Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,658 members, 7,840,607 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

''We Need Such Men of Courage at this Time'' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ''We Need Such Men of Courage at this Time'' (1657 Views)

Fayose Leads Special Prayers With Various Men Of God - Photos / Diezani: I Am OPEC President Because Of Jonathan’s Courage / Joe-Okei Odumakin Awarded U.S Woman Of Courage Award For 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

''We Need Such Men of Courage at this Time'' by conscience(m): 3:01am On Dec 27, 2005
''For of those to whom much is given, much is required. And when at some future date the high court of history sits in judgement on each of us, recording whether in our brief span of service we fulfilled our responsibilities to the state, our success or failure, in whatever office we hold, will be measured by the answers to four questions: First, were we truly men of courage… Second, were we truly men of judgement… Third, were we truly men of integrity… Finally were we truly men of dedication? ''
Speech to Massacchussetts State Legislature (9 January 1961) -John Fitzgerald Kennedy

With the above quotation by JFK in mind and the rumour of a 3rd term Presidential Agenda in Nigeria, I join Reuben Abati in demanding:

''We need such men of courage at this time'' - Reuben Abati:
     http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/editorial_opinion/article02/251205
Re: ''We Need Such Men of Courage at this Time'' by Akolawole(m): 3:56am On Dec 27, 2005
Mr Conscience

Was your quoted Article written by Reuben Abati ?

I so much like reading your post because the purpose of your articles will always revolve around Olusegun Obasanjo.

You are much interested in his 3rd term ambition. What are you going to do if eventually he amends the constitution and stay beyond 2007?

Jump into the Lagoon or what?
Re: ''We Need Such Men of Courage at this Time'' by demmy(m): 3:13pm On Dec 27, 2005
I strongly disagree with Abati in that article. He cannot be inviting all sorts of presidential aspirants just as a check on Obasanjo's third term bid which is merely a rumor at this time. None of the name he threw up (from Atiku to Kalu) have shown that they are worthy and I think this is where Obasanjo himself is troubled. Finding a suitable successor; since we Nigerians have proven ourselves incapable of separating the good from the bad (see Dariye, Alams and co). I am not for his third term but I also believe that Obasanjo being a part of the elites and knowing who they are is better to let him sort them out.
Re: ''We Need Such Men of Courage at this Time'' by otokx(m): 4:09pm On Dec 27, 2005
Indeed it appears only God can stop Obasanjo from making his mind up, in Nigeria today courage is a word that has been eradicated from our diction. When you think of the likes of Dele Giwa, MKO Abiola, Shehu Musa Yar Adua, Bola Ige, Ken Saro Wiwa, Kudirat Abiola and many others who are not so popular. You better just mind your business and leave the war to those who think they have the arsenal.
Re: ''We Need Such Men of Courage at this Time'' by Akolawole(m): 4:24pm On Dec 27, 2005
@Otokx

Can you please clarify your comments better to enabled people with little english language understand and learn from you.
Re: ''We Need Such Men of Courage at this Time'' by otokx(m): 4:31pm On Dec 27, 2005
Which of our politicians is ready to die for a good cause even as regards Nigeria? Those dead men and woman i mentioned have taken the shine of "courage" in Nigeria.
Re: ''We Need Such Men of Courage at this Time'' by conscience(m): 10:48pm On Dec 27, 2005
May GOD raise for us Men like David in the Bible.....Amen
Re: ''We Need Such Men of Courage at this Time'' by Greatpeter(m): 11:02pm On Dec 27, 2005
Amen!
Re: ''We Need Such Men of Courage at this Time'' by otokx(m): 12:00pm On Dec 29, 2005
if you like say a zillion amens to dooms day; courage has taken a stroll and is on its way to cuba.

(1) (Reply)

Iran Facing The United Nations On Neuclear Weapon / Nigerian Envoy Robbed In South African Hotel / Shocking! El-rufai Spills It All Out (part 1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.