Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,446 members, 7,836,782 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

"5 Things That Prove Davido Bought His Songs" - By Ipubliciseafrica.com - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / "5 Things That Prove Davido Bought His Songs" - By Ipubliciseafrica.com (35573 Views)

Majek Fashek's Death: Which Of His Songs Do You Like Most? / Fan Asks Davido To Write His Songs By Himself, He Replies / Japanese Fela Fan Wrote The Titles Of All His Songs On His Shirt (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "5 Things That Prove Davido Bought His Songs" - By Ipubliciseafrica.com by LesbianBoy(m): 10:27am On Feb 06, 2018
The OP is obviously a wizkid fan. angry

Davido co-wrote some of the songs. OP stop making it look like he will just be sleeping and songs will be given to him to sing without him adding anything angry

1 Like

Re: "5 Things That Prove Davido Bought His Songs" - By Ipubliciseafrica.com by Nobody: 10:27am On Feb 06, 2018
Is it a criminal offence to buy songs?
Re: "5 Things That Prove Davido Bought His Songs" - By Ipubliciseafrica.com by Offisial(m): 10:28am On Feb 06, 2018
since when did it become a crime to buy raw materials for your production course? Foreign acts does same. I think with your assertion 'frog voice' in one of your lines, u have loathe for him
Re: "5 Things That Prove Davido Bought His Songs" - By Ipubliciseafrica.com by Akshow: 10:28am On Feb 06, 2018
since when has it become a crime to buy song? beyonce, rihanna, britney, michael all by songs.
Re: "5 Things That Prove Davido Bought His Songs" - By Ipubliciseafrica.com by 1BB007(m): 10:28am On Feb 06, 2018
he buy song he no buy song.. as far say the song make sense. we like am like that #FreeDavido
Re: "5 Things That Prove Davido Bought His Songs" - By Ipubliciseafrica.com by olulumarine: 10:30am On Feb 06, 2018
biacan:
Not surprise cause davido has always been a dondy
Can u write a book that will earn u wat he has.hater!!!
Re: "5 Things That Prove Davido Bought His Songs" - By Ipubliciseafrica.com by Yankee101: 10:31am On Feb 06, 2018
Is there anything wrong with buying songs?

Beyonce buys songs, who be Davido?

You can write songs (lyrics and music) and sell it's entire rights and future royalty and copyright. Or still retain your copyright.
Re: "5 Things That Prove Davido Bought His Songs" - By Ipubliciseafrica.com by Nobody: 10:32am On Feb 06, 2018
This is nothing new.. being an artiste and being a song writer are not the same thing.. besides Rihanna doesnt even write any song..
so we dont really need any topic on NL to make it seem like its an abomination.
OP take note
Re: "5 Things That Prove Davido Bought His Songs" - By Ipubliciseafrica.com by Scholarsticchai: 10:33am On Feb 06, 2018
grin
Re: "5 Things That Prove Davido Bought His Songs" - By Ipubliciseafrica.com by LieutenantBOBO: 10:34am On Feb 06, 2018
free2ryhme:

This can never be news

froggie has a low IQ and he cant give what he doesn't have

This is clearly evident in the noise he call music that he puts out there

He has a low IQ but his bank account is higher than your IQ & your account combined. Even if the figure in your account is multiplied by 1,000,000 it won't still match up.

Keep deceiving yourself. Do you think it's by high IQ that determines how gets rich?

World people... SMH
Re: "5 Things That Prove Davido Bought His Songs" - By Ipubliciseafrica.com by scarface04(m): 10:38am On Feb 06, 2018
Is a law of power. (Law 7) GET OTHER TO DO THE WORK FOR YOU BUT ALWAYS TAKE THE CREDIT.
Re: "5 Things That Prove Davido Bought His Songs" - By Ipubliciseafrica.com by eyinola: 10:42am On Feb 06, 2018
Very funny post,Davido is the only artiste that knows m music business and that's how it's been done in usa, many of MJ songs were not written by him but because Nigerian artiste are not buying songs makes everybody wanna sings, I remember mailing psquare some years back that i have a song for them and they tell me to send the song to them for free.. I hv over 50 songs in my shelve incase u hv davidos contact..

