Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,083 members, 7,821,731 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

Whats Wrong With With These Churches: Etc - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Whats Wrong With With These Churches: Etc (1060 Views)

Which Of These Churches Has The Finest/best Choir / I Hate These Churches / Which Of These Churches Will Jesus Accept And Attend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whats Wrong With With These Churches: Etc by alexleo(m): 9:39am On Apr 18, 2010
Why is it that most churches these days like Winners, Christ embassy and the rest preach more of acquiring material wealth and preach little or nothing about eternity? Lets face it, no amount of material acqisation or achievements will take anybody to heaven. The message of heaven and hell seems to be disappearing in churches today whereas it is the major goal that every christian should pursue. Indeed this is satan at work and its his strategy of making people not to prepare for eternity. This money money thing ends here on earth. Yes God blesses people and i am a beneficiary of his wealthy blessings but one thing remains through, none of my wealth or material acquisations will follow me to eternity and thats why i place much importance in where i will spend eternity than this wealth. JESUS IS COMING SOON. Apart from that, death can come at any time. If it comes were will you spend eternity? Heaven or Hell? now is the time to decide. God help you.
Re: Whats Wrong With With These Churches: Etc by Joagbaje(m): 2:27pm On Apr 18, 2010
You are not correct. The message of CEC is about the divine life of God in the christian . The new creation. Your dominion over sin , sickness, death, poverty and over the devil. This is based on the teachings of Christ,Paul, and john. How many tapes of CEC have you listened to to come to your conclusion.

The Christian race is not how to enter heaven. The Christian race is toward perfection (maturity) We are not trying to make heaven. We have heavenly life already. If your message is teching Christians how to make heaven , youve missed it already. Gods expectation is for us to mature and grow into the fulness of Christ and Fullness of God.

Ephes. 4:13-15
Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: [14] That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; [15] But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
Re: Whats Wrong With With These Churches: Etc by jagunlabi(m): 6:23pm On Apr 18, 2010
Joagbaje:

The Christian race is not how to enter heaven. The Christian race is toward perfection (maturity) We are not trying to make heaven. We have heavenly life already. If your message is teching Christians how to make heaven , youve missed it already. Gods expectation is for us to mature and grow into the fulness of Christ and Fullness of God.
Uh Oh!! I am hearing a brand new song in the christian world!! shocked
Re: Whats Wrong With With These Churches: Etc by KunleOshob(m): 8:01pm On Apr 18, 2010
jagunlabi:

Uh Oh!! I am hearing a brand new song in the christian world!! shocked

CEC adherents are not christians, they are cultists masquerading as christians.
Re: Whats Wrong With With These Churches: Etc by Mudley313: 8:20pm On Apr 18, 2010
KunleOshob:

CEC adherents are not christians, they are materialistic cultists masquerading as christians.

corrected
Re: Whats Wrong With With These Churches: Etc by KunleOshob(m): 8:25pm On Apr 18, 2010
Mudley313:

corrected

Thanx cheesy
Re: Whats Wrong With With These Churches: Etc by alexleo(m): 8:37am On Apr 19, 2010
Joagbaje:

You are not correct. The message of CEC is about the divine life of God in the christian . The new creation. Your dominion over sin , sickness, death, poverty and over the devil. This is based on the teachings of Christ,Paul, and john. How many tapes of CEC have you listened to to come to your conclusion.

The race is all about making heaven at last. st Paul also said it, 1Cor 15.19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ,we are all men most miserable. Jesus also said- luke 13.24 Strive to enter through the narrow gate. Christian maturity is good but if christian maturity is the crazy materialistic pursuit and crazy dressing which is not different from that of prostitutes which seems to be the order of the day in CEC, then am sorry you people have missed it. Whats maturity when your so called brothers and sisters appear the same way like prostitutes and wordly men? Whats maturity when you pursue money in such a crazy and probably unholy way the world pursues it? Remember- by their fruits ye shall know them. But one thing about you people is that you seem to misinterpret the Bible to suit your whims and caprices but the fact remains that God's word remains unchanged weather you like it or not. When the apostles where first called christians there was a difference between their life style and appearance before the people of that land could call them that name christian. But today you people are deceiving the world to dress anyhow and probably behave anyhow and still answer christians. If you doubt what am saying, just find time and go deep in prayer with God and ask him to give you real salvation, make you a genuine born again not the one you raise up your hand and repeat after the prayer of the pastor. I mean personal interaction with God. When you stand up from that prayer if you prayed it sincerely, your spiritual eyes will open well and you ll begin to hate most of those things you people are taught in CEC.
Re: Whats Wrong With With These Churches: Etc by alexleo(m): 8:38am On Apr 19, 2010
The race is all about making heaven at last. st Paul also said it, 1Cor 15.19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ,we are all men most miserable. Jesus also said- luke 13.24 Strive to enter through the narrow gate. Christian maturity is good but if christian maturity is the crazy materialistic pursuit and crazy dressing which is not different from that of love-peddlers which seems to be the order of the day in CEC, then am sorry you people have missed it. Whats maturity when your so called brothers and sisters appear the same way like love-peddlers and wordly men? Whats maturity when you pursue money in such a crazy and probably unholy way the world pursues it? Remember- by their fruits ye shall know them. But one thing about you people is that you seem to misinterpret the Bible to suit your whims and caprices but the fact remains that God's word remains unchanged weather you like it or not. When the apostles where first called christians there was a difference between their life style and appearance before the people of that land could call them that name christian. But today you people are deceiving the world to dress anyhow and probably behave anyhow and still answer christians. If you doubt what am saying, just find time and go deep in prayer with God and ask him to give you real salvation, make you a genuine born again not the one you raise up your hand and repeat after the prayer of the pastor. I mean personal interaction with God. When you stand up from that prayer if you prayed it sincerely, your spiritual eyes will open well and you ll begin to hate most of those things you people are taught in CEC.
Re: Whats Wrong With With These Churches: Etc by TBits: 10:22am On Apr 19, 2010
The Christian race is not how to enter heaven. The Christian race is toward perfection (maturity) We are not trying to make heaven. We have heavenly life already. If your message is teaching Christians how to make heaven , you've missed it already. Gods expectation is for us to mature and grow into the fullness of Christ and Fullness of God.

