Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,504 members, 7,826,895 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

Iyabo Obasanjo Speaks On Father’s Letter To Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Iyabo Obasanjo Speaks On Father’s Letter To Buhari (35511 Views)

Atiku U.S. Visa: Obasanjo Speaks On APC Allegations / Obasanjo Speaks On Fayemi’s Victory In Ekiti / "Wetin Dem Know Wey Be Biafra?" - Obasanjo Speaks On Agitation On BBC (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iyabo Obasanjo Speaks On Father’s Letter To Buhari by omaolowo(m): 11:39pm On Jan 27, 2018
A FORMER Nigerian senator, Iyabo Obasanjo, on Saturday jabbed her detractors who are currently recirculating her 2013 letter to her father.

Some social media users had recirculated the former Senator’s letter to her father in 2013 in which she criticised the former President.

Ms. Obasanjo’s letter was redistributed over the weekend allegedly by some supporters of the current administration, barely a few days after her father’s letter to President Muhammadu Buhari.

Mr. Obasanjo accused the Buhari administration of incompetence, nepotism, corruption and advised Mr. Buhari not to seek reelection.

The former President then proposed a new political movement that will herald economic and social development for the country.

In a statement _she personally_ sent to PREMIUM TIMES Saturday night, Ms. Obasanjo said the Buhari administration should focus on the content of her father’s letter and heed his counsel.

Ms. Obasanjo described her father as  “one of the most brilliant leaders to ever emerge in modern Africa”.

She accused the government of sponsoring the recirculation of her scathing letter to her father, saying those who should “benefit from the advise and admonishment of one of the most brilliant leaders to ever emerge in modern Africa have resorted to a cheap tactic that further reiterates the message that they found abhorrent enough to start looking for unconnected issues to put together to make their point.”

She urged the President to yield to calls for him to step aside in 2019.

“The wise should listen wherever help and advice comes from,” she said.

“Those who re-published the old letter should have spent time to respond to the content of the said statement which called for President Buhari to retire in 2019,” Ms. Obasanjo said, adding that Mr. Buhari’s failing health condition should dissuade him from running in 2019.

Ms. Obasanjo, who served as a senator for Ogun Central Senatorial District from 2007 to 2011, said Nigerians should be wary of any attempt to recirculate her 2013 letter and pass it off as recent and genuine.

She said she had no connection with this administration or the last one under Goodluck Jonathan.

“I agree with the open letter and I hope Africa will emerge from its current dwindling fortunes and become a leading nation in the world,” Ms. Obasanjo said.

“It is tiring to continue to be part of Nigerian conversation when there’s no positive impact to it.

“I really do not want to be part of it, as I’ve found over and over again that speech and words are wasted on people who have no understanding of responsibility on us as black people on this planet.”

Presidential spokespersons Femi Adesina and Garba Shehu did not immediately respond to PREMIUM TIMES requests seeking comments Saturday night.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/256862-iyabo-obasanjo-speaks-on-fathers-letter-to-buhari.html

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo Speaks On Father’s Letter To Buhari by GreatEngineer(m): 11:43pm On Jan 27, 2018
Ok
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo Speaks On Father’s Letter To Buhari by Sirjamo: 11:59pm On Jan 27, 2018
Family of letter writers, like father like daughter

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo Speaks On Father’s Letter To Buhari by Nobody: 12:03am On Jan 28, 2018
Buhari is bad. Obasanjo is bad.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo Speaks On Father’s Letter To Buhari by Firefire(m): 1:07am On Jan 28, 2018
Buhary is too sick (both mentally & physically) to lead a sick nation like Nigeria.

If some of the country citizens were not sick, how could they in their right senses vote a despot, brainless and myopic individual to rule over them in this era of knowledge?

120 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo Speaks On Father’s Letter To Buhari by BabatCargo(m): 1:12am On Jan 28, 2018
Everybody now reacting like chemicals

6 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo Speaks On Father’s Letter To Buhari by Kemperor: 1:15am On Jan 28, 2018
Iyabo Obasanjo you belong in the other room...

2 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo Speaks On Father’s Letter To Buhari by MONITZ: 1:34am On Jan 28, 2018
The storm is gathering and I am hoping it ends well for this country because some politicians re so desperate that they would rather have Nigeria go up in flames than give up on their ambition..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo Speaks On Father’s Letter To Buhari by surgical: 3:04am On Jan 28, 2018
Firefire:
Buhary is too sick (both mentally & physically) to lead a sick nation like Nigeria.

If some of the country citizens were not sick, how could they in their right senses vote a despot, brainless and myopic individual to rule over them in this era of knowledge?

The thing tire person.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo Speaks On Father’s Letter To Buhari by ayusco85(m): 6:03am On Jan 28, 2018
we have landed on FP.

back to the matter, i just love the waves this OBJ letter is causing across the nation. i bet you Buhari will want to be on the good side of history, he doesnt want to be one of the victims of OBJs letter. He wont contest but might annoint a much younger candidate.

