Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

How Are Death Benefits Paid In Nigeria? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Are Death Benefits Paid In Nigeria? (26269 Views)

Are Locum Doctors And Nurses Well Paid In Nigeria? / How To Get Paid In Bitcoins Without Any Struggle / How Much Are Air Hostesses Or Flight Attendants Paid In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Are Death Benefits Paid In Nigeria? by Anthos(m): 8:51pm On Jan 29, 2018
adajiboyy:
thank God for this thread because my mum died just 2 months ago and I am the next of kin. though mutual benefit and capital express that she had her pensions plan with has contacted me and given me some form to fill so as to access her pensions and benefit, but my question and fear now is she was a police officer I hope they won't take ages before her gratuity is paid? had anyone gone through this as a next of kin to a police officer please what steps did you take?
I I will be back here to tell you how I did mine I lost my dad at the age of 19 I single handedly handled the pension ,gratuity and the police benefits
hope your mum was given a 21 gun salute during burial?
Re: How Are Death Benefits Paid In Nigeria? by ufondunenye(f): 8:54pm On Jan 29, 2018
That's why its good to invest in Insurance savings.
Re: How Are Death Benefits Paid In Nigeria? by Ghostmode2two(m): 8:54pm On Jan 29, 2018
Kenndleysense:
I can help you process the Letters of Administration to facilitate the release of the benefits. You can call or WhatsApp me on: 07033964033 for a chat.

Scam alert!!!!

3 Likes

Re: How Are Death Benefits Paid In Nigeria? by Anthos(m): 8:56pm On Jan 29, 2018
Amandabannes:
Hello Nairalanders,

Please I would like to confirm from resourceful persons on how death benefits are paid, most especially in the area of the savings in the retirement savings account and the gratuity to be paid by the government via the account.

My dad passed on some six years ago, and up till now we have not been able to access the death benefits with premium pensions despite various documentation processes.

I happen to be the NOK and the family are thinking I have probably been paid the fund.

In all truthfulness, there are financial needs in the family especially young children in school and the Pension Administrator said as at December 2017 that they were waiting for the Pension Commission to send the Bond to them which takes up to a year to arrive angry lipsrsealed.

My question is this, does the pension act give room for the retirement savings in the account to be paid pending when the bond will arrive at Premium Pensions.

Meaningful inputs/help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Cc

Lalasticlala please help move to Frontpage so I can get help from resourceful nairalanders
whats the nature of his job ?let's start from there
Re: How Are Death Benefits Paid In Nigeria? by Suko110(m): 9:00pm On Jan 29, 2018
Mpanyi:

Please continue to follow up with PFA premium in this case. Don't listen to any other advice. I can assure you right process is being follow. The only problem is the current delay but you will be paid.

Oga adviser, son of solomon, monopoly of advise, `dont follow any other advise'. How can u just say that

1 Like

Re: How Are Death Benefits Paid In Nigeria? by id4sho(m): 9:23pm On Jan 29, 2018
Anthos:
I I will be back here to tell you how I did mine I lost my dad at the age of 19 I single handedly handled the pension ,gratuity and the police benefits
sorry brother, I lost mine also. how did you go about pension, cooperative, insurance, gratuity etc.
he passed on after retirement. was it at FHQ abuja Or where
Re: How Are Death Benefits Paid In Nigeria? by BabaAgba79(m): 9:32pm On Jan 29, 2018
Amandabannes:
Hello Nairalanders,

Please I would like to confirm from resourceful persons on how death benefits are paid, most especially in the area of the savings in the retirement savings account and the gratuity to be paid by the government via the account.

My dad passed on some six years ago, and up till now we have not been able to access the death benefits with premium pensions despite various documentation processes.

I happen to be the NOK and the family are thinking I have probably been paid the fund.

In all truthfulness, there are financial needs in the family especially young children in school and the Pension Administrator said as at December 2017 that they were waiting for the Pension Commission to send the Bond to them which takes up to a year to arrive angry lipsrsealed.

My question is this, does the pension act give room for the retirement savings in the account to be paid pending when the bond will arrive at Premium Pensions.

