Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,641 members, 7,809,408 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:04 AM

Unemployment In Nigeria: How Has It Affected Your Family? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Unemployment In Nigeria: How Has It Affected Your Family? (21555 Views)

My Baby Is Being Strongly Affected By Jaundice, I Need Help And Solution. / With The Situation And Economy Of Nigeria, How Many Kids Would You Have? / ADHD: My Experience And How It Has Affected My Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria: How Has It Affected Your Family? by Originalsly: 10:09pm On Jan 31, 2018
Tetragramaton:

OK o. When you have children and trained them and there is no job and no capital. Tell them to go and fry buns and akara with 20k and see how happy they will be while their mates they finished school together will pass them by and wave from their cars with their children and wife and see if such things will not hurt them mentally. You think everyone is alike. No one has a right to tell anyone what to do. There are people who accepted less and remained stagnant and life moved ahead of them following the same rule. Stoop to conquer. It's not how much you stoop but if you have passion for what you do. If you have no passion especially the grace of God, if you like scoop water from the gutter, you will continue doing that till life passes you by!

The entrepenuers in Nigeria who are exemplary today. They have something in common passion for that business, some started small and some were helped by their parents but the passion is there they will excel. How about those whose passion is to work in a bank, or be an accountant or something. Don't they have a right to be that? Why must you or anybody tell them to aim less or do business. Live people alone. We all run different races. It's not for you or anyone to tell us to do business. If you cannot give capital. Then don't talk!
Is frying buns and akara the only two options? Back to the thread I referred.... Frank ...the OP...is pursuing a medical degree.... but is working at Burger King...would you?...or would you allow your child to? A big no by this your comment. You would prefer stay at home....and your child to stay at home instead of doing something. Nobody has to tell you what to do... but you should be doing something while waiting to fulfill your dream or passion. There are graduates that have earned wayyyy less than than they have begged for....year after year...still begging...still collecting from their aging parents... stagnant. ..certified bums. How can you justify such a way of living?. Parasites....why would any woman want to marry a guy that can't hustle on his own?...regardless of certification? Too many pity parties.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria: How Has It Affected Your Family? by BiafraIShere(m): 10:56pm On Jan 31, 2018
donsimo:

Like I said if it matters to you so much,
Do something about Nigerian.
Sincerely, it will all collapsed eventually if this keeps on going.
Nigerians are still comfortable, all you mentioned have been happening as is no big deal.

If it matters to you fix it.
Nigeria's problem is deeply rooted. The North and the South have different ideologies and way of life. Nigeria cannot be salvaged as it is, the best is to break it up to manageable units where every part can hold its people accountable. The North is completely against the progress of Nigeria and they have ensured we remained stagnant. My signature should tell you I'm also doing my bit as a concerned citizen.
Re: Unemployment In Nigeria: How Has It Affected Your Family? by Eddodoh(m): 11:34pm On Jan 31, 2018
Hmmm! I will never pray for my enemy to be unemployed.

It's even worst when u have worked & touched money before. Everyone forget u including ur family members. U become useless.

At a point, I contemplated to commit suicide.
No job, no money, no home, no friends, nothing.

What will be, will be. If I go to sleep & not wake up, justice has being done. I pray for it everyday.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria: How Has It Affected Your Family? by americanson: 12:47am On Feb 01, 2018
cool
Re: Unemployment In Nigeria: How Has It Affected Your Family? by Nobody: 4:35am On Feb 01, 2018
BiafraIShere:
Nigeria's problem is deeply rooted. The North and the South have different ideologies and way of life. Nigeria cannot be salvaged as it is, the best is to break it up to manageable units where every part can hold its people accountable. The North is completely against the progress of Nigeria and they have ensured we remained stagnant. My signature should tell you I'm also doing my bit as a concerned citizen.

I do not agree with breaking the country apart, the long term effects would be disastrous for all of us.
I saw some of your write up I completely agree with the bet niga thing. Its a pity such knowledge doesn't make front page or even draw attention.
Hence y I maintain that Nigerian are comfortably and there will be no change until that changes.
Re: Unemployment In Nigeria: How Has It Affected Your Family? by millionboi2: 8:31am On Feb 01, 2018
Eddodoh:

It's even worst when u have worked & touched money before. Everyone forget u including ur family members. U become useless.

What will be, will be. If I go to sleep & not wake up, justice has being done. I pray for it everyday.
Dont give up.