Then we will reject his annointed candidate too.

6 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo Speaks On Father’s Letter To Buhari by fiizznation: 6:12am On Jan 28, 2018
Hear this ugly woman. Anyway go and tell your father that buhari is NO dumbass Jonathan. If he pushes his luck too much, he will be cut to size.

7 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo Speaks On Father’s Letter To Buhari by 9jaBloke: 6:28am On Jan 28, 2018
A copy of Iyabo's letter or at least excerpts should have been included in this post.

Trust politicians to chase the wind when they should be addressing the issues raised.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. "It's not about APC or PDP." It's a systemic problem. The entire political class has failed us and the present structure cannot work. Everyone who have occupied political office in the 4th republic contributed to our woes.

Take a look at all the major political parties across the country and tell yourself the truth. They are run by the same recycled corrupt politicians. There is not a single patriot among them. Their legal entitlement is a fraud, not to talk of the ones they obtain illegally.

I'm not disappointed in this government because I never had expectations. I knew the politicians had failed us long before 2015. Our general elections always leaves us two options...or rather, we always limit ourselves to options A or P but I've been clamoring for a 3rd option since 2011.

Let me repeat what we already know for emphasis. It's not about the person in Aso Rock, it's about the people around the person, the process that got him/her there and our complex political structure.

Come 2019, options A and P are not going to do things differently.

Nigerians, be wise!

14 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo Speaks On Father’s Letter To Buhari by lastmessenger: 7:31am On Jan 28, 2018
fiizznation:
Hear this ugly woman. Anyway go and tell your father that buhari is NO dumbass Jonathan. If he pushes his luck too much, he will be cut to size.
is easy to type shit on social media but let me tell you that Buhari cannot and will not even dream of touching obasanjo.if he dares it,Nigeria will burn.

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo Speaks On Father’s Letter To Buhari by CASTOSVILLA(m): 7:34am On Jan 28, 2018
fiizznation:
Internet noise maker, keep it up �

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo Speaks On Father’s Letter To Buhari by DoTheNeedful: 7:40am On Jan 28, 2018
That is the reason why it is stvpid to wash your dirty linen in the public. Why write such scathing letter about your dad then only to come and extol him now. The funny thing is that those that are happily ridiculing OBJ based on what Iyabo and Gbenga publicly said about their father have worse things going on within their families. Wetin concern me

6 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo Speaks On Father’s Letter To Buhari by Nobody: 7:54am On Jan 28, 2018
Everything about Buhari, FG and APC is all about propaganda. Imagine recirculating an old press release for propaganda. Tufiakwa. I spit on them. angry

5 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo Speaks On Father’s Letter To Buhari by Lipscomb(m): 7:57am On Jan 28, 2018
You're right bro this will happen soon .
9jaBloke:
A copy of Iyabo's letter or at least excerpts should have been included in this post.

Trust politicians to chase the wind when they should be addressing issues raised.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. "It's not about APC or PDP." It's a systemic problem. The entire political class has failed us and the present structure cannot work. Everyone who have occupied political office in the 4th republic contributed our woes.

Take a look at all the major political parties across the country and tell yourself the truth. They are run by the same recycled corrupt politicians. There is not a single patriot among them. Their legal entitlement is a fraud, not to talk of the ones they obtain illegally.

I'm not disappointed in this government because I never had expectations. I knew the politicians have failed us long before 2015. Our general elections always leaves us two options or rather we limit ourselves to options A or P but I've clamored for a 3rd option since 2011.

Let me repeat what we already for emphasis. It's not about the person in Aso Rock, it's about the people around the person, the process that got him/her there and the complex political structure.

Nigerians be wise!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo Speaks On Father’s Letter To Buhari by blackpanda: 8:11am On Jan 28, 2018
Buhari should step down for whom

For ur father to field another useless puppet president abi. Ewu gambia grin

4 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo Speaks On Father’s Letter To Buhari by HeyCorleone(m): 11:22am On Jan 28, 2018
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo Speaks On Father’s Letter To Buhari by Gkay1(m): 11:22am On Jan 28, 2018
omaolowo:
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/256862-iyabo-obasanjo-speaks-on-fathers-letter-to-buhari.html

January 27, 2018
Samuel Ogundipe

A FORMER Nigerian senator, Iyabo Obasanjo, on Saturday jabbed her detractors who are currently recirculating her 2013 letter to her father.

Some social media users had recirculated the former Senator’s letter to her father in 2013 in which she criticised the former President.

Ms. Obasanjo’s letter was redistributed over the weekend allegedly by some supporters of the current administration, barely a few days after her father’s letter to President Muhammadu Buhari.

Mr. Obasanjo accused the Buhari administration of incompetence, nepotism, corruption and advised Mr. Buhari not to seek reelection.

