Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,955 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:06 PM

Throwback Photo Of Abacha, Abiola And Tinubu In 1993 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Throwback Photo Of Abacha, Abiola And Tinubu In 1993 (3821 Views)

History Of Abacha’s Theft Is Being Rewritten Before Our Eyes By Farooq Kperogi / Throwback Photo Of MKO Abiola And Obasanjo In Secondary School / MKO Abiola And Kudirat Abiola's Graves (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Throwback Photo Of Abacha, Abiola And Tinubu In 1993 by deeprinz(m): 10:55am On Feb 01, 2018
By Abubakar Shafii

This is a throwback Photo of the former Nigeria military dictator, General Sani Abacha and the acclaimed winner of the June 1993 general elections Chief Moshood Kashimawo Olawale Abiola, at the back is the present APC chieftain and former Lagos state governor, Ahmed Bola Tinubu.
The photo was taken a day after General Sani Abacha succefully couped the interim government of Ernest Oladehinde Shonekan in Lagos 1993.

https://07report..com.ng/2018/02/throwback-photo-of-abacha-abiola-and.html

Lalasticlala

Re: Throwback Photo Of Abacha, Abiola And Tinubu In 1993 by Nobody: 10:58am On Feb 01, 2018
Abacha my alobam grin

He never dey use Rayban here?
Re: Throwback Photo Of Abacha, Abiola And Tinubu In 1993 by 12submarine(m): 11:00am On Feb 01, 2018
Bola Tinubu has not changed. Almost twenty years ago. Even Almustapha has changed,
Re: Throwback Photo Of Abacha, Abiola And Tinubu In 1993 by Lordave: 11:04am On Feb 01, 2018
12submarine:
Bola Tinubu has not changed. Almost twenty years ago. Even Almustapha has changed,
*25 years

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photo Of Abacha, Abiola And Tinubu In 1993 by pyyxxaro: 11:06am On Feb 01, 2018
National Robbers

The Good the Bad the Ugly cool

Sai Abacha

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of Abacha, Abiola And Tinubu In 1993 by dan9ice(m): 11:15am On Feb 01, 2018
All this our leader, they are older than our country na..

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photo Of Abacha, Abiola And Tinubu In 1993 by donphilopus: 11:18am On Feb 01, 2018
Most of those guys who have made it a point of duty on this forum to insult Tinubu on a daily basis were probably still being breastfed when Tinubu was rolling with political big boys then. He's only reaping the fruit of his Labour!

Hustle truly pays!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Throwback Photo Of Abacha, Abiola And Tinubu In 1993 by AdolfHitlerxXx: 12:28pm On Feb 01, 2018
fuckerstard:
Abacha my alobam grin

He never dey use Rayban here?

He resembles the hero in the Indian Film Dus Numbri.

I am sure he was wearing "10" on a shirt when he died with those Indian Prostitutes.

The guy had balls of steel though... he read 2 coup speeches.
cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback Photo Of Abacha, Abiola And Tinubu In 1993 by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 12:41pm On Feb 01, 2018
AdolfHitlerxXx:

He resembles the hero in the Indian Film Dus Numbri.

I am sure he was wearing "10" on a shirt when he died with those Indian Prostitutes.

The guy had balls of steel though... he read 3 coup speeches.
cool

Dus Numbri is a very old film ...

Which three speeches did Abacha read ? I am aware of two
Re: Throwback Photo Of Abacha, Abiola And Tinubu In 1993 by AdolfHitlerxXx: 12:43pm On Feb 01, 2018
IamaNigerianGuy:

Dus Numbri is a very old film ...

Which three speeches did Abacha read ? I am aware of two

Don't forget he read for himself overthrowing Shonekan. Which ones do you know?
Re: Throwback Photo Of Abacha, Abiola And Tinubu In 1993 by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 12:48pm On Feb 01, 2018
AdolfHitlerxXx:

Don't forget he read for himself overthrowing Shonekan. Which ones do you know?

It is which ones you know that is the issue.

1983 coup speech - Sani Abacha

1985 coup speech - Joshua Dongoyaro

1993 speech Abacha

You have a different opinion ?
Re: Throwback Photo Of Abacha, Abiola And Tinubu In 1993 by AdolfHitlerxXx: 12:50pm On Feb 01, 2018
IamaNigerianGuy:

It is which ones you know that is the issue.

1983 coup speech - Sani Abacha

1985 coup speech - Joshua Dongoyaro

1993 speech Abacha

You have a different opinion ?

I felt he read the 1985 one. Thanks
Re: Throwback Photo Of Abacha, Abiola And Tinubu In 1993 by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 1:00pm On Feb 01, 2018
AdolfHitlerxXx:

I felt he read the 1985 one. Thanks

You're welcome.

In any case, I dont believe it took any special courage to read a coup speech. Anyone involved in a coup was marked for death if it failed; reading the speech did not change that.
Second if you look at the '83, '85, and '93 coups, they were all palace coups with minimal risk to the plotters.
The first and last were even against weak civilian leaders. These coupists already​ were in power, it was just a change of guard. I consequently don't see them as brave in anyway.
The guys who plotted the '90 and '91 action took more risk imo.

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of Abacha, Abiola And Tinubu In 1993 by MrMystrO(m): 1:25pm On Feb 01, 2018
Tinubu - Same cap since the 80s. Na wa o
Re: Throwback Photo Of Abacha, Abiola And Tinubu In 1993 by AdolfHitlerxXx: 1:25pm On Feb 01, 2018
IamaNigerianGuy:

You're welcome.

In any case, I dont believe it took any shall cottage to read a coup speech. If one was involved in a coup, he was marked for death if it failed; reading the speech did not change that.
Second if you look at the '83, '85, and '93 coups, they were all palace coups with minimal risk to the plotters.
The first and last were even against weak civilian leaders. These coupists already​ were in power, it was just a change of guard. I consequently don't see them as brave in anyway.
The guys who plotted the '90 and '91 action took more risk imo.

Excellent military analysis. I am impressed. I NEVER saw it from that perspective.

Most likely that's why the '90 & '91 coups failed. The risks were just too great.

But being involved in any coup takes a lot of balls. There were typists who might have been guilty /innocent executed during Orkar's coup

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of Abacha, Abiola And Tinubu In 1993 by usba: 1:40pm On Feb 01, 2018
donphilopus:
Most of those guys who have made it a point of duty on this forum to insult Tinubu on a daily basis were probably still being breastfed when Tinubu was rolling with political big boys then. He's only reaping the fruit of his Labour!

Hustle truly pays!

Truly somewhere in their pants playing in the backyard.
Re: Throwback Photo Of Abacha, Abiola And Tinubu In 1993 by benben1000: 1:45pm On Feb 01, 2018
Afonja slaves. Nothing has changed...still slaving.

(1) (Reply)

2023:Tinubu Is Shrinking In The North, OBIDIENTS Must Wake Up( Pix) / My Overseas Trips In Osun’s Interest – Aregbesola / Going Back To His Vomit: Governor Okorocha Is Going Back To Apga!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.