Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,735 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

Season Of Endorsements For Governor. Umahi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Season Of Endorsements For Governor. Umahi (7416 Views)

Governor Umahi Decongesting Traffic Jam Along Enugu/Abakaliki Boundary (Photos) / Is This Why Governor Umahi Has Been Crying Over New Minimum Wage? / 2019: Ohanaeze Ndigbo Validates Endorsements For Ugwuanyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Season Of Endorsements For Governor. Umahi by Nweze1986: 4:39pm On Jan 27, 2018
SEASON OF ENDORSEMENTS FOR "UNCLE DAVE"

By Philip Nweze

It was a roll-out of unprecedented crowd never before seen, on Friday, as the people of Ezza nation converged on Onueke, the ancestral home of Ezza Ezekuna clan to lend their numerical weight to the state-wide clamour for the state governor to seek re-election in the 2019 guber race, a call which has been chorused across the political firmament of Ebonyi state and beyond, by the young and old. Yesterday's rally came with a bang and made its far reaching impact felt with an explosive crowd that poured into the arena.

Political leaders, traditional rulers, various social groups of Ebonyi extraction have continued to rain down endorsements on the governor of Ebonyi State, Engr David Umahi. It is not surprising that this season of endorsement has come sooner than expected for the governor despite the next general election being more than one year ahead. And it is not for nothing that people of Ebonyi state are raining endorsements on him. Their love for a man who has generated the fireworks that has produced the fascination that has put Ebonyi on the lap of honour and given her an imperishable image it enjoys today, is justified.

A man of many firsts, "Uncle Dave" has used his magic wand to turn around an hitherto sleepy state into a centre of attraction in the nation. His massive investments in infrastructure, health, education and youth empowerment are well documented. For instance, on assumption of office, he vowed to ensure that Ebonyi indigens are not used as house helps in major cities across Nigeria. He has delivered on this front as his youth empowerment programmes have adequately engaged a lot of young people. Umahi has shown that even Ebonyi can work if the right people are in the right positions. Among all the governors that have ruled Ebonyi, "Uncle Dave" has an edge.

One area where he has been hailed even more constantly is, his immense contributions to the state's agricultural sector. Realising that the state has an intimidating agricultural potentials, Umahi used his connections to team up with the agricultural ministry and various development partners in ensuring that farmers in the state got the right incentives to help their businesses grow.

A silent achiever, financial challenges which has brought this country to its knees could not deter him from fulfilling his promises to his people people. In an era where most leaders see power as a honey pot for unbroken earnings to flow voluminously into their accounts, Governor Umahi has deployed the apparatus of state for systematic cleansing of the political closet.

These efforts haven't gone unnoticed and unrewarded. Ebonyians are awed and their unimpeachable conclusion is that one good turn deserves another, and that the reward for hardwork is more work. From Onicha to Ivo to Ohaozara to Izzi and to Ezza North and South, even to old Afikpo zone, Ikwo, Ishielu and Ohaukwu, the political proclamations are the same. Doses of appeals for the governor to stage a come-back come 2019 has reached an overwhelming crescendo. It is a sign of gratitude of Ebonyi people to the man who came just in time to wave the magic wand. It is an acknowledgement of the success story of the Umahi led renaissance. It is a reward for commitment to excellence.

Call "Uncle Dave" Nigeria greatest governor of all times and you wouldn't be wrong.

Nigeria is facing hard times. Insecurity is on the rise. The economy is irredemably deformed. The're is socio political pandemic. Yet Ebonyi state stays afloat amid all these turbulence. In a world where there is a universal failure of governance, Dave stands out with his rich performance credentials. Governor Umahi is a proof that tribe of great men never finishes. He is one politician that can comfortably walk the streets of Abakaliki after his tenure without fear of harassment from the residents. This is one politician that will be bowing out of his first tenure and subsequent tenures with his head high.

No doubt, the endorsements have shut the door against other shady aspirants in the state who are known to be nursing inordinate ambitions to clinch power. Universally, proponents of endorsement argue that a sitting-president or governor deserves the right to the ‘option of first refusal’ even in civilized climes like America. The right becomes even more symbolic when such a leader has justified his return for a second tenure rule through solid performance. That means that the gale of endorsements for our governor are neither myopic or unwarranted.