Thanks.

Cc

Lalasticlala please help move to Frontpage so I can get help from resourceful nairalanders

Eeyah. So sorry about this. If you are in Abuja go to National Pension Commission in Wuse 2. Tell them the Security that u are going to B$I Dept. They will tell you what to do. It is unfortunate that it is up to six years. But do what i said pls. National pension Commission ensures that all death benefits must be as at and when due.

2 Likes

Re: How Are Death Benefits Paid In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jan 29, 2018
Anthos:
she wasn't bro. we took her to the village in Benue where we buried her
Re: How Are Death Benefits Paid In Nigeria? by otunbablacq: 9:35pm On Jan 29, 2018
Its a sad thing that the FG takes a longer time to redeem retirees bond. However, the law does not permit partial payment from the RSA. I think the delay on the part of pencom might be reconciliation because a lot of account holders dont pay attention to account while active. Another view is that letter of administration is not duly certified by a court. Having your name as NOK does not make you qualify as Estate beneficiary of the deceased. To get all dis resolved, i suggest you
Get ur Letter of administration right
Get all d certificates handy well certified n approach Premium pensions.
I wish you luck

Thanks.

Cc

[/quote]
Re: How Are Death Benefits Paid In Nigeria? by otunbablacq: 9:39pm On Jan 29, 2018
Mutual benefit n capital express are both insurance companies. Be careful as to what you fill please.

adajiboyy:
thank God for this thread because my mum died just 2 months ago and I am the next of kin. though mutual benefit and capital express that she had her pensions plan with has contacted me and given me some form to fill so as to access her pensions and benefit, but my question and fear now is she was a police officer I hope they won't take ages before her gratuity is paid? had anyone gone through this as a next of kin to a police officer please what steps did you take?
Re: How Are Death Benefits Paid In Nigeria? by Anthos(m): 9:39pm On Jan 29, 2018
id4sho:

sorry brother, I lost mine also. how did you go about pension, cooperative, insurance, gratuity etc.
he passed on after retirement. was it at FHQ abuja Or where
the payment is as follows
insurance
cooperative
gratuity
pension

so

the first step to this is to get a death certificate from national population commission ...local government Don dey give am self after that ...
get your dads passport ...and full picture on police outfit...
after that head go to his pay unit to stop the payment of his salaries... cos government might still be crediting his account and someone is taking it
then
get his pfn no...that's the force no normally written on their cloth
get a poster of his burial to certify he is really dead
get the account number where they do pay him before his death
proceed to the command where your dad served last before his death
meet the admin in charge of insurance ...they will process the insurance for you within one week... you will paid your insurance... after that you will be referred to lions building at ikoyi lagos state to get the cooperative payment too with the letters and documents they will give you

indicate if you understood all I wrote up here before I will continue

2 Likes

Re: How Are Death Benefits Paid In Nigeria? by Anthos(m): 9:47pm On Jan 29, 2018
adajiboyy:
she wasn't bro. we took her to the village in Benue where we buried her
NAwa oo didnt they get signal from where she served last that she is dead? abi una no tell them?

she was supposed to be buried by force men ...with 21 gun salute its her right
anyway follow my post I wrote how you could get your benefits ... just follow what I wrote there you will definitely get it
Re: How Are Death Benefits Paid In Nigeria? by illegalking: 9:51pm On Jan 29, 2018
Edddie:
Op So you want to reap what you did not sow? :-/
did u just say this? Oh his dad swet is for d government?
Re: How Are Death Benefits Paid In Nigeria? by id4sho(m): 9:53pm On Jan 29, 2018
Anthos:
the payment is as follows
insurance
cooperative
gratuity
pension

so

the first step to this is to get a death certificate from national population commission ...local government Don dey give am self after that ...
get your dads passport ...and full picture on police outfit...
after that head go to his pay unit to stop the payment of his salaries... cos government might still be crediting his account and someone is taking it
then
get his pfn no...that's the force no normally written on their cloth
get a poster of his burial to certify he is really dead
get the account number where they do pay him before his death
proceed to the command where your dad served last before his death
meet the admin in charge of insurance ...they will process the insurance for you within one week... you will paid your insurance... after that you will be referred to lions building at ikoyi lagos state to get the cooperative payment too with the letters and documents they will give you

indicate if you understood all I wrote up here before I will continue
I understand sir, please go on
Re: How Are Death Benefits Paid In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jan 29, 2018
otunbablacq:
Mutual benefit n capital express are both insurance companies. Be careful as to what you fill please.

