Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,864 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:13 PM

The Only Correct Way To Drive In Lagos State - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Only Correct Way To Drive In Lagos State (28173 Views)

How To Drive In Lagos.... Agbero Edition / 10 Most Dangerous Place To Drive In The World, Lagos Makes The List / Is It Possible To Drive In Nigeria With An EU Driving Licence? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Only Correct Way To Drive In Lagos State by BigCabal: 11:22pm On Mar 15, 2022
Driving in Lagos state is not the same as driving anywhere else in the world m. Here’s what you need to know if you want to learn how to drive correctly in Lagos.

Have a spare car in your compound
Driving in Lagos means you should have a spare car in your house. Because if , the real owners of the car decide to help you bash it, will you now be left with nothing? If you want to drive and you don’t have a spare car, better enter a cab.

Drop your sanity at home
Lagos roads are not a place for people with sound minds. They’re for people who have nothing to lose. When you decide to drive on a Lagos road, you need to embody the spirit of someone who can do anyhow at any time. Scary stuff, but it needs to be done.

Always have enough food stuff in your car
With traffic that often lasts longer than the will to live, you should always make sure that you have enough to cook. As a passenger, you can sleep and pretend to not be hungry. However, if you’re driving, you need all the energy. You fit make sharp-sharp amala.

Remember that you’re never wrong
In Lagos, everyone that drives is right. Even if they’re passing one-way or bashing your car, they’re right. You too need to embody the spirit of always being right.

LASTMA is your biggest opp
As you drive, have it at the back of your mind. LASTMA officers are out for blood, so don’t give them any. Complete papers, fire extinguisher, and whatever else they need. If not, the billing that’ll occur will wreck you.

Pedestrians are a suggestion
To drive in Lagos state, you don’t rate pedestrians. The road was not built with them in mind, so why will you drive with them in mind?

Refresh your insults vocabulary
Every morning before you enter the road, refresh the insults in your vocabulary. Driving in Lagos means you have to be constantly innovating with your insultive creativity.

Have your therapist on speed dial
Driving in Lagos will traumatise you, so you should have the person that’ll un-traumatise you. If you didn’t have a therapist before, better go and book one before you hit the road.

Source

91 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Only Correct Way To Drive In Lagos State by doctorexcel: 11:43pm On Mar 15, 2022
Lagos for show. Lagos and gra-gra are two sides of the same coin. "I can not kill myself" can not live in Lagos. ~EKO AKETE ILU OGBON....

9 Likes

Re: The Only Correct Way To Drive In Lagos State by Zonefree(m): 12:10am On Mar 16, 2022
Lagos drivers still dey trek where Warri drivers dey when it comes to insults vocabulary.

The kind words a Warri taxi driver go throw give you will make you have a rethink about your life. You will enter 5 minutes sober reflection about your whole life.

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Only Correct Way To Drive In Lagos State by amSTARboy: 12:27am On Mar 16, 2022
Also add pepper spray for hoodlums

And egunje for olokpa

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Only Correct Way To Drive In Lagos State by Aderewah: 4:29pm On Mar 17, 2022
Let’s deport all the Okoro back to their enclaves so we can enjoy our lagos without stress

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Only Correct Way To Drive In Lagos State by Chijeep(m): 4:30pm On Mar 17, 2022

Chronically surprised

The only and surest way to drive safely in lagos is to avoid this man(Mc Oluomo) and his agbero gangs else your pux and your health is in flight mode grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Only Correct Way To Drive In Lagos State by BigDawsNet: 4:30pm On Mar 17, 2022
grin

I remember while traveling all the way from SW to Lagos... The driver was honking the horn at the appropriate time ....

As we enter Lagos... The guy stop honking and was almost knocking people down with his bus... Passengers were like ... Oga driver... Wetin do ur horn...you warn injure dis people nii

He said " Welcome to Lagos!! Here we don't horn....if you like sleep for car front... I go run you over...

Den I knew... people wey normal no plenty for lagos

91 Likes 9 Shares

Re: The Only Correct Way To Drive In Lagos State by yivat91018: 4:30pm On Mar 17, 2022
Na so ooo

1 Like

Re: The Only Correct Way To Drive In Lagos State by YeyeGbami: 4:31pm On Mar 17, 2022
All these apply to those driving kabu kabu, if you dey drive luxury vehicle you will drive responsibly.

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Only Correct Way To Drive In Lagos State by Charliemunger4: 4:31pm On Mar 17, 2022
Naso Lagos be?

