Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) (52623 Views)

An Important Bible Verse Most Pastors Don't Teach In Their Churches / T.B. Joshua: Some Nigerians May Withdraw To Villages Later / Four Nigerian Pastors That Do Not Collect Tithes In Their Churches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by darlenese(f): 11:26am On Feb 11, 2018
have left several Parish to another because of the issue.
the first was when a pastor asked us to come out for prayers if we wanted to become millionaires, more than half of the church came out , next he asked us to go to our bags and sow a seed of 5k, that failure to do this will attract curses, I went straight to my seat , took my bag and left , my hubby who had refused to come out for the so-called prayer laughed uncontrollably , I was soooo bitter .

4 Likes

Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by walls01: 11:38am On Feb 11, 2018
Olumaeme:
I stopped going to church when I discovered that
1. Pastors are crooks and just using churches as a means of livelihood

2. God doesn't exist, but just an imagination of humans that someone would have created the world, so bandit several stories all around the place

3. Prayers don't get answered, 80% of people who take their prayers to church don't get answered

4. When I taught that, Christians and Muslims can't be serving the same God, so, it's either one religion is fake and the other is original or both are fake (which is likely)

and still you could not ponder where life force came from and what is meant by the term "in the beginning"

2 Likes

Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by Aminaforreal: 11:39am On Feb 11, 2018
grin grin grin
Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by Olumaeme: 11:40am On Feb 11, 2018
walls01:

and still you could not ponder where life force came from and what is meant by the term "in the beginning"

Yes, I was born by my parents and they by their parents and so on!
Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by Amarabae(f): 11:42am On Feb 11, 2018
That's why I am proud to still be an orthodox Christian.
Some people have turned church into a business venture.
Let me remain tight in my Methodist.
Make una Keep una new age ministries.

3 Likes

Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by walls01: 11:43am On Feb 11, 2018
Olumaeme:

Yes, I was born by my parents and they by their parents and so on!
true, but common reasoning shows it goes down to the first. Where did your first parents come from
Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by ImaIma1(f): 11:47am On Feb 11, 2018
Many pastors just say things from their own understanding and personal ideas not directed from God.

May God give us wisdom and sense to know who truly serves him.

3 Likes

Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by walls01: 11:47am On Feb 11, 2018
tippyboy:
It's so sad that people have stopped going to church because of their pastors. No wonder the Bible says: Judgment Will Start in the House of God. Not in the shrine, not in the house of the murders, not in the house of ritualists but in the house of God.

But I still don't understand why some people will stop going to church because of their pastors, are you going to church to worship God or Pastors.

the bible already warn people to beware of this pastors and not to listen to them that he send them not. So why still go to such church?

1 Like

Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by BushWickBill: 11:58am On Feb 11, 2018
I left my own because the church heirarchy told us to start paying an extra 10%.

Why?

Because they said it was to help the G.O. in achieving his dream to relocate his university to his hometown in Osun State. That it was his dream to achieve it for his 70th birthday. They called it "sacrificial tithe".

(You can add up the info to detect the church and the personality in question)

I left because tithing in itself is a controversial issue, yet these people keep adding to our burdens. I could consider donating if the project wasn't personal. But no, they must tax us inspire of all they take from us in the name of "the Lords work" yet they don't care that we need to meet our obligations and responsibilities

With all the money the church receives every Sunday from illegal and fraudulent tithing doctrine and coerced multiple offerings, it is not enough and hence we must foot the bill for relocating I school I probably do not have any chance of sending my child to

This selfishness is why there is no growth in the church spiritually. This is why heathens will continue to mock it and serious souls will continue to question the basis of their faith.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by wonlasewonimi: 11:58am On Feb 11, 2018
mrwonlasewonie:
grin

Who are you? shocked
Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by Naturalobserver(m): 12:06pm On Feb 11, 2018
G
Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by kennypoka2(m): 12:06pm On Feb 11, 2018
tippyboy:
It's so sad that people have stopped going to church because of their pastors. No wonder the Bible says: Judgment Will Start in the House of God. Not in the shrine, not in the house of the murders, not in the house of ritualists but in the house of God.

But I still don't understand why some people will stop going to church because of their pastors, are you going to church to worship God or Pastors.

Do you advice I continue in a church that doesn't have my interest at heart?

Can I also ask you, should I stay in a church but disobey every of their teachings or doctrines?

Lastly, what is the Biblical Purpose for being part of a church?

I await your reply. Not replying attests to your character(confused)

1 Like

Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by mamuzoOMAH(m): 12:06pm On Feb 11, 2018
right now, there is absolutely no motivation to go to church anymore. The pastors are rogues and criminals. Deceiving gullible minds. Prophesying doom almost always. The pray for miraculous breakthrough for something that is almost impossible. Like last year, December. The pastor was screaming "you will get that your miracle house before the end of the year" and the congregation shouted amen. when it was just 1 week before the end of the year. how possible is that. they never preach the importance of farming, the importance of entrepreneurship. never heard any of them advising their members yo go get their PVC. just how to donate money for this and that. it was only one fine dark girl that was motivating me to go to church but now she has gone to SCH.