thank you bro
Re: How Are Death Benefits Paid In Nigeria? by Pointblank09(m): 10:15pm On Jan 29, 2018
Put all the document on twitter and broadcat it. You may exclude vital points like name and pin no that can be used by fraudsters. It will work like magic. Look for the twitter handle of their MD, CEO and escalate it. Encourage people to retweet. You will thank me later.
I did it the day Stanbic dispensed fake currency on their ATM. I posted it on twitter. I copied giditraffic, lagos traffic etc. They begged me to collect the money in their nearest branch. The MD of the branch eve came to address.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Are Death Benefits Paid In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jan 29, 2018
Anthos:
NAwa oo didnt they get signal from where she served last that she is dead? abi una no tell them?

she was supposed to be buried by force men ...with 21 gun salute its her right
anyway follow my post I wrote how you could get your benefits ... just follow what I wrote there you will definitely get it
thank you a lot and yes there was a signal that was send to where she worked last
Re: How Are Death Benefits Paid In Nigeria? by 18wheeler: 10:16pm On Jan 29, 2018
First you determine if the late (hard luck) was part of the contributory pensions scheme or not. I believe he was before demise. If so, his entitlement is lodged with his PFA. Take your Letter of Admin to his PFA, along with other necessary documents like valid ID, BVN. Then they'll be verified and if found valid will be submitted to PenCom who will authorize payment. It takes a while but you'll definitely be paid. If the deceased retired before June 2009 there'll be an accrued right payment that has to be done to his PFA before payment of the benefit to you the NOK. First determine his status before you lay claim because some scrupulous person in the pensions office could capitalize on your lack of knowledge to swindle you of funds.
Re: How Are Death Benefits Paid In Nigeria? by mandmis007(m): 10:25pm On Jan 29, 2018
Did he die while in active service or he was retired? Cz dia are different docs n requirements n processes 4 u 2 get n submit b4 his benefits can be processed at pencom and remitted into his RSA where u can access d acct.
If he dies while in active service go 2 his PFA and collect forms to fill while u submit his death cert 4rm a qualified doctor/hospital, death cert 4rm National population commission, certified pay slip of June 2004, July 2007, Jan 2010, 2013 n month of death. U also attach an introductory letter 4rm his office stating his date of birth, death of dead, GL/ step in June 2004, July 2007, Jan 2010, 2013 and @ date of death. The names of his NOKs,
Also 2 b included is his birth cert/affidavit, Letter of first appointment, RSA No. And equally submit introductory letter from his MDA to his Perm Sec. (PM) stating d above n Letter of Administration (LOA) for his group life insurance.
I believe d snag usually arise 4rm dis GRP life thing.
Go 2 his PFA n sort d issue.
Let me knw hw far, pls.

2 Likes

Re: How Are Death Benefits Paid In Nigeria? by Amandabannes(f): 10:32pm On Jan 29, 2018
Anthos:
whats the nature of his job ?let's start from there

He served in the Police
Re: How Are Death Benefits Paid In Nigeria? by mandmis007(m): 10:33pm On Jan 29, 2018
His all will paid if his accrued rights and Group life are paid into his RSA
Re: How Are Death Benefits Paid In Nigeria? by 18wheeler: 10:33pm On Jan 29, 2018
I understand he deceased was a police officer. I think they withdrew from the contributory pensions scheme (I may be mistaken) so they manage their pensions and death benefits themselves which I cannot say or help as it may. I can only talk of those within the contributory ensigns scheme and can even link you up with someone in premium pensions that can guide you towards getting your full entitlements.