Your are dead wrong. The believe system you highlighted above is not biblical, rather sensual, carnal and is a falsehood that is simply appealing to the flesh.
Re: Whats Wrong With With These Churches: Etc by jessefly: 10:44am On Apr 19, 2010
what shall it profit a man to mature in Christ, possibly finally understand him, hear from him then lose his soul
dat is why some people will heal n preach in God's name but miss heaven because of sins dat go unnoticed like envy, malice, spite, slander, wishing badbelle, profanity, anger, cursing, judging others
i think christianity should be about making heaven or do you read to understand d course n fail the exam
who read is serious, who pass read
Re: Whats Wrong With With These Churches: Etc by alexleo(m): 5:02pm On Apr 19, 2010
You can imagine how satan has been using this cheap gospel to deceive the world and divert their focus from the heavenly journey which is our major. And i can tell you, a lot of souls have gone to hell because they never cared about preparing for eternity rather they concentrated on their so called spiritual maturity which they dont even understand the meaning judging by their way of life. God save this people. Amen.
Re: Whats Wrong With With These Churches: Etc by ukotmi: 10:09pm On Apr 19, 2010
The same I always harp on. When people react to posts, they refuse to read between the lines of the preceding post.
Joagbaje:

The Christian race is not how to enter heaven. The Christian race is toward perfection (maturity) [b]We are not trying to make heaven. We have heavenly life already. [/b]If your message is teching Christians how to make heaven , youve missed it already. Gods expectation is for us to mature and grow into the fulness of Christ and Fullness of God.

Look at the highlighted part of the quote above. Joagbaje is saying that the believer has the Heavenly life in him already therefore heaven is his destination. He did not belittle heaven in any way. My thoughts
Re: Whats Wrong With With These Churches: Etc by ukotmi: 10:20pm On Apr 19, 2010
alexleo:

The race is all about making heaven at last. st Paul also said it, 1Cor 15.19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ,we are all men most miserable. Jesus also said- luke 13.24 Strive to enter through the narrow gate. Christian maturity is good but if christian maturity is the crazy materialistic pursuit and crazy dressing which is not different from that of love-peddlers which seems to be the order of the day in CEC, then am sorry you people have missed it. Whats maturity when your so called brothers and sisters appear the same way like love-peddlers and wordly men? Whats maturity when you pursue money in such a crazy and probably unholy way the world pursues it? Remember- by their fruits ye shall know them. But one thing about you people is that you seem to misinterpret the Bible to suit your whims and caprices but the fact remains that God's word remains unchanged weather you like it or not. When the apostles where first called christians there was a difference between their life style and appearance before the people of that land could call them that name christian. But today you people are deceiving the world to dress anyhow and probably behave anyhow and still answer christians. If you doubt what am saying, just find time and go deep in prayer with God and ask him to give you real salvation, make you a genuine born again not the one you raise up your hand and repeat after the prayer of the pastor. I mean personal interaction with God. When you stand up from that prayer if you prayed it sincerely, your spiritual eyes will open well and you ll begin to hate most of those things you people are taught in CEC.

