Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,389 members, 7,853,739 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 10:53 PM

My Christian Folks, Answer This Please? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Christian Folks, Answer This Please? (1872 Views)

How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY / Christian Folks Pls Interprete / Nairaland is being unfair to the Christian folks. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Christian Folks, Answer This Please? by MrPresident1: 4:06pm On Feb 02, 2018
Martinez19:
oya answer nah, grin

Beg me very well, say please daddy grin
Re: My Christian Folks, Answer This Please? by DeSepiero(m): 4:07pm On Feb 02, 2018
danvon:
Misunderstood
the Sons of Seth were called Sons of God
The daughters of Cain were called daughters of men

The sons of Seth slept with the daughters of Cain no fallen angels anywhere

Why were sons of Seth called sons of God?
Re: My Christian Folks, Answer This Please? by Martinez19(m): 4:12pm On Feb 02, 2018
MrPresident1:

Beg me very well, say please daddy grin
oya daddy please embarassed
Re: My Christian Folks, Answer This Please? by DeSepiero(m): 4:15pm On Feb 02, 2018
Martinez19:
What lessons can be derived from the book of Job? grin

Who wrote the book of Job?
Re: My Christian Folks, Answer This Please? by DeSepiero(m): 4:19pm On Feb 02, 2018
danvon:
I thought this was supposed to be for Christians but yet the first to comment was an atheist followed by a psycho

Job tells us that God hasn't punished Satan yet but he will eventually.

Did Job write the book of Job?
How did he (or whoever) know that Satan is yet to be punished?
Re: My Christian Folks, Answer This Please? by Martinez19(m): 4:19pm On Feb 02, 2018
DeSepiero:

I don't know but most people say Moses.
Re: My Christian Folks, Answer This Please? by hopefulLandlord: 4:27pm On Feb 02, 2018
DeSepiero:

I dunno but the book of Job is regarded to be the oldest amongst the bible books, there's a popular opinion that its actually written as a way of (an attempt at) solving the problem of evil

I change it to attempt cuz it doesn't solve it at all but only tries to make it more mysterious and even casts Yahweh in a bad light like he's some malevolent entity
Re: My Christian Folks, Answer This Please? by DeSepiero(m): 4:39pm On Feb 02, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

I dunno but the book of Job is regarded to be the oldest amongst the bible books, there's a popular opinion that its actually written as a way of (an attempt at) solving the problem of evil

I change it to attempt cuz it doesn't solve it at all but only tries to make it more mysterious and even casts Yahweh in a bad light like he's some malevolent entity

In that case, the anonymity of the author questions the credibility of the book in a way, but maybe not completely.
Re: My Christian Folks, Answer This Please? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 5:01pm On Feb 02, 2018
danvon:
modified; I see where your coming from you're using good news please check other Bible translations before you make comments like that
How can you say that about good news as far as I am concerned that bible is good including the deutercanonical books inside.
Re: My Christian Folks, Answer This Please? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 5:04pm On Feb 02, 2018
danvon:
of course your using the wrong Bible version what sicko would say Angels came to earth to sleep with women angels that fought against Satan leave God for girls
Hope it is yourself you are calling a sicko.Good news bible is one of the complete bibles so get your facts right before spewing nonsense and calling it wrong bible version arguing with catholic church that gave you your bible.And you have not answered my question where did Goliath come from?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Christian Folks, Answer This Please? by MrPresident1: 6:36pm On Feb 02, 2018
Martinez19:
oya daddy please embarassed

The book of Job is a parable, and it shows the nature of God and His relationship with man.

Job is a code name, it is not the name of an actual individual. Job is the elect of Israel who descended into hell because of the unrighteousness of the people. Because he is part of them, he partook out of their punishment.

satan is one with God, he does not act in isolation to the will of God, this is where most religious people get it, they think that God and satan are word and opposite, this is not true, satan does as he is commanded.
Re: My Christian Folks, Answer This Please? by Martinez19(m): 6:57pm On Feb 02, 2018
MrPresident1:

The book of Job is a parable, and it shows the nature of God and His relationship with man.

