Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,363 members, 7,860,994 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:33 PM

Herdsmen Killings: Why We Will Resist Cattle Colonies,ranches-miyetti Allah - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Herdsmen Killings: Why We Will Resist Cattle Colonies,ranches-miyetti Allah (436 Views)

Wike: We Will Resist Every Attempt To Unlawfully Remove Obaseki / Melaye To Buhari: If Politicians Are Responsible For Killings, Why Ranching? / We Will Resist Any Coup- Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Herdsmen Killings: Why We Will Resist Cattle Colonies,ranches-miyetti Allah by planetzoom: 3:57pm On Jan 28, 2018
The Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria, MACBAN, has said that they would do everything to resist Federal Government’s plans to establish cattle colonies and the ban on open grazing as passed by some State Governments.
Speaking through its North East Chairman, Alhaji Mafindi Danburam, the group said open grazing was the tradition of a Fulani man and that no had the right to stop anyone from practicing their tradition, adding that colony was not their culture.
Danburam told Punch, “You see, we know the plan of the Federal Government and I tell you that anything that infringes on our rights, we will go to court.
“Open grazing is our culture and you cannot wake up one day and stop me from practising my culture.
“Cattle colony is not our culture . We have our culture and tradition and we want to maintain it.”
The Taraba State Government had earlier said that the implementation of its anti-open grazing law, which started on Wednesday, will be a gradual process, but the group is in total objection to the development.
Danburan added, “As the Chairman of the Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria in the North-East, who is also the immediate past Chairman of the group in Taraba State, I want to tell you that we do not accept the open grazing prohibition law being implemented in Taraba State.
“We don’t need it, we don ’t want it and that is why we are challenging the law in a court of competent jurisdiction — the state High Court.
“The case is before her lordship, the Chief Judge of Taraba State, Justice Josephine Tuktur. So, we won ’t do anything before the outcome of the case'' He said
Re: Herdsmen Killings: Why We Will Resist Cattle Colonies,ranches-miyetti Allah by NnamdiN: 4:23pm On Jan 28, 2018
Like seriously?
Re: Herdsmen Killings: Why We Will Resist Cattle Colonies,ranches-miyetti Allah by fellowman: 4:25pm On Jan 28, 2018
every market should have a poultry abattoir so that all this won't happen, apart from cow meat what do this guys have to offer. is it milk or what?
get a small poultry now. start with two chickens.
Re: Herdsmen Killings: Why We Will Resist Cattle Colonies,ranches-miyetti Allah by Blue3k(m): 4:29pm On Jan 28, 2018
This is funny to see they are playing themselves. There's no law stipulating they have to use cattle colony they can open graze. Plateau the interesting state in all this since they rejected colony and haven't passed open grazing bill. If state assembly chooses to pass bill they will face governors veto.
Re: Herdsmen Killings: Why We Will Resist Cattle Colonies,ranches-miyetti Allah by dealslip(f): 4:30pm On Jan 28, 2018
I understand the Miyetti guy. He is about to run mad that is why he insisted they must feed their cattle with other people's farm produce. Let them continue to insist, they would go into extinction faster than they planned. This one wey Naija people eye dey chuke seriously.
Re: Herdsmen Killings: Why We Will Resist Cattle Colonies,ranches-miyetti Allah by Omeokachie: 4:31pm On Jan 28, 2018
See reverse psychology.

It is either ranching (up north), or nothing. No one is going to give you their ancestral land for you to run your private business.
Re: Herdsmen Killings: Why We Will Resist Cattle Colonies,ranches-miyetti Allah by freeze001(f): 4:44pm On Jan 28, 2018
Just imagine the nonsense! TonyeBarcanista preaching colonies like it was salvation, see the bloodsuckers u were advocating for...they actually prefer the criminal open grazing where they continue to damage n destroy people's homes and farms. Do u now see that these are demons that don't even deserve any concessions of any kind?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen Killings: Why We Will Resist Cattle Colonies,ranches-miyetti Allah by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:51pm On Jan 28, 2018
This man is amazingly annoying!

The open grazing must be criminalised and give way to ranching system (I am still trying to understand this colony of a thing).

Anyway, I am happy that they have gone to court to test the law and I am sure that the court will put the final nail on the coffin
“We don’t need it, we don ’t want it and that is why we are challenging the law in a court of competent jurisdiction — the state High Court.
“The case is before her lordship, the Chief Judge of Taraba State, Justice Josephine Tuktur. So, we won ’t do anything before the outcome of the case'' He said
Re: Herdsmen Killings: Why We Will Resist Cattle Colonies,ranches-miyetti Allah by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:52pm On Jan 28, 2018
freeze001:
Just imagine the nonsense! TonyeBarcanista preaching colonies like it was salvation, see the bloodsuckers u were advocating for...they actually prefer the criminal open grazing where they continue to damage n destroy people's homes and farms. Do u now see that these are demons that don't even deserve any concessions of any kind?
Mama Freeze Darling, what have I done this time?
Re: Herdsmen Killings: Why We Will Resist Cattle Colonies,ranches-miyetti Allah by dodelight(m): 4:52pm On Jan 28, 2018
See Buhari's kinsman! Of course that backward race is so attached to their backward tradition, and we the civilized race will beat them back to their hamlets by every mean possible.

(1) (Reply)

The Atiku Advantage / N5B For Electricity Maintenance At Aso Rock Villa (photo Of The Contractors) / A Federal University Asks Students To Pay #50,000 For Security

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.