Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

Elizade: Unveiling The Man Behind Toyota Cars In Nigeria - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Elizade: Unveiling The Man Behind Toyota Cars In Nigeria (33380 Views)

Honda And Toyota Cars: Which Is More Reliable? / Why Are Toyota Cars Still So Expensive Abroad? / Chief Ade-Ojo Of Elizade Spotted Behind The Wheels Of A Tiger Avon Race-Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elizade: Unveiling The Man Behind Toyota Cars In Nigeria by Beedude(m): 9:01am On Feb 03, 2018
OneCorner:
Not as successful as innoson or coscharis cool
Even God is good motor is better cool
Are U Even Successful ?

1 Like

Re: Elizade: Unveiling The Man Behind Toyota Cars In Nigeria by Anambra1stSon(m): 9:05am On Feb 03, 2018
post=64742061:

Globe motors own by Chief Willie Anumodu is authorized dealer of all brands of Toyota vehicles, Mercedes, Hyundai etc

Re: Elizade: Unveiling The Man Behind Toyota Cars In Nigeria by SalamRushdie: 9:09am On Feb 03, 2018
AutoReportNG:

Don't start what you can't finish oo... How many people drive Innoson? Do the mathematics of people that drive Toyota in Nigeria and lets have a debate. Do you say GIG Motors? Like seriously? I give up
Nigerians are veryvpoor with numbers, perceptions and comparison , If you tell him that Elizade is also the the importer of many of the Chinese trucks and cars you see on our roads today he will still argue

1 Like

Re: Elizade: Unveiling The Man Behind Toyota Cars In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:10am On Feb 03, 2018
OneCorner:
Ade-ojo is not a Yoruba name.
it's an isoko name. One of my uncle, an isoko man bears that name sef. Ask ishilove she has an inlaw from isoko bearing ade-ojo too

Biafra people done come.

4 Likes

Re: Elizade: Unveiling The Man Behind Toyota Cars In Nigeria by kolaaderin: 9:13am On Feb 03, 2018
OneCorner:
inferior monkeys are are again for dick measuring contest.

3 Likes

Re: Elizade: Unveiling The Man Behind Toyota Cars In Nigeria by prettyangel10(f): 9:16am On Feb 03, 2018
[quote author= post=64742230][/quote]
Guy, go and create a thread about this, stop derailing threads.
Re: Elizade: Unveiling The Man Behind Toyota Cars In Nigeria by Allansmith: 9:22am On Feb 03, 2018
So much to learn
Re: Elizade: Unveiling The Man Behind Toyota Cars In Nigeria by americanson: 9:25am On Feb 03, 2018
OneCorner:

this man cannot talk were innoson is talking. Man that gtb want to try nonsense with, within two days, gtb came begging. How many people from other tribe can pull that feat?
Amarabae imohtep koman lecture diz man please
you are bastard for trying to trivialize this thread. I am igbo like you most of you are dumb forks and should be shot down on sight... What nonsense?

2 Likes

Re: Elizade: Unveiling The Man Behind Toyota Cars In Nigeria by Anambra1stSon(m): 9:26am On Feb 03, 2018
prettyangel10:

Guy, go and create a thread about this, stop derailing threads.
Coscharies group is the richest among all motor dealer in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Elizade: Unveiling The Man Behind Toyota Cars In Nigeria by Dammyzeal007(m): 9:30am On Feb 03, 2018
OneCorner:
Ade-ojo is not a Yoruba name.
it's an isoko name. One of my uncle, an isoko man bears that name sef. Ask ishilove she has an inlaw from isoko bearing ade-ojo too
... Bro.. He is from ilara mokin in Ondo state
Re: Elizade: Unveiling The Man Behind Toyota Cars In Nigeria by Anambra1stSon(m): 9:35am On Feb 03, 2018
post=64742684:

Coscharies group is the richest among all motor dealer in Nigeria

Re: Elizade: Unveiling The Man Behind Toyota Cars In Nigeria by erumena(m): 9:42am On Feb 03, 2018
OneCorner:

I don dey find u since.
I break one Yoruba boy face wey dey argue with me say fikayo na Yoruba name.
I tell am say I sabi one lady wey all her inlaw dey bear fikayo. As he dey kontine dey argue, na in I use blow destroy in face.
Police dey find me now, I no fit sleep house.

Abeg gimme ur address make we follow go station. Abeg!

At a point, I almost took you serious bobs! Lol

You good bruah, you're really good!

By the way, I'm Isoko and Ade-Ojo is not. But I think oneCorner is an Ijaw name or is It Hausa.

