Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,122 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

FG Silent On Concessioning Of Onitsha Port, Assures Early Delivery Of Baro Port - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Silent On Concessioning Of Onitsha Port, Assures Early Delivery Of Baro Port (14899 Views)

NIWA Begins Concession Process For Onitsha Port (Photos) / Baro Port Dormant, 8 Months After Commissioning / Reps Appropriated N2billion For Ajaokuta Concessioning- Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Silent On Concessioning Of Onitsha Port, Assures Early Delivery Of Baro Port by mommaJ(f): 10:30am On Jan 31, 2018
GOOD DAY NAIRALANDERS.I M STILL HERE...DONT GIVE UP ON ME YET
https://www.nairaland.com/4312232/husbanda-good-man-help#64528004
Re: FG Silent On Concessioning Of Onitsha Port, Assures Early Delivery Of Baro Port by guyla: 10:32am On Jan 31, 2018
post=64654527:

You are very ignorant, southeast are major importers and hub of commerce in Nigeria, bitter soul same you opened thread few days ago where NIM boss said southeast business guys import ,45% of containers in Nigeria

He was being sarcastic
Re: FG Silent On Concessioning Of Onitsha Port, Assures Early Delivery Of Baro Port by mrclement033: 10:36am On Jan 31, 2018
account boosting strategy
Re: FG Silent On Concessioning Of Onitsha Port, Assures Early Delivery Of Baro Port by Priwillo: 10:42am On Jan 31, 2018
They are just scared. Truth be told if there is a good port in SE, most igbos will leave lagos and other states..

7 Likes

Re: FG Silent On Concessioning Of Onitsha Port, Assures Early Delivery Of Baro Port by Frankbaro(m): 10:42am On Jan 31, 2018
As far as buhari is president, I don't expect anything good to come to the east. It doesn't change anything tho, we are what we are, and they're what they're..
My happiness is that they're still not better off

No matter how long you hold what belongs to a child, with your hands held up , one day you will lower your hands in pain, and the child will take what is rightly his

Time will tell.

7 Likes

Re: FG Silent On Concessioning Of Onitsha Port, Assures Early Delivery Of Baro Port by opribo(m): 10:45am On Jan 31, 2018
Oh I remember Nnamdi Kanu, that guy was 100% correct. The only way to go is forward.

So long as some useless 'efulefu' think their future is in this parasitic, cancerous and demonic union with wanderers so long will they be getting this rubbish.

How a completed project and refurbished with tax payers money will be allowed to rot away just due to parochial sentiments and wickedness of mankind beats my imagination.

True igbos all over the world cannot rest until their dream of freedom is actualized. This nation as presently structured ain't a country at all. No equity, no fairness, no justice, no truth, no fair play.

The contributions of Ibos be in this nation is not worth it, if they channel all that to the blessed land the world by now would be celebrating the Igbo's worldwide.
These people ways are blocking our glory from shinning. Just take a look at their brothers in Nigeria, Chad, Sudan and tell me what you see, retrogression and r religious fanatics everywhere. We got to break this union, it ain't working for us at all. Bootlickers can hang on but certainly it's irritating to us. Nothing in common whatsoever

7 Likes

Re: FG Silent On Concessioning Of Onitsha Port, Assures Early Delivery Of Baro Port by NonsoWow: 10:52am On Jan 31, 2018
that's good news then. So what is delaying the take off if JB is already barging in items into the port? I can't be deceived though as I still see carcasses of steam boats used during the war on the river. A proper dredging would have removed all that from there.

