Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,522 members, 7,770,326 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:22 AM

Do U Think Peter Obi Can Succeed Over His Stolen Mandate? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do U Think Peter Obi Can Succeed Over His Stolen Mandate? (1040 Views)

Omisore Heads To Appeal Court To Retrieve 'Stolen Mandate' / NADECO Tells Amaechi, Kwankwaso To Return ‘stolen Mandate’. / We Can Succeed With The Worst Constitution - Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do U Think Peter Obi Can Succeed Over His Stolen Mandate? by luckyCO(m): 7:29pm On Mar 03, 2007
According to constitution the Man(Peter Obi the Governor of Anambra State) has chance of being Governor till 2010. But the likes of Andy Uba who is Obj boy is roaring cum Ngige joint force in AC, What is ur opitnion?
Re: Do U Think Peter Obi Can Succeed Over His Stolen Mandate? by abdkabir(m): 7:44pm On Mar 03, 2007
I hope and believe So.
Re: Do U Think Peter Obi Can Succeed Over His Stolen Mandate? by luckyCO(m): 10:46pm On Mar 03, 2007
Plz tell me why you believe so irrespective of presence political mafians, political ill-morals and illitrate that parade themselves as Gotv representivies in the state.

Upon stealing somebody's open air defeat, Ngige has come back to show the world that he did nothing wrong because he had no option other than to start working to win people's favour after he was abducted.

It that not insult to democracy?
Re: Do U Think Peter Obi Can Succeed Over His Stolen Mandate? by abdkabir(m): 11:20pm On Mar 03, 2007
I simply like Peter Obi.Perhaps because of the various struggle he's been unvolved in to validate his victory of the 2003 guber election.
Re: Do U Think Peter Obi Can Succeed Over His Stolen Mandate? by McKren(m): 11:27pm On Mar 03, 2007
No matter the process that brought Ngige to power, he deserves credit for standing against illegality. Though he has chosen to pitch his tent with the AC, I think if there is any AC member that deserves my vote it is him. He was a Hero, he had an option of looting Anamra blue black but chose to fight the people's cause a fact which cost him his office.

However, I will like to see Peter Obi win this case because that looks like the only true and genuine way, going by the constitution to stop the evil called the Ubas. Obi has a genuine case besides that his victory will open a new window of opportunity to have staggered elections in Nigeria. This wholistic elections we have is just causing unnecessary tension and makes it unimportant for immediate Government leaders like LGA chairmen and Governors to actually connect with the local  people based on what they got to offer and seek their votes.

E.g. A guber election holding only in Anambra will have a lot to do with what grass root politicians have got to offer rather than some chess master controling everything from Aso Rock.
Re: Do U Think Peter Obi Can Succeed Over His Stolen Mandate? by Crownvilla(m): 12:51am On Mar 04, 2007
@ Mckren: 'He was a Hero, he had an option of looting Anamra blue black but chose to fight the people's cause a fact which cost him his office'.

Mckren, are you sure that Ngige is clean? I hear the EFCC have a really fat dossier about some of his shady deals. According to Peter Obi in an interview he granted shortly after his 'impeachment' he claimed that he (Obi) rewarded Ngige's contract for the reconstruction of the government house by several million Naira. Obi stated some of the state legislators that would have benefited from the inflated contract ganged up to have him impeached.
Re: Do U Think Peter Obi Can Succeed Over His Stolen Mandate? by abdkabir(m): 1:06am On Mar 04, 2007
It's almost impossible to find saints among the Political class in Nigeria but there are politicians who appear to be more humanist and with Brains than the others.

Men who fear not the Incumbency and hold their head straight struggling for what they believe in.

Ngige, Tinubu, Aregbesola, Oshiomole,Pat Utomi , would count as one of such dedicated to their peoples.

Nonetheless, i hope Obi wins @ the court and ones again, the Judiciary Save our Day. How nice would it be to see all these men unite into a grand proactive opposition. Thats what we need @ home.

More of Democracy and less of Autocracy.

Cheers wink
Re: Do U Think Peter Obi Can Succeed Over His Stolen Mandate? by luckyCO(m): 7:14am On Mar 04, 2007
Well am not saying that Ngige did not work but we have to remember one thing in Anambra politice. And that is "recognize me or ?" I love Ngige because of what he taught politicians in the state at least proving Mbadinuja the worst Governor Anambra has ever produced. He contstructed roads,Paid teachers their salary etc. You know that one of the salient thing people would like to hear. Whether if the economy is in jeopardy nobody cares, I guess Ngige should support this stolen mandate becasue it could tell people how good he is not coming to steal another mandate.

It is clear that he will not win even if he has decided again to steal the mandate. He should realy round the goverment he was part of it in rebuilding. I think people will love him more as a hero than joining AC which he knows is anti Obj party( thinking like a politician).
Re: Do U Think Peter Obi Can Succeed Over His Stolen Mandate? by donnymikky(m): 9:13am On Mar 04, 2007
The Judiciary should be the one to tell us if Peter Obi should vacate office on may 29th or stay to complete his tenure but it appears the judiciary has been bougth over with its resent jugement on Atiku's right to retain his position as the vice president even after he deffected into an opposition party. My advice to Obi is that he should get prepared to leave office orelse he would be humilliated.
Re: Do U Think Peter Obi Can Succeed Over His Stolen Mandate? by luckyCO(m): 11:42am On Mar 04, 2007
If the court should take bribe on the matter it is going to be very bad because the constitution has made it clear that a Governor or President stays tenure of 4 years from the date he was sworn in and election of governors maynot be held at the same alll over the nation. I think the guy has opportunity of making if a sincere judge preside over the case.

Am so much concerned about it becasue it will be a godd leason to Uba and co in the states.
Re: Do U Think Peter Obi Can Succeed Over His Stolen Mandate? by azorjiu(m): 5:07pm On Mar 04, 2007
what about ladoja? will he be allowed to complete his four years considering that akala usurped his seat for some months?
Re: Do U Think Peter Obi Can Succeed Over His Stolen Mandate? by McKren(m): 5:09pm On Mar 04, 2007
azorjiu:

what about ladoja? will he be allowed to complete his four years considering that akala usurped his seat for some months?

nope ladoja started his tenure in 2003, may 29.
Re: Do U Think Peter Obi Can Succeed Over His Stolen Mandate? by luckyCO(m): 11:19am On Mar 05, 2007
We are not counting the time Peter Obi was impeached, we are counting from the time he was sworn as a Governor the mandate Anambrarians gave him which took place on march 21 of this year or so.

(1) (Reply)

Fighting Breaks Out In Ndokwa Community / How Does Aso Rock Look Like?: / Have You Visited Www.transparencyng.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.