1 Like

Re: How Are Death Benefits Paid In Nigeria? by Amandabannes(f): 10:33pm On Jan 29, 2018
mandmis007:
Did he die while in active service or he was retired? Cz dia are different docs n requirements n processes 4 u 2 get n submit b4 his benefits can be processed at pencom and remitted into his RSA where u can access d acct.
If he dies while in active service go 2 his PFA and collect forms to fill while u submit his death cert 4rm a qualified doctor/hospital, death cert 4rm National population commission, certified pay slip of June 2004, July 2007, Jan 2010, 2013 n month of death. U also attach an introductory letter 4rm his office stating his date of birth, death of dead, GL/ step in June 2004, July 2007, Jan 2010, 2013 and @ date of death. The names of his NOKs,
Also 2 b included is his birth cert/affidavit, Letter of first appointment, RSA No. And equally submit introductory letter from his MDA to his Perm Sec. (PM) stating d above n Letter of Administration (LOA) for his group life insurance.
Let me knw hw far, pls.

I have done all these sir
Re: How Are Death Benefits Paid In Nigeria? by Amandabannes(f): 10:36pm On Jan 29, 2018
BabaAgba79:

Eeyah. So sorry about this. If you are in Abuja go to National Pension Commission in Wuse 2. Tell them the Security that u are going to B$I Dept. They will tell you what to do. It is unfortunate that it is up to six years. But do what i said pls. National pension Commission ensures that all death benefits must be as at and when due.

I stay in Ogun state. Thanks for the concern.
Re: How Are Death Benefits Paid In Nigeria? by Amandabannes(f): 10:43pm On Jan 29, 2018
Jcob:
Put all documents together including the letter of administration and take all to the pension fund manager. Follow up with them closely and you should get paid max 6 months. They might want to pull some stunts though.

Thanks. Done that already
Re: How Are Death Benefits Paid In Nigeria? by Amandabannes(f): 10:44pm On Jan 29, 2018
smartty68:
The typical problems with blacks, you suffer even for your rights and entitlements. And then after untimely dead takes over...

BTW, are you the next of kin?

Yes sir
Re: How Are Death Benefits Paid In Nigeria? by Horllamideh(m): 10:44pm On Jan 29, 2018
Olalekanbanky1:
Since 6 years ago? shocked shocked shocked Nigeria is 4kd mehnn

No1 shud quote me to abuse Buhari abeg... I'm not here to advertise my ignorance
My late Mom's has been unpaid since 14 years ago. the whole family don give up sef on processing that thing.
Re: How Are Death Benefits Paid In Nigeria? by Horllamideh(m): 10:49pm On Jan 29, 2018
mandmis007:
Let me knw hw far, pls.
Good evening sir.....the steps you put down above, does it apply to primary School teachers too because we pursued my late mum's gratuity for 5 years (from 2004-2009) and our effort came out futile before we gave up hope. I am kind of hoping to resuscitate the whole process again.
Re: How Are Death Benefits Paid In Nigeria? by Olalekanbanky1(m): 6:18am On Jan 30, 2018
Horllamideh:

My late Mom's has been unpaid since 14 years ago. the whole family don give up sef on processing that thing.
but this is bad oh
Re: How Are Death Benefits Paid In Nigeria? by Jackossky(m): 6:26am On Jan 30, 2018
Horllamideh:

Good evening sir.....the steps you put down above, does it apply to primary School teachers too because we pursued my late mum's gratuity for 5 years (from 2004-2009) and our effort came out futile before we gave up hope. I am kind of hoping to resuscitate the whole process again.

Real nigga, reviving the the life in it correct Nigga.
Re: How Are Death Benefits Paid In Nigeria? by EvenInFreetown: 6:39am On Jan 30, 2018
I Lost a relative too.she served in the local govt.I'm just wondering the total amount her benefit will be to know if it really worth all the stress,'come today come tomorrow',time/months/years of waiting etc that will be passed through before been paid?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Rejects Plans By Multichoice To Sack Nigerian Workers / Diamond Bank Sacks 200 Workers - Punch / Employers Risk One-month Imprisonment For Late Payment Of Salaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.