Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,732 members, 7,824,066 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

Short Story:. MIDNIGHT CRY 1 & 2 - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Short Story:. MIDNIGHT CRY 1 & 2 (1499 Views)

Midnight Love (A Short Romance Suspense Story By Kayode Odusanya) / The Midnight Encounter (A Short Crime Story By Olumide Odusanya) / The 2018 Commonwealth Short Story Prize Is Open For Entries. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Short Story:. MIDNIGHT CRY 1 & 2 by EaglesAcademy17(f): 2:26pm On Jan 28, 2018
It was a cold night and I had almost strangled my mattress with excessive turning. I finally got up and hissed at the disappearance of the yellow brightness of the ceiling bulb. NEPA and their wahala!
I took out my Bible underneath my pillow. Then I heard a strange noise at the backyard. It was Madam Amaka's voice, I was sure of that. I tiptoed to my window and slowly adjusted the curtain.
What am I seeing? -blood! Her husband had been blindfolded and she was stuffing a thick cloth into his mouth. He was sweating profusely and gasping aggressively. What the hell was this lady doing?

By Isioma Anita Adikamkwu

TO BE CONTINUED!
Please your comments would be highly appreciated!

MIDNIGHT CRY. (part 2)
I suddenly realized that my face was literally glued to my glass window. I was electrified. I had never witnessed murder or manslaughter prior to this time. There I was fear struck and confused. Should I intervene or simply alert the neighbors? But were they all dead asleep?
I decided to trace the blood. Unbelievable!! I gathered unwanted courage and dashed out of my room to the backyard. I was shouting, "Neighbors oh! Come and see oh!"
Fortunately, Papa Bimpe and Iya Segun also dashed out of their rooms as NEPA returned the electric current. But it was too late. His manhood was stiff, dead in its own pool of blood. Our landlord had been castrated; that was the midnight cry.
Iya Segun's eyes were glued to the disconnected organ until I shut down her gaze:
"Iya Segun, please we need to call the ambulance immediately!!"
"What about Madam Amaka? Where is the unlicensed butcher?", Papa Bimpe added.
I examined our landlord carefully. He was breathing like a he-goat after the first slash of a cutlass. I looked at the pool of blood... I saw a photograph lying at the coagulating edge. It was a photograph of our landlord on top of a woman. I shook my head. Now I knew why that organ had been disconnected.

By Isioma Anita Adikamkwu

Thanks for reading! I would sincerely appreciate your comments.

1 Like

Re: Short Story:. MIDNIGHT CRY 1 & 2 by Renegadefrank(m): 9:39pm On Jan 28, 2018
Nice. Looking forward to the story. I equally love the suspense.

1 Like

Re: Short Story:. MIDNIGHT CRY 1 & 2 by Renegadefrank(m): 9:40pm On Jan 28, 2018
Nice. I look forward to reading the story. I equally love the suspense.

1 Like

Re: Short Story:. MIDNIGHT CRY 1 & 2 by EaglesAcademy17(f): 11:27pm On Jan 28, 2018
Renegadefrank:
Nice. Looking forward to the story. I equally love the suspense.

Thank you very much Francis. I will post the sequel once the 'muse' is ripe. �

1 Like

Re: Short Story:. MIDNIGHT CRY 1 & 2 by iambijo(m): 8:38am On Jan 30, 2018
Wow very nice but come and complete it madam.

1 Like

Re: Short Story:. MIDNIGHT CRY 1 & 2 by EaglesAcademy17(f): 12:50pm On Jan 30, 2018
iambijo:
Wow very nice but come and complete it madam.

Yes! It is done! Please read my first post on the story again. I have added the second part. Thanks for your comment. It is appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Short Story:. MIDNIGHT CRY 1 & 2 by iambijo(m): 1:13pm On Jan 30, 2018
EaglesAcademy17:

Yes! It is done! Please read my first post on the story again. I have added the second part. Thanks for your comment. It is appreciated.
i've seen it, thanks for sharing the story with us.

1 Like

Re: Short Story:. MIDNIGHT CRY 1 & 2 by EaglesAcademy17(f): 1:16pm On Jan 30, 2018
iambijo:
i've seen it, thanks for sharing the story with us.

Please what do you think about the story? I am actually more of a poet. But I would like to improve on prose writing. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Short Story:. MIDNIGHT CRY 1 & 2 by Renegadefrank(m): 1:02pm On Jan 31, 2018
EaglesAcademy17:

Please what do you think about the story? I am actually more of a poet. But I would like to improve on prose writing. Thanks
It's looking good and taking shape nicely. please carry on.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Research/content Writers Needed For Young People's Online Magazine / Shades Of Deceit / Let's Make A Play

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.