3 Likes

Re: "5 Things That Prove Davido Bought His Songs" - By Ipubliciseafrica.com by adisabarber(m): 10:42am On Feb 06, 2018
Even Michael Jackson paid Babyface to write songs for him so why all these rubbish talk? Imagine how rich Blackface will be today if he decides to start selling his songs instead of trying to sing them himself. It's business. Identify your talent and monetize it. SIMPLE!
Re: "5 Things That Prove Davido Bought His Songs" - By Ipubliciseafrica.com by Omudia11: 10:43am On Feb 06, 2018
Gobe should have been number 1.

Davido bought it from password who had earlier sang and released the song.

Apparently Davido doesn't write most of his songs which is sad. Musicians don't write all their songs but when "most of their songs are written and prerecorded by people it shows lack of talent.

1 Like

Re: "5 Things That Prove Davido Bought His Songs" - By Ipubliciseafrica.com by adisabarber(m): 10:45am On Feb 06, 2018
Omudia11:
Gobe should have been number 1.

Davido bought it from password who had earlier sang and released the song.

Apparently Davido doesn't write most of his songs which is sad. Musicians don't write all their songs but when "most of their songs are written and prerecorded by people it shows lack of talent.

Why can't those writers sing the songs themselves? It takes more than a good voice to sell music.
Re: "5 Things That Prove Davido Bought His Songs" - By Ipubliciseafrica.com by adisabarber(m): 10:47am On Feb 06, 2018
eyinola:
Very funny post,Davido is the only artiste that knows m music business and that's how it's been done in usa, many of MJ songs were not written by him but because Nigerian artiste are not buying songs makes everybody wanna sings, I remember mailing psquare some years back that i have a song for them and they tell me to send the song to them for free.. I hv over 50 songs in my shelve incase u hv davidos contact..

Imagine people paying you 1 million Naira for each song then someone comes here to say they did not do well.
Re: "5 Things That Prove Davido Bought His Songs" - By Ipubliciseafrica.com by R0ckefeller: 10:47am On Feb 06, 2018
LieutenantBOBO:
First of all, buying songs or having a ghost writer is not something that is hidden anymore.

Cardi B's hit song "Bodak Yellow", was written by a rapper called Kodak Black... and Cardi didn't hide the fact that he wrote it. There are hundreds of celebrities in the US who buy lyrics or have ghost writers. It's no big deal.

Now back to Davido. Not everyone has the talent to write a good song & not everyone has the talent to sing. Davido may not be able to write songs, but he has a good ear for music. He knows how to take a lyrics & a beat & turn it to a hit.

Not everyone has the ability to produce hit tracks. But Davido has been doing that like it's child's play. It's not because the lyrics is good. There are some musicians that you'll give those lyrics to but they'll useless it. Take small doctor for example he was the one that brought the slang "if you no get money, hide ya face". But it was Davido that took that slang, put it in a song & it spread like wild fire.

Also, as a ghost writer who wrote the song for Davido, you'd be happy to write another one for him because he's doing good to your lyrics & you can stand up any day and say "I wrote that song for Davido". But if Davido wastes your lyrics, will you want to write for him again? Will you be able to announce to the world that you wrote that song for him?