1 Like

Re: FG Silent On Concessioning Of Onitsha Port, Assures Early Delivery Of Baro Port by lastempero: 10:58am On Jan 31, 2018
post=64661559:

Read
Onitsha Port: Anambra shippers task FG

The Anambra State Shippers Association has called on the Federal Government to gazette Onitsha River-Port as final destination for container goods coming into the country. This was just as the association commended the government for making Warri Seaport functional as wharf of final destination for cargo goods. The President of the association, Mr. Emma Akpaka, made the call at the weekend, in Onitsha, while speaking with newsmen on the recent move by the association to adopt Warri wharf as destination for all its container goods. He noted that Warri Port was cut off from cargo transportation for about 10 years on flimsy excuses, as if deposits of many natural resources in Nigeria were a divine mistake. [b] When the news filtered in that it has opened for business, shippers doubted it until Julius Berger Services Nig. Ltd assembled importers/exporters on August 5 in Onitsha and August 6 in Nnewi, to confirm the good news.

“Another spice to the business in Warri wharf is that Julius Berger Services has floated vessels that carry containers from any location in the world to Warri Port at cheaper rate. “Anambra shippers received this information with skepticism until Mr. Thilo Ackermann, the General Manager of the company, took enough time to convince shippers that the company ventured into shipping after a solid foundation that equally considered the reputation of the mother company.” He said it was excitement galore as shippers in the state heaved a sigh of relief that henceforth, their containers will come through Warri Port faster and cheaper. The shippers’ boss said his association decided to work in Warri Port because of its proximity to Onitsha and Nnewi, the commercial and industrial hubs of the South-East respectively. [/b] However, he urged that the Customs and other relevant agencies should be transparent and avoid, “strange and frustrating rules that breed suspicion.

Please how true is that news and when did it happen?
Re: FG Silent On Concessioning Of Onitsha Port, Assures Early Delivery Of Baro Port by mr1759: 11:11am On Jan 31, 2018
there is an agreement BTW the born to rule ppl and Yoruba, born to rule owns the power whole Yoruba keep seaport and airport terminal so that is how they share this country wealth

1 Like

Re: FG Silent On Concessioning Of Onitsha Port, Assures Early Delivery Of Baro Port by mr1759: 11:11am On Jan 31, 2018
there is an agreement BTW the born to rule ppl and Yoruba, born to rule owns the power whole Yoruba keep seaport and airport terminal so that is how they share this country wealth right from the days of awolowo
Re: FG Silent On Concessioning Of Onitsha Port, Assures Early Delivery Of Baro Port by Anambra1stSon(m): 11:33am On Jan 31, 2018
NonsoWow:
that's good news then. So what is delaying the take off if JB is already barging in items into the port? I can't be deceived though as I still see carcasses of steam boats used during the war on the river. A proper dredging would have removed all that from there.

JB services has floating vessels that can carry large numbers of container to Onitsha that's what they are using to bring in containers they are using for second Niger bridge, I have been to their site severely

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Silent On Concessioning Of Onitsha Port, Assures Early Delivery Of Baro Port by Anambra1stSon(m): 11:38am On Jan 31, 2018
lastempero:

Please how true is that news and when did it happen?

This is Onitsha port, you can see the containers that was brought by JB servicing company, I was the one that covered it

Re: FG Silent On Concessioning Of Onitsha Port, Assures Early Delivery Of Baro Port by LZAA: 11:47am On Jan 31, 2018
Blue3k2:

Lol it's my fault your your politicians North and South both sideline you? Lol it's like you forgot Amaechi the self describes Igbo man is minister of transport. It's funny you bring up Niger rail when buhari is simply copying Jonathan's example. Can u explain how I'm targeting you? Try reading my initial comment before answering.
wait Amaechi is igbo?
wow who knew?
but i thought lagos ibadan press said he is frm rivers and the lion of ubima na grin
now say this slowly: igbo amaka
cc imhotep

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Silent On Concessioning Of Onitsha Port, Assures Early Delivery Of Baro Port by Anambra1stSon(m): 11:50am On Jan 31, 2018
Onitsha port was 100% completed towards the end of GEJ tenure, those that hate to see our progress doesn't want to gazette it for final destination, they know it will be a game changer for southeast

1 Like

Re: FG Silent On Concessioning Of Onitsha Port, Assures Early Delivery Of Baro Port by Odingo1: 11:59am On Jan 31, 2018
The question I use to ask is that if Nigeria have sea/river ports and International airport that will cover all parts of Nigeria wont it create the needed jobs for the youths, e.g one standard viable international airport in Enugu, PH, Lagos,Abuja, Kano, Maiduguri, functional ports in Calabar,Warri,Onitcha,lagos,Kaduna and Kogi.