1 Like

Re: The Only Correct Way To Drive In Lagos State by superyp: 4:31pm On Mar 17, 2022
A city gone to the dogs

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Only Correct Way To Drive In Lagos State by rocknation62(m): 4:31pm On Mar 17, 2022
It’s just like saying if you can survive in Lagos, you can survive anywhere in the world

So therefore
If you can drive in Lagos, you can drive anywhere in the world!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Only Correct Way To Drive In Lagos State by tedifeh618: 4:31pm On Mar 17, 2022
Na strong man dy live lagos

6 Likes

Re: The Only Correct Way To Drive In Lagos State by Nigerialabalaba: 4:31pm On Mar 17, 2022
Learn yoruba if u no be yoruba and ur brain neva dull. Speaking fluent Yoruba language go save u for Lasgidi. If u no sabi yoruba, u don cast niyen and u be jjc, outsider or omo Igbo or aboki.
Anyhow, dem immediately sabi say u no dey Lagos street. dem go run u street grin won a fi e pa like we say in yoruba grin in fact, ur name na sorry.

Dat is why I dey laff wen dis my native ibo people for hia for NL dey tink say Lasgidi people no sabi dem selves. If u type hia sef, Lasgidi people sabi demselves and ur Yoruba must make sense even if u be chukudi.

carry sledge hammer and cutlass in ur car if u dey for oshodi oke and ur window dey down because ur ac don pafuka. tank me l8r wink
Wen u drop ohun and dem see sledge hammer, those osodi oke boys go know say dem don jam mad man from yaba left.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Only Correct Way To Drive In Lagos State by Zzyco: 4:31pm On Mar 17, 2022
Lagos, drivers drop your craziness before you reach river Niger bridge, no carry that attitude to Abuja. People here live life with caution.

7 Likes

Re: The Only Correct Way To Drive In Lagos State by McOluOmo: 4:31pm On Mar 17, 2022
Have a pepper spray in ur car should incase any misconduct by any miscreant or hoodlum

Guys wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind

5 Likes

Re: The Only Correct Way To Drive In Lagos State by falseprophet: 4:32pm On Mar 17, 2022
grin
Re: The Only Correct Way To Drive In Lagos State by MrOkenwa(m): 4:32pm On Mar 17, 2022
Lagos is just too rough for me.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Only Correct Way To Drive In Lagos State by slimjohn2k5: 4:32pm On Mar 17, 2022
grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Only Correct Way To Drive In Lagos State by MeghaneMorgane(f): 4:32pm On Mar 17, 2022
This sarcasm is on another level grin

2 Likes

Re: The Only Correct Way To Drive In Lagos State by drlaykay(m): 4:33pm On Mar 17, 2022
cheesy
Very funny though some of us drive so responsibly that we hardly get scratched.

Before, I complain and dash crazy drivers "small swear" but right now, I'm so used to it and just keep driving

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Only Correct Way To Drive In Lagos State by tutudesz: 4:33pm On Mar 17, 2022
Remember to carry pure water O! You will need it for stoning those useless bus drivers grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Only Correct Way To Drive In Lagos State by rocknation62(m): 4:33pm On Mar 17, 2022
superyp:
A city gone to the dogs

The same Lagos That is recognized in the world!

New York
Paris
London
Lagos

Know this & know PEACE

You digg?

3 Likes

Re: The Only Correct Way To Drive In Lagos State by lloydtruth: 4:33pm On Mar 17, 2022
Aderewah:
Let’s deport all the Okoro back to their enclaves so we can enjoy our lagos without stress

Very soon the Okoros will deport you back to your ogbomosho.

10 Likes

Re: The Only Correct Way To Drive In Lagos State by Axis313(m): 4:34pm On Mar 17, 2022
Lagos na for craze people,if you no get craze for head,you no fit live for Lag,dem go just use you catch cruise especially if you are a gentleman driver.
Re: The Only Correct Way To Drive In Lagos State by Hezzyluv: 4:34pm On Mar 17, 2022
I swearugad Lagos driving get as be. Just last 2weeks during the fuel scarcity, I just drifted my attention away from the road to check the filling station by my right hand side if they have PMS, within that 3seconds, one werey Keke man just bashed the car I was driving and no be my car oooo.

Come see as I drop my gentleman just dey para... For road
grin

9 Likes

Re: The Only Correct Way To Drive In Lagos State by Whois(m): 4:34pm On Mar 17, 2022
Don't form gentleman driving in Lagos, if lastma stop you and your front is free then don't wait

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Price Of New Tyre / 15 Annoying Things Our Neighbours Do With Their Cars / Post Your Current Car Picture.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.