Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,355 members, 7,812,012 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:11 AM

The Top 5 Reasons why Nigerians (Should) Prefer PayPal - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Top 5 Reasons why Nigerians (Should) Prefer PayPal (16010 Views)

Why Nigerians Should Embrace Snake Rearing - Abubakar Ballah / 5 Reasons Why Nigerians Are Now Going Into Online Businesses / Freelancing: Why Nigerians Should Start Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Top 5 Reasons why Nigerians (Should) Prefer PayPal by Smily202(m): 7:09am On Feb 03, 2018
T
Re: The Top 5 Reasons why Nigerians (Should) Prefer PayPal by akeentech(m): 7:11am On Feb 03, 2018
Re: The Top 5 Reasons why Nigerians (Should) Prefer PayPal by Nobody: 7:21am On Feb 03, 2018
Please I just signed up on a website with my PayPal details and I'm worried on how to receive fund. My idea is to send back money in my wallet back to a friend or brother in the state and then receive through western union from them. Does it work like that?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Top 5 Reasons why Nigerians (Should) Prefer PayPal by onatisi(m): 7:23am On Feb 03, 2018
Why do Nigerians like cutting corners and believing they are smarter than the whole world?but. When PayPal strikes their account and blocks it with the funds inside ,they will start crying with foul mouth. IT IS CLEARLY STATED IN THEIR SITE THAT NIGERIA PAYPAL ACCOUNTS CANT RECEIVE FUNDS .

1 Like

Re: The Top 5 Reasons why Nigerians (Should) Prefer PayPal by Nobody: 7:24am On Feb 03, 2018
akeentech:
THERE IS A WAY OUT

There is a way out, then say it for ppls benefit or does it take a special way of hearing it
Re: The Top 5 Reasons why Nigerians (Should) Prefer PayPal by onatisi(m): 7:24am On Feb 03, 2018
tamethem:
Please I just signed up on a website with my PayPal details and I'm worried on how to receive fund. My idea is to send back money in my wallet back to a friend or brother in the state and then receive through western union from them. Does it work like that?
Nigeria PayPal can only send ,it can't receive.it is clearly stated . Unless u are prepared to take a big risk and gamble with ur money
Re: The Top 5 Reasons why Nigerians (Should) Prefer PayPal by ekmike(m): 7:27am On Feb 03, 2018
why bring this discussion up now when its not working for us. When they allow us to receive funds then we can discuss.

Someone here may just read what op wrote and run to open a PayPal account.
Re: The Top 5 Reasons why Nigerians (Should) Prefer PayPal by Nobody: 7:32am On Feb 03, 2018
onatisi:

Nigeria PayPal can only send ,it can't receive.it is clearly stated . Unless u are prepared to take a big risk and gamble with ur money
Sometime last year I paid for a program in Canada and I was denied visa the ppl over there refunded part of my money try PayPal and PayPal notified me , that means the money landed in my PayPal account but unwithdrawable . Do you get? I had to send to the guys to withdraw and send try western union.

My point now is since its possible to send and not receive and I was notified that so so and so person sent you money by PayPal and amount stated, Can't I forward the money to someone since I can send and receive back try western union.

Hope you got me right
Re: The Top 5 Reasons why Nigerians (Should) Prefer PayPal by deafeyez: 7:34am On Feb 03, 2018
Lazyreporta:
The launch of PayPal in Nigeria in mid-2014 introduced a more secure way to transact, in a simpler and more flexible manner across borders; opening up a world of shopping possibilities for Nigerian consumers. PayPal gives people better ways to connect to their money and to each other, helping them pay online without sharing financial information with the sellers.

A recent study conducted in Nigeria by Ipsos*– a global market research company – on behalf of PayPal shows an expectation by Nigerian consumers to conduct more shopping online. Out of the approximately 50 million internet users in Nigeria, 65% of users already shop online and another 24% of users expect to do so in the future.

These numbers clearly demonstrate that Nigerians have a big and growing appetite for E-commerce.

Here is a list of the top 5 reasons why Nigerian consumers choose PayPal and use it for online shopping.

1- A more secure way to pay online
When you make a payment with PayPal your financial details are not shared with the seller. This gives you more control over your financial information and provides you with an extra layer of security.