2 Likes

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria: How Has It Affected Your Family? by americanson: 9:16am On Feb 01, 2018
Eddodoh:

lol.. you are funny o. pray and not wake up and you still have phone and data?
Re: Unemployment In Nigeria: How Has It Affected Your Family? by TourismMan(m): 9:25am On Feb 01, 2018
ilyasom:
I love this bro
Boss, I'm still expecting your mail pls. Thanks.
Re: Unemployment In Nigeria: How Has It Affected Your Family? by johnime: 9:43am On Feb 01, 2018
https://www.nairaland.com/4317267/condom-burst
2shure:
oh ud be going tru ma profile.
i aint got no sti
fucka
u a broke niggi who needs to go home
Re: Unemployment In Nigeria: How Has It Affected Your Family? by Nobody: 10:38am On Feb 01, 2018
Respect55:

I appreciate ur magnanimity dear but I'm already through with service. Stil job hunting. #JoblessButNotHopeless
Are u engaged in any now?
Yes I am. Something small though but the future is bright. I pray you get one soon.
Re: Unemployment In Nigeria: How Has It Affected Your Family? by Nobody: 10:39am On Feb 01, 2018
millionboi2:
list them.

Please always talk with facts
Massage therapy. Do u know these therapist collect 10k to 25k to massage per day?
Re: Unemployment In Nigeria: How Has It Affected Your Family? by BiafraIShere(m): 11:11am On Feb 01, 2018
donsimo:

I do not agree with breaking the country apart, the long term effects would be disastrous for all of us.
I saw some of your write up I completely agree with the bet niga thing. Its a pity such knowledge doesn't make front page or even draw attention.
Hence y I maintain that Nigerian are comfortably and there will be no change until that changes.
I subscribe to break up as a last resort, the best would have been to have semi autonomous regions where everyone controls their destiny, but obviously, the same North is obstinately against it. I have long discovered that life in Nigeria is a situation of everyone for himself and God for us all. The country is headed for the rocks, the elite have since been deceiving themselves that Nigeria always survives against all odds, so they believe they can always get away with their impunity. Personally, I have resigned to faith as regards the country.

3 Likes

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria: How Has It Affected Your Family? by Nobody: 11:26am On Feb 01, 2018
BiafraIShere:
I subscribe to break up as a last resort, the best would have been to have semi autonomous regions where everyone controls their destiny, but obviously, the same North is obstinately against it. I have long discovered that life in Nigeria is a situation of everyone for himself and God for us all. The country is headed for the rocks, the elite have since been deceiving themselves that Nigeria always survives against all odds, so they believe they can always get away with their impunity. Personally, I have resigned to faith as regards the country.

I agree totally with your statement.
I sometimes wish for a movement to eliminate some of this leaders to show the others that there is a repercussion for their actions, however the people I have come to meet are more talk than anything else. And when push comes to shove they would rather depend on luck and hope than do what need to be done.
People have this believe that it would never affect them, that all long as they can point to somebody that they are better than they are fine.
Its just a matter of time before reality dawns, iam only investing in myself for now. Am no long fighting for people who don't know the value of what am doing for them.

2 Likes

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria: How Has It Affected Your Family? by edrys(m): 12:35pm On Feb 01, 2018
BiafraIShere:

Morealso, from my point of view. I think the elite knows what is best to be done, but decide to impoverish the youth by not doing what is right because they are afraid that a time will come when the Youth will want to demand a change in status quo. They know if they is poverty, and everyone is fighting to survive and seeking miracle from God . . . nobody will be interested in locking head with them for power to bring about the revolution that will turn this Country round for good. They have succeeded in placing all their kids and relative in various government parastatals. Naija which way now, Plus 50 years ago, it has been the same old story. Unemployment, Bad Roads, No Clean water, No security, No light. Even if every one of us should get our PVC, nothing is changing yet because the system is built just for them.

5 Likes

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria: How Has It Affected Your Family? by Respect55(m): 10:02pm On Feb 01, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Yes I am. Something small though but the future is bright. I pray you get one soon.
Amen. Thanks. Just dat no one wants to employ a man now. I dnt just understand it.
Re: Unemployment In Nigeria: How Has It Affected Your Family? by Nobody: 10:49pm On Feb 01, 2018
Respect55:

Amen. Thanks. Just dat no one wants to employ a man now. I dnt just understand it.
Says who!? You are funny. Keep hope alive pls
Re: Unemployment In Nigeria: How Has It Affected Your Family? by Respect55(m): 10:53pm On Feb 01, 2018
NwanyiAwkaetiti:
Says who!? You are funny. Keep hope alive pls
I'm telling u from experience
Re: Unemployment In Nigeria: How Has It Affected Your Family? by Eddodoh(m): 11:06pm On Feb 01, 2018
americanson:
lol.. you are funny o. pray and not wake up and you still have phone and data?
U won't understand. NL & it's users is my family & I come here to unwind.

