Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,421 members, 7,815,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

152 Million Nigerians Live On Less Than $2/day –afdb - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 152 Million Nigerians Live On Less Than $2/day –afdb (912 Views)

The 16 Allegations Raised Against Adesina, AfDB President The US Wants Revisited / Coronavirus: President Buhari Addresses Nigerians - Live Updates (13 April 2020) / Army Graduates 152 Repented Boko Haram In Gombe State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

152 Million Nigerians Live On Less Than $2/day –afdb by Ogunleti01: 6:04am On Feb 06, 2018
About 152 million Nigerians live on less than $ 2 a day, representing about 80 per cent of the country ’s estimated 190 million population, the African Development Bank has said.
According to the AfDB , which stated this in its 2018 Nigeria Economic Outlook , the level of poverty in the country is unacceptably high .
The Nigeria Economic Outlook is part of larger report, the African Economic Outlook , published by the bank on an annual basis .
The report stated , “ Nigeria still faces significant challenges , including foreign exchange shortages, disruptions in fuel supply, power shortages and insecurity in some parts of the country.
“ Revenue mobilisation efforts are insufficient; at five per cent, Value Added Tax rates are among the lowest in the world , and revenue administration is inefficient.
“ Poverty is unacceptably high; nearly 80 per cent of Nigeria’ s 190 million people live on less than $ 2 a day. ”
The report noted that recovery in oil prices and production would help drive growth and provide fiscal space as the government pursued important structural reforms to diversify the economy .
According to the AfDB, faithful implementation of the Economic Recovery and Growth Plan ( 2017– 20) holds the promise of weaning the nation off its dependence on oil .
The plan focuses on six priority sectors : agriculture; manufacturing ; solid minerals , including iron , gold , and coal; services , including Information and Communications Technology, financial services, tourism , and creative industries ; construction and real estate ; and oil and gas...
http://punchng.com/152-million-nigerians-live-on-less-than-2day-afdb/
Re: 152 Million Nigerians Live On Less Than $2/day –afdb by Colleverage: 6:05am On Feb 06, 2018
grin Change Change Change Change

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 152 Million Nigerians Live On Less Than $2/day –afdb by clevvermind(m): 6:16am On Feb 06, 2018
Buhari has plunge this country into a terrible nightmare. People are really suffering here. Nigerians should do the needful in 2019.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 152 Million Nigerians Live On Less Than $2/day –afdb by Nogodye(m): 6:22am On Feb 06, 2018
Buhari administration only exposed lazy people in the country...Hardwork is the key to leave above $2 per day.Embrace Agriculture.
Re: 152 Million Nigerians Live On Less Than $2/day –afdb by mrvitalis(m): 6:43am On Feb 06, 2018
Enough of all this stupid stats

Nigeria is indeed a poor country relative to other developed countries

But to say this is a big lie

A wheelbarrow pusher makes far more than this
Shoe maker makes far more
Akara sellers makes far more

Even boys that pick iron make far more
Don't come here and shout 18k minimum wage cos no one earns that
That's for level one step one

85 % of Nigeria at working age are employed maybe a lot of them are underemployed but they work

Unless you are lazy making millions in Nigeria is so so easy

This stupid organization needs more donations so ghetto quote this rubbish

2 Likes

Re: 152 Million Nigerians Live On Less Than $2/day –afdb by Donpresh95(m): 6:53am On Feb 06, 2018
More like Most of Hausa/ Fulani live in less than $1 a day. Don't include Igbo there please
Re: 152 Million Nigerians Live On Less Than $2/day –afdb by SalamRushdie: 7:05am On Feb 06, 2018
mrvitalis:

85 % of Nigeria at working age are employed maybe a lot of them are underemployed but they work

You never stop amazing me with your shallowness ..Okay lemme help you quickly calculate your earnings and make a list of every one that is a direct dependent on your income and take the average you will quickly see the the average for your family falls below two dollars a day per person and that's the reason why despite all your working life you have never bought something as little as a brand new vehicle but would rather buy a ten year old Toyota just pretend all is well ..My Friend Nigerians are the dirt poorest people on earth and there is no lie about it , even if I do a quick Gross income average using total earnings against our population it will still come to the same thing ..The People at AFDB are not dumb you know .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 152 Million Nigerians Live On Less Than $2/day –afdb by apriko(m): 7:12am On Feb 06, 2018
What a shit hole country........