South Africa have six standard international airport and about 8 standard ports that covers the length and breath of the country, you cant live in Durban and be going all the way to Capetown to clear your goods or enter international flights rather you go to the nearest facility and that will save time,energy and money. Nigeria is yet to be a country, you guys are deceiving yourselves.

3 Likes

Re: FG Silent On Concessioning Of Onitsha Port, Assures Early Delivery Of Baro Port by lastempero: 12:03pm On Jan 31, 2018
post=64663423:

This is Onitsha port, you can see the containers that was brought by JB servicing company, I was the one that covered it

You mean one can import directly to Onitsha now.
Re: FG Silent On Concessioning Of Onitsha Port, Assures Early Delivery Of Baro Port by Anambra1stSon(m): 12:08pm On Jan 31, 2018
lastempero:

You mean one can import directly to Onitsha now.
Nope, we still waiting for FG to gazette the port for final destination for containers
Re: FG Silent On Concessioning Of Onitsha Port, Assures Early Delivery Of Baro Port by lastempero: 12:23pm On Jan 31, 2018
post=64664234:

Nope, we still waiting for FG to gazette the port for final destination for containers

Fg Fg Fg those useless cl%nes they won't do anything about it but what abt the warri port.
Re: FG Silent On Concessioning Of Onitsha Port, Assures Early Delivery Of Baro Port by chinedu234(m): 1:11pm On Jan 31, 2018
Every effort to deny economic development of the south east must be encouraged. Infact there should be a design to pull them back because it seems they are going too fast. That is the import of the story.
Re: FG Silent On Concessioning Of Onitsha Port, Assures Early Delivery Of Baro Port by Blue3k2: 2:02pm On Jan 31, 2018
NothingDoMe:
You used to be objective. I guess desperation to save a dying and failed leader has affected your head.

Lol my plan worked. I troll then the thread hits front page. You guys crawled out wood work to brag and boast. Seriously the project was supposed to be concession back in 2013.

post=64663747]Onitsha port was 100% completed towards the end of GEJ tenure, those that hate to see our progress doesn't want to gazette it for final destination, they know it will be a game changer for southeast[/quote]

Lol Jonathan and buhari hate progress. They haven't dredged or concessions project.

[quote author=LZAA
:

wait Amaechi is igbo?
wow who knew?
but i thought lagos ibadan press said he is frm rivers and the lion of ubima na grin
now say this slowly: igbo amaka
cc imhotep

You should read more interviews by Amaechi. He said out if his own mouth he considers himself an Igbo man. His first name is Rotomi because that's the name of a man his father respected.

Re: FG Silent On Concessioning Of Onitsha Port, Assures Early Delivery Of Baro Port by LZAA: 2:23pm On Jan 31, 2018
Blue3k2:

Lol my plan worked. I troll then the thread hits front page. You guys crawled out wood work to brag and boast. Seriously the project was supposed to be concession back in 2013.

Lol Jonathan and buhari hare progress. They haven't dredged or concessions project.