From the hangout I got from a good Samaritan I had to subscribe 4 data to come to NL to read helpful information, funny jokes & comments. That's how I fight depression.

On Phone, do u expect me to do away with it?
I may sell it when I need money to travel for interview or sumtin I know that will yield money.

4 Likes

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria: How Has It Affected Your Family? by americanson: 10:54am On Feb 02, 2018
cool
Re: Unemployment In Nigeria: How Has It Affected Your Family? by Eddodoh(m): 4:26pm On Feb 02, 2018
I understand bro... I feel your pain. You have to do what you have to do to survive. Suicide is not an option. I have been down that road and i never contemplated suicide. Look bro, I was once a bag of bone so much that you would think I had a chronic disease... but na lie, na hunger.

As the world is NOW, what you know is the new ATM... don't depend on your certificates. Acquire new skills in line with demands of current world. consume as much MONEY MAKING information as possible. Fortunately, Nairaland is an encyclopedia of such information. I know this because I ( under many different handles/moniker cheesy) have contributes a lot to that encyclopedia and if you want, I can dig up links for you. Visit the business section often.

While you are reading such information... don't let the none availability of funds to execute them hinder you ( this is how i operate) just learn. At this stage, you are a student and all you have to do is READ as if your life depend on it! One day, it will come handy such that you can swap the knowledge for something that will take you to the next stage.

In the past, when I was in school, lectures will be going on and I will be reading stuff on my phone. My classmates and roommates ALWAYS attacked me. One even called me a phone addict... but today they can see I am not living life like anything they know. I don't complain like most of them do. I am living off the information I had gathered years ago.

I am a conglomerate of many things bro and that is why I can never let anybody give up when in contact with me. Also change your friends...you can never be greater than the kind of friends you keep. Move out with people that inspire you... be brave and bold, move out with people who MAKE THING HAPPEN, PEOPLE WHO MOVE MOUNTAINS. Don't be like the Nigerian who complain too much that things are stack up against them.

KNOWLEDGE IS THE NEW CAPITAL and ALWAYS LOOK OUT FOR LEVERAGES.

Don't let what people think about you hinder you bro... just work.

If you read my previous post, you will see where i stated that I shared information with a guy and he would make a killing after everything. He acted on it. He was even telling me yesterday that once the deal is done, he will close his shop for 2 days... no work. This guy didn't spend much money except to make phone calls in order to follow up on our leads or transport fees to meet up with them at their house.

He has always been prepared long before now.

We have been on this for 9 months and the potential is HUGE, which is why I have been patient to wait for 9 months IF ONLY we can get JUST ONE DEAL DONE. As a matter of fact, when I was creating the whole system, PATIENCE was one of the ugly scenes I accepted take its bullshiits, I also made up my mind that I won't give up if we failed to secure first few encounters. I expected failure. undecided

It is 9 months because 3 previous leads that we had went cold... they have not said they are not interested, they just have not called us since then, it might also be a case of the economy taking its toll. I am left to think it is based on TRUST due to the way we started... I am certaint they will be revived once we get true proof of successful execution along with testimonials.t

We are working with a new lead which my friend found BY WORKS OF GOD's miracle in October while I was in the village to bury my uncle. They came to buy something else, one thing led to another and they are interested in what we have to offer. Their demand will swallow all 3 previous stalled leads which is why I am grateful to God.

I have to confess that the success we have recorded so far is based on relationship that my friend had built over the years with all leads. And he can buy a land or car if he wants. Why am I TALKING about my friend as if he did all the works? Because his story is unique. He didn't have to spend much money unlike what may here complain about. I spent the most most so far... Right from conception to this stage as it involved series of tests. These tests were conducted long before I brought it to his notice. I can't give more details unfortunately.

As you must have noticed, I am not calling my brother or uncle, or sister or aunt... it is just me, my friend, our leads and the information and our God. We are not waiting for anybody to come and help us or hand us any money because there is none out there except mockery stories.