2- The benefit of PayPal Buyer protection
We also protect eligible purchases with PayPal Buyer Protection. If an eligible item doesn’t show up, or turns out to be different than described, PayPal can help sort things out with the seller. See Terms and Conditions.

3- Shop on thousands of websites around the globe
PayPal is a truly global payment platform that is available to people in 203 countries and markets. You no longer need to book a flight ticket to shop worldwide as PayPal is an accepted form of payment on thousands of websites around the globe. And the fact that your financial information is never shared with the seller is even more reassuring when it comes to shopping online from a merchant from another country that you don’t necessarily know.

4- Online shopping made easier
Using PayPal when paying online makes your life easier. When checking out with your PayPal account, you do not need to type in all your credit card details and shipping information for each transaction- everything is already stored in your PayPal account and kept secure. All you need is your PayPal account’s email address and password and you will get through the checkout in no time.

5- Free to sign up
Last but not the least, signing up for PayPal is free and it’s a breeze; all you have to do is follow the steps below:

source.......... https://www.entrepreneur.ng/tech/5-top-reasons-why-nigerians-should-prefer-paypal/

HOW DOES PAYPAL EXPRESS CHECKOUT WORKS. CAN IT BE USED AS A NORMAL PAYPAL? CAN I USE IT TO RECEIVE MONEY ANYONE.
Re: The Top 5 Reasons why Nigerians (Should) Prefer PayPal by Nobody: 7:36am On Feb 03, 2018
onatisi:

Please don't mind the typos in my earlier comment those "trys" are through. Its the useless auto correct.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Top 5 Reasons why Nigerians (Should) Prefer PayPal by onatisi(m): 7:36am On Feb 03, 2018
tamethem:

Sometime last year I paid for a program in Canada and I was denied visa the ppl over there refunded part of my money try PayPal and PayPal notified me , that means the money landed in my PayPal account but unwithdrawable . Do you get? I had to send to the guys to withdraw and send try western union.

My point now is since its possible to send and not receive and I was notified that so so and so person sent you money by PayPal and amount stated, Can't I forward the money to someone since I can send and receive back try western union.

Hope you got me right
If you paid with your naija PayPal,then the money was withdrew from bank card you linked to the naija PayPal account.
When it comes to the issue of refunds ,it must go back to the card that sent it. Sometimes it takes some days for the funds to clear finally.
Secondly ,naija PayPal can only send out for goods and services and not for personal funds.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Top 5 Reasons why Nigerians (Should) Prefer PayPal by Nobody: 7:39am On Feb 03, 2018
onatisi:

If you paid with your naija PayPal,then the money was withdrew from bank card you linked to the naija PayPal account.
When it comes to the issue of refunds ,it must go back to the card that sent it. Sometimes it takes some days for the funds to clear finally

Oh! I understand.
But why did they send me the notification then.
" You have received so so dollars from so so person "

They are really confusing
Re: The Top 5 Reasons why Nigerians (Should) Prefer PayPal by shevon: 7:41am On Feb 03, 2018
abidex0z:
PayPal is a no no... since last year they have stopped accepting linking of Nigerian MasterCard,after sending them my heartfelt message,one of their officials called me and I was told that Nigerian financial institution is responsible for that....since then I had to stick with payoneer, however PayPal exchange rate is more enjoyable compared to payoneer with heavy charges after every withdrawal from the ATM machine.. .Nothing is going to work in this country...
You are absolutely right. They told me the same thing and when I called my Bank, I was told there was nothing stopping my card from being used on PayPal from their own end. I still keep trying to add my card though and I keep getting same card detail error. It used to work but suddenly started giving error, I was asked to delete and re-add the card, it's been since then that the yeye thing won't allow me add my card. It's so pathetic.

1 Like

Re: The Top 5 Reasons why Nigerians (Should) Prefer PayPal by princenaira(m): 7:45am On Feb 03, 2018
Lazyreporta:
The launch of PayPal in Nigeria in mid-2014 introduced a more secure way to transact, in a simpler and more flexible manner across borders; opening up a world of shopping possibilities for Nigerian consumers. PayPal gives people better ways to connect to their money and to each other, helping them pay online without sharing financial information with the sellers.

A recent study conducted in Nigeria by Ipsos*– a global market research company – on behalf of PayPal shows an expectation by Nigerian consumers to conduct more shopping online. Out of the approximately 50 million internet users in Nigeria, 65% of users already shop online and another 24% of users expect to do so in the future.

