Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,216 members, 7,822,101 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:31 AM

Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" (44277 Views)

Video+Pictures :Crowd Welcome Buhari To Enugu / Ortom: Why I Left APC To Join PDP / Lagosians Line Up To Welcome Buhari In Lagos Today (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by owoicho13(m): 2:04pm On Feb 07, 2018
Benue State governor, Samuel Ortom, has explained why he did not go to neighboruing Nasarawa State to welcome President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday. 

Many critics were wondering why Ortom failed to welcome the president, who doubles as his party leader at the event but rather sent his deputy, Benson Abounu to represent him.

Ortom in a swift reaction said he could not leave his people who were being killed by the marauding herdsmen to welcome the president, hence his reason to send his deputy to represent him.

He said, “I was invited by my colleague from Nasarawa state over the visit of the President. As a mark of honour and respect for his office and that of the president, I have sent my deputy to represent me because I cannot leave the state when my people are being killed.”

https://www.benuepress.com/2018/02/gov-ortom-reveals-why-he-refuse-to-welcome-buhari-in-lafia/

196 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by owoicho13(m): 2:04pm On Feb 07, 2018

1 Like

Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by Topccy007: 2:06pm On Feb 07, 2018
Great reason!

That is what a true leader does. Not like Buhari that will be flying upandan to other countries when his is on fire.
Buhari doesn't deserve your welcome

He's as useless as a used sanitary pad.

492 Likes 32 Shares

Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by manmoraskk: 2:08pm On Feb 07, 2018
You said it well sir,,, God will see you tru.

278 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by ettybaba(m): 2:12pm On Feb 07, 2018
Buhari is too small to be welcome by your deputy.
You should have sent a councillor.

539 Likes 47 Shares

Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by seunmsg(m): 2:22pm On Feb 07, 2018

He said, “I was invited by my colleague from Nasarawa state over the visit of the President. As a mark of honour and respect for his office and that of the president, I have sent my deputy to represent me because I cannot leave the state when my people are being killed.”

He is justified.

300 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by divinehand2003(m): 2:22pm On Feb 07, 2018
Nice reply

Only an insensitive governor would leave his distressed household to welcome an insensitive and callous president that is visiting a neighbouring state.

279 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by shekauvsbuhari: 2:29pm On Feb 07, 2018
Initially Ortom was trying to be diplomatic n play de good boy until buhari n his fulani bros put poo in his mouth. Now he is trying to man up n show muscle. I dnt blame him. A lesson to all fulani ass-lickers. They dnt give a damn about you.

336 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by newyorks(m): 2:34pm On Feb 07, 2018
cheers ortom has braced up.

91 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by LORDOFAFONJAS: 2:36pm On Feb 07, 2018
PDP is solidly behind you sire

77 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by TheFreeOne: 2:37pm On Feb 07, 2018
A very good reason.

Your loyalty lies with your people and not to some callous bloodthirsty jihadists.

214 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by mbaboy(m): 2:39pm On Feb 07, 2018
To welcome a man who values cows more than human being is an abominable act. 2019 he must go back to Daura

178 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by Haganah: 2:40pm On Feb 07, 2018
Now this is the Benue people I know.

Lion hearted and bold people.

The Igbos(plus our brothers in the SS), Ijaws, and Benue(Tiv, Egede, Gboko, etc) are the formidable allies the rest of Nigeria remain scared of.

The other ones from the West...lols.

127 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by ipobarecriminals: 2:42pm On Feb 07, 2018
sad
Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by TheFreeOne: 3:01pm On Feb 07, 2018
newyorks:
cheers ortom has braced up.
Because he has experienced the abilities of his people's enemies.

No man should ever display his bravery unless he is prepared for battle, nor bear the marks of defiance, until he has experienced the abilities of his enemy.
-Hitopadesa

34 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by Daviddson(m): 3:04pm On Feb 07, 2018
Splendid! It's good this governor has finally learnt how to separate politics from real governance. I remember how he was always praising Buhari back then and been very careful with his utterance when commenting about the murderous activities of the herdsmen, but he has seen that Buhari is not "worth" the respect. So he has began to talk tough, and rightly so.