You are the architect of your destiny and no one else can make your dream a reality. I had deleted this post before but for your sake, something ask me to let it go live. Make use of it bro...

3 Likes

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria: How Has It Affected Your Family? by americanson: 11:40am On Feb 04, 2018
Eddodoh:

I really appreciate. Can you dig up few links for me to peruse.

Here is one... You can become a freelancer and exchange your skill for money, which is pretty what many Nigeria employee do but the good thing is that you can do it on your own.

https://www.nairaland.com/2947212/exclusive-how-make-level-2

Here is another link you can read about same freelancing. Don't doubt it, it is as real as your body and some guys charge as high as 10-20k to teach this same thing but it is yours free.

https://www.nairaland.com/3237273/how-make-regular-income-offering

You can import and sell stuffs and make good money

https://www.nairaland.com/1257506/order-ur-goods-via-ebay

Here expanded importation guide (I am among the contributors here grin grin)

https://www.nairaland.com/1116339/it-yourself-importation-guide-free

https://www.nairaland.com/1186199/it-yourself-importation-guide-free

See what a fellow nairalander did

https://www.nairaland.com/3564789/brief-summary-all-business-encounter

He is same author of the link below

https://www.nairaland.com/1842692/it-yourself-alibaba-version

https://www.nairaland.com/1990482/it-yourself-contract-version This was how he made his first money.

Here is another one

https://www.nairaland.com/2273546/it-yourself-yam-business-version

There are more but these are the ones I bookmarked and can lay my hands on.

1 Like

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria: How Has It Affected Your Family? by Eddodoh(m): 11:58pm On Feb 09, 2018
Thanks @americanson
Re: Unemployment In Nigeria: How Has It Affected Your Family? by americanson: 10:40am On Feb 13, 2018
Eddodoh:
Thanks @americanson
You are welcome... please unquote the long epistle when u come online.
Re: Unemployment In Nigeria: How Has It Affected Your Family? by yinkbell: 3:05pm On Feb 26, 2018
beautyhd:

We are in the same level, how I wish I know how to say no. You work from Jan to Dec and nothing to show for it. I'm planning to relocate and they won't know about it.

Seriously, some family members are very wicked.
That job placed in your hand is a test from God. Tell him to help you to cope with any situation you find yourself. If you were in their positions? Have a rethink about your decision. You will not crumble under the pressure. Hold on please God will still elevate you.
Re: Unemployment In Nigeria: How Has It Affected Your Family? by Sagamite(m): 10:08pm On Mar 30, 2018
As I said some time ago in 2015:

"Now see what the foooool let happen to the country. It was a yam festival with a lot of goats binging.

Virtually all states are broke and all reserves are wasted and looted.

Between 2011 and 2015, Nigeria has squandered or lost at least $60bn (conservatively) to corruption, bunkering and selling valuable national assets to crooks for cheap.

It was a time when corruption was not stealing and stealing too was not a crime, according to the cretin, it was a normal thing.

You will all pay for this grave mistake.

The way it is now, the prospects for majority of the youths in the near future is bleak and your kids will also be products of a failed education system as there is no money to fund anything well.

Nigeria is back to square one and we have to start rebuilding from scratch again like we did in 1999.

Remember: It is far easier to destroy than to repair/build.

The jobs of the youth today is not to enjoy but to work hard and build for the youths 2 generations away.

Your lives, hopes and future (in regards to enjoyment and ease) as been destroyed by GEJ."

I predicted this 3 years ago. No escaping it!

https://www.nairaland.com/2797178/unemployment-leaderships-selfishness-agony-depressed/1#40941673

https://www.nairaland.com/636908/what-hasnt-gej-done-10/7#64109440

4 Likes

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria: How Has It Affected Your Family? by yinkbell: 10:40pm On May 19, 2018
Eddodoh:

I understand bro... I feel your pain. You have to do what you have to do to survive. Suicide is not an option. I have been down that road and i never contemplated suicide. Look bro, I was once a bag of bone so much that you would think I had a chronic disease... but na lie, na hunger.

As the world is NOW, what you know is the new ATM... don't depend on your certificates. Acquire new skills in line with demands of current world. consume as much MONEY MAKING information as possible. Fortunately, Nairaland is an encyclopedia of such information. I know this because I ( under many different handles/moniker cheesy) have contributes a lot to that encyclopedia and if you want, I can dig up links for you. Visit the business section often.