We warned them but they didn't listen, and now a coalition has been formed yet they sit tight with thier fulani pay master jux because of 30k per month as BMC crew which is not even regular.
Re: 152 Million Nigerians Live On Less Than $2/day –afdb by Lipscomb(m): 7:16am On Feb 06, 2018
Its a lies from the pity of hell. They can't justify the figure.
Re: 152 Million Nigerians Live On Less Than $2/day –afdb by tuniski: 7:21am On Feb 06, 2018
Nogodye:
Buhari administration only exposed lazy people in the country...Hardwork is the key to leave above $2 per day.Embrace Agriculture.
Lover of hardship sighted! Please ask yusuf to go to farm.
Re: 152 Million Nigerians Live On Less Than $2/day –afdb by okosodo: 7:24am On Feb 06, 2018
Yet the mumu jihadist wants to continue
Re: 152 Million Nigerians Live On Less Than $2/day –afdb by mrvitalis(m): 7:24am On Feb 06, 2018
SalamRushdie:

You never stop amazing me with your shallowness ..Okay lemme help you quickly calculate your earnings and make a list of every one that is a direct dependent on your income and take the average you will quickly see the the average for your family falls below two dollars a day per person and that's the reason why despite all your working life you have never bought something as little as a brand new vehicle but would rather buy a ten year old Toyota just pretend all is well ..My Friend Nigerians are the dirt poorest people on earth and there is no lie about it , even if I do a quick Gross income average using total earnings against our population it will still come to the same thing ..The People at AFDB are not dumb you know .
Bro most Nigerian family earn more than 150k combined every month

Seriously we over hyped how poor Nigerians are

You pick a random 10 familes and evaluate there income
This what I have done over and over and the results are the same 70% of Nigerians live on around 5 dollars per day

And please we are no where near 100 million as a country
Re: 152 Million Nigerians Live On Less Than $2/day –afdb by Ogunleti01: 7:25am On Feb 06, 2018
mrvitalis:

But whether we like it or not stats are indicators of level of development of any nation!
Re: 152 Million Nigerians Live On Less Than $2/day –afdb by mrvitalis(m): 7:38am On Feb 06, 2018
Ogunleti01:
But whether we like it or not stats are indicators of level of development of any nation!
If so America wont be scared of russia
Re: 152 Million Nigerians Live On Less Than $2/day –afdb by Nobody: 7:39am On Feb 06, 2018
Nairalanders, guess what !

I just got my temporary voters card. Waiting 4 the permanent.
Re: 152 Million Nigerians Live On Less Than $2/day –afdb by donestk(m): 7:41am On Feb 06, 2018
This implies a rise in poverty by 10%
Re: 152 Million Nigerians Live On Less Than $2/day –afdb by buchilino(m): 7:43am On Feb 06, 2018
U RIPE WAT U SOW, MOST NIGERIANS CHOSE THE PATH OF EVIL, SO I DON'T FEEL SORRY FOR THEM
Re: 152 Million Nigerians Live On Less Than $2/day –afdb by Nobody: 7:44am On Feb 06, 2018
Lipscomb:
Its a lies from the pity of hell. They can't justify the figure.
Abeg what's the name of the school you attended ? I don't want to mistakenly send my future kids there.
Re: 152 Million Nigerians Live On Less Than $2/day –afdb by Nogodye(m): 8:39am On Feb 06, 2018
tuniski:
Lover of hardship sighted! Please ask yusuf to go to farm.

I'm on it already....
Re: 152 Million Nigerians Live On Less Than $2/day –afdb by Ogunleti01: 2:35pm On Feb 06, 2018
mrvitalis:
If so America wont be scared of russia
Scared as in..?

(1) (Reply)

Civil War Veteran And Biafran Hero Col. Joseph ‘hannibal’ Achuzia Is Dead. / Wife Of House Of Representatives Aspirant In Ondo West Empowers Women / Prof Benard Odo: The Prodigal Son That Never Returned

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.