Even with his cracked voice, his songs still sell. The guy has good ear for music and that's it.
i like your write and qbout the op those are the kind of pple that dont want africa to evolve who find mistake in pple achievement. the op should go read deep on jayz, dr dre, drake kanye west mj r kelly and co before he start typing nonsense again at least he bought the lyrics from them.
about cardi b *bodak yellow* the inspiration came from kodak black song call *no flockin* list to it and I even think kodak remix it again to show love for the song *kodak orange*

1 Like

Re: "5 Things That Prove Davido Bought His Songs" - By Ipubliciseafrica.com by lokoventurex1(m): 10:48am On Feb 06, 2018
mayweather145:
Number 6 everyone is saying tekno wrote it what proof do u have for it? Nobody should say things that's in official. If u work with a producer that's also a singer off course D work will look like his bcs ideas are will be put together in D studio. U knw it's not all artists dat write song Everytime. They can listen to D beat and start freestyling on it. Nd tekno can contribute to it there cos he is D producer of D song. Nd op is dat all his songs? davido is a talented artiste regardless, BCS nobody wrote him his first song like Dami Duri, back when, ekuro and skelewu. at least when he futures in a song nobody writes it for him, he is D baddest remix killer we hv he kills beat. buying songs dose not make u talentless, rather it makes u more talented bcs it's not easy to put it in good shape. Nd make it a big hit.
God really bless you for this analyses. Davido kills songs he features in... What can be better than this ?

Take or leave it, Davido has come to stay in the music industry.. After all , he's not the only artiste in Nigeria , even in Africa and the world at large. How come his music appeals alot?

Let's appreciate our very own. I don't even understand why they call him frog or cracked voice? Dude is a world's talent... HATERS can continue to criticise.. Saheed Osupa calls them mediocre!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "5 Things That Prove Davido Bought His Songs" - By Ipubliciseafrica.com by fresherdanU: 10:51am On Feb 06, 2018
The person that came up with this article is just hating on Davido. Making reference to his voice etc. other international artist also buy songs. its not all the time they write their songs.
Re: "5 Things That Prove Davido Bought His Songs" - By Ipubliciseafrica.com by sixtus3606(m): 10:54am On Feb 06, 2018
if Davido no blow, na una go still come here dey type nonsense!

He has making a headway with all his(purchased) singles.

As far as I'm concerned, Davido is the most successful recording artiste in Nigeria at the moment.

Argue with PMB! undecided

3 Likes

Re: "5 Things That Prove Davido Bought His Songs" - By Ipubliciseafrica.com by chronique(m): 10:56am On Feb 06, 2018
The writer of this article is just a dunce who doesn't know how music business works. There's no crime I'm writing songs for artistes,or buying songs from artistes. As far back as 2008,I had access to a US based A+R outfit who were sourcing for materials for top US acts like Mike Jones,Gucci Maine,Mims,and a host of others. I submitted couple of beats to them and they told me it was good bit wasn't up to the standard they needed... Point is this,a lot happens at the background as far as music business is concerned. Stop writing crappy articles that ends up showing how clueless you are as to how music business operates.

1 Like

Re: "5 Things That Prove Davido Bought His Songs" - By Ipubliciseafrica.com by emsco(m): 11:00am On Feb 06, 2018
Rubbish post, No 1 is false. listen to the track Aye again and u will know Runtown don't do that kind of vibe.Am not even Davido's fan
Re: "5 Things That Prove Davido Bought His Songs" - By Ipubliciseafrica.com by oscarpet: 11:07am On Feb 06, 2018
If u have money go & buy ur own.
Re: "5 Things That Prove Davido Bought His Songs" - By Ipubliciseafrica.com by Kobicove(m): 11:07am On Feb 06, 2018
And so what if he bought the songs?

When did it become a crime to buy songs? undecided
Re: "5 Things That Prove Davido Bought His Songs" - By Ipubliciseafrica.com by deebrownneymar: 11:14am On Feb 06, 2018
ipafricaStaff:

See More: https://ipubliciseafrica.com/gist/see-five-evidences-proves-davido-bought-songs-number-6-will-shock/

Drop your comments.

@OP most of the foreign artistes you love so much don't write their songs. Like 5 people can write a song. Like 3 people will produce etc. Wikipedia is your friend. David has done no wrong abi he steal?
Re: "5 Things That Prove Davido Bought His Songs" - By Ipubliciseafrica.com by LieutenantBOBO: 11:15am On Feb 06, 2018
R0ckefeller:
i like your write and qbout the op those are the kind of pple that dont want africa to evolve who find mistake in pple achievement. the op should go read deep on jayz, dr dre, drake kanye west mj r kelly and co before he start typing nonsense again at least he bought the lyrics from them.
about cardi b *bodak yellow* the inspiration came from kodak black song call *no flockin* list to it and I even think kodak remix it again to show love for the song *kodak orange*

Yeah. That's true.