These numbers clearly demonstrate that Nigerians have a big and growing appetite for E-commerce.

Here is a list of the top 5 reasons why Nigerian consumers choose PayPal and use it for online shopping.

1- A more secure way to pay online
When you make a payment with PayPal your financial details are not shared with the seller. This gives you more control over your financial information and provides you with an extra layer of security.

2- The benefit of PayPal Buyer protection
We also protect eligible purchases with PayPal Buyer Protection. If an eligible item doesn’t show up, or turns out to be different than described, PayPal can help sort things out with the seller. See Terms and Conditions.

3- Shop on thousands of websites around the globe
PayPal is a truly global payment platform that is available to people in 203 countries and markets. You no longer need to book a flight ticket to shop worldwide as PayPal is an accepted form of payment on thousands of websites around the globe. And the fact that your financial information is never shared with the seller is even more reassuring when it comes to shopping online from a merchant from another country that you don’t necessarily know.

4- Online shopping made easier
Using PayPal when paying online makes your life easier. When checking out with your PayPal account, you do not need to type in all your credit card details and shipping information for each transaction- everything is already stored in your PayPal account and kept secure. All you need is your PayPal account’s email address and password and you will get through the checkout in no time.

5- Free to sign up
Last but not the least, signing up for PayPal is free and it’s a breeze; all you have to do is follow the steps below:

source.......... https://www.entrepreneur.ng/tech/5-top-reasons-why-nigerians-should-prefer-paypal/

Do not forget that the major problem of Paypal is its vulnerability to be recalled up to several extent. Few of my friends lost lots of millions and this is why I do not like it. I prefer Perfect money, scrill, bitcoin, dashcoon, etc. I have been in Crypto market for a long time.
Re: The Top 5 Reasons why Nigerians (Should) Prefer PayPal by shevon: 7:45am On Feb 03, 2018
tamethem:

Hope you got me right
I've received refunds on PayPal (the period we could add our cards o) and it was paid back to my account. I guess yours was because they made it look like a payment. But my issue with them now is that we cannot even add our cards anymore, it keeps asking to check our card details, even when it is correct.
Re: The Top 5 Reasons why Nigerians (Should) Prefer PayPal by onatisi(m): 7:48am On Feb 03, 2018
tamethem:

Oh! I understand.
But why did they send me the notification then.
" You have received so so dollars from so so person "

They are really confusing
At times it is only when the money finally clears that you will get the credit alert. But I think the recipient bank is responsible for such. Notifications
Re: The Top 5 Reasons why Nigerians (Should) Prefer PayPal by bestman09(m): 7:51am On Feb 03, 2018
shevon:

You are absolutely right. They told me the same thing and when I called my Bank, I was told there was nothing stopping my card from being used on PayPal from their own end. I still keep trying to add my card though and I keep getting same card detail error. It used to work but suddenly started giving error, I was asked to delete and re-add the card, it's been since then that the yeye thing won't allow me add my card. It's so pathetic.

I just linked my UBA master card on Thursday and used my PayPal account to make some purchases.. It's working perfectly OK
Re: The Top 5 Reasons why Nigerians (Should) Prefer PayPal by akeentech(m): 7:51am On Feb 03, 2018
tamethem:

There is a way out, then say it for ppls benefit or does it take a special way of hearing it

THIS IS A WAY OUT HOW TO OPEN US VERIFIED PAYPAL IN NIGERIA
Re: The Top 5 Reasons why Nigerians (Should) Prefer PayPal by panpan(m): 7:53am On Feb 03, 2018
Even eBay, which previously owned PayPal, now plans to cut off PayPal as its main payments processor.
https://vox.com/2018/1/31/16957212/ebay-adyen-paypal-payments-agreement

As several people have said on this thread, PayPal does not allow residents of Nigeria to receive funds. If a foreign company snubs you, you may snub them back. You may use PayPal only when the product or service you want to purchase is very important to you and there is no other payment option.

4 Likes

Re: The Top 5 Reasons why Nigerians (Should) Prefer PayPal by Nobody: 7:57am On Feb 03, 2018
Martins301:
Stupid CBN Governor. How can you allow a medium that only permits you to take out money from your economy without the reverse to operate in your country?

Nigeria has over 100,000 internet business owners and freelancers working legitimately online and earning dollars but we are finding it difficult to repatriate our income home.