While you are reading such information... don't let the none availability of funds to execute them hinder you ( this is how i operate) just learn. At this stage, you are a student and all you have to do is READ as if your life depend on it! One day, it will come handy such that you can swap the knowledge for something that will take you to the next stage.

In the past, when I was in school, lectures will be going on and I will be reading stuff on my phone. My classmates and roommates ALWAYS attacked me. One even called me a phone addict... but today they can see I am not living life like anything they know. I don't complain like most of them do. I am living off the information I had gathered years ago.

I am a conglomerate of many things bro and that is why I can never let anybody give up when in contact with me. Also change your friends...you can never be greater than the kind of friends you keep. Move out with people that inspire you... be brave and bold, move out with people who MAKE THING HAPPEN, PEOPLE WHO MOVE MOUNTAINS. Don't be like the Nigerian who complain too much that things are stack up against them.

KNOWLEDGE IS THE NEW CAPITAL and ALWAYS LOOK OUT FOR LEVERAGES.

Don't let what people think about you hinder you bro... just work.

If you read my previous post, you will see where i stated that I shared information with a guy and he would make a killing after everything. He acted on it. He was even telling me yesterday that once the deal is done, he will close his shop for 2 days... no work. This guy didn't spend much money except to make phone calls in order to follow up on our leads or transport fees to meet up with them at their house.

He has always been prepared long before now.

We have been on this for 9 months and the potential is HUGE, which is why I have been patient to wait for 9 months IF ONLY we can get JUST ONE DEAL DONE. As a matter of fact, when I was creating the whole system, PATIENCE was one of the ugly scenes I accepted take its bullshiits, I also made up my mind that I won't give up if we failed to secure first few encounters. I expected failure. undecided

It is 9 months because 3 previous leads that we had went cold... they have not said they are not interested, they just have not called us since then, it might also be a case of the economy taking its toll. I am left to think it is based on TRUST due to the way we started... I am certaint they will be revived once we get true proof of successful execution along with testimonials.t

We are working with a new lead which my friend found BY WORKS OF GOD's miracle in October while I was in the village to bury my uncle. They came to buy something else, one thing led to another and they are interested in what we have to offer. Their demand will swallow all 3 previous stalled leads which is why I am grateful to God.

I have to confess that the success we have recorded so far is based on relationship that my friend had built over the years with all leads. And he can buy a land or car if he wants. Why am I TALKING about my friend as if he did all the works? Because his story is unique. He didn't have to spend much money unlike what may here complain about. I spent the most most so far... Right from conception to this stage as it involved series of tests. These tests were conducted long before I brought it to his notice. I can't give more details unfortunately.

As you must have noticed, I am not calling my brother or uncle, or sister or aunt... it is just me, my friend, our leads and the information and our God. We are not waiting for anybody to come and help us or hand us any money because there is none out there except mockery stories.

You are the architect of your destiny and no one else can make your dream a reality. I had deleted this post before but for your sake, something ask me to let it go live. Make use of it bro...

I will like to be your friend on fb or WhatsApp.
My no; 07031818922
Re: Unemployment In Nigeria: How Has It Affected Your Family? by gnykelly(m): 5:09am On May 20, 2018
Eddodoh:

your last paragraph though. what happens to. HOPE

1 Like

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria: How Has It Affected Your Family? by americanson: 2:48pm On May 22, 2018
yinkbell:

I will like to be your friend on fb or WhatsApp.
My no; 07031818922
grin
Re: Unemployment In Nigeria: How Has It Affected Your Family? by americanson: 2:50pm On May 22, 2018
Eddodoh:
Thanks @americanson
hey bro. How are you holding up? Hope strong enough? I want to read your success story bro... You can do it!

1 Like

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria: How Has It Affected Your Family? by Eddodoh(m): 4:51pm On May 22, 2018
americanson:
hey bro. How are you holding up? Hope strong enough? I want to read your success story bro... You can do it!
I am doing really good.

You will read it very soon. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Unemployment In Nigeria: How Has It Affected Your Family? by yinkbell: 11:53am On May 25, 2018
[quote author=americanson post=67780220] grin[/quote
Don't just laugh. Act on it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Must A Baby's Hair Be Totally Shaved At One Or Just A Superstition? / If You Are The Poorest Amongst Your Siblings Avoid Family Gatherings. / 'If You Love Your Mother More Than Your Wife, You Made Your Wife Side Chick'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.