3 Likes

Re: Elizade: Unveiling The Man Behind Toyota Cars In Nigeria by DocHMD: 9:53am On Feb 03, 2018
yeyerolling:
Chief made his money selling cars to govt at inflated prices. He is part of d corrupt pple in nigeria. My Dad used to work for him in dc1980s grin

I'm sure he must made a trip to EFCC and police offices on different occasions. Government contractors are one of the biggest thieves in nigeria, even politicians use them to hide and launder stolen billions.

1 Like

Re: Elizade: Unveiling The Man Behind Toyota Cars In Nigeria by darkhorizon: 10:05am On Feb 03, 2018
Ishilove:

Lol. Fikayo, not Ade ojo

Fikayo is also a Yoruba name.
Re: Elizade: Unveiling The Man Behind Toyota Cars In Nigeria by highlyfavouredo(m): 10:08am On Feb 03, 2018
Thumps up there goes a salesman.
Re: Elizade: Unveiling The Man Behind Toyota Cars In Nigeria by CoolAmbience(m): 10:17am On Feb 03, 2018
OneCorner:

Topics like this have but one object - to motivate young people to productiveness.

Keep your distractive bigotry away or to yourself.

3 Likes

Re: Elizade: Unveiling The Man Behind Toyota Cars In Nigeria by okonja(m): 10:18am On Feb 03, 2018
Okoyeebos:

Innoson - Forgery, Tax Evasion
Coscharis - Money Laundering

I don't know why these descendants of Judas Iscariot can not regard someone as successful until such person has committed a crime.

Is criminality a basis for respect in your place?

It's very rare to see a billionaire from their place without a criminal record. All billionaires from their region are either ex criminals or future criminals. If you doubt me, mention one billionaire from their place without a list of crimes trailing him.

Chief Fabian Nwaora, chairman EFAB properties, owner of All Top Rank Hotels in Nigeria. He's from Osumenyi Anambra state. cool

1 Like

Re: Elizade: Unveiling The Man Behind Toyota Cars In Nigeria by Kaysalas(m): 10:21am On Feb 03, 2018
americanson:
you are bastard for trying to trivialize this thread. I am igbo like you most of you are dumb forks and should be shot down on sight... What nonsense?

Guy! cool down abeg! u too dey PARA. the guy was just tryna catch some fun. cool down abeg
Re: Elizade: Unveiling The Man Behind Toyota Cars In Nigeria by Afamed: 10:33am On Feb 03, 2018
OneCorner:

this man cannot talk were innoson is talking. Man that gtb want to try nonsense with, within two days, gtb came begging. How many people from other tribe can pull that feat?
Amarabae imohtep koman lecture diz man please
You are here as usual with your tribal debate.
Re: Elizade: Unveiling The Man Behind Toyota Cars In Nigeria by Afamed: 10:36am On Feb 03, 2018
CoolAmbience:

Topics like this have but one object - to motivate young people to productiveness.

Keep your distractive bigotry away or to yourself.

May God bless you, there are too many kids in this forum. You can see how he has turned a motivational write up into ethnic rivalry.

1 Like

Re: Elizade: Unveiling The Man Behind Toyota Cars In Nigeria by Rhodiumic(m): 10:37am On Feb 03, 2018
Okoyeebos:

Innoson - Forgery, Tax Evasion
Coscharis - Money Laundering

I don't know why these descendants of Judas Iscariot can not regard someone as successful until such person has committed a crime.

Is criminality a basis for respect in your place?

It's very rare to see a billionaire from their place without a criminal record. All billionaires from their region are either ex criminals or future criminals. If you doubt me, mention one billionaire from their place without a list of crimes trailing him.
Tony Elumelu.
Re: Elizade: Unveiling The Man Behind Toyota Cars In Nigeria by Okoyeebos: 10:49am On Feb 03, 2018
prettyangel10:

I dey gbadun you bro. I'm part of people that liked your posts.

Oshey jare. We gats put those miscreants in their place.

1 Like

Re: Elizade: Unveiling The Man Behind Toyota Cars In Nigeria by americanson: 10:55am On Feb 03, 2018
Kaysalas:

Guy! cool down abeg! u too dey PARA. the guy was just tryna catch some fun. cool down abeg
baba Kay... Na sexy dey hia. I hail bro. Been a while.

No mind me. I am just tired of these guys disgracing us all over nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Elizade: Unveiling The Man Behind Toyota Cars In Nigeria by Dalek(m): 10:56am On Feb 03, 2018
Leave it to the flat heads to ruin the thread...