You should read more interviews by Amaechi. He said out if his own mouth he considers himself an Igbo man. His first name is Rotomi because that's the name of a man his father respected.
pretty sure i said lagos ibadan press
u do know editors decide what is published right grin
and on a lighter note call amaechi an igbo man here and see ur brodas crawl out the woodwork
Re: FG Silent On Concessioning Of Onitsha Port, Assures Early Delivery Of Baro Port by Blue3k2: 2:41pm On Jan 31, 2018
guyla:

He was being sarcastic

Lol you think it would be obvious if the read my first comment.
Re: FG Silent On Concessioning Of Onitsha Port, Assures Early Delivery Of Baro Port by InvertedHammer: 2:52pm On Jan 31, 2018
post=64657201:

Oji nwata na ana ji onweya, when you are holding down a child you are holding yourself, there is no peace for the wicked, that's the law of Kama, I can see how poverty free your region is or how develop your region is We are all in the same shithole, their wicked policies is not stopping us from controlling commerce and indigenous industries

What if "oji nwata na ana" has nothing better to do with his life? It amounts to killing the child's destiny. Isn't that what Igbo people are going through? The things yoy hold sacred mean nothing to them: Mansions, big funeral, big cars, education, etc. So by virtue of being your leaders, they forcefully kill your enterprising spirit and reduce you to their own level to the point that you plead for mere existence.

Re: FG Silent On Concessioning Of Onitsha Port, Assures Early Delivery Of Baro Port by salesforce: 4:42pm On Jan 31, 2018
Hmmmm
Re: FG Silent On Concessioning Of Onitsha Port, Assures Early Delivery Of Baro Port by valentineuwakwe(m): 6:40pm On Jan 31, 2018
dat same inequality and injustice we cry out in this country...,how can you create a river port in far away Niger state whereas the ship's coming to that destination will have to pass through onitcha and lokoja...well one day it will happen, let the people of south cry out the more...the world is watching
Re: FG Silent On Concessioning Of Onitsha Port, Assures Early Delivery Of Baro Port by manny4life(m): 7:18pm On Jan 31, 2018
post=64663303:

JB services has floating vessels that can carry large numbers of container to Onitsha that's what they are using to bring in containers they are using for second Niger bridge, I have been to their site severely

This is a container barge not a really a container ocean sailing vessel. As much as I want the port in Onitsha functioning, there will be severe limitations simply because Onitsha is NOT deep and cannot bring in large ships to make it a final destination. Containers can be transferred from Lagos onward to Onitsha where it's processed finally, but that's as much it can go. Onitsha can serve as a feeder but certainly not as a destination.

1 Like

Re: FG Silent On Concessioning Of Onitsha Port, Assures Early Delivery Of Baro Port by Anambra1stSon(m): 7:43pm On Jan 31, 2018
manny4life:

This is a container barge not a really a container ocean sailing vessel. As much as I want the port in Onitsha functioning, there will be severe limitations simply because Onitsha is NOT deep and cannot bring in large ships to make it a final destination. Containers can be transferred from Lagos onward to Onitsha where it's processed finally, but that's as much it can go. Onitsha can serve as a feeder but certainly not as a destination.

I can't remember where I wrote ocean sailing vessel or large ship, JB containers for second Niger bridge were cleared in Warri wharf not Lagos and was trans loaded through barges via Onitsha port

1 Like

Re: FG Silent On Concessioning Of Onitsha Port, Assures Early Delivery Of Baro Port by Blue3k2: 7:52pm On Jan 31, 2018
SlayerSupreme:

Oga go and have a seat.
1) You didn't properly understand my post.
2) You and everybody like you who support sectarianism are pushing Nigeria up the list of shithole countries.

Good day.

It's funny people like yourself fancy yourself educated. When you can answer simple questions. I see how you didn't respond to Niger rail line or Jonathan failures after it was presented to you. Again read my initial post before losing you mind in victim mentality blame game.

1. Because it's nonsense.
2. Where did I support sectarianism

Since 2013 we've been hearing we will. It's almost like the second Niger Bridge who ever finishes it will be crowned king author. They need to dredge and concession these river ports.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Zamfara Stalemate Will Be Resolved Before Elections – Buhari / Bukola Saraki: EFCC Playing Politics, Witch-hunting Percieved Enemies / Why Did You Leave Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.