Job is a code name, it is not the name of an actual individual. Job is the elect of Israel who descended into hell because of the unrighteousness of the people. Because he is part of them, he partook out of their punishment.

satan is one with God, he does not act in isolation to the will of God, this is where most religious people get it, they think that God and satan are word and opposite, this is not true, satan does as he is commanded.

grin

1 Like

Re: My Christian Folks, Answer This Please? by Nobody: 1:11am On Feb 03, 2018
Lol, of course I knew bigots will type nonsense, like that one that said job is a code name lol,

Even ignorantly saying job was an Israelite when there are proves that he wasn't ..... By the way , job was a gentle... The same ignorant fool said that Satan is one with God,

And to the question of the op...
I have been told not to give holy things to special dogs

1 Like

Re: My Christian Folks, Answer This Please? by budaatum: 2:33am On Feb 03, 2018
MrPresident1:

You dinor call me so awinor ahnssa yhu grin
He dinor cal me eyeda bot I wi ansa!

I asked my dad this same question when I was 10 and heard it told in church. My dad's one of those lawyer types, question question question, and this apple fell from the same tree. He even made me read the entire Book of Job to him! Finally, after days of questioning he looks at me and says "Child, its just a story teaching how fateful one should be. It's not that it really happened that Yahweh and Satan were playing pool with Job's life".

I'm like, "It better not have happened, or that Job has a right to go burn that god down in his heaven!"
Re: My Christian Folks, Answer This Please? by danvon(m): 4:34am On Feb 03, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Hope it is yourself you are calling a sicko.Good news bible is one of the complete bibles so get your facts right before spewing nonsense and calling it wrong bible version arguing with catholic church that gave you your bible.And you have not answered my question where did Goliath come from?
Who called you a sicko? Who's arguing with Catholic church? Did they give us the Bible? You purposefully don't want to understand what I told you

1 Like

Re: My Christian Folks, Answer This Please? by danvon(m): 4:36am On Feb 03, 2018
DeSepiero:

Why were sons of Seth called sons of God?
Because Seth lived uprightly unlike Cain

1 Like

Re: My Christian Folks, Answer This Please? by johnw74: 6:56am On Feb 03, 2018
MrPresident1:

job was a real person
you pres1 cannot stop lying and changing God's word

(Eze 14:12) The word of the LORD came again to me, saying,

(Eze 14:13) Son of man, when the land sinneth against me by trespassing grievously, then will I stretch out mine hand upon it, and will break the staff of the bread thereof, and will send famine upon it, and will cut off man and beast from it:

(Eze 14:14) Though these three men, Noah, Daniel, and Job, were in it, they should deliver but their own souls by their righteousness, saith the Lord GOD.

(Eze 14:15) If I cause noisome beasts to pass through the land, and they spoil it, so that it be desolate, that no man may pass through because of the beasts:

(Eze 14:16) Though these three men were in it, as I live, saith the Lord GOD, they shall deliver neither sons nor daughters; they only shall be delivered, but the land shall be desolate.

(Eze 14:17) Or if I bring a sword upon that land, and say, Sword, go through the land; so that I cut off man and beast from it:

(Eze 14:18) Though these three men were in it, as I live, saith the Lord GOD, they shall deliver neither sons nor daughters, but they only shall be delivered themselves.

(Eze 14:19) Or if I send a pestilence into that land, and pour out my fury upon it in blood, to cut off from it man and beast:

(Eze 14:20) Though Noah, Daniel, and Job, were in it, as I live, saith the Lord GOD, they shall deliver neither son nor daughter; they shall but deliver their own souls by their righteousness.

Pro 30:6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

you pres1 are found to be a liar all the time

1 Like

Re: My Christian Folks, Answer This Please? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:34am On Feb 03, 2018
danvon:
Who called you a sicko? Who's arguing with Catholic church? Did they give us the Bible? You purposefully don't want to understand what I told you
You are ignoring my question and also that was how I interpreted all you said and you claimed good news bible isn't a good translation well I am understanding.
Re: My Christian Folks, Answer This Please? by johnw74: 7:36am On Feb 03, 2018
MrPresident1:

john 1 shows that Father and Son is God,
and john 10 further shows that Father and Son is God
saying satan is one with God is saying that satan is God
such is the evil of you pres1

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Joh_10:30 I and my Father are one.