Animals

1 Like

Re: Elizade: Unveiling The Man Behind Toyota Cars In Nigeria by deity: 11:05am On Feb 03, 2018
post=64742061:

Globe motors own by Chief Willie Anumodu is authorized dealer of all brands of Toyota vehicles, Mercedes, Hyundai etc

Globe motors is one of the authorised dealers of Toyota Nigeia,and Chief Ade-Ojo is the Chairman,a different company from Elizade

2 Likes

Re: Elizade: Unveiling The Man Behind Toyota Cars In Nigeria by Anambra1stSon(m): 11:11am On Feb 03, 2018
deity:

Globe motors is one of the authorised dealers of Toyota Nigeia,and Chief Ade-Ojo is the Chairman,a different company from Elizade
Globe motors is own by Chief Willie Anumodu from IMO state

1 Like

Re: Elizade: Unveiling The Man Behind Toyota Cars In Nigeria by Customer80: 11:25am On Feb 03, 2018
I still doubt he's the only one that has Toyota franchise in Nigeria

We have Germaine ,T briscoe motors who deal on Toyota product

1 Like

Re: Elizade: Unveiling The Man Behind Toyota Cars In Nigeria by Customer80: 11:32am On Feb 03, 2018
AutoReportNG:
Elizade Motors is not strange to many Nigerians as the name is the parent company of Toyota cars in Nigeria, but there is a man that runs and control this multi-million dollar business empire. The success story of Nigerian Dollar multi-millionaire Michael Ade-Ojo, the founder and CEO of the Elizade Group of companies should be a case study for anyone who wants to go into the automotive business in Nigeria.

In the beginning

Chief Michael was born in Nigeria on June 14, 1938, to two modest parents. At a very young age, he became a street vendor and started selling charcoal, food, & firewood to help make ends meet.

He was born in a time when there was little to no financial aid for the less privileged, and parents believed a lot lesser in education, yet he still successfully made it through high school, and later got a degree in Business Administration from the university.

After his graduation, he joined the workforce at CFAO motors; a French distribution company. This same company had paid the tuition for his last two years in the university.

In 1966, while still working as a salesman for CFAO motors, he successfully sold 20 trucks to the Electricity Corporation of Nigeria, but to his dismay, his manager took credit for the sale, which led to a protest by Michael, followed with him losing his job by the end of the year.

After his ousting at CFAO motors, he moved on and got a job at British Petroleum (BP). Within three months of his employment, he increased the sales of his local division by 25%. But just as he was unfortunate with his previous employment, his new boss took credit for the outstanding growth, and this left him aggrieved and lost in thoughts. (No be only Naija dey do fraud, oyinbo people sef na real wayo)

The Breakthrough

As the popular adage says, when life gives you a lime, make a lemonade out of it. Chief Micheal has every course to stay put in his BP job and be contented, but he decided to take a risky but eventful decision. While in Lagos, Nigeria, during his annual British Petroleum (BP) holiday, he decided to take a daring step to approach the RT Brisco Group; an importer and distributor of trucking and automobile equipment. He made them an offer to sell their equipment for a commission on every successful sale.

After careful consideration, the RT Brisco Group decided to give him a trial. In just four months after he sealed the deal with Brisco, he sold about 40 cars. The commissions earned from the total sales were overwhelmingly higher than his yearly salary at BP. This motivated him to quit his job, and pursue his dreams.

In 1971, he started the company, Elizade Independent Agencies (EIA), with his wife, Elizabeth Wuraola Ojo. The name Elizade, was derived from both his wife’s name, Elizabeth, and his name, Ade. His company focused on the distribution of automobiles in Nigeria, especially Japanese cars.

He acquired the license to import Toyota Cars, with the name, Toyota Nigeria Limited, and single-handedly, made the car brand, the most sought-after automobile brand in Nigeria. He later went on to acquire 100% of RT Briscoe in Nigeria, and subsequently acquired more shares, to make his total holdings in Toyota Nigeria Limited, sum up to 74%.

The brand Elizade Motors Group

Today, his conglomerate consists of Toyota Nigeria Limited, RT Briscoe Nigeria, Elizade Auto Land, Classic Motors Limited, Crow Motors Nigeria Limited, Elizade University, Okin Travels Limited, and a host of other investments. He’s also on the board of directors of several Nigeria banks and other companies such as Ecobank, First City Monument Bank, and SMT Nigeria Limited (the official distributors of Mack trucks, Volvo trucks, & Volvo Construction Equipments).

Moral

Never be too comfortable in your present position, that you can making millions from the job never meant you can't make more when you innovate.

Credits:
Toyota Nigeria, StartUpDaily

Source:
http://www.autoreportng.com/2018/02/elizade-unveiling-man-behind-toyota.html

Lalasticlala
Seun
Mynd44
Marpol
Fynestboi
Elizade is a great man but doesn't have Toyota franchise in Nigeria, when writing about people, state it clearly cos we have briscoe, Germaine, globe motors who are also importers of Toyota products in Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Elizade: Unveiling The Man Behind Toyota Cars In Nigeria by Customer80: 11:42am On Feb 03, 2018
Not everybody is Igbo, this is a faceless group where people can claim to come from anywhere all to instigate hatred and ridicule, don't be surprised he's Yoruba who wants his people to ridicule Igbos because of this thread
americanson:
Learn to be matured
Re: Elizade: Unveiling The Man Behind Toyota Cars In Nigeria by lonelydora: 11:59am On Feb 03, 2018
[img][/img]
AutoReportNG:
Elizade Motors is not strange to many Nigerians as the name is the parent company of Toyota cars in Nigeria, but there is a man that runs and control this multi-million dollar business empire. The success story of Nigerian Dollar multi-millionaire Michael Ade-Ojo, the founder and CEO of the Elizade Group of companies should be a case study for anyone who wants to go into the automotive business in Nigeria.