Ebonyi has kept a constant pace because a genius in d game, to nurture the young state to unimaginable pedestal. Umahi who had an expert eye for the best and technical know-how to unearthed developmental ideas which he had used in redecorating the political horizon of our state is just the right man for the job come 2019.

Today, those who blushed with embarrassment when the governor's victory at the polls was announced, and grinned at the wrong sides of their mouth in protest, have been disappointed and shamed to lick back their vomit.

Re: Season Of Endorsements For Governor. Umahi by Papiikush: 6:00pm On Jan 27, 2018
They should come and endorse me too oh. Ambassador for sex dolls. cry

1 Like

Re: Season Of Endorsements For Governor. Umahi by HeyCorleone(m): 6:01pm On Jan 27, 2018
Forget the crowd. Of course they were paid.

I'd hand it over to those who really live in Ebonyi to tell us if the man is truly worth it.
Re: Season Of Endorsements For Governor. Umahi by BruncleZuma: 6:01pm On Jan 27, 2018
As usual...incompetence require smokes, mirrors and media aides to appear competent.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Season Of Endorsements For Governor. Umahi by ImpressionsNG: 6:01pm On Jan 27, 2018
No doubt Umahi is one of the best governors in Nigeria today. Under him, the Ebonyi State capital Abakaliki has transformed into a haven of development, peace, and splendour.....
http://www.impressions.ng/abakaliki-is-the-most-liveable-city-in-nigeria/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Season Of Endorsements For Governor. Umahi by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jan 27, 2018
Too old to replace Osinbajo..

We dont want someone that will be chewing kola nut at public functions.
Re: Season Of Endorsements For Governor. Umahi by Built2last: 6:01pm On Jan 27, 2018
He has tried though but should stop ass licking Buhari before he transfers cluelessness to him

1 Like

Re: Season Of Endorsements For Governor. Umahi by Tobicrystal(m): 6:01pm On Jan 27, 2018
Nice
Re: Season Of Endorsements For Governor. Umahi by TheKingdom: 6:02pm On Jan 27, 2018
David Umahi is among the greatest idiots from the shi.thole continent. He is nothing more than a modern warrant chief willing to sell anyone to Fulani and the kabal

2 Likes

Re: Season Of Endorsements For Governor. Umahi by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jan 27, 2018
grin

Re: Season Of Endorsements For Governor. Umahi by ozimec(m): 6:04pm On Jan 27, 2018
Papiikush:

When the righteous is in authority people rejoice...

Engr. Dave your second term is assured.

1 Like

Re: Season Of Endorsements For Governor. Umahi by ozimec(m): 6:06pm On Jan 27, 2018
Papiikush:

Sorry I didn't mean to qout you

1 Like

Re: Season Of Endorsements For Governor. Umahi by joystickextendr: 6:06pm On Jan 27, 2018
Alright

Meanwhile Guy's check out my profile for your extender products and other adult fantasy toy's..
Re: Season Of Endorsements For Governor. Umahi by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jan 27, 2018
Dave 2019 No vacancy in government house. But plz pay medical corp members

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Season Of Endorsements For Governor. Umahi by honestivo(m): 6:22pm On Jan 27, 2018
A well deserved endorsement

1 Like

Re: Season Of Endorsements For Governor. Umahi by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jan 27, 2018
The man is good so he deserves another term.

1 Like

Re: Season Of Endorsements For Governor. Umahi by millionboi2: 6:27pm On Jan 27, 2018
With massive development in abakaliki,i joined Ebonyians to support Dave.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Season Of Endorsements For Governor. Umahi by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jan 27, 2018
Keneking:
Too old to replace Osinbajo..
We dont want someone that will be chewing kola nut at public functions.
dave should be in his mid fifties.
Re: Season Of Endorsements For Governor. Umahi by mabea: 6:38pm On Jan 27, 2018
HeyCorleone:
Forget the crowd. Of course they were paid.

I'd hand it over to those who really live in Ebonyi to tell us if the man is truly worth it.
The guy is truly loved by the people. He's done so well, though there's still more to be done. But there will always be contra opinion.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Season Of Endorsements For Governor. Umahi by calcus(m): 6:50pm On Jan 27, 2018
Umahi for second term! The guy is doing well. I am not from Ogun but i am in Ebonyi at the moment. I have been around here since July, believe me, he is the man of the people!