1 Like

Re: My Christian Folks, Answer This Please? by johnw74: 7:42am On Feb 03, 2018
MrPresident1:

pres1, God and satan are opposite,
God is truth:

Isa 65:16 That he who blesseth himself in the earth shall bless himself in the God of truth; and he that sweareth in the earth shall swear by the God of truth; because the former troubles are forgotten, and because they are hid from mine eyes.

Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

1Jn 5:6 This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.

and you pres1 like your father satan are liars:

Joh_8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

1 Like

Re: My Christian Folks, Answer This Please? by PSTEMMA1960(m): 7:57am On Feb 03, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Let me ask you this question during the great flood giants were killed so why was goliath a giant still alive I asked this question and I got the dumbest answer let the holy spirit guide you.
if u have any serious question feel free to chanel them to me one by one, and i will be happy to answer u..
Re: My Christian Folks, Answer This Please? by danvon(m): 8:06am On Feb 03, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
You are ignoring my question and also that was how I interpreted all you said and you claimed good news bible isn't a good translation well I am understanding.
The KJV or NKJV don't use 'Angels' they use 'sons of God' which are the sons of seth

They were not killed because of their height so i don't see why giants shouldn't exist, even till date we have tall people Goliath was 9ft, the world current tallest man is 8ft.

1 Like

Re: My Christian Folks, Answer This Please? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:23am On Feb 03, 2018
danvon:
The KJV or NKJV don't use 'Angels' they use 'sons of God' which are the sons of seth

They were not killed because of their height so i don't see why giants shouldn't exist, even till date we have tall people Goliath was 9ft, the world current tallest man is 8ft.
How do you know he was 9ft tall? there are a lot of contradictions concerning his height and not all text agree but some agree he was a giant. And you should stop all these KJV and what have you all translations are good all saying KJv like it is perfect.The great flood killed everyone except Noah family and giants were killed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Christian Folks, Answer This Please? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:56am On Feb 03, 2018
PSTEMMA1960:
if u have any serious question feel free to chanel them to me one by one, and i will be happy to answer u..
Thank you,but so that you won't end up being confused I won't ask you a thing.
Re: My Christian Folks, Answer This Please? by PSTEMMA1960(m): 11:27am On Feb 03, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
Thank you,but so that you won't end up being confused I won't ask you a thing.
no wahala, have a lovely weekend..

1 Like

Re: My Christian Folks, Answer This Please? by danvon(m): 11:58am On Feb 03, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
How do you know he was 9ft tall? there are a lot of contradictions concerning his height and not all text agree but some agree he was a giant. And you should stop all these KJV and what have you all translations are good all saying KJv like it is perfect.The great flood killed everyone except Noah family and giants were killed.
Okay then you have the freedom to believe what you want it's your mind anyway, no problem.

1 Like

Re: My Christian Folks, Answer This Please? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 12:00pm On Feb 03, 2018
danvon:
Okay then you have the freedom to believe what you want it's your mind anyway, no problem.
Hahahaha.
Re: My Christian Folks, Answer This Please? by johnw74: 12:03am On Feb 04, 2018
johnw74:

Isa 65:16 That he who blesseth himself in the earth shall bless himself in the God of truth; and he that sweareth in the earth shall swear by the God of truth; because the former troubles are forgotten, and because they are hid from mine eyes.

Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

1Jn 5:6 This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth.

Isa, Yahovah is Truth
Joh, Jesus is Truth
1Jn, the Spirit is Truth

three persons, one God

1 Like

Re: My Christian Folks, Answer This Please? by brandonobi(m): 3:42pm On Feb 04, 2018
my head is already spinning, confusion much ugh!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Download And Listen To Free Theophilus Sunday Songs 2020 / ISLAM IS AN EVIL RELIGION. / Humanism - The Sensible Replacement For Religion?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.