Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,665 members, 7,959,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 09:14 AM

Car Wait For Some Mins Before Engaging 'drive' In The Morning Or While Parked - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Wait For Some Mins Before Engaging 'drive' In The Morning Or While Parked (891 Views)

The Only Correct Way To Drive In Lagos State / How To Drive In Lagos.... Agbero Edition / UNIBEN Student Loses His Parked Benz To A Mysterious Early-Morning Fire (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Car Wait For Some Mins Before Engaging 'drive' In The Morning Or While Parked by truthwon: 3:07pm On Jan 26, 2018
Hello House,

Started noticing these on my car couple of months ago.

While starting the car in the morning. I will have to put the automatic gear on drive and wait for some minutes before it engages. However this does not happen when I put in Reverse as it picks immediately.

Something made me to change the gear oil recently but after the gear oil change it is still thesame.

Really do not what could be wrong.

It is a Nissan Altima

Please help is needed. Thanks in advance.
Re: Car Wait For Some Mins Before Engaging 'drive' In The Morning Or While Parked by ghadaffi2000(m): 10:35pm On Jan 27, 2018
Its a transmission issue. It is a faulty transmission range sensor you will need to change.

However, let me give you my one penny. Scan the car first to confirm my position and don't ever give the car to any "Kazeem" before the scan. I repeat don't give the car to any kazeem so that you don't turn the car to scrap.

Thank me later

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Srs Warning Light! What You Need To Know…it’s A Safety Issue.. / Are My Car Wheels Right For An Alignment? / Buy Foreign Used Honda Civic Sport 2010 In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.