dstv is not working. Pls I will appreciate ur help with these matters. I'm in ph. Tnx
Re: How To Set Up A Digital Terrestrial Cable Tv Network (dvb-t) by mecussey(m): 4:04pm On May 09, 2015
ephpaul:

Pls mecussey I v been following ur post for some time. Pls how do I receive ctl channels with my strong decoder and dstv dish. D dongle they gave me with sim card for dstv is not working. Pls I will appreciate ur help with these matters. I'm in ph. Tnx

Not possible at moment bro...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Strong 4922 Hd Decoder / Free to air Satellite TV channels in Nigeria - [MYTV, Multi TV] / Moyinoluwa Adeyemi Builds Yoruba Watch Face That Tells The Time In Yoruba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.