96 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by EmmaLege: 3:09pm On Feb 07, 2018
cheesy
Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by SalamRushdie: 3:13pm On Feb 07, 2018
I wonder why he even sent his deputy because the only thing Buhari deserves to be welcomed with from Benue is a dirty slap

150 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by EnEnPeecee: 3:17pm On Feb 07, 2018
So the useless animals expected the governor to leave his berieved men and women to go and be laughing in the gathering of the chief dullardeen and his cohorts. They must be madt

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by dodelight(m): 3:17pm On Feb 07, 2018
At last, Ortom became a man! Buhari, touch him if you can!

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by Nobody: 3:19pm On Feb 07, 2018
Buhari visited Nasarawa to commiserate with cow owners over the death of 40 cows..Regrettably, he was unable to visit Benue where the terrorist, fulani herdsmen killed 73 Nigerians. If by now,you still don't know where the priority of this government lies, then your mumu is irredeemable.

82 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by DIKEnaWAR: 3:21pm On Feb 07, 2018
Ortom was one of the worst performing Governors until the killings happened! Now his sins has been forgiven and a 2nd term looks like a sure banker.

Buhari's stvpidity has been to the advantage of a lot of people. if they had handled the killings with tact, Ortom wouldn't have had the kind of support he does from his people.

My advice to Benue people is to vote Buhari and Ortom out together. They are two sides to a bad coin.

87 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by sunsewa16: 4:04pm On Feb 07, 2018
Chai,nawa oh,orthom don vex oh no be small, now come see liver,shebi I talk am say all these mede mede people wey dey form mumu,na dem dey carry mind for back,nice move from him,no need to lick the ass of ur bad wishers.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by osazeeblue01: 4:16pm On Feb 07, 2018
For this reason your second team is guaranteed. Your people first.

5 Likes

Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by MisterSols(m): 4:23pm On Feb 07, 2018
DD2019

Protect your future

1 Like

Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by MrMcJay(m): 4:23pm On Feb 07, 2018
ettybaba:
Buhari is too small to be welcome by your deputy.
You should have sent a councillor.

grin grin

They should have sent forest guards to welcome him.

24 Likes

Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by doctokwus: 4:23pm On Feb 07, 2018
This man has this much sense?
At least Benue people have got a governor that knows Buhari is a washed up,incompetent,integrity tagged wannabe,who should be told by what he is,an irredeemable failure.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by MrMcJay(m): 4:24pm On Feb 07, 2018
APC is losing Benue (if Ortom decamps), Kano and Kogi.

Those supported by Buhari won elections in 2015. In 2019, those supported by Buhari would lose.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by OBAGADAFFI: 4:24pm On Feb 07, 2018
shekauvsbuhari:
Initially Ortom was trying to be diplomatic n play de good boy until buhari n his fulani bros put poo in his mouth. Now he is trying to man up n show muscle. I dnt blame him. A lesson to all fulani ass-lickers. They dnt give a damn about you.

1000likes

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by nerodenero: 4:24pm On Feb 07, 2018
By his action, he has directly won the heart of his people. Second term is sanctioned.

After empowering his people with wheelbarrow, never thought this dude had the balls. By sending his Deputy, it clearly shows the Daura man has lost it completely. This is an open challenge against the Daura man and there is no way he is winning over Ortom and Benue people.

Kudos to the Governor. I think he sent the right message!

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 4:25pm On Feb 07, 2018
Good one

4 Likes

Re: Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" by hezy4real01(m): 4:25pm On Feb 07, 2018
Yes why should you welcome him, I de ur back jare

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To Senator Dino Melaye's Imprisonment - Read / Dorcas Jolayemi: Police Detained Me Because My Husband Criticised Lai Mohammed / “Northerners Are Not Parasites, We Discovered Oil” – NCM

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.