The former President then proposed a new political movement that will herald economic and social development for the country.

In a statement _she personally_ sent to PREMIUM TIMES Saturday night, Ms. Obasanjo said the Buhari administration should focus on the content of her father’s letter and heed his counsel.

Ms. Obasanjo described her father as  “one of the most brilliant leaders to ever emerge in modern Africa”.

She accused the government of sponsoring the recirculation of her scathing letter to her father, saying those who should “benefit from the advise and admonishment of one of the most brilliant leaders to ever emerge in modern Africa have resorted to a cheap tactic that further reiterates the message that they found abhorrent enough to start looking for unconnected issues to put together to make their point.”

She urged the President to yield to calls for him to step aside in 2019.

“The wise should listen wherever help and advice comes from,” she said.

“Those who re-published the old letter should have spent time to respond to the content of the said statement which called for President Buhari to retire in 2019,” Ms. Obasanjo said, adding that Mr. Buhari’s failing health condition should dissuade him from running in 2019.

Ms. Obasanjo, who served as a senator for Ogun Central Senatorial District from 2007 to 2011, said Nigerians should be wary of any attempt to recirculate her 2013 letter and pass it off as recent and genuine.

She said she had no connection with this administration or the last one under Goodluck Jonathan.

“I agree with the open letter and I hope Africa will emerge from its current dwindling fortunes and become a leading nation in the world,” Ms. Obasanjo said.

“It is tiring to continue to be part of Nigerian conversation when there’s no positive impact to it.

“I really do not want to be part of it, as I’ve found over and over again that speech and words are wasted on people who have no understanding of responsibility on us as black people on this planet.”

Presidential spokespersons Femi Adesina and Garba Shehu did not immediately respond to PREMIUM TIMES requests seeking comments Saturday night.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo Speaks On Father’s Letter To Buhari by Tflex01: 11:22am On Jan 28, 2018
I said it that time that this clown will regret that letter one day...... cool

I commend Obasanjo for the way he handled the whole matter though.

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo Speaks On Father’s Letter To Buhari by sunkanmihassan1(m): 11:22am On Jan 28, 2018
so?
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo Speaks On Father’s Letter To Buhari by Onemilo(m): 11:22am On Jan 28, 2018
Uh-huh,
well
Laugh small grin

Talking about sex doll with an African father
Baakeke Comedy grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4O4BEQc2BU
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo Speaks On Father’s Letter To Buhari by HeyCorleone(m): 11:23am On Jan 28, 2018
9jaBloke:

Trust politicians to chase the wind when they should be addressing the issues raised.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. "It's not about APC or PDP." It's a systemic problem. The entire political class has failed us and the present structure cannot work. Everyone who have occupied political office in the 4th republic contributed our woes.

I'm not disappointed in this government because I never had expectations. I knew the politicians have failed us long before 2015. Our general elections always leaves us two options or rather, we always limit ourselves to options A or P but I've clamored for a 3rd option since 2011.

Let me repeat what we already know for emphasis. It's not about the person in Aso Rock, it's about the people around the person, the process that got him/her there and the complex political structure.

Nigerians be wise!

You have said it all.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo Speaks On Father’s Letter To Buhari by lankieman: 11:24am On Jan 28, 2018
What do u expect when Baba attended open University,....na to dey write open letter na.. grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo Speaks On Father’s Letter To Buhari by americanson: 11:26am On Jan 28, 2018
fiizznation:
you are funny... Then be ready lost the entire South West so much that Tinubu will not be able to safe Buhari. They have lost the middle belt already in case you don't know. Tinubu can't deliver the South West like last time. Reality has reset a lot of brain.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo Speaks On Father’s Letter To Buhari by chiboyo(m): 11:27am On Jan 28, 2018
Buhari and his supporters lack the ability to understand constructive criticism...

It is well!!

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo Speaks On Father’s Letter To Buhari by Gkay1(m): 11:27am On Jan 28, 2018
surgical:
The thing tire person.

people like u na mouth una dey make. if APC give u just 5k to vote again, u will vote for dem
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo Speaks On Father’s Letter To Buhari by Siki355(m): 11:28am On Jan 28, 2018
#changethechangi
buhari is a dullard n all dat supports him are dullards
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo Speaks On Father’s Letter To Buhari by henrixx(m): 11:32am On Jan 28, 2018
lastmessenger:
is easy to type shit on social media but let me tell you that Buhari cannot and will not even dream of touching obasanjo.if he dares it,Nigeria will burn.
na you go burn am?

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo Speaks On Father’s Letter To Buhari by samuel2018: 11:35am On Jan 28, 2018
Omo oko nie.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC NEC Ratifies Edo Governorship Primaries Election / What Next for the Embattled Senate President, Saraki? / Governor Fayose Jets Out To China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.