In the beginning

Chief Michael was born in Nigeria on June 14, 1938, to two modest parents. At a very young age, he became a street vendor and started selling charcoal, food, & firewood to help make ends meet.

He was born in a time when there was little to no financial aid for the less privileged, and parents believed a lot lesser in education, yet he still successfully made it through high school, and later got a degree in Business Administration from the university.

After his graduation, he joined the workforce at CFAO motors; a French distribution company. This same company had paid the tuition for his last two years in the university.

In 1966, while still working as a salesman for CFAO motors, he successfully sold 20 trucks to the Electricity Corporation of Nigeria, but to his dismay, his manager took credit for the sale, which led to a protest by Michael, followed with him losing his job by the end of the year.

After his ousting at CFAO motors, he moved on and got a job at British Petroleum (BP). Within three months of his employment, he increased the sales of his local division by 25%. But just as he was unfortunate with his previous employment, his new boss took credit for the outstanding growth, and this left him aggrieved and lost in thoughts. (No be only Naija dey do fraud, oyinbo people sef na real wayo)

The Breakthrough

As the popular adage says, when life gives you a lime, make a lemonade out of it. Chief Micheal has every course to stay put in his BP job and be contented, but he decided to take a risky but eventful decision. While in Lagos, Nigeria, during his annual British Petroleum (BP) holiday, he decided to take a daring step to approach the RT Brisco Group; an importer and distributor of trucking and automobile equipment. He made them an offer to sell their equipment for a commission on every successful sale.

After careful consideration, the RT Brisco Group decided to give him a trial. In just four months after he sealed the deal with Brisco, he sold about 40 cars. The commissions earned from the total sales were overwhelmingly higher than his yearly salary at BP. This motivated him to quit his job, and pursue his dreams.

In 1971, he started the company, Elizade Independent Agencies (EIA), with his wife, Elizabeth Wuraola Ojo. The name Elizade, was derived from both his wife’s name, Elizabeth, and his name, Ade. His company focused on the distribution of automobiles in Nigeria, especially Japanese cars.

He acquired the license to import Toyota Cars, with the name, Toyota Nigeria Limited, and single-handedly, made the car brand, the most sought-after automobile brand in Nigeria. He later went on to acquire 100% of RT Briscoe in Nigeria, and subsequently acquired more shares, to make his total holdings in Toyota Nigeria Limited, sum up to 74%.

The brand Elizade Motors Group

Today, his conglomerate consists of Toyota Nigeria Limited, RT Briscoe Nigeria, Elizade Auto Land, Classic Motors Limited, Crow Motors Nigeria Limited, Elizade University, Okin Travels Limited, and a host of other investments. He’s also on the board of directors of several Nigeria banks and other companies such as Ecobank, First City Monument Bank, and SMT Nigeria Limited (the official distributors of Mack trucks, Volvo trucks, & Volvo Construction Equipments).

Moral

Never be too comfortable in your present position, that you can making millions from the job never meant you can't make more when you innovate.

Credits:
Toyota Nigeria, StartUpDaily

Source:
http://www.autoreportng.com/2018/02/elizade-unveiling-man-behind-toyota.html

Lalasticlala
Seun
Mynd44
Marpol
Fynestboi

Same way my story will be read here on Nairaland in few years to come.
Re: Elizade: Unveiling The Man Behind Toyota Cars In Nigeria by lonelydora: 12:01pm On Feb 03, 2018
AutoReportNG:

Don't start what you can't finish oo... How many people drive Innoson? Do the mathematics of people that drive Toyota in Nigeria and lets have a debate. Do you say GIG Motors? Like seriously? I give up

Toyota here doesn't mean pencil light Camry and Orobo Camry oooo. we are talking of brand new vehicles.

1 Like

Re: Elizade: Unveiling The Man Behind Toyota Cars In Nigeria by Anambra1stSon(m): 12:29pm On Feb 03, 2018
Cosmas Maduka

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Would You Buy This Almost Brand New 1985 BMW 323i For N30m? (photos) / Customs Provides Code For Vehicle Owners To Verify Their Customs Papers / A Comprehensive List Of Vehicle Warning Lights And Their Meanings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.