What sort of nonsense is this
When you were only able to receive money from Western Union & Money Gram CBN wasn't stupid?
Re: The Top 5 Reasons why Nigerians (Should) Prefer PayPal by MASTERMIND04(m): 8:01am On Feb 03, 2018
highchief1:
how much do u take for sex per night?
shocked shocked undecided undecided
Re: The Top 5 Reasons why Nigerians (Should) Prefer PayPal by Yankee101: 8:07am On Feb 03, 2018
Yahoo
Re: The Top 5 Reasons why Nigerians (Should) Prefer PayPal by zicoraads: 8:18am On Feb 03, 2018
abidex0z:
PayPal is a no no... since last year they have stopped accepting linking of Nigerian MasterCard,after sending them my heartfelt message,one of their officials called me and I was told that Nigerian financial institution is responsible for that....since then I had to stick with payoneer, however PayPal exchange rate is more enjoyable compared to payoneer with heavy charges after every withdrawal from the ATM machine.. .Nothing is going to work in this country...
No wonder. Been trying to link with my MasterCard but it ain't working. Is it possible with another card? Visa or Verve or something else...?

1 Like

Re: The Top 5 Reasons why Nigerians (Should) Prefer PayPal by TobiArchy(m): 8:37am On Feb 03, 2018
K...as dem no con gree link my uba master card nko
Re: The Top 5 Reasons why Nigerians (Should) Prefer PayPal by Lazyreporta(m): 8:40am On Feb 03, 2018
Sharon6:
Nice points. Sadly Nigerians cannot receive funds on PayPal.

PIMPLES/SPOTS REMOVER? CHECK MY SIGNATURE.

Nigerians can if you go for my Lesotho paypal training its legal
Re: The Top 5 Reasons why Nigerians (Should) Prefer PayPal by sharpwriter(m): 8:47am On Feb 03, 2018
Martins301:
Stupid CBN Governor. How can you allow a medium that only permits you to take out money from your economy without the reverse to operate in your country?

Nigeria has over 100,000 internet business owners and freelancers working legitimately online and earning dollars but we are finding it difficult to repatriate our income home.

What sort of nonsense is this
The thing tire me... I don't know how we can start an awareness against CBN on this... maybe twitter will be useful like endsars movement.... these ppl at the helm of affairs many times behave idiotic.

1 Like

Re: The Top 5 Reasons why Nigerians (Should) Prefer PayPal by GoodiOG(m): 8:50am On Feb 03, 2018
Thats a bloody lie, i linked my card to my naira MasterCard to my PayPal on the 21st of last month
abidex0z:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Top 5 Reasons why Nigerians (Should) Prefer PayPal by Nobody: 8:53am On Feb 03, 2018
Lazyreporta:
I have just written a book on how to legally open a lesotho paypal that send and receive fund with naija doc and card.

Is the Lesotho PayPal legitimate? Won't PayPal themselves block such an account when they discover that Nigerians are using it to receive money?
Re: The Top 5 Reasons why Nigerians (Should) Prefer PayPal by Lazyreporta(m): 8:54am On Feb 03, 2018
dumo1:

How did you go about it sir?

i have a training on how to do that sir

its legal

1 Like

Re: The Top 5 Reasons why Nigerians (Should) Prefer PayPal by Lazyreporta(m): 8:55am On Feb 03, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Is the Lesotho PayPal legitimate? Won't PayPal themselves block such an account when they discover that Nigerians are using it to receive money?

legitimate sir

you can even call them with your normal line
Re: The Top 5 Reasons why Nigerians (Should) Prefer PayPal by Lazyreporta(m): 8:55am On Feb 03, 2018
GoodiOG:
Thats a bloody lie, i linked my card to my naira MasterCard to my PayPal on the 21st of last month

thank you for this
Re: The Top 5 Reasons why Nigerians (Should) Prefer PayPal by obatoro: 8:59am On Feb 03, 2018
Paypal is useless to Nigerians, you can only pay for goods and services but you can't accept funds. That makes it totally useless. Unless you change your IP and register through another country, that's total rubbish.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

INVEST INTO TOMATO,PEPE,ONIONS,SUYABINS,CORN,WHITBINS,E.T.C / Does Anyone Know About Nylon Recycling Companies In Nigeria / Which Tipper Truck Is The Best For Haulage Business?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.