So what have you said? I love dressing in traditional wears, some xtians took me to task on the need to wear suits and ties. I love dressing casually, the same problem. Now how do we know somebody who is born again? The truth is that if one begins to observe what goes on in all the churches, he will stop going to church. Mark my words. By the nature of my job and lifestyle, I have lots of info on things that would shock the average xtian in most of the main stream born again churches. From Redeemed to CEC, to Deeper Life,Winners, Bible Life, Chosen, Watchman, etc.
But we are all on a journey to perfection.
My point: It is wrong to single out any church
Re: Whats Wrong With With These Churches: Etc by alexleo(m): 4:57pm On Apr 20, 2010
ukotmi:

So what have you said? I love dressing in traditional wears, some xtians took me to task on the need to wear suits and ties. I love dressing casually, the same problem. Now how do we know somebody who is born again? The truth is that if one begins to observe what goes on in all the churches, he will stop going to church. Mark my words. By the nature of my job and lifestyle, I have lots of info on things that would shock the average xtian in most of the main stream born again churches. From Redeemed to CEC, to Deeper Life,Winners, Bible Life, Chosen, Watchman, etc.
But we are all on a journey to perfection.
My point: It is wrong to single out any church

Its not about dressing in traditional wears or suits. Its about dressing indecently, exposing your body indecently, wearing seductive dressing which is what prostitutes are known for when we were growing up. Today its now a normal dressing because most modern day pastors encourage their members to wear those thing. They do so under the cover that God only looks at the heart. This a height of deceit which is leading millions of souls into hell. No matter the interpretation your pastor gives the word of God, at the judgement day God will still judge you according to his(God) own interpretation of his word. People are runing helter skelter looking for churches that will support the wrongs they are doing. Be it known to such people that pastors are not God. Any pastor who preaches something contrary to God's word will go to hell if he doesnt repent. There are pastors, Bishops, deacons etc in hell. The bible said that GOD IS NOT A RESPECTER PERSONS.
Re: Whats Wrong With With These Churches: Etc by chinedumo(m): 5:17pm On Apr 20, 2010
Maturity is important cos immaturity and imperfection is not a heavenly characteristics Rev21:12And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.Christ on earth was sinless and therefore cannot be worried concerning making heaven cos he will make it. his worry is about how many will make it with him. this is the christian, Christ-like attitude. Cos as a christian u are not a sinner 1 john 3:9Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. God is out for sons and not baby christians. to rule with him. God will never give inheritance to immature people who will disgrace him.
Re: Whats Wrong With With These Churches: Etc by alexleo(m): 10:18pm On Apr 20, 2010
chinedumo:

Maturity is important cos immaturity and imperfection is not a heavenly characteristics Rev21:12And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.Christ on earth was sinless and therefore cannot be worried concerning making heaven cos he will make it. his worry is about how many will make it with him. this is the christian, Christ-like attitude. Cos as a christian u are not a sinner 1 john 3:9Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. God is out for sons and not baby christians. to rule with him. God will never give inheritance to immature people who will disgrace him.
Maturity is important as I earlier admitted but being Born again doesnt mean that you cannot fall back into sin anymore. Except u keep your eyes focused on this issue of making heaven and be constantly conscious of it. There is every tendency of you being carried away by the many issues of life and you see yourself gradually slide back to sin and of course there is nothing like a sining christian. It's either you are a christian or a sinner. Thats why I said that these pastors shouldnt fail to raise the consciousness of heaven in their preaching because raising that consciousness continually will keep their members on the watch. Not preaching prosperity 99.9 percent in a year.Read this Bible verses-
Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure (1John 3:2,3)

When you have this hope in you thats what will help you to keep purifying yourself even when you are pure. Not the one you are telling people that they are wearing heavenly bodies by being born again. But the verse we read above said that when he shall appear is when we will be like him. The work of salvation is done in the soul which is the engine of the body. You people shouldnt confuse issues in your churches.
Re: Whats Wrong With With These Churches: Etc by koorious: 8:38am On Apr 21, 2010
There are all sorts of churches in this Nigeria. We don't know which is of God or not and though the bible says by their fruits we shall know them, how can we determine this when they are secretive about their fruits? A few months ago someone mentioned a church called The Great Divine Holy Order of the Third World Era to me. I'd never heard of them but the person seemed to believe so positively in them and that made me curious as to what type of church they were and somehow I found nothing on or about them which was very worrysome. Nigerians need to be very careful where they seek God. There's a lot of falseness out there.
Re: Whats Wrong With With These Churches: Etc by chinedumo(m): 5:03pm On Apr 21, 2010
God wants everyone to make heaven. u chose to make hell. u are already pure as a christian but u still purify urself 4 avoidance of doubt. To be sure that ur faith and confidence is based on reality as u increase in knowledge of God. God wants u to be confident about ur salvation and not careless. Confident but also careful. Not apparently careful and frightened. He is ur father. he derives no pleasure from the fright of his children. fear is a torment. u can not effectively serve God under that yoke. God will not ask us to do something that he has not given us the ability to do. his grace is sufficient 4 us. problem starts when we think we can outsmart God .God is not mocked whatever a man sow that he will reap. otherwise if u do not fall into this category be rest assured that ur salvation is certain. How u not heared of stories of certain men of God God took home early cos if he let them live longer they will not make it. they will fall into the snare of the devil. That is the kind of God u have. full of compassion O GOD merciful redeemer O God u are my God and I love u.

(1) (Reply)

All The Christians Are Sinners! / Nollywood Will Soon Lose Another Actor–prophet TB Joshua / Do Generational Curses Truly Exist?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.