1 Like

Re: "5 Things That Prove Davido Bought His Songs" - By Ipubliciseafrica.com by MAKABBEY(m): 11:18am On Feb 06, 2018
crisycent:
I laugh when people talk down on Davido. If you guys have the same opportunity he has, you won’t even get off your bed in the morning.

Dude is from a rich home but he’s carving a niche for himself not depending on his father’s money yet some people that struggle to drink garri daily will still come and write sh!t.

I don’t know him from Adam but I respect him for trying even when he no get voice. That’s hard work!!!’

I stand with you...

1 Like

Re: "5 Things That Prove Davido Bought His Songs" - By Ipubliciseafrica.com by luwabrooklyn(m): 11:21am On Feb 06, 2018
LieutenantBOBO:
First of all, buying songs or having a ghost writer is not something that is hidden anymore.

Cardi B's hit song "Bodak Yellow", was written by a rapper called Kodak Black... and Cardi didn't hide the fact that he wrote it. There are hundreds of celebrities in the US who buy lyrics or have ghost writers. It's no big deal.

Now back to Davido. Not everyone has the talent to write a good song & not everyone has the talent to sing. Davido may not be able to write songs, but he has a good ear for music. He knows how to take a lyrics & a beat & turn it to a hit.

Not everyone has the ability to produce hit tracks. But Davido has been doing that like it's child's play. It's not because the lyrics is good. There are some musicians that you'll give those lyrics to but they'll useless it. Take small doctor for example he was the one that brought the slang "if you no get money, hide ya face". But it was Davido that took that slang, put it in a song & it spread like wild fire.

Also, as a ghost writer who wrote the song for Davido, you'd be happy to write another one for him because he's doing good to your lyrics & you can stand up any day and say "I wrote that song for Davido". But if Davido wastes your lyrics, will you want to write for him again? Will you be able to announce to the world that you wrote that song for him?

Even with his cracked voice, his songs still sell. The guy has good ear for music and that's it.
the most played song last year was penalty check that if u no get money hide ur face by penalty was known by everybody( wild fire) B4 Davido dropped fia i
Re: "5 Things That Prove Davido Bought His Songs" - By Ipubliciseafrica.com by ojoduoludare(m): 11:22am On Feb 06, 2018
if the guy still need more song to buy i got to sell mehhhhhh....atleast the guy pay ,,,,, change the news abeg
Re: "5 Things That Prove Davido Bought His Songs" - By Ipubliciseafrica.com by Nobody: 11:22am On Feb 06, 2018
While u making the finding he has bought another to make his money..... Same way a company pays the workers for human intelligence and resources

The point is.... Do what's legit to mak3 money

If you USE ur brain u will find out working HARD doesn't pay but working SMART
Re: "5 Things That Prove Davido Bought His Songs" - By Ipubliciseafrica.com by LieutenantBOBO: 11:26am On Feb 06, 2018
luwabrooklyn:
the most played song last year was penalty check that if u no get money hide ur face by penalty was known by everybody( wild fire) B4 Davido dropped fia i

Okay. But it was through Davido that i first heard it. It was later that i was told that it's small doctor who first said it.
Re: "5 Things That Prove Davido Bought His Songs" - By Ipubliciseafrica.com by Bullhari007(m): 11:28am On Feb 06, 2018
WizKid should go and buy his... success is not meant for people with chicken heart... OBO still the master tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Black Soot: Hilda Dokubo Cries Out About The Pollution In Port Harcourt (Photo) / E-money Shows Off His Decorated Office - Photos / Don Jazzy On BBNaija Nina & Miracle Love: "I Have Had A Babe Like Nina Before"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.