4 Likes

Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by Liquidfart: 12:12pm On Feb 11, 2018
dudebuck:
when Jehovah's witnesses visit people to tell them the truth, the very same people will no want to listen, all because of these same yeye churches everywhere.
In as much as i will never allow any of the so called pastors to hoodwink me,but as for you ,a member of "jihova wickedness", i dont ever want to see you anywhere near my house!..well my pitbull is there to ensure it doesnt happen grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by smart024(m): 12:18pm On Feb 11, 2018
This is what people who don't read the Bible themselves but wait for a so-called "man of God" to do it for them and twist the words in order to suit him needs...

1 Like

Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by ruffDiamond: 12:18pm On Feb 11, 2018
dudebuck:
when Jehovah's witnesses visit people to tell them the truth, the very same people will no want to listen, all because of these same yeye churches everywhere.
see I like Jehovah witness people ..and I'm a Muslim.. Just two days ago,an elderly woman somewhere in area1 walking with the aid of walking_-stick called out to me..even with.my tight schedule, I was moved to pay her attention for some time..they are nice and unobtrusive.. if you are not interested ,they will go ,,if you indicate interest, they'll stay..their awake magazines is very educative and instructive better than one useless daily devotion crap from most of the these Pentecostal bullsh*t pastors

that's all

4 Likes

Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by mamuzoOMAH(m): 12:26pm On Feb 11, 2018
another problem is why is it that most of the prophecies usually spell doom?

1 Like

Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by Nobody: 12:28pm On Feb 11, 2018
99% of NIGERIAN PASTORS are thieves......

Stay out of these churches for at least 5years and watch how God will surprise you with BLESSINGS more.

3 Likes

Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by Nobody: 12:30pm On Feb 11, 2018
EVILFOREST:
99% of NIGERIAN PASTORS are thieves......

Stay out of these churches for at least 5years and watch how God will surprise you with BLESSINGS more.

I will go one step further, 99.90% of NIGERIAN PASTORS are thieves

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by Ochuksbaba(m): 12:31pm On Feb 11, 2018
vladimiros:
The other day my aunties defended pastor Oyedepo's right to own a private jet with church money..

So many mad people using Religion to mask their madness
. in other words ,ur auntie is mad

1 Like

Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by giftedben: 12:36pm On Feb 11, 2018
Mine was the day I put offering in the basket and as the pastor was preaching, looking at the basket, the currency he saw in there got him annoyed. Then he changed the topic and said he doesn't want to be seeing 5, 10, 20, 50, and 100. The least amount should be N200, that very day I quite the church. I haven't gone to church for 10 years. I am living happily in God's ways.

3 Likes

Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by nwakaibeya1: 12:37pm On Feb 11, 2018
John 5,30 I have the power to judge the living and the dead #hear it clearly and whoever feels threatened is free to challenge the world of justice #Ignorance, especially spiritual ignorance is People's greatest problem and even those who met JesusChrist-physically were also guilty of it and that is why they KILLED Jesus Christ &how about you that didnt meet Him and are ignorant What will I tell you that you Will agree and even if you are powerful and peep me and know I am saying the TRUTH will you agree?dont forget that many people seers also peep Jesus Christ then and knew he was genuine but they never followed him so can you be different? many people who think that they know JESUSCHRIST will perish because of pride,hence they are so used to their self acclaimed title and position that even if Jesuschrist is talking to them physically they will never listen and agree not to talk of the spiritual, where by they are ignorant spiritually and pretend ?I speak SPIRITUALLY and welcome spiritual investigations and challenges from whoso ever ,because Very many times when people hear a new thing they will never check Spiritualy before talking about what they hear and they forget what they claim to know about miracle or does it they don't know what real genuine Miracle means ?that is why we have come with the LIGHT, the MANTLE and UNBELIEVABLE POWER that be of he that made the SPIRITUAL laws and We say our truth and revelation is accept or perish ,be you whoever and we have no apologies and if you know is easy to say tell your congregation or followers that your truth and revelation of Jesus Christ are accept or perish and let's see if you are from Jesuschrist because that is the authority and language of Jesus Christ.We have come again but not to beg any human being .why not be wise and know that kingdom of Jesus Christ has comeback to revenge and judge people of the world or don't you know what blasphemy means anymore if I speak blasphemy ? Mathew 13,13-15
Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by xynerise: 12:39pm On Feb 11, 2018
No reason to leave the catholic church yet...they are blunt in preaching the gospel...no time for Sideline preaching..

People just want to always hear..." You will ride your own car this year!! You will build your house this year!!! You must find your husband this year!!! and so many sideline preaching"

I don't need 100days fasting to receive God's blessing

5 Likes

Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by kerryiyke(m): 12:44pm On Feb 11, 2018
Amarabae:
That's why I am proud to still be an orthodox Christian.
Some people have turned church into a business venture.
Let me remain tight in my Methodist.
Make una Keep una new age ministries.

