Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,785 members, 7,817,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:53 AM

2019: PDP Govs Get Victory Road Map - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: PDP Govs Get Victory Road Map (530 Views)

Adeleke Will Get Victory At Supreme Court –brother / Buhari Enjoys ‘cult-like’ Followership; Ekweremadu, PDP Govs Supporting Him – BM / Obiano & Wife On Victory Road March To Thank Anambra People For Their Support (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: PDP Govs Get Victory Road Map by HenryUbus12345(m): 2:02am On Feb 05, 2018
BY FIDELIS EGUGBO/ ROSEMARY NWAEBUNI.

NATIONAL Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Prince Uche Secondus has said that the All Progressives Congress’ (APC’s ) alleged failure to provide good governance is a good cause for Nigerians to vote for candidates of the PDP in the 2019 general elections.

Prince Secondus, who was addressing leaders of the PDP in Asaba yesterday, shortly before the commencement of a consultative meeting between the National Working Committee (NWC) of the PDP and governors who won their elections on the platform of the PDP, expressed confidence that ’Nigerians will speak with one voice through their voters’ cards by voting for the PDP in the 2019 general elections.’

According to him, “the weakest point in the history of the PDP is that we lost in the 2015 elections but, we should take advantage of the monumental failure of the APC, they came with a government of vengeance; we must emphasise that our people must have voters’ cards because Nigerians want us to come together and rescue the country in 2019.”

“The NWC is here (Asaba) to consult with our governors and we are presenting our road map to victory to them; on Tuesday, we will consult with members of the National Assembly,” Prince Secondus who was at the event with the entire members of the NWC of the PDP, said.

He disclosed that the PDP will wrestle power from the APC through aggressive awareness campaign for members of the party at the local government and ward levels to have their voters’ cards, assuring that the PDP has been repositioned with strong emphasis on the power of the people, the electorate who will always be given the chance to make their choice in a free, and fair manner without fear.

The chairman lauded the programmes of the Governor Okowa administration, especially in the areas of job and wealth creation, compulsory health insurance scheme, provision of infrastructure, among others, asserting, “Governor Okowa is a performing governor; there is no way you will count 1, 2, 3 governors who are working without counting Okowa.

He is brilliant, an achiever; of a truth, you (Governor Okowa) are doing very well and we will ask our governors to key into your programmes because, they are well thought-out and targeted at the people at the grassroots as the beneficiaries.”

Governor of Rivers State, Barr. Nyesom Wike , at the occasion, said that ‘the desire of Nigerians is for the PDP to take over power at the centre in 2019,’ noting that based on performance; there is no fear about the party losing any of the states where they won the governorship position.

Delta State Governor, Senator (Dr.) Ifeanyi Okowa commended the NWC for choosing Delta State for its meeting and used the occasion to reel out some of the achievements of his administration in the health and education sectors.

He also scored his administration high in peace building, job and wealth creation and ensuring the implementation of the compulsory health insurance scheme, among others, disclosing that based on the love the people of the state have for the PDP, they voted massively for the party in the January 6, 2018 local government elections.

Others who spoke at the meeting were the Governors of Abia State, Okezie Ikpeazu, and that of Gombe State, Ibrahim Dankwambo. As at the time of filing this report, almost all PDP governors of had arrived Asaba for the meeting.

Meanwhile, Delta State Governor, Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa, on Saturday, said that he will ensure a level playground for all aspirants in the forthcoming 2019 general elections.
Okowa, who stated this during the Delta North Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) meeting held at Benvo Event Centre, Kwale, urged leaders who are going about shopping and promising support for different elective positions for pecuniary gains to desist from such, saying that if it was possible for local government areas to arrive at consensus candidates, rather than have many running for one position, it would be better for the party.

He stated that where consensus candidate is not possible, all aspirants will be given a level playground by way of transparent party primaries.

The governor lambasted leaders who support opposition parties, making them look formidable all because their candidate did not emerge in the primaries, saying, “You gain nothing for supporting the opposition.”

Okowa also berated leaders who presented unpopular candidates, making the marketing of such candidates difficult, adding that ‘the forthcoming 2019 general election is a serious task which will not condone such again. The wishes of the people must prevail.”

He pleaded with persons aspiring for various elective positions to conduct themselves in the best way possible in order to make reconciliation easier afterwards, stressing that after primaries, we will remain brothers. “Campaign should leave room for reconciliation,” he maintained.

Besides, he said, “Leaders should stop encouraging aspirants to run for elections all because they want largesse from them.”
Commending political appointees for their turnout at the meeting, he urged them to support the party at the local government areas by paying all their dues to enable them hold regular meetings, adding that local government party chairmen should make efforts to give monthly reports on political appointees.

The governor, while congratulating the council chairmen, their deputies and councilors, admonished that payment of salaries must be their priority and they should keep the council environment clean at all times.

He urged them to be considerate in all they do, considering the economic situation in order not to run into problems and commended the turnout of party faithful which he attributed to the spirit of love and togetherness of members, noting that such spirit of love can only be found in PDP.

Governor Okowa thanked them for their support for the party and the government and commended all for the efforts and roles put in place that yielded huge success for the party at the just concluded council elections.

He cautioned against various groupings that are likely to disrupt the peace and unity in the party, saying that a situation where leaders begin to get the people divided should not be seen in the state.
“The more united we are, the stronger we become,” he admonished, stating that the much preached unity should be evident among leaders, adding that if leaders could form a college of leaders, respect one another, not by sentiments but those that can influence people, the party would be better for it.

Re: 2019: PDP Govs Get Victory Road Map by Chukwu222222(m): 2:03am On Feb 05, 2018
I go read am when i wake up
Re: 2019: PDP Govs Get Victory Road Map by Nobody: 2:05am On Feb 05, 2018
Chukwu222222:
I go read am when i wake up
grin dont forget
Re: 2019: PDP Govs Get Victory Road Map by glo4chuks: 2:09am On Feb 05, 2018
Noted
Re: 2019: PDP Govs Get Victory Road Map by Chukwu222222(m): 2:18am On Feb 05, 2018
SweetPuffPuff:
grin dont forget

My lady i won't even if i forget, once i see puffpuff any where i will remember grin grin
Re: 2019: PDP Govs Get Victory Road Map by Nobody: 2:26am On Feb 05, 2018
Chukwu222222:

My lady i won't even if i forget, once i see puffpuff any where i will remember grin grin
wink

(1) (Reply)

PDP Attacks Buhari For Reinstating NHIS Boss / Corruption Getting Worse In Nigeria — Transparency International / Gov. Obiano Begins His Second Term Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.