2 Likes

Re: Season Of Endorsements For Governor. Umahi by calcus(m): 6:52pm On Jan 27, 2018
cowleg:
Dave 2019 No vacancy in government house. But plz pay medical corp members
He will pay them. He paid four months allowance he is owing teaching corpers yesterday.

1 Like

Re: Season Of Endorsements For Governor. Umahi by motiond16(m): 6:55pm On Jan 27, 2018
Over statement, as an ebonyian, if i may ask who and who endosed him? For your information we are part and pacel of this noncense. Between #300 to 500 was shared depending whom your group leader is so stop saying it sound as if people came on there own if not for the money that was shared.

2 Likes

Re: Season Of Endorsements For Governor. Umahi by mommaJ(f): 7:10pm On Jan 27, 2018
SORRY OP & NAIRALANDERS. I POSTED A THREAD YESTERDAY:
https://www.nairaland.com/4312232/husbanda-good-man-help...I REALLY NEED IT TO GET TO FRONT PAGE.PLEASE HELP US GET OUR MIRACLE. THANK YOU ALL.
Re: Season Of Endorsements For Governor. Umahi by kelechi50: 8:01pm On Jan 27, 2018
When I see your write up on nairaland praise singing the governor, I began to ask what you praise singer's will do if he does what Peter Obi did in Anambra State, 177 communities were tied and electricity to every community and other infrastructure development through out the state, now tell the world how many roads he tied in Ikwo communities and rural electrification completed
Re: Season Of Endorsements For Governor. Umahi by Nweze1986: 9:09pm On Jan 27, 2018
kelechi50:
When I see your write up on nairaland praise singing the governor, I began to ask what you praise singer's will do if he does what Peter Obi did in Anambra State, 177 communities were tied and electricity to every community and other infrastructure development through out the state, now tell the world how many roads he tied in Ikwo communities and rural electrification completed
you deserve to be stoned to death. who was the Gov. of Ebonyi State for 8 years?

1 Like

Re: Season Of Endorsements For Governor. Umahi by Nweze1986: 9:09pm On Jan 27, 2018
kelechi50:
You deserve to be stoned to death. who was the Gov. of Ebonyi State for 8 years?
Re: Season Of Endorsements For Governor. Umahi by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jan 27, 2018
People can lie.

The same governor that is scared that his d more u look d less u see partern is not working has resulted to threatening opposition on live TV.

Op did umahi ever say he will "Bulldoze" anyone who challenges him??

Umahi knows ebonyi people has wizened up no more politics of hunger.

His 2015 method of banking on poverty may not work out this time

1 Like

Re: Season Of Endorsements For Governor. Umahi by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jan 27, 2018
mabea:
The guy is truly loved by the people. He's done so well, though there's still more to be done. But there will always be contra opinion.

Please point out some of the things he has done??

Then how it affects the man selling pure water on the street?

Is it the extra taxes he used to chase out most investors or the slash of promised workers salaries??

Or the reduction of Ebsu school fees?

Or good teachers packages??

What has dave really done??

He is just doing politics of "the more you look the less you see"

1 Like

Re: Season Of Endorsements For Governor. Umahi by kelechi50: 10:27pm On Jan 27, 2018
Nweze1986:
you deserve to be stoned to death. who was the Gov. of Ebonyi State for 8 years?
please it's you and your family that deserve to be stoned, at this modern era your praise singing at nothing,

1 Like

Re: Season Of Endorsements For Governor. Umahi by kelechi50: 10:34pm On Jan 27, 2018
Nweze1986:
You deserve to be stoned to death. who was the Gov. of Ebonyi State for 8 years?
the former governor played his role without noise making in social media and I expect the new government to do better than him because they worked together
Re: Season Of Endorsements For Governor. Umahi by kelechi50: 10:42pm On Jan 27, 2018
motiond16:
Over statement, as an ebonyian, if i may ask who and who endosed him? For your information we are part and pacel of this noncense. Between #300 to 500 was shared depending whom your group leader is so stop saying it sound as if people came on there own if not for the money that was shared.
That's it to show you the poverty rate in the state @Nweze1986 are you through with your rape scandal

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos of Atiku's Campaign Cars / Which State Capital In Nigeria Is The Most Local / More Will Go Down IPOB Celebrate With Corpse Of Soldiers.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.