Spot on, Eziokwu!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by nwakaibeya1: 12:45pm On Feb 11, 2018
John 5,30>Today is Sunday of history & geography teaching & fashion sermons,stories upon stories that don't empower humanbeigns spiritually by comedy, story telling pastors&prophets for spiritually blind Bornagain followers & church goers?bornagains & church goers enjoy it & continue to shout go deeper, prophesy, pastor ride on & after all the razzmatazz, you still remain in evil family&occult wickedness & evil marine bondages&can't sleep at night& witches & wizards feast on them without mercy and evil neighbors and landlords and evil people can't fear you because you have no power& pastors &prophets &apostles continue to use bornagains& church goers to make merchandise of their bellies without giving them empowerment & liberation&most importantly give followers PEACE that ,Jesus Christ promised to give to those who come to him?Again see Jeremiah 5.21,22 Jeremiah 12 10 you must help yourself &Seek for unbelievable power and receive it, which is LIGHT,MANTLE & THE POWER THAT BE &this is available only if you believe there is >many just claim Bornagain without spiritual wisdom &spiritual eyes & unbelievable power & they hate change &new truth&revelation of real JESUSCHRIST even when they read that God will do a new Thing in the Bible but they still question the same God why he is doing a new Thing? What a disaster humanbeings of the world.BEHOLD kingdom of God of Jesus Christ is not for everyone,neither is heaven for everyone, devil has his own children always &devils children hate change,especially the ones masquerading as BORNAGAINS who hate truth&good change with passion& pretend, they are those we call human CHAMELEONS,we have spoken again & those who have ear let them hear &investigate from JESUS CHRIST if indeed they know JESUSCHRIST #who can battle with God of justice & the power that be?remember this is authority & truth&revelation& power that is unbelievable to humanbeigns so it's not compulsory that you must embrace&believe us but only time will tell who is telling the truth or not as this is not like conventional bornagain &bornagain in vogue #NO & NEVER, Our own is accept the truth or perish,we dont beg human beigns to accept our truth&revelation,hence almost everyone claims to be bornagain,the same way many people claimed to know GOD more than JESUSCHRIST when Christ came before and do the forget the fact that Power talks and not empty critics and the confidence of a wise person is look before you leap Mathew 13,13-14
Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by don4real18(m): 12:48pm On Feb 11, 2018
giftedben:
Mine was the day I put offering in the basket and as the pastor was preaching, looking at the basket, the currency he saw in there got him annoyed. Then he changed the topic and said he doesn't want to be seeing 5, 10, 20, 50, and 100. The least amount should be N200, that very day I quite the church. I haven't gone to church for 10 years. I am living happily in God's ways.
I can concur... Someone invited me to her church then the pastor stood in front of the offering box and told members not to bring than 100 bucks... I just sat in my chair abi will he bring out the money from my pocket

2 Likes

Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by Etianwanokon: 12:49pm On Feb 11, 2018
No pastor can make me leave the church as a steadfast believer. I remain there and do what the bible says. Then live right with my God.

1 Like

Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by OLUWAcypris1(f): 12:59pm On Feb 11, 2018
tippyboy:

some churches are founded by devils' agent ,if you don't leave fast gradually they will register your soul in the kingdom of darkness,hmmmm may God help us
Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by itu404(m): 1:01pm On Feb 11, 2018
So it is better to talk about the failings of some pastors on Sunday, a day set aside to worship? How many of you called the pastor[s] and air your opinion to him? if you are real Christian that is what the bible says you should do. since you are not[a true Christian] please shut up and leave pastors alone before their matter start to breaking your necks one by one.[b] Stupid daddy freezers!
Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by troy20(m): 1:07pm On Feb 11, 2018
kenonze:
My cousin left church d day her pastor said those who want marriage please pay N150k I will pray for you marriage will come . He auctioned till he got to N1K
Lols...just when I thought I heard it all

3 Likes

Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by bigsecsyde(m): 1:11pm On Feb 11, 2018
See the hypocrites blaming this pastor and calling him greedy but justifying the need for their daddy G.O to own 4/5 Private Jets. Please what is the difference?

1 Like

Re: Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) by Realslimshady(m): 1:11pm On Feb 11, 2018
terrezo2002:
The truth is there are false ministers who were not called by God, but by their lusts for material gains. By their fruits you shall know them.
If you now condemn all pastors because of the false ones, you will definitely have you

" If you now condemn all pastors because of the false ones, you will definitely have you"
I wish Nairalanders will air the same opinion as yours when it comes to the generalization of all ibo being Ipob members, and all northerners taken as Boko Haram or fulani herdsmen members?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Antichrist Compares Jesus With Pharaoh On Facebook: Users Come For Him / Pastor Essa Ogory's Death: A Sad Lesson On Believing A One-Sided Story / Pastor Sam Adeyemi & His Wife